Gran Turismo TV broken?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChromeBallz
  • 18 comments
  • 2,643 views
Messages
341
Netherlands
Netherlands
Messages
ChromeBallz
Messages
MChrome
To cut it short: "Unable to retrieve data required by Gran Turismo TV."

I've seen a few people showing it off with some content (like from the Goodwood festival), but it just keeps giving me errors. Is this a problem on my end i can fix, or is it a general problem?
 
To cut it short: "Unable to retrieve data required by Gran Turismo TV."

I get the same error whenever I try to use GT TV, I can only watch the opening and ending movies.

I haven't been able to find out any details about what the problem actually is, let alone how to fix it. :( Any ideas welcome!
 
Still doesn't want to load.
 
Same for me, has been like this since I got GT5 on 25 november.
 
I wonder how many people out of everyone who bought GT5 actually uses GT TV.

Personally i think its a complete waste of time. Id rather they had spent more resources/time developing the game.

Dont get me wrong i absolutely love the game, but honestly there are many things wich are lacking. Online features like leaderboards, general stats tracking, and some sort of reward system for winning online games.

As well as the single player is rather short. They should have put more races, events, licences, instead of a TV system maybe 1 out of 100 people will ever use.
 
I have watched all the content on GT TV. found it very interesting especially how the Lamborghini muira became to be in the game.
 
Works fine for me in the UK. There ispaid and free content. The free content is pretty nice so far. 👍
 
I live in Spain. There's absolutely nothing on GT TV now, and it also gives the error...
 
Today it worked for me for the first time. :)

I guess most likely the error does mean that the GT TV infrastructure for a particular region isn't available yet.
 
I have watched quite a lot of stuff on GT TV ad it all worked fine for me.
 
Working now! Last time I checked was 2-3 days ago, this afternoon I tried again and it's working! It looks really nice, though the PPV content is pretty expensive... (2-3€ per chapter, is quite a lot...)
 
The download sizes are far too big for some of us. We don't all have 20Mbit+ connections and 500+ MB for 10 minutes of video is utterly atrocious. Needs to be more like YouTube and enable lower bitrate streaming for every movie.
 
Weird I was watching preview trailers for Super GT last night. It's nice quality :) I am waiting for the 2010 season to come up for sale so I can watch the HSV-10 GT dominate the season :)
 
Same for me, has been like this since I got GT5 on 25 november.

Just checked it, and now it seems to work. There was a mention about some GT TV files that needed to be created and then suddenly all the episodes were available for download. Don't really like the general presentation however, everything is quite dry...
 
I really hope they keep it updated on a regular basis, I quite enjoy the content 👍
 
I wonder how many people out of everyone who bought GT5 actually uses GT TV.

Personally i think its a complete waste of time. Id rather they had spent more resources/time developing the game.

Dont get me wrong i absolutely love the game, but honestly there are many things wich are lacking. Online features like leaderboards, general stats tracking, and some sort of reward system for winning online games.

As well as the single player is rather short. They should have put more races, events, licences, instead of a TV system maybe 1 out of 100 people will ever use.

GTTV has been there since GT5P so your rant simply doesn't add up. Add to that the fact that nothing in GT5 gameplay is set in stone. Like GT5P and hosts of other 360 and PS3 games, there will be updates to complete the game further. Although I doubt it will ever please everyone.
 
Back