Gran Turismo World (Read OP)

• Thread starter JBanton
  • 8 comments

Would you support the inclusion of the GT world concept?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
London
Jonny-TWC
The GT Free-roam affiliates had been putting together an idea which could possibly be put parallel to GT6 or as a separate title;

OK so basically if you haven't heard the concept yet, Gran Turismo World is an open land where drivers can take their cars to cruise, meet and whatnot. This feature would feature in GT Mode and be an online diversion to A-spec and B-spec. As in the freeroam would be an oline mode which you can use if you're not in the A-spec or B-spec events.
Now I know this feature will not be incuded in GT5 because it will simply be too time consuming but what do you people here at GTPlanet think of an online freeroam in Gran Turismo?
Please can we avoid flaming within this topic, I just want to see what others think of a freeroam in Gran Turismo, there are no wrong answers :).

Basic framework;

1. An island created by and only for Gran Turismo players, featuring multiple terrains and driving experiences. Purposely created for GT players, to test their cars to their limits, cruise or just hang out.
2. Various environments that players can not only enjoy their cars, but take beautiful photos or scope out impressive scenery.
3. Enforcers; elected players who keep the trolls at bay ;)
4. The ability for your avatar to leave their car and have a 1st person view of cars. (Be it their own or someone else's)
5. Special point to point spot-races, touge challenges or drift events initiated by players when and where they want.

If you support this idea, don't forget to vote for it; http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums/96709-gt5-feedback/suggestions/2751188-additional-free-roam

Due to recent misconceptions, I would like to make it clear that we are not, I repeat, not aiming for street racing here. I wad fairly upset to hear this is what people think we are proposing, the original concept was for an island specifically created for Gran Turismo players; no traffic or anything, just an island that caters to the wide variety of driving styles that the Gran Turismo community utilises and enjoys.

It is also a reasonable idea that a Gran Turismo open world free-roam could be released as a separate title, I'll leave this debate with you, the Gran Turismo community.

We were working along and building the idea with community suggestions until the mods mixed our thread with an old one and all progress went to waste :(

I'll add more features below based on community suggestions.

• Use of Gran Turismo 6 physics for gameplay elements

Last edited:
It would have to be a separate title like Forza Horizen.
I can't see a TDU like thing going on in a standard racing game like GT5 or FM4.
That's why Forza split it up into a separate game.

So basically this is just a competitor for the Forza Horizon & TDU genre? Maybe if they would use the exact same physics from GT5 or GT6 i would like it.

I would only support the GT World concept if it was included as a mode in GT6, and if it used preexisting resources such as the SSR highway system and Tokyo R246.

Anything else (especially a standalone title) would require too much manpower and would hurt the development of the GT franchise.

I like this idea, i doubt people will want to keep trolls at bay like you say, and i'm not real sure about that 1st person getting out of the car thing..
I think it should be a big island with various types of terrain to cruise on, it should have meet up spots to show cars, (would be great with a trade system so we could showoff the cars we are willing to trade)

interpolfan11
I would only support the GT World concept if it was included as a mode in GT6, and if it used preexisting resources such as the SSR highway system and Tokyo R246.

Anything else (especially a standalone title) would require too much manpower and would hurt the development of the GT franchise.

Agreed, it should be like PS home but inside the GT6 game, not a seperate tittle

You know we already have a free roam thread. Discuss it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back