syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
Dear Mr. Yamauchi san!

I first off want to thank you for these fantastic games. I have played every single game since the first one came out, and used to play it a lot with my dad until he died in 2004.

I got myself a Gran Turismo tattoo to honor both you and my dad because of the memories I have playing these games in my younger days. Do you know of any other guys with Gran Turismo tattoos?

Best regards from a huge fan from Norway,

Martin Stenshjemmet / syntex123

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr. Yamauchi san!

I first off want to thank you for these fantastic games. I have played every single game since the first one came out, and used to play it a lot with my dad until he died in 2004.

I got myself a Gran Turismo tattoo to honor both you and my dad because of the memories I have playing these games in my younger days. Do you know of any other guys with Gran Turismo tattoos?

Truly A Gran Turismo fan ;)

Why didn't I think of that?! You're an inspiration, buddy. Sorry for your loss :(

Thanks mate! I really felt like it was something I needed to do. The GT logo used was the logo from Gran Turismo 2, the game me and my dad played the most. :)

Truly A Gran Turismo fan ;)

Yup, I can't wait to have children of my own, so that I can play Gran Turismo with them as I did with my dad!

- Oh, and for those of you who wonders what the scribbling under the logo is, that is my fathers name, in his handwriting. Geir. :) Awesome guy, superb father. Gosh I miss him, wish he was here to see how much Gran Turismo has changed!

And yet again, thanks @Famine , for "re-entering" my thread in this way. :)

Thanks mate! I really felt like it was something I needed to do. The GT logo used was the logo from Gran Turismo 2, the game me and my dad played the most. :)

Yup, I can't wait to have children of my own, so that I can play Gran Turismo with them as I did with my dad!

- Oh, and for those of you who wonders what the scribbling under the logo is, that is my fathers name, in his handwriting. Geir. :) Awesome guy, superb father. Gosh I miss him, wish he was here to see how much Gran Turismo has changed!

And yet again, thanks @Famine , for "re-entering" my thread in this way. :)
Quite a tribute. To all the dads....mine is 89 and still standing.

Dear Mr. Yamauchi san!

I feel sorry for you.... You're an inspiration! 👍

Wow Nordic names are tough... ;)
Forgot to answer you, it isn't that tough, on the GT6 First Love Livestream, Andrew Comrie-Picard pronounced it almost perfect :D

Quite a tribute. To all the dads....mine is 89 and still standing.

Awesome, that's great! :) And yes, quite a tribute :)

I feel sorry for you.... You're an inspiration! 👍

Thanks mate! 👍

LOL :lol:

Well, to each their own I guess.

I would probably get a huge Crash Bandicoot tattooed on my back if given the chance.

Since you don't like that tattoo that well, maybe you like the story behind it better! :) That was the soul purpose, a story-telling tattoo which unveils more than the logo itself. So many people are confused and ask me why I chose that logo, and they all were quite surprised when they heard the story. Quite a conversation piece. And if you want Crash Bandicoot, I'd say go for it!

I wanted a tattoo of gran turismo all over my back,
like a giant GT logo inside a Nurburgring Nordschleife!

Last edited:
I like the idea. You probably could've gotten a better artist to do it though.
True, the last guy who colored it was an apprentice, I will touch it up by a pro later.

Don't get me wrong, i would love to, but it is not that simple.
here are some issues:
the price
the pain
the complexity of the tattoo

Price wouldn't be too high, no pain no gain ;) and the complexity is not a problem for a skilled artist :) you should take a trip to your local studio and get a price and maybe a sketch :D

Back