Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins in April

• Thread starter Famine
  • 24 comments
Hoping for some large changes.

And I know it won't happen but would it kill them to use Gr.1 or Gr.2 cars instead??? It's year after year of the most boring cars in the game (Gr.3/4)

Last edited:

And I know it won't happen but would it kill them to use Gr.1 or Gr.2 cars instead??? It's year after year of the most boring cars in the game (Gr.3/4)

They have used Gr1/Gr2 (and GrB) in the Nations races. Obviously they wouldn't work for the Manufacturers Cup, Gr2 especially.

Last edited:

And I know it won't happen but would it kill them to instead use Gr.1 or Gr.2 cars instead??? Instead it's year after year of the most boring cars in the game (Gr.3/4)
There will always, always be a championship based around Gr.3 as long as Gran Turismo is a going concern.

Partly because there's a decent chunk of the Sport Mode audience, like every sim racing audience, that only cares about racing GT3 cars and partly because there's a large variety of manufacturers in that class, which PD love seeing.

Ugh, the Wednesday racing is back for good.
I think I'm out.

If we get Sunday Gazoos again I'm up for that instead.
It's nice of PD to encourage people to drop to lower leagues so they have more chances to play :)

I'm curious about this schedule. If it's all Gr.3 GT1, and a Nations schedule filled with nothing interesting and just race cars, I'll be done on the spot. Their decisions have been so silly lately.

Ugh, I know this is great in general but given Fanatec seems to be somehow even slower now there's no way my wheel will be fixed by then...

I don't mind Wednesday races. But having one Saturday and Wednesday means you have less time to prepare for the Saturday races.

I'm not really sure there's a solution to the schedule that would work for a good majority of the player base.

Been paying attention to what tracks they use in the weekly’s. I’ve seen in the past, that they’ll use circuits from the previous 6 week’s daily’s… but they’ll flip-flop the Group of cars (I.E. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Monza gr.4 or Laguna Seca Gr.3 in Manu or Trial Mountain, Brands Hatch ect.)

Last edited:
At any rate, I'm excited. I would imagine that when the race schedule gets released, there'll be at least one round that's TBA. Not to mention that the end-of-season credit rewards for your rankings seem to be higher than for the Exhibition Series.

Every Manufacturer's Series lets you pick a new brand.

Where is this news coming from anyway? I don't see anything on the official website.
It's all over their socials. I'm as surprised as you that there's nothing on their site, but it's an announcement announcement rather than an announcement.

I am also kinda bummed to see Weds as a likely day for the series, if for no other reason than have two races per week doesn't give a lot of time for us casuals to actually practice.
If you're a casual then you shouldn't worry too much about results, just jump in and go. Most combos have been repeated to death anyway so it should only take a couple laps to get up to speed, and then just scour the forum for strategy tips (most races are just simple 1 stop and you only need to know how long the softest tyre last). It's more important to practice efficiently and remember the key points of a fast laptime/strategy instead of just running mindless laps/endless race permutations. If you've done the recent Manu race for example, the next time you see a Gr.3 at Grand Valley you're not starting from scratch and shouldn't need as much practice.

For other sims esports with open setup and longer races sure practice and testing makes a difference. But for GT's format practice is overrated unless you're gunning for the finals and looking for those last few tenths. And even then, all the top drivers have been doing this for so long they don't need more than an hour max probably. As long as the races are announced one day in advance it's more than enough time.

For context, back in 2019 we have 20 races per championship. We have Nations/Manu back to back on Wednesday, and Nations/Manu + sometimes Toyota Cup on Saturday. That's 5 races you have to prep for each week, for 2 months non stop. Compared to that, having one race on Wednesday and Saturday is pretty relaxing :lol: And since the full season schedule is announced in advance you can practice weeks before the actual race too.

Last edited:
Don't you love the trailer before the trailer (enter sarcasm here), such a bad trend nowadays with informing audiences.

Come On Reaction GIF

Hopefully it will be A chaotic racing schedule to say the least. Bring on April!

If you're a casual then you shouldn't worry too much about results, just jump in and go. Most combos have been repeated to death anyway so it should only take a couple laps to get up to speed, and then just scour the forum for strategy tips (most races are just simple 1 stop and you only need to know how long the softest tyre last). It's more important to practice efficiently and remember the key points of a fast laptime/strategy instead of just running mindless laps/endless race permutations. If you've done the recent Manu race for example, the next time you see a Gr.3 at Grand Valley you're not starting from scratch and shouldn't need as much practice.
It's not so much worried about results, as much as worried about being a driving roadblock. :lol: Besides, if I am going to put the time into competing I'd like to at least be competitive.

Anyway, trying to not put the cart before the horse... let's see what the combos and schedules are. FOr me, personally, I do the ones I can and like rather than feel obligated to do them all.

Back