Gran Turismo World Series discussion (2026 Manufacturers Cup Exhibition 2: Aug 22 - Sep 12)

  • Thread starter Thread starter stpatty
  • 13,874 comments
  • 3,751,372 views
I'm finding it hard to get excited about this round. I'm driving the Barker, as I expect most everyone else will. My best lap so far is 2:03.188, with most of my laps in the 2:03s. I feel like that is okay-ish, but not great. It is what it is. Sprint race. No strategy. Just try to drive fast and avoid any collisions. That damage is brutal.

Good luck to everybody racing!
 
I'm finding it hard to get excited about this round. I'm driving the Barker, as I expect most everyone else will. My best lap so far is 2:03.188, with most of my laps in the 2:03s. I feel like that is okay-ish, but not great. It is what it is. Sprint race. No strategy. Just try to drive fast and avoid any collisions. That damage is brutal.

Good luck to everybody racing!
Agreed! This will be a one and done for me, regardless of the result.
 
I'm have some fun with the Berlinetta in practice. Low 2:03 PB. Hoping for a mid pack start, then being able to stay in the Barker's draft and outracing them through the turns.

No idea what my bottom split GT1 lobbies will bring.
 
GT2 EMEA 1st Slot high B lobby

Managed a 2.0.2.755 in qualify, about 1s off my best in FP but enough for pole here.

Race start you need to switch up gears immediately as you start in 1st very near the redline. Had a streamer Ozzy Man in P2 and for the first few laps we worked together to build a gap between the rest of the pack.

THE SLIPSTREAM HERE IS INSANE! You can easily gain back 0.5s in the slipstream in the straights here - it was something I was very unprepared for. After a while P2 takes me then I tuck in their slipstream and bump draft them for a few more laps, thinking we can battle in the last 2 laps. Unfortunately I messed a few corners up so couldn't get the battle going but for some reason they pulled over on the last straight to give me the win. Checking out his stream now to see why! Was a fun race but it did look a bit like chaos behind us. All Barkers except 1 Porsche which finished 2nd from last.

Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
GT2 EMEA - 19:00 - Q5 P5

I didn't have big expectation also because I am little bit sick and racing with fever.
I decided to go with the Barker because at the end all the people are racing with this car and I don't want to be original at any cost.

Qualified with 2:03.9 (1.1 sec slower of my personal best) and 0.8 from the pole. Happy anyhow.
Within a couple of laps I am in P3 with one driver spinning and overtaking another one.

From now on I am following very close the P2 that I managed to overtake at lap 6 but due to some my uncertainties I am overtaken again the following lap.
However at lap 8 at T7 I didn't want to be too much aggressive on P2 but the "nice" German driver in P4 had a different approach and killed my car... due to the damages I am also overtaken by P5.

In the last two laps I had the opportunity to get back the position and become P4, but I thought that it was too risky and gaining one position couldn't do a real difference.

Race is done, I go back to my bed with a cup of hot tea...

Good luck to all the others!

P.S.
See you at Deep Forest where the strategy will matter... and then we are entering in @Moose78 territory... :D:D:D
 
GT2 EMEA 1st Slot high B lobby

Managed a 2.0.2.755 in qualify, about 1s off my best in FP but enough for pole here.

Race start you need to switch up gears immediately as you start in 1st very near the redline. Had a streamer Ozzy Man in P2 and for the first few laps we worked together to build a gap between the rest of the pack.

THE SLIPSTREAM HERE IS INSANE! You can easily gain back 0.5s in the slipstream in the straights here - it was something I was very unprepared for. After a while P2 takes me then I tuck in their slipstream and bump draft them for a few more laps, thinking we can battle in the last 2 laps. Unfortunately I messed a few corners up so couldn't get the battle going but for some reason they pulled over on the last straight to give me the win. Checking out his stream now to see why! Was a fun race but it did look a bit like chaos behind us. All Barkers except 1 Porsche which finished 2nd from last.
It’s downright awful. I got tapped lap one knocked back to 10th from P2. The slipstream is so strong. I was 3 1/2 seconds behind the next car and still getting a boost to my top speed up to 130 mph. It’s just unrealistic and it allows worse drivers to catch up no matter how much time you make up in the corners. But I guess that’s what they’re aiming for with all this extra grip, closer races with larger differences between skilled drivers and not skilled drivers. It’s sad. It allows lower SR drivers to keep using their dirty tricks because they can catch up on the straight.
 
Last edited:
GT2 EMEA 1st Slot high B lobby

Managed a 2.0.2.755 in qualify, about 1s off my best in FP but enough for pole here.

Race start you need to switch up gears immediately as you start in 1st very near the redline. Had a streamer Ozzy Man in P2 and for the first few laps we worked together to build a gap between the rest of the pack.

THE SLIPSTREAM HERE IS INSANE! You can easily gain back 0.5s in the slipstream in the straights here - it was something I was very unprepared for. After a while P2 takes me then I tuck in their slipstream and bump draft them for a few more laps, thinking we can battle in the last 2 laps. Unfortunately I messed a few corners up so couldn't get the battle going but for some reason they pulled over on the last straight to give me the win. Checking out his stream now to see why! Was a fun race but it did look a bit like chaos behind us. All Barkers except 1 Porsche which finished 2nd from last.

Good luck everyone!
So the only one race I saw this morning live from Ozzy channel was your race!

Well you were driving very well and Ozzy was gaining position coming from behind using the slipstream.
When reached you he was commenting live that he started "bumping your back" in order to push you forward and creating a bigger gap behind.
I was impressed that this push didn't damaged at all the front of his car and I was thinking that could be dangerous for the front driver (in this case it was you).

At the end he decided to slow down and give you the victory because you deserved that.
I didn't get completely why (most probably i haven't understood the English), but I thought that it was even too gentle with you.

However your driving was very good!
 
Last edited:
GT1 9 pm EDT. Much better race than my alt GT2 account. Q4, with the tow and the leaders battling I was P1 by lap 4. Passed on the front straight lap 5 by a car in my tow. Lost another place lap 6. P2 and P1 started battling again and on lap 7, I passed them on the front straight from their tow. I finally broke the tow and drove P1 to the last lap until p2 started catching me. Not sure if I was just trying to be careful or they were pushing, but they closed to within .5 by the end of the back straight. Closing on me throughout S3, by the last corner it became a sprint to the finish. Kept P1 by a tenth.

IMG_4242.webp
 
Last edited:
Great to hear the stories from all you guys who participated.

Slot 1 GT1 League 278 point lobby

Not much to report here. Took the Alfa. Qualified in P12 with a 2:02.606
I was very happy to finish in P10 and 178 points I almost finished in P9 but the Barker I was battling with in the final lap overtook me on the home straight.

A very fun race but I handicapped myself massively by taking the Alfa. It was amazing on the brakes and in the turns. But the sheer speed of the Barker meant I wasn't able to compete at all.

I was the fastest of the 2 Alfas in the race, so I was happy with that at least.

See you in the last round!
 
Race wasn't much to write home about with no fuel or tyres to worry about and only 10 laps - need weekly races with lineups similar to this rather than Gr3 Gr4, qualified 11th, made my way up to 5th, got overexcited, finished 11th, but blimey it was beautiful in VR
 
Last edited:
That went better than expected...

GT2 - 12PM EDT - North America - Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer '29 - 153 points available - Door #6 - Q5 (2:03.288)
gtws-nc-rd3-racing.webp

The race was mostly Barkers, of course, but there were 5 drivers in other cars -- 2 Alfas, 2 Ferraris, and a Porsche 356 -- which surprised me a bit.

A decent qualifying session had me starting in Q5, much better than I would expect my 2:03.288 time deserved. I was behind a Ferrrari. My Barker was so much faster off the starting line, though, I was able to jump right by them into T1, for P4.

A lap later, I dropped a position to P5 when a Barker took advantage of the slipstream on the start/finish straight. From then on, though, luck was on my side. One lap, a car ahead went wide into the grass on the final corner. Up to P4. Another lap, the car ahead went into the wall at the kink. Up to P3.

For a while the P2 car was bump drafting the leader and the two of them were pulling away. At some point, the two of them exchanged positions and the new P2 decided they'd rather fight to get the lead back. That let me catch up.

On lap 9, the P2 car was very slow coming out of T9 and I just drove right past. Up to P2. Checking the replay afterwards, it seems that they were stuck in second gear. I'm guessing they had some kind of hardware failure.

I wasn't far behind the leader for the final lap of the race, but not close enough to challenge. Crossed the line in P2 for 149 points and a 4.9% bump to my DR A progress, taking it to 13.4%. Happy days!

Now onto the final round. I've already done a fair bit of testing for it over the past couple weeks. This one looks really interesting because it is one of those rare times where fuel usage comes into play. Without fuel saving I'm getting to 18 or 19 laps on a tank. With some light fuel saving -- short shifting at 90% of the rev bar -- I can extend it to 22 laps. RS tires last 12 laps for me. I feel like this round is going to be all about balancing speed and fuel usage to pass other drivers in the pits. I still have some more testing to do. I'll post the details when I have them.
 
Q5, P5. Had the pace for 3rd but there was a guy who whenever I was 4th would keep divebombing twice a lap, as I was faster but couldn't get more than 0.9 seconds away. They would divebomb, push me wide or make me lose traction or PIT me and take the place despite trying to avoid them. Then I would overtake as faster but just have the same thing happen. If they had put as much effort into driving as they did into terrorising then they would be A+ rated.

Anyway they did it again on the tight corner before the straight and took 4th. By this time 3rd was 5 seconds away with all the ridiculous ramming. The winner was clearly OP and won by about 35 seconds to 2nd.
 
An old jalopy like the Barker asks its driver to treat it with the delicate grace it brings to the field. Hurried through a rushed transition, the skinny tires will refuse your command by pushing the front wide or worse, swivel its shiny boattail from the awesome torque of its locomotive engine.

I treated my P5 start with care, perhaps too much care as I braked a bit too early giving my opponents some chances to gain. But the memory of practice allowed me to regain my pace and to capitalize on others mistakes, peaking right when I needed to in the last half of the race.

P4 crunched his bumper on lap 3 slowing him down on the front stretch. A later lap, P3 careened into the pit wall, disrupted by an encounter with the outside curbing on the final turn. Pressure from my opponent behind unceremoniously ended when he hobbled his motor on a wall.

P1 faced an ignominious end after having stolen his position from P2, having pushed him wide in the first hairpin on lap 5. Two laps later, P2 dispensed his justice with a gentle push of his own from behind on the last hairpin, giving the former leader a close and personal encounter with the stone wall on the outside. I reaped the reward to narrowly pass him inside, luckily too as he threw a tantrum ramming P3 and P4 before ragequitting.

Not the quickest nor the slowest, I finished P2 in GT2 for 82 points by keeping my head clear and my nose clean.

IMG_5600.webp
 
This is how it was for me so far after 2 rounds, I won some ok points in Round 3 at Sardegna, so lets see how it goes for 4. Thsi race as absymal, I choose clearly the wrong car but the Barker i cud not gel with. It so floaty and wierd feeling. Plus alos i got punted on a certain lap and had to play catchup the whole race prett much.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010193954.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261010191715.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261010193940.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261010181916.webp
 
I'm have some fun with the Berlinetta in practice. Low 2:03 PB. Hoping for a mid pack start, then being able to stay in the Barker's draft and outracing them through the turns.

No idea what my bottom split GT1 lobbies will bring.
My guess wasn't too far off. A 03.4 pit my 4th on the grid. At the start a Barker ate me for lunch but I got back up to forth through the first lap. I was staying with the front runners and behind a gap was opening up. Nice.

Well or rather not. After not even 3 years my PS5 suddenly went dead without warning. No lights, no beep, no nothing now when trying to turn it back on. I hope my guess of it being the power unit is right. Ordered a replacement. Need to disassemble the whole console but it's way easier than repairing a phone. Just screws and clips, no glue or anything else that's difficult. Therefore I'm quite confident that I will be able to replace it. Wish me luck.
 
Back