Gran Turismo World Cup?Draft 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 0 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing
With the soccer world cup on this year I notice there is an interactive world cup on the Fifa games and thought, mayber we could set up something similar. What I have come up is a rough idea. I'm open to whatever suggestions anyone has, and if the interest is strong, maybe we could get something up and running.

At the moment I am just looking to see if there is interest. I havent set out any dates, nights of the week, times, etc. This can all be decided by a popular opinion. I may also be looking for extra helpers from different time zones to help make this work as well if anyone is interested.

Entries
Entry is open to anyone from any country, with a maximum of 3 drivers per a country. The first person to join from each country becomes the team manager and it is up to that person to decide how they will fill the team (Hopefully with the best 3 drivers) Reserve drivers can be used as well if there are more than 3 drivers. If more than 16 countries are interested, then we could run qualifying tournaments with each continent.

Host Nation
Any country with a track included in the game is eligible to become a host nation, the host nation will be voted on. The options are: Great Britain, USA, Japan/Australia, Germany, Spain/Italy and France/Belguim/Switzerland. For multiple nation hosts, a vote will be taken to determine which country hosts the final.

Race Nights
Race nights will take place with 4 nations of 3 drivers competing over 3x50km races at 3 different tracks with a 5 minute qualifying before each race to determine the starting grid. The final results will be determined by the total points scored across the entire night with either the winning nation or top 2 nations progressing into the next round

Tracks
Any track from the host nation is able to be used with the exception of dirt and snow tracks. The 3 tracks used on the night will be randomly drawn in advance.

Cars

For all races the car regulations will set to One Make, meaning only loan cars will be used, to keep the racing fair. The cars used on each night will also be randomly drawn, however it will be done before each race. The only driving aids allowed are Traction Control and ABS. Damage will be on. Road Cars will race with Sports Tyres and only race cars will race with Racing Tyres.

Points System
The formula 1 point system will be used to determine the standings for each night

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point

Back