Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,230 comments
Ah. What could have been….

Slot 1, I was the only A driver in an A+ field (I’m always on the border of the two levels…manly thanks to the occasional rage quit…). Put the wrx 2nd on the grid with a 1.45.0. Solid start and stayed calm 1-2 sec behind the leader, and about 5 sec ahead of 3rd until pitting at the end of lap 9 for hards. Come out of the pits in clean air, and starting to get excited at the prospect of massive points. Then I put it in the fence at the COD exit, engine cooked. Then i bin it again there 2 laps later and finish outside the top 10.

Slot 2. Similar qualifying, 1.45.2 for P3. 2nd place bins at COD lap 1 and doesn’t ghost. Engine damage, and rage quit to watch the last 20 mins of the NRL semi final.

Slot 3. 1.45.3 for 4th on the grid. Moved up to 3rd after lap 1, then second place got out of shape on the fast right kink and collected me after bouncing off the fence. More engine damage. Managed to fight back to 7th from last place, running sketchy qualifying laps all race out of frustration and somehow not binning it.

Was too tired for the last slot. I had so much potential to do well this week (I really enjoy gr4) but it wasn’t meant to be. Looking forward to the last round and a chance to change manufacturers!

Well, this evening took 2 attempts to get the result I wanted!

The first race, got pole, crashed several times, drove poorly, got angry, finished 5th...

[Also excuse the screenshot images, I forgot to take high res ones at the time so having to grab them from the video on YT.]

The second race had a good start again with another pole, and once again beating my pb from the time trial:
1663972567711.png

A trouble free race for myself, however misfortune caught up with whoever was following me about 4 seconds behind as 2nd place left after CoD which we could all guess was a crash followed by immediate quit.

Fastest lap of the race was a 1:46.661 by myself, all the medium tyre laps were in the 1:46 range which was perfect for my skill level atm. Hards were high 46 range or low 47 range.

Finished with what felt like more of a gift of a race compared to the nightmare first race. Every box got ticked, including my target total time of under 25m 30s as well as the hat-trick:

1663973201730.png

1663973153228.png

Another result with 185 points, once again the highest I've gotten in the Manufacturers cup:
1663973708101.png

The sport page updated whilst writing, I feel I've done a lot considering all these points come from a race win, starting from a low B level to a low A level. The original intention was to get the car on the grid, having missed round 1, and just see how I can improve in these events under the suggestion of my friend.

I know that the wins will stop coming as easy very soon, but it has still been a great experience that I'll continue for a while to come! I'll be hoping to repeat the result for the last round, especially as it'll count to my total and by a long way.

I hope for others to do their best in the next region tonight! I'll enjoy reading their reports tomorrow as always.
Likewise if anyone else is having a blast in GTWS then I enjoy seeing that as well, especially when people keep trying to improve themselves!

The standard comedy show without comedy:

P.S. 136k for a race win?

Last edited:
NA slot 1 black screen at the start of qualifying. Seriously, the error handling in this game is atrocious. I understand there will be connection issues, that’s to be expected. But why, oh why does the game just crash to a black screen or a frozen screen instead of just booting you from the lobby? Is there another title out there that requires restarting so often?

Ran my B/S euro acct this afternoon when I got home from work, did decent in my 458 against a sea of power cars so I decided to give it a go on my N/A main in the top(ish) split lobbies. Found some pace in the interim and I was hotlapping in the low 1:46's-high 45's. But alas, it was not meant to be. Disco'd the first slot. Oh well, time to cook dinner.

Here’s a shot of my Euro race finish. Q'd 4th but decided to run a 5H-9M strategy for the late race charge. It worked as the leaders were sitting ducks the last 3 laps.

Attachments

• 54E9CD04-2860-487E-BF55-6069B2D1B82A.jpeg
    54E9CD04-2860-487E-BF55-6069B2D1B82A.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 9
This weeks Manu Cup is at one of my favorite tracks in the game and I think I'm pretty good here. Can lighting strike twice and have me win again? Obviously my biggest concern was the CoD and I knew I was good with fuel as I did a bunch of practice races where I never ran out via short shifting.

I enter the 1st slot in GT2 (East Coast) and see a familiar face in @mobilmasher. Qualifying starts and my first flying lap is the fastest of the session and I'm on pole to start again. P2 was really, really close by less than a tenth of a second. I start on the hard tires and plan to pit on tail end of lap 5. The race starts and I go off track exiting the uphill esses and go off track and fall to P2. P3 and myself have a nice race as P1 was on the medium tires and took off. I pit end of lap 5 as planned and exit in P12 and it's only a matter of time to see where I end up. Pit stops finish up and I take over the lead on lap 11 by a few seconds. I almost blow the lead when I looked at the intervals behind me and I just barely keep it on track. I keep it clean though the CoD and take home another victory!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220923205350.jpg

Buffalo Bills GIF by EliteSportsTours

YEAH BABY! This was a much better split this time and I take home 130 points for my efforts. First of all, I can't believe I won this one, let alone 2 in a row. I'm happier than Bills Mafia at a tailgate right now, and I'm trying to not have this go to my head for next week and expect a victory. Good luck to every one next week and let's all finish strong.

I ran the first slot with @Stilva and a 3rd Mustang from Canada. Q'd 9th and started on RMs. Was able to run 9 laps with short shifting, then pitted for RHs. Had an enjoyable race, everyone around me was racing clean which is the most appreciated type of races. Finished 7th with no tire penalties to gift me a position or 2. Congrats to @Stilva for the trifecta, Great Job.

I ran the first slot with @Stilva and a 3rd Mustang from Canada. Q'd 9th and started on RMs. Was able to run 9 laps with short shifting, then pitted for RHs. Had an enjoyable race, everyone around me was racing clean which is the most appreciated type of races. Finished 7th with no tire penalties to gift me a position or 2. Congrats to @Stilva for the trifecta, Great Job.

Thanks a bunch. Always good to race with fellow GT Planet members.

Last edited:
2022 GTWS Manufacturer Cup Round 7
Dragon Trail Seaside - Group 4
Slot 1

As usual, I hopped into slot 1 and my two GTP friends were in there! @F1Bernardo and @GTWolverine joined me trying to keep up with those pesky fast GR4 AWD rigs. While we did have a few in the lobby, a Corvette actually was able to snag pole. I landed Q9 with @GTWolverine a couple spots back and @F1Bernardo qualifying about Q14. Although, he did just get done with a real 6 hour drive, so his qualy was pretty good for not having much time to warm up!

I can't say anything super exciting happened. I ran a good race and had a fun time trying to hold off a hard charging Aston Martin who fell back behind me in the first couple laps. Ended up finishing in P8 in a clean mistake free race. I had OK race pace here, but just not enough to challenge the pointy end of the stick. @F1Bernardo and @GTWolverine rolled in back to back a few spots back. Hope they had a good race. So, on to next week. I put my 227 points in the bank as I replaced my lowest score of 178.

Last edited:
After practicing for manufacturers and having a catastrophic fail after attempting every time slot...hop into nations with no practice, qualify last, end up finishing 5th purely by not binning it and not getting caught up in fighting - literally every single car I passed was off the track, facing backwards, etc lol. I'll take it :)

I drove the supra and didn't attempt to tyre save until I noticed the state of my tyres on lap 11 and had a slight panic, then began trying to drive a bit more smoothly, I also had an 8 second gap to guy behind so could afford to ease off a bit. By the end, I'm sure my tyres were less than a lap from puncture - if someone was right behind me and I couldn't ease up, probably they would have punctured before the end of the race, just as a warning to any other fellow tyre wear noobs - keep an eye on them

2022 GTWS Manufacturer Cup Round 7
Dragon Trail Seaside - Group 4
Slot 1

As usual, I hopped into slot 1 and my two GTP friends were in there! @F1Bernardo and @GTWolverine joined me trying to keep up with those pesky fast GR4 AWD rigs. While we did have a few in the lobby, a Corvette actually was able to snag pole. I landed Q9 with @GTWolverine a couple spots back and @F1Bernardo qualifying about Q14. Although, he did just get done with a real 6 hour drive, so his qualy was pretty good for not having much time to warm up!

I can't say anything super exciting happened. I ran a good race and had a fun time trying to hold off a hard charging Aston Martin who fell back behind me in the first couple laps. Ended up finishing in P8 in a clean mistake free race. I had OK race pace here, but just not enough to challenge the pointy end of the stick. @F1Bernardo and @GTWolverine rolled in back to back a few spots back. Hope they had a good race. So, on to next week. Since I put my 227 points in the bank as I replaced my lowest score of 178.
Great review, as always. A pleasure to watch.:)

Is the Supra good for a no-stop without having to worry about tire-saving? Cheers
It depends on driving style but I've found both cars can last on mediums without too much worry. Both cars can actually fail if you go full ham on the steering and drive like you stole it. Just drive smooth and consistently and they'll last even with good pace.

I'm going to go in the Nissan because it matches my driving style more believe it or not, but supra is easier all round but I find it understeers out of some corners where the GTR would pull me around nicely for more speed down straights. 🤷‍♂️

Went with my Calsonic GTR GT500 , qualified 9th with 2.02.706 - eh
Race went pretty hot from the start many crashes and went outside the lines etc , kept 7th place went to the pits like in the middle at 7lap for fresh mediums maybe i went too early but after many stupid mistakes i ended in 7th place

All in all fine race , i could have done much better place without those stupid mistakes but hey :D

Last edited:
Where in Cardiff? That’s practically my neck of the woods
We were at St. David's Hall.

Ah Suzuka. A place that I love. My most statistically best track in GTS.
Only had 1 real qualy lap. That got me provisionally P2. However towards the end of the lap I got close to a car that had been off. I backed out of my 2nd lap to get some space to them. However it was apparent that they were just too slow and the gap wasn't that big before my next fast lap. However I made a few mistakes across the next couple of laps. 1 lap to go and they muck up the exit of T2. But rather than step aside they sit in the middle of the entrance to the esses and it is only the entry into Dunlop that I managed to get past and they back off. Lap ruined. Still I only drop to P3 so not all bad.

Race starts well and the 2 ahead are fighting. P2 makes a move through Spoon and P1 is pushed wide and spins on the astro. The other guy runs wide through the exit so I am now into P1. It is now a case of keeping calm and making no mistakes. A Frenchman starts to close and after a few laps they muck up the exit of Degna 2 and crash out. I have a gap that is constantly going from 1.6 seconds to 3 seconds depending on the lap. Eventually P2 and P3 have a clash on the last lap and give me some better breathing room and so I bring it home for my first GT7 win! And it had to be here at Suzuka.

20220924_154752.jpg

One attempt today is enough for me. This felt like a pretty rough combo and Suzuka has always been one of my weaker tracks as well. Plenty of death too.

I took the Supra and qualified P13 with a 1:59.740. When the race started, I was once again wondering what they've done to rolling starts because the deltas when crossing the line for the first time seem a bit inconsistent:

1664032126443.png

I came uncomfortably close to binning it at turn 1 but barely kept it on the track. The German behind me on the other hand...

A Brit in a Supra a couple of positions ahead outbroke him/herself into the hairpin and we ended up side-by-side coming out of it. I got ahead going into Spoon, but a poor exit from me meant we ended up side-by-side again heading to 130R. Trying to go through that 2-wide didn't work and being on the outside, I went very wide.

Lap 3 brought more death at turn 1 as I watched the British Supra made a bit of a lunge on a GT-R and make contact, sending the GT-R out of control. Lap 4 then continued the turn 1 massacre as a French GT-R got their trail braking wrong and went off, with a Spaniard in the Supra following it. On lap 5, a Swiss Supra binned it into the tunnel wall.

At the start of lap 6, the Spaniard had caught me and was right up my bumper going into turn 1. I got tapped during my trailbraking and the unexpected extra speed meant it was my turn to join the ever expanding list of victims, sending me wide and spinning me out. That dropped me from P9 to P13. Karma had plans for the Spaniard though, as he/she put their foot down far too early coming out of Spoon on lap 7 and ploughed straight across the gravel.

Then something I really wasn't expecting started happening. The French GT-R from before went into the pits and a German GT-R did the same thing a lap later. I recovered another of the places I lost earlier through sector 1, taking it back from the German who'd lost control behind me right at the start.

A few laps later on lap 11, another position came for free whilst I was desperately trying to break away from the German as a GT-R binned it at Spoon. The fight with the German continued on all the way to the end of lap 13 where he/she made a mistake at the Casio Triangle.

With a 12 second gap to P7 and a 3 second gap to P9, my last lap should have been a straightforward drive home. Apparently I subconsciously wanted to keep things spicy because I turned in way too early for 130R, cut it and then almost dropped it with just the Casio Triangle to go. With a penalty now looming over my head and the gap behind quickly disappearing, I barely managed to retain P8 which I really don't think I deserved. My race pace was awful compared to practice and I was just really sloppy all-round.

187 points for the attempt which won't count towards my season, but I didn't have particularly high expectations going into this so... :P

We were at St. David's Hall.
Dave Gorman? I was supposed to see him last week but sickness got in the way, hopefully catch the tour later on.

This was great fun, we should do it more often - add in a NSX, run it on all the Japanese tracks, it's a winner. Euro slot 2 (GT2) and I finally managed a no-stopper after the practice failures. 13th to 8th but it could've been a bit better. Was running 5th entering lap 13 but with no rubber left. Got punted twice on that lap by Italian bellends. I wasn't even defending, just trying to find a safe place to wave them through on their much newer tyres but as ever no one was any patience. Of course no penalties were issued.

FdbpqXRXwAAIiox.jpeg

FdbpqIYXgAcTu63.jpeg

Managed to hold the slides both times and keep it facing mostly forward, but shredded what was left of the tyres. No grip on the final lap, overshot the final chicane and lost another place. Just about made it over the line.

Fdbpp6tWYAAhm40.jpeg

I hate tonight's Nations, too much tire saving required. I managed just about to do 14 laps in a practice lobby without tires reaching their limit, but I did not push 100%. In the actual race you had to push more to be fast enough. I was P4 at the start of lap 13, but tires were about to die. I started to lose some pace big time, and was going slow. Still barely in P4 out of the hairpin starting sector 3.

Then a driver ahead made a big mistake and made a sudden block on the curling straight, so I went to the grass trying to avoid him on the outside. Then I was forced wide start of spoon curve, with dirty and worn tires. Not that it mattered that much. Last lap was horrendous. To top it all of, lost my P7 at the exit of last chicane, tires were fully dead last 3 turns or so. In the end P8 and 154 pts and 4th best score. A bit annoying, P7 was possible without being forced wide twice.

Really wish I was better at tire saving. Maybe with smarter and a bit slower driving to save tires more a P6 or P7. But was worth the risk of trying to go for a P4. Hoping to score at least close to 170 pts in last round. Please no tire saving race 🙏😅

Last edited:
Went into this race kinda on the back foot really. Didn’t own the GTR GT500 so was unable to really do any lobby testing but I found in TT the car was just unstable for me.

Slot 1 GT2 league. Mid B rank. Supra GT500 is what I went for.

Quali - got 4 laps in. L1 was just a banker. L2 was 2.01.8.06 which was good enough for P3. L3 I made an error at Degner 2 and went wide and the the pressure was as other were setting faster time and I dropped to P8. L4 I crossed the line with 30 seconds left so this lap had to count. Managed to put in a 2.01.606 which was good enough for P5.

Race - My plan was basically just to keep it clean and steady and pick off any positions where possible. I knew from a test lobby that the dirty air causes horrible understeer in the corners.
Race start all find. Never under any threat from the car behind but end of L1 the dirty air came to my rescue as P6 went wide at 130R and then spun out on the final chicane. Some breathing space now for a few laps. L5 had some pressure from the new P6 but I knew putting my car in the correct position on track I could hold them off plus the dirty air should help to defend. Held off P6 on L5 and the start of L6 i had a run on P4 which made a 3 way fight into T1. I made a small move on P4 but I was more looking into my mirrors at not letting P6 past. End of L6 P6 made an error and this then allowed me gap P6. End of L8 for what ever reason P2 decided to pit and this then moved me up to P4. From then on I was putting pressure on P3 not to overtake as I couldn’t get close plus I didn’t want to make an error been too close in the dirty air, so I just stayed with 1.5 seconds to P3 hoping they would make the error not me. Crossed the line in P4 and happy with my results.

Another 91 points on the board.

Just a few race highlights today. Lap 1, Lap 5-8 and Lap 13 & 14.

Time for an exhaustive recap. In GTS, I actually enjoyed this track, apart from the CoD, but it was possible to get through it by being a little cautious. Now on GT7, with the much more vicious curb physics, it's become a track I avoid; and that was before the new damage model that at utterly wrecks everything at the slightest touch so now even being cautious is risky because if you don't risk a head-on strike with the inside wall, you won't be able cut the curb ENOUGH, which causes you to bounce over the high side of it, and into the outside wall. In GTS, I would take the more cautious approach because a slight graze on the exit wall would just kill a bit of momentum and cost me a few tenths, but otherwise I'd be fine. Now it costs you a couple seconds with suspension and body damage. Unfortunately I only had 3 scores this season, so I needed a 4th one to have a "full season" of points, and the only options were this race and Interlagos, and I'm absolutely useless around Interlagos...

Also remember how I said the start gaps were comically large? Well, that's only true until P11. After that, you start in or before the final corner and the game, and the game actually bunches everyone up and slows P11 way down almost like the start glitch that would occasionally appear in GTS when someone had a poor connection. In fact, it actually drags the brakes until it actually gives you control of the car! Anyway, on to the recap...

Slot 1: In with my usual racing buddies @Geauxgreddy and @F1Bernardo. Based on FP times, and practice races, I knew I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of keeping up with @Geauxgreddy, so my goal was to not finish last...

Qualifying would see @Geauxgreddy, me, and @F1Bernardo starting P9, P11, and P14 respectively. Oh, did I mention there was a Corvette on pole? I guess it's me who sucks now, not the car (ok, it's more like we both suck...). Not much happened from my perspective after that, aside from @F1Bernardo jumping me in the pits on Lap 5 due to being able to save fuel in my slipstream, then slowly pull away from me as I failed to get the CoD right even once (but at least I didn't die...). In the end, I was the only one of us to actually finish worse than I started, coming home P12, with @Geauxgreddy P8 and @F1Bernardo P11.

Slot 2: Back in with @F1Bernardo and we qualified P13 (me) and P14. Thanks to the aforementioned bunching of the field at the very back of the grid, and the fact that we were starting in the middle of the final corner, we were both able to mug the Mercedes that started in P12. I drove around the outside of the Merc and unfortunately had to lift to avoid running of track, while by the time @F1Bernardo caught him, the inside had opened up allowing him to easily shoot through. Since he didn't have to lift, he end up passing BOTH of us out of the final corner. The poor Merc also lost a spot to another McLaren before T1. Someone quitting/disconnecting, and another dying at the CoD on Lap 1 saw me move up to P11. I followed behind Bernardo for a few laps before he caught a bit too much curb at the kink before the first hairpin and ended up in the gravel, moving me up to P10, which is where I stayed for the rest of the race...until I binned it at the end of Lap 13 at the CoD. I caught too much air over the curb trying to avoid the inside wall, which bounced me into the outside wall hard enough to give me engine damage, dropping me to P12 to start the final lap, which became P11 when someone else died even harder at the CoD on the final lap. My original P10 would've been good for 200 points, with the P9 I could've gotten as a result of the other person crashing at the CoD would've put me over that threshold. Instead my P11 was only good for 188 points.

Slot 3: Started and finished P10 after having no pace for the cars further ahead, except for 1 Corvette who'd started behind me on Mediums and got by me while I was on the Hards. When we swapped tires at out pit stops, I was able to run him down but for the final few laps I couldn't use my grip advantage to successfully overtake, so once again it was me that sucked, not the car...

Slot 4: This time there were a total of 3 Corvettes in the race...and I qualified worst of them in P10, with the others in P9 and P6. Behind me was a GT-R that REALLY wanted to get by, and he sent it up the inside at the final turn. Like an idiot, I decided to try to hold on around the outside like an idiot and proceeded to spin myself on the curb like an absolute moron and fall down to last place (14th), a long way behind the next car. I eventually worked my way back up to P10, before the Corvette that started in P6 and somehow had an even worse race than me was able to pass me after the CoD on Lap 11 due to me bouncing off the wall yet again (this time with no engine damage). I tried getting by at the seaside hairpin on Lap 13, but he managed to do a brilliant cutback to keep the spot. We were in the same position one lap later on the final lap when he went even more defensive, leaving me JUST enough room to stick my car up the inside. That was all the invitation I needed, and I sent it up the inside again, this time making sure to park it on the apex even if it meant sacrificing me exit. It worked, and I was able to hold on to the P10 spot...for 187 points... Meanwhile the other Corvette that I started directly behind went on to finish P5...

Slot 5: My best qualifying time of the night (first time under 1:46) saw me line up P8 (of only 13 starters). There was A LOT of battling in this one, mostly at the seaside hairpin, including 1 instance where we were briefly 4-wide, and other in which I pulled off an overtake around the outside on Lap 13. This ended up being by far my best, most exciting race. In spite of losing quite a bit of time in those battles, I was able to bring home in P7 (of 12 finishers) for 231 points, which is now my 3rd-best score. Still frustrated because it took 5 attempts, and I only managed to do it in the emptiest room of the night...

Last edited:
Dave Gorman? I was supposed to see him last week but sickness got in the way, hopefully catch the tour later on.
Correct. Hopefully you can, the show was really funny.
I hate tonight's Nations, too much tire saving required.
Was there? Seemed to pass me by. I had no real issues with tyres and didn't do much to save them.

Well, managed to get the result in the first race!

---

Nothing magical about the qualifying, I could consistently get into the high 1:58's... so i did:

1664046483679.png

That's one of the big jobs done, as dirty air can really hinder the tyre life in this race not to mention make it difficult for overtaking.

The race was nothing short of... nothing really, my lead got extended slowly to around 5 seconds, before 2nd and 3rd (@Jami2001 and @GT_Saby) tyre's ended up wearing out. This also lead V. Tomechek to the podium slot right at the end!

I ended up with the hat-trick once again:
(along with a nice cr prize of 173k)
1664046772535.png

1664046744810.png

A nice 191 points from this.

1664046975392.png

Like the race yesterday, it's crazy to see how far I've come considering I started at a low B rank in round 2, I doubt I can gain the top domestic GT2 spot as the points gap is too much. But crazy to see what can happen if you so much as try! I'm sure to race against some of these fine drivers next weekend for the final round, these guys are great to get where they are and keep making me want to push and improve myself right till the end!

Just did a race simulation and even with the Supra which has less tire wear my fronts basically let go right at the start of the 14th lap.

Did another with a 1-stop. This allowed me to blitz both stints without having to worry about tire conserving and with my tire shredding ways I ended up actually being 12 seconds faster with the stop over race distance.....so it looks like I'm going to have to go with the 1-stop strategy and hope for the best in the race.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 1
Toyota Supra GT500 '97

Qualified Q10, with low 2:01.
First few laps saw quite a lot of cars spinning out or going wide, and at lap 5 I was P3.
Unfortunately that was the high watermark of the day.
Tires were not too bad, but I was possibly a bit too focused on saving them, so my pace wasn't great and moved to P4
But I then binned twice, for no good reason - so ended up P9.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 3
Toyota Supra GT500 '97

Did a bit of free practice in the 15min before the race, with several laps in mid 2:00 (best 2:00.3), OK times for my lobbies.
Unfortunately got stuck a bit in traffic in the qualif + some mistakes: 2:01 flat, Q12.
Start of the race I ran wide somewhere, fell to P15 (last), then back to P12.
Then went wide at 130R, slept on the curb => spin => hit the wall => engine damage => last again.
The focus was gone, I drove to the end of race but crashed / went wide another 5 times at least - fortunately I was running 20sec behind P14 so at least didn't annoyed anyone else than myself.

Next slot will be the one I thought.
Except I entered only to be kicked out right after the start, network error.
Felt almost like a deserved punishment for my awful previous race...

I thought about running the last slot but by the time it started it was getting a bit late so gave up.
Probably my worst racing day, I guess one of these have to happen once in a while :indiff:

Well, looks like I didn't tire manage enough in slot 1.....fronts disappeared 1/2-way into the last lap. Will have to try again in slot 2.

EDIT: slot 2 didn't work out so well....I'm perplexed here. I can't figure out how to make my tires not burn up by the last lap. I literally had to give up the lead to duck into the pits so that I wouldn't fry them by race end and that sent me from a 2 second lead to 20 seconds down. This race is super frustrating.

Last edited:
Back