Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,231 comments
Do you go again? I guess the answer to that is what are you playing towards?
So after this weekends results (2 no score races in nations and a 1 score P5 in manufacture) I’ve started to question, why do I stop after getting a good result?

For me the GTWS is just the same as a daily race apart from they differ in that you have a qualifying session and you get points at the end. Daily races we will grind all week picking up podiums, top 5s and top 10s etc… and if we get a win we dont stop and we go again. Yet in the GTWS we only have 5 slots to do these races yet once we get a result we like we stop. But why do we stop? As a B rank driver what do I actually achieve from these races apart from DR/SR and a prize fund? Apart from those top what 30 drivers who get selected for the GTWS live finals, they is no rewards for all the other drivers. As for those drivers who are A+ and have a chance at reaching these finals I can totally see why you would take the points and stop, but for lower rank players are you stopping for the leaderboard bragging rights?

FYI Im not judging anyone by the way In how you play the game, as everyone plays games for different reasons etc..I’m just curious as to why GTWS matter so much to people.
For me with that race it was whether I could be bothered with it :lol:

It's an interesting thought, it will be different for everyone, I would say that there's nowhere else in the game you can really see your rankings or compete over a championship style season with other players. The DR rankings are fairly vague and based more on your consistent results overall than any strategy (taking double accounts and rank dumping etc. aside) so it's nice to have that experience as a B driver. to try and score as highly as possible, to make that decision to stick or to twist. It adds something else to the game.

On sport there weren't even leagues assigned to Gt 1, Gt2 etc. so there was even less reason to think about your points tally and I appreciate they've added this in, personally I'd like to have seen it taken further with players put into a table of maybe 30-40 other drivers of their rank and the winner at the end getting some credits or whatever. So you could see who you were directly competing against like a personal racing series.

Maybe one for the future, or knowing PD, y'know never.

DK
I just threw away a possible 4th because I didn't realise there were mandatory stops.

How's everyone else doing?
Just to follow this up, I managed 8th in my next attempt after starting 12th, 5 places worse than my first run, which got me about 90 points. I pitted for Mediums at the end of lap 8, I could've run to the end on the Softs if it weren't for the mandatory stops rule.

Do you go again? I guess the answer to that is what are you playing towards?
So after this weekends results (2 no score races in nations and a 1 score P5 in manufacture) I’ve started to question, why do I stop after getting a good result?

For me the GTWS is just the same as a daily race apart from they differ in that you have a qualifying session and you get points at the end. Daily races we will grind all week picking up podiums, top 5s and top 10s etc… and if we get a win we dont stop and we go again. Yet in the GTWS we only have 5 slots to do these races yet once we get a result we like we stop. But why do we stop? As a B rank driver what do I actually achieve from these races apart from DR/SR and a prize fund? Apart from those top what 30 drivers who get selected for the GTWS live finals, they is no rewards for all the other drivers. As for those drivers who are A+ and have a chance at reaching these finals I can totally see why you would take the points and stop, but for lower rank players are you stopping for the leaderboard bragging rights?

FYI Im not judging anyone by the way In how you play the game, as everyone plays games for different reasons etc..I’m just curious as to why GTWS matter so much to people.
For me personally it's the sense of progression, seeing how I've developed by gradually going up in the rankings. I know I could do that with DR, but the "make it count when it matters, don't just spam your way up" aspect of a serious competitive environment appeals to me. (Even though I'm frequently sweating buckets and jokingly saying "I don't wanna, I don't wanna" before each race. :P)

I'm practically a FIA/GTWS purist; for several years now in GTS and now GT7 I have all but ignored daily races unless something had gone horribly wrong and I need to recover SR. I think I did about 10 daily races on the week GT7 launched just to actually have some online races but haven't touched them since.

When I'm playing, it's either to grind credits or to practice for the next GTWS races. It's therefore taken me a long, long time to work my way up from being in C when I started FIA races in GTS to being A+ now in GT7.

Trying to get an S rank in GTS (when it was available for being top 200 overall or top 10 for country/manufacturer instead of being exclusive to World Tour finalists) was also a major drive once I realised my DR was high enough to feasibly do it if I pushed really hard. So on the season where I chose an unpopular manufacturer to maximise my chances and went for it, I was definitely stopping after a good result. It paid off as I managed #7 for Mitsubishi and the habit definitely stuck after that. I know my skill level pales in comparison to the people who qualify for the finals but I still want to see just how close I could get.

Last edited:
I guess I treat these races like a proper competition but also as a personal test. I gave myself a pre-season target of top 8 finishes, and only doing one slot per round. If I mess up it’s a learning experience. I guess the only reason I would go multiple times is for a disconnect or something similar outside of the actual racing.

Do take it much more seriously than the daily races despite being a low B - I practise all week and make a strategy plan. Mostly because I find these races a lot more enjoyable and competitive, also seems like people’s driving is cleaner when actual points are on the line.

@Mercia @Zorz @Fezzik
Thanks for the feedback. Interesting to see how each players thinks towards GTWS. You all made valid points and I can see why you do what you do in GTWS, and I guess thinking about it I do the same as you all.

I like the points based system as I want to be the best driver in my region, county, continent. I was to better myself and reach better DR (my aim at the minute is A, as I think that is achiveable (A+ I think is out of reach)). And I do take it seriously as it feels like I am in a championship, as I want to win the race and I will spend a good few hours doing practice.
I guess it’s good to maybe have that separation from the dailies races and some serious racing.

I think what would be good if PD can find a solution would be have some mini World Series for the lower leagues. Have GT2 & GT3 at home online finals for the top 3/4 in each region. That was it gives people in the GT2 & GT3 leagues something to aim for. I think the knowing of I get nothing at the end of all this apart from self achievement is maybe why I question why we race this.

On the flip side I'm dying to jump ship and battle away with Citreon for the next Manu. Someone mentioned it a while back now and it really caught my imagination, never see the cars anywhere in daillies or the GTWS, not expecting much but a fun challenge.

And well they can't get any lower than bottom of the standings no matter how I do :lol:

For me personally it's the sense of progression, seeing how I've developed by gradually going up in the rankings. I know I could do that with DR, but the "make it count when it matters, don't just spam your way up" aspect of a serious competitive environment appeals to me. (Even though I'm frequently sweating buckets and jokingly saying "I don't wanna, I don't wanna" before each race. :P)

I'm practically a FIA/GTWS purist; for several years now in GTS and now GT7 I have all but ignored daily races unless something had gone horribly wrong and I need to recover SR. I think I did about 10 daily races on the week GT7 launched just to actually have some online races but haven't touched them since.

When I'm playing, it's either to grind credits or to practice for the next GTWS races. It's therefore taken me a long, long time to work my way up from being in C when I started FIA races in GTS to being A+ now in GT7.

Trying to get an S rank in GTS (when it was available for being top 200 overall or top 10 for country/manufacturer instead of being exclusive to World Tour finalists) was also a major drive once I realised my DR was high enough to feasibly do it if I pushed really hard. So on the season where I chose an unpopular manufacturer to maximise my chances and went for it, I was definitely stopping after a good result. It paid off as I managed #7 for Mitsubishi and the habit definitely stuck after that. I know my skill level pales in comparison to the people who qualify for the finals but I still want to see just how close I could get.
This, I literally don't do daily races anymore (not that I did many, maybe about 10 races back in April?).
I'm not saying I won't do a daily race, but for quite a few weeks now I've only focussed on the GTWS and last 3 rounds of TGR cups.

I'm a pixel away from DR A, and for the last 2/3's my B rating bar, I've only gained through GTWS. I watch how the A+ streamers do things each week, and I try to get within a second of their time using an aging G29. The only limitation is the points given being related to how much your DR bar is filled below a given rank. When you look at the leaderboards and see how someone is higher in a given table, its usually because they are a higher rank or have their bar filled higher than you. Then again it's all for fun at my level anyway!

I'm kind of dreading this one. I'm way off the pace in the Subie for some reason. Since the latest update this car feels all over the place under braking to me now. Oh well....still gonna send it lol.

Q'd 11th with laptime faster than any of my practice ones so I guess I can't be too upset. Did the 1st 9 laps on softs and last on Med. Spent most of the race around 5-6th. Came out of the pits on the last lap in 10th and thats how I finished. So all that strategizing netted me 1 position haha.

Last edited:
This weeks Manu Cup race is at a track that I like, but I'm not a fan of the 2 chicanes. They have always given me problems. I'm in the GT2 first slot (east coast) with @mobilmasher and a lot of familiar names I've raced with in the past so I know it will be a clean affair.

My struggles with the chicanes starts in qualifying as I can't get them right. I'm in P14 before I have one last lap at a good time. Which I pull off some how with a 1:41.509 that was close to my practice times that puts me in P7.

The race starts with me on the medium tire and a bunch of us pit end of lap 1. Then I just turn laps. Nothing really happens aside from myself, Mobil, and an NSX driver swapping spots due to mistakes and some off tracks amongst us. After the leaders pit I'm in P8 and have a decent lead over P9, so I take my time in the final corners. Thanks to 2 drivers not pitting, I end up in P6 with 104 points, and that's good enough for me. That makes my 3rd race with triple digit points and second consecutive P6 finish.

Not the best race from me as I felt my pace was way off. Add to that my many adventures with the kurbs and chicanes sending me all over the place made for an interesting experience today. The racing was still fun and clean and I can't ask for anything more than that.

2022 GTWS Manufacturers Cup Season 2 - Round 5
Slot 2 - 21:00

Well, this wasn't one of my better races. Qualified dead last in P16 and of course started on Mediums. Only gained positions because of some penultimate and final lap carnage between other drivers, which brought me up to 11th. This combination just wasn't enjoyable to me in general and I couldn't gain any pace even after looking at a lap guide, so I decided it was best not to keep going. Banked 133 points.

121F818D-D028-4179-A8C5-72F8FAEEDBE4.png

78FC395A-EFC5-4373-BA2A-C834BE9BCA96.png

Yamagiwa is one of my favorite road courses in Gran Turismo, but I always seem to have mixed results in championship races here. I figured the same cars as usual would be dominant here, but was hoping my affinity for the track would compensate for the Corvette's shortcomings (mainly the understeer, which is terrible even when compared to the other heavy FR cars). The countless practice lobbies I did seemed to indicate that I did indeed have pace, so I was cautiously optimistic...

Slot 1:
After spending most of qualifying languishing in the low 40s, and looking at starting outside the Top 10, I managed to pull a 39.899 on my penultimate attempt to move up to 5th on the grid, ahead of several people who should've definitely qualified ahead of me, and with the entire field separated by less than 0.9s! I still elected to start on Mediums, and it turned out to be a good idea, because the 2 cars that started directly in front of me also started on Mediums. We all pitted at the end of Lap 1 and I emerged in 9th. The 7th place Lambo made a mistake and ran wide at the exit of the 2nd chicane, promoting me to 8th. The new 7th place then made a mistake at the first chicane a while later, promoting me into 7th. One of the cars that qualified behind me, a very fast Evo, then passed me at the hairpin after the first chicane, and I didn't fight since he was very clearly quicker than me. I tried to latch on to his slipstream, but he easily pulled away. Up next, the Lambo that made the mistake earlier caught up to me, and made a move up the inside of 135R. I was prepared to just give the spot to him, but he didn't clear me on the inside like I thought he would, so I decided to try to hold it around the outside. I kept ahead of him, and after that he didn't make any more attempts for a couple laps, until Lap 8 when he sent it up the inside at the hairpin that I was also passed earlier at. Again, I didn't fight too hard, and this time I was able to keep the slipstream. Unfortunately another fast driver in a McLaren managed to latch on to my slipstream as well, thanks to me screwing up the final corner. I held him off on Lap 9, and after passing the cars that had to pit, I was up to P4. On Lap 10, the McLaren easily drove around the outside of the same hairpin I'd already been passed twice at, demoting me back to where I started in 5th, only 4.5s off of first place, which is where I finished for 274 points (my current best result for Manufacturer's this season). In hindsight, maybe I should've fought harder for those spots - especially against the Lambo, since he didn't pull away from me after passing me, and I was actually slightly tempted to go again, but I since I likely won't score any better this season, I decided to not risk it.

Last edited:
2022 GTWS Manufacturers Cup Season 2 - Round 5

Slot 1 -
All week I chased @GTWolverine in practice as well as a few of my other peers (hey @F1Bernardo). I think the Jag is capable of being fast here, I just couldn't figure it out. It really doesn't like that downhill chicane with its floaty front end.

After qualifying I found myself dead last, a hair less than 9 tenths off P1. I could see my fellow GTP regular @GTWolverine way up there at the pointy end of the stick.

My race pace wasnt terrible though so I was able to make two passes on Supras and Claw my way up to a p12. 178 points and didnt finish last! Hoping I have better pace in the GR3 car.

On the flip side I'm dying to jump ship and battle away with Citreon for the next Manu. Someone mentioned it a while back now and it really caught my imagination, never see the cars anywhere in daillies or the GTWS, not expecting much but a fun challenge.

And well they can't get any lower than bottom of the standings no matter how I do :lol:
I was thinking about Suzuki, now they have a Gr.3 car. I got beaten by a Swift yesterday so they are not completely hopeless (maybe with me at the wheel :lol: ).

Well the next Manu race at St Croix will be interesting. I’ve spent the whole time thinking layout C was the short track which I love and it’s not, it’s the long track! I’ve never raced on it. It’s like learning a completely new track for me :lol:

Have had a few practice laps to try and get used to it. I find the wide track lures you in to taking some of the corners way faster than you should resulting in heavy braking to avoid the barriers/gravel traps. Will take some getting used to!!

Reminder that this is where the schedule flips - Manufacturers is now Fridays, Nations moves to Saturday.

St Croix C is a bit meh, the first sector is a bit dull but the end is quite good. Some slipstreaming and bump drafting down the long straight. The DBR9 should be strong there, though not up with the Supra, so hoping for a good result.

Saturday should be great. Alsace Test has really grown on me during practise, the Mazda is lovely to drive and there's plenty of opportunity for carnage. The big downhill into left-hander is a recipe for disaster, so easy to meet Barry R.

Last edited:
So I think I had a bug with the website that's been resolved last time I checked it. I previously couldn't really see my results for the first season of the GTWS Nations Cup, but now I can see it again, which is nice. Still, I'd prefer to be able to view our standings from our respective profiles, as well as those other stats we only saw in Sport, like laps led, average position change, top five finishes, and so on for each respective championship season.

Anyway, I might do the next major Nations Cup championship, whether it's a potential third season, or our first off-season Exhibition Series. But for now, I think I'm gonna skip this second season, as I've mentioned previously.

EDIT: I bet that when the next championships are announced, whether it really is a season 3 or an Exhibition Series, there'll be at least two rounds between the Nations and Manufacturers Cup that will be TBA. Why? Because it seems that we get a new track layout (or even a new venue) bi-monthly. Meaning it's highly likely we'll see a new layout/venue in October, and December as well. To further elaborate, I think we'll get an all-new venue in October, I think the pattern's been a layout (Spa 24h in April), a venue (Watkins Glen in June), then another layout (Catalunya Rallycross/National/No Chicane in August). And that's before we consider the likelihood of new cars being featured in future rounds, too. Personally, I'm hoping that Gr.1-spec Genesis VGT is coming sooner than later.

Last edited:
I was hoping to be in my usual split with @GTWolverine and @Geauxgreddy but for better or worse I was door #1 one split below.
Somehow managed to qualify 3rd (unexpected, as I thought I had reasonable race pace, but not Qualy) and chose to start on softs. After 7 laps, P1 and P2 killed each other and I inherited the lead. After the pits another Brazilian was right behind me with an Aston and I could not hold him back. Finished P2 with lovely 292 points, so I'm super happy with that, albeit with a bittersweet taste as well because I was super close to my first 300+ score.

On vacation for two weeks,so I probably won't return until Rd10

1832a13aceb53-screenshotUrl.png

Had a pretty good run in Manufacturers over the weekend!

Equalled my practice time and put the wrx on pole in a half A, half A+ lobby with a 1.39.1. Pulled a 2 second lead on the BMW in second after 3 laps, but then he started closing back up as my tyres went off. Maybe I pushed a little too hard early. He got a run on me down into the chicane on lap 6, and I let him go. He had me by 0.5 or so a lap, so I pitted on lap 8 and put in a couple of tidy laps on mediums. When he came out of the pits on the last lap, he was only 0.5 ahead, and I closed right up on the chicane entry, but he had a better exit, which eliminated my chance of getting him into the hairpin. Just wasn't quite close enough, finished on his rear bumper.

230 points, and up to 4th in my region and 6th for Subaru despite coming dead last in one of the 3 races that count for me. Will hopefully get some time to prepare for the next few rounds and move up a little!

Well the next Manu race at St Croix will be interesting. I’ve spent the whole time thinking layout C was the short track which I love and it’s not, it’s the long track! I’ve never raced on it. It’s like learning a completely new track for me :lol:

Have had a few practice laps to try and get used to it. I find the wide track lures you in to taking some of the corners way faster than you should resulting in heavy braking to avoid the barriers/gravel traps. Will take some getting used to!!
How am I supposed to drive a race where I'm not even able to do a single lap without touching something causing either minor tire, bumper or major engine damage? That or I continuously oversteer in any given corner causing me to take Barry R full on. I'm not joking when I'm saying I'm currently crossing the finish line once in every TWENTYFIVE laps. It’s ridiculous. My time (a good six seconds off yours) is my FASTEST time I managed to set in 90 minutes practice... I feel so incompetent right now.

I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong.

I've put my breaking points so far back from N. Romero's points it's getting silly. The only way I'm cornering is if my put my hazards on to let people know I will be accelerating REAL SLOW maybe even in 3rd gear as a precautionary...

I feel inept and am about to give up.

Yamagiwa was no pleasure either. The night before the race I somehow managed to find half a second somehow and thought I'd do that again easily on race day. I was so excited!

That didn't last long.

Just as at Laguna my qualifying was horrible Q10 where my times, as I did them in the lobbies should have been good for a Q6. My start and opening laps were just as bad. I was passed by 2 cars and was stuck in a group of 4 somewhere between P9-P12. All driving hard but clean.

Here also I was confronted again by my lack of race craft. I simply can't race anymore. No ideas, no guts to send it. I can get close, but unless the driver in front of me makes mistakes I'm clueless. I did finish P8 somehow and that's only because I was able to do my laps without hitting something and driving some 2 seconds of my lobby times.

Now back to Saint Croix. If I have to be twice as careful as at Yamagiwa and continue to feel woefully unequipped to drive my Genesis X70 Gr 3 car, I might as well skip it.

I did so with ALL McLaren Gr3 races in GTS's final season apart from the tuned race at Willow (that was AWESOME). But with that car I could except it. I knew it was a monster that just kills you, like so many MR cars (Audi anyone?) I felt it was the car and not me and it could not be helped. This time though, it's me. And that makes me frustrated. I do hope I'll get my mojo back somehow. Maybe I need to drop back to DR C or something.

Man... what is happening?

Last edited:
How am I supposed to drive a race where I'm not even able to do a single lap without touching something causing either minor tire, bumper or major engine damage? That or I continuously oversteer in any given corner causing me to take Barry R full on. I'm not joking when I'm saying I'm currently crossing the finish line once in every TWENTYFIVE laps. It’s ridiculous. My time (a good six seconds off yours) is my FASTEST time I managed to set in 90 minutes practice... I feel so incompetent right now.

I've put my breaking points so far back from N. Romero's points it's getting silly. The only way I'm cornering is if my put my hazards on to let people know I will be accelerating REAL SLOW maybe even in 3rd gear as a precautionary...

Yamagiwa was no pleasure either. The night before the race I somehow managed to find half a second somehow and thought I'd do that again easily on race day. I was so excited!

That didn't last long.

Just as at Laguna my qualifying was horrible Q10 where my times, as I did them in the lobbies should have been good for a Q6. My start and opening laps were just as bad. I was passed by 2 cars and was stuck in a group of 4 somewhere between P9-P12. All driving hard but clean.

Here also I was confronted again by my lack of race craft. I simply can't race anymore. No ideas, no guts to send it. I can get close, but unless the driver in front of me makes mistakes I'm clueless. I did finish P8 somehow and that's only because I was able to do my laps without hitting something and driving some 2 seconds of my lobby times.

Now back to Saint Croix. If I have to be twice as careful as at Yamagiwa and continue to feel woefully unequipped to drive my Genesis X70 Gr 3 car, I might as well skip it.

I did so with ALL McLaren Gr3 races in GTS's final season apart from the tuned race at Willow (that was AWESOME). But with that car I could except it. I knew it was a monster that just kills you, like so many MR cars (Audi anyone?) I felt it was the car and not me and it could not be helped. This time though, it's me. And that makes me frustrated. I do hope I'll get my mojo back somehow. Maybe I need to drop back to DR C or something.

Are you using soft tyres for the time trial? The race itself will be medium/hard. Also the races themselves have cold tyres to start and full fuel load so what you learn in the TT should be a rough guide and take it easier in the race.

It's always worth trying some assists to see if that can make you more consistent, especially in a test race environment via custom races.

Are you using soft tyres for the time trial? The race itself will be medium/hard. Also the races themselves have cold tyres to start and full fuel load so what you learn in the TT should be a rough guide and take it easier in the race.

It's always worth trying some assists to see if that can make you more consistent, especially in a test race environment via custom races.
Yes, unfortunately I am using softs. And I haven't even touched lobbies... Gonna be true hell with hards, I guess.

If need be I'll put my training wheels on. But reluctantly. (So far I'm only using ABS)

Yes, unfortunately I am using softs. And I haven't even touched lobbies... Gonna be true hell with hards, I guess.

If need be I'll put my training wheels on. But reluctantly. (So far I'm only using ABS)
I’d recommend doing a custom race against just AI Gr.3 opponents. It will give you a good look at racing lines and braking points, without any pressure. I find doing that better than solo time trials for practice.

I’d recommend doing a custom race against just AI Gr.3 opponents. It will give you a good look at racing lines and braking points, without any pressure. I find doing that better than solo time trials for practice.
I started doing that as well recently - before I was only doing TT, and finding myself lost with the different tires / fuel weight, and in the middle of traffic. But the AI is so hopeless that this is still not that great.

Custom lobbies are not perfect either - hard to find one at the right time, and they tend to have a big range of driver level, meaning that I end up by myself and rarely have a chance to battle.

I did one practice yesterday for Manu - not an easy track that's for sure (first time to drive it).
Also had a lot of hits against the barriers, and to make things worse tires wear is strong. I could only do 4 laps on medium, the last one being a bit sketchy already.

That didn't last long.

You’re having a similar experience to my first few tries in the DBR9. It feels like the track is covered in black ice and every time you open the throttle the rear slides viciously.

My advice?

1. Be patient
2. Don’t over brake. It limits rotation and you end up accelerating while still turning.
3. Exit a lot of the corners in a higher gear than you would normally choose to limit the wheel spin, and
4. Concentrate on late apexes and opening the steering as you get the power down.
5. Be patient.

I’m disappointed I’ll be missing this round as the car/track combo is a fantastic challenge and will reward smooth, consistent driving.

My issue with St Croix C is I have very limited laps round this track. I think the only laps I’ve done are in the single career mode.
Im going to have to do loads of practice laps and online lobbies to try and learn the track. Also if I remember correctly, doesn’t the track have a lot of these fast open corners that then tighten at the end?

I'm actually liking Sainty Croyks. I'm turning decent enough practice laps. I'm withing 1/2 sec of each other now with the WRX or BRZ (I'm on a Subie contract), which is strange considering with BoP the WRX has 100hp more and only 200lb more weight. And you would think this track would reward high speed with its long straights.

I just ran a 7 lap race simulation with the WRX so I have a baseline to work off of, just need to try it in the BRZ to see which is better. I'm 5 seconds a lap slower on mediums with tire wear than softs in free practice, but I guess that's to be expected, especially on a track this large. Interestingly though, there wasn't much of a variantion in lap times between Med and Hards during this race sim. Maybe because I did the Hards second with less fuel in the tank.

Either way, I'm actually looking forward to this race so far.

Last edited:
I'm actually liking Sainty Croyks. I'm turning decent enough practice laps. I'm withing 1/2 sec of each other now with the WRX or BRZ (I'm on a Subie contract), which is strange considering with BoP the WRX has 100hp more and only 200lb more weight. And you would think this track would reward high speed with its long straights.

I just ran a 7 lap race simulation with the WRX so I have a baseline to work off of, just need to try it in the BRZ to see which is better. I'm 5 seconds a lap slower on mediums with tire wear than softs in free practice, but I guess that's to be expected, especially on a track this large. Interestingly though, there wasn't much of a variantion in lap times between Med and Hards during this race sim. Maybe because I did the Hards second with less fuel in the tank.

Interested to see how your testing goes - I’m also with Subaru and have been away for work, so I’ll only have time for an hour or so practice before the races start. In theory the BRZ should be better on tyres… though if you choose it, you’ll lose a place or two immediately because it’s so slow off the line…

Interested to see how your testing goes - I’m also with Subaru and have been away for work, so I’ll only have time for an hour or so practice before the races start. In theory the BRZ should be better on tyres… though if you choose it, you’ll lose a place or two immediately because it’s so slow off the line…

So after one fairly clean test in the BRZ I was about 7-8 sec faster than the WRX. But from what I recall I made a few mistakes in the WRX so I need to try it again. If I close the gap I'll definitely go with the WRX as I don't want to deal with that HP deficit seeing as how fuel consumption isn't an issue and realistically since I'm usually hard on tires anyway the BRZ isn't providing THAT much benefit there. I'll update after I do a 2nd run in the WRX and do it cleanly.

EDIT: Ran the WRX again cleanly and I got it done 3 seconds faster than the BRZ, so I must've been a bit sloppy on that first run. I'm relieved to run the higher HP car on Friday, haha.

Last edited:

It's a solid track to be honest, we had it or a variation of in the dallies a few weeks back, and if you can get around other clean racers you can get an enjoyable experience out of it. I remember a great battle through the esses once you're over the bridge which broke out into 3 wide on the back straight and who would hold their nerve into the turn ahead, good stuff!

A bit like the main Sardegna road course for me, a lot of fun to be had with it.

Back