Gran Turismo Time Trial Demo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skilly
  • 26 comments
  • 4,325 views
Messages
22
Messages
skilly225
First of all, I wanted to make sure I thanked the cummunity here for helping a lurker out for years and years.

I just purchased a ps3 slim and a g27 awaiting the release of GT5 (if that ever happens). I was slightly disappointed when i found out that the g27 does not support the paddles or the neat little LED tac in gt5 prologue , but after a little research I discovered that they do, in fact, work with the GT5 time trail demo.

I just cannot seem to find the demo anywhere on the ps3 store. Am i doing something glaringly wrong? Has the demo been discontinued without my knowledge? I am by all means at playstation 3 noob, but not really a GT noob, and this is frustrating me. id love to see the paddles in action.

im glad im out of lurker status, and thanks for the help.

p.s. I apologize in advance if i am just that dense that i cannot find this demo.

:D
 
there is no demo of TT on store. Competition ended and demo expired. We all can't play it even if it is installed on our hard drives. Wait for Full GT5 Demo ;)
 
I have a question which I might aswell ask on here.

I own a G25 and im thinking of buying a Gameracer coclpit. May I ask how did the G25 work on the TT demo, if it worked at all. I don't want to buy a cockpit for GT5 to only discover my G25 doesn't work on GT5.

I am assuming everything will be ok and im worrying over nothing but its worth making sure!
 
They will work with some time. Just wait until first patch.
 
They will work with some time. Just wait until first patch.

WTF are you talkin about ? :>

I have G25 and it works with all GTs , GT5Prologue, GT4, GT5 TT,

G27 have some problem with GT5Prologue but only LED rev lights don't work.

@ II IVORBIGUN II go buy your racing seat and enjoy

btw this is me playin GT TT on my G25 (replay with crappy phone cam) :

 
Last edited:
Cheers for the reply, nice video by the way.

I was nowhere near as smooth as that with the pad. I said to my friends the other day if you want to play GT5 on professional settings you really need a wheel.

Such a shame we can't play the demo anymore. I wouldn't be bothered about posting times and would only use it for practice with my wheel.
 
Find somebody who trusts you who has downloaded the GTHD demo, and download that instead. I still play that regularly.
 
Find somebody who trusts you who has downloaded the GTHD demo, and download that instead. I still play that regularly.

you can't download GTHD ..

Hey but you can always download demo of GT5Prologue
 
you can't download GTHD ..

Hey but you can always download demo of GT5Prologue
It may not be on the public PSN site for people to download, but it is in MY download history, hence why I said to find somebody you trust who has downloaded it previously.

I reset my PS3 recently and downloaded GTHD again, so evidently you can download it.
 
Hey but you can always download demo of GT5Prologue
Where? It's not on the european store, nor is on the american or japanese.
 
Where? It's not on the european store, nor is on the american or japanese.
Again, the chances are this is one that is no longer on the public site, but if you have downloaded it previously, you can download it again from your history, just like the GTHD demo.
 
If you have an old firmware PS3, there is a way to grab it, using the direct download links, but it's been patched out by Sony. Now you need to have it on your download list for it to be installed

You can download the files onto your PC, and transfer them to the PS3 using a special proxy program, but it won't install on current firmware PS3
Which is a bit of pain, considering these are free software and demos :(
The files are still there, and anyone can download them, it doesn't make any sense to me why Sony would just remove them from the shop listing....
 
WTF are you talkin about ? :>

I have G25 and it works with all GTs , GT5Prologue, GT4, GT5 TT,

G27 have some problem with GT5Prologue but only LED rev lights don't work.

I would like to add the paddle shifters on the G27 don't work on Prologue.
 
i can,t play the GT5 TT too. I quit the game from my hd and redownload it, but it has expired. When is going to be a GT5 Demo?
 
I highly doubt we'll get another demo before release.
 
It may not be on the public PSN site for people to download, but it is in MY download history, hence why I said to find somebody you trust who has downloaded it previously.

I reset my PS3 recently and downloaded GTHD again, so evidently you can download it.

+ i just noticed it :)

on topic.

:scared: try manual+cluth combo ( to people : is it workin in GT5 P on G27 ? )

i Have G25 and all wrks fine either TT or Prologue (cluth is not workin in Gt5P demo).

BTW i will love to get those 900 deg. hand animation from Gt5P demo in full GT5 :/ Especially if they nailed it in GT4 !!! :\ :

 
What the heck?! They had that good animation in GT4 so why is GT5 worse?
 
I agree, why is GT5 so weak? Since GT5 is on delay, I hope we see full 900 degree rotations.
 
900 rotation has been confirmed by sony some time ago.
 
Yes, they even had 900 Degree before the GT5 Prologue game. It was working, not prettiest animations, but I don't know why after that they scratch it out.. 900 looks more natural then 200 (or whatever it is)
 
What the heck?! They had that good animation in GT4 so why is GT5 worse?


GT4 only hand a few cars that featured a cockpit with visible drivers in them, while most (if not all) cars in GT 5 have full interiors with drivers in them, so it takes MUCH more time to get the animations as believable as possible for each car, so that the animations don't look out of place. I'm sure they will be better in the final version.
 
Last edited:
GT4 only hand a few cars that featured a cockpit with visible drivers in them, while most (if not all) cars in GT 5 have full interiors with drivers in them, so it takes MUCH more time to get the animations as believable as possible for each car, so that the animations don't look out of place.

I don't think so. They have the basic animation and all they have to do is to guide the hands to the steering wheel and to the gear lever. I if they just took the GT4 animations and tweaked that to each car it would be better than what we've seen now.
 
Wow! That was GT4?!! I don't remember it looking soo pretty! GT5 better have all the options that GT4 had and more.with 5-6 yrs development there's no excuses.
 
Does anyone know how many Canadians took part in the GT5 Demo Time Trial?
 
Back