Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,218 comments
What an absolute mess that was.

Had a go at nations with zero track time. Surprisingly qualified 5th with a 1.59.9 against a pretty strong A+ / A lobby. Moved up to 4th on lap 1 after a spin from on of the drivers ahead. Took it easy and did a bit of tyre conservation behind 3rd. Had him easily covered for speed, but the front 2 were well ahead and I had a big gap behind so I just waited for a mistake… got a few runs on him on the long straight, but he blocked heavily so I just lifted and stayed behind. Finally lap 11 he ran wide at turn one, and I went up the inside and made a clean pass and quickly pulled a few car lengths on him. Until the corner before the hairpin where he Tboned me at full noise.

Fast forward to the next (and last) race, and the same clown qualifies in the position behind me. Lap 1 he T-bones me at the hairpin exit and that’s it for me.

I’ve never been so angry at another player. Really disappointing that we have halfwits like this somehow rated S. That’s the end of nations for me this season.

I’ll post a video of the first incident when I get a chance.

Hi all! Suzuka, I love this track. Did two races yesterday, first one was bit unlucky, my own mistakes and at the end some brit with puncture just pushed me offtrack at Casio on last lap:/ In second race all went allright, maybe except Quali:D On my last lap I was purple on S1 and S2, just to spin at Hairpin... Qualified P6, but difference to PP was 0.3s? Race was clean and little boring to 8th lap. Cars in front of me created a train, which I know was stupid idea, dirty air... I just stayed about 1.5s behind saving my tyres, was in comfortable situation beacause something happend to cars behind me, collision or smthng, they were 3s behind...
From 8th lap I started to push, guys in front made mistakes, their tyres were in bad shape I guess:) Two of them just go offroad, third guy was doing all he can but cant stand a pressure and also made mistake... From this moment I got clean air so decided to try cath the leaders, two Italinas in Supras. Slowly gap was getting smaller but I realised that its impossible to catch them and its bit risky, my tyres won't survive this experiment:D Finished P3 for 150pts, which put me 19th place in Poland, but still I got 4th round to count so cant wait last round.
Edit: I was in GTR

Last edited:
Did the Manufacturers at Seaside on Friday. Started 6th but left time on track. Managed to smash into the CoD on lap 1 becuae why not, dropped to last as my engine flashed. Drove my way back up to 6th again as others had issues and then lightly clipped the CoD on the exit and apparently that was enough to damage the engine again, fell back down the order but again fought my way back up to 6th. At this point though I was in a pack of cars scrapping for places and I ended up on the losing end of it, finishing in 9th overall. Only able to do one slot on Friday so it will have to do.

Solid season in Manu this time, only missed two rounds.

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 07.29.14.png

Ended up skipping the Nations after trying both cars and not getting near a decent time. I don't know what it is with Suzuka, a track I've raced for many years, I seem to be getting worse at it now and I wasn't enjoying the drive. Was having more fun switching between Daytona and Monza in the daillies yesterday so gave it a miss. I've only done two Nations races and my standings are awful for it anyway, a consequence of working lates on Fridays these past few weeks no doubt. Will have a more committed run next time out, work and health allowing.

Good luck all in the final rounds :cheers:

Last edited:
Had a good weekend in both GTWS series at 2 combos I really enjoyed.

GT1 - low A/S lobbies both nights

Manufacturer slot 1 and I surprised myself with a Q4. I had no clue that I was supposed to fuel save and was wondering why P3 let me by so easily early on. Then P2 crashed in the first chicane to see me into second. I couldn't catch the leader, but had a big enough gap at the pit stop after 9 laps on the mediums that it didn't matter that I hadn't saved fuel. Came home P2 with 151 points that will count, Happy days!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220923204529.jpg

Off to Nations on Saturday for another combo I felt comfortable with, although this one took a rare two attempts.

Slot 1 saw me in Q4, and it was looking good until an unforced error in turn 1 on lap 4 or 5 saw me drop to 11th. Fought my way back to 7th at the end, but knew I could do better.

Slot 3 was kind of boring, but oh well. Q2 - P2 for 150 points that will count.

Biggest takeaway from the weekend was how clean and fair the racing I saw was. Respect given and received on the track. Gives me hope.

Saw a few GTP members out there as well, which is always nice, because you kind of know they will race you clean.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220924224753.jpg

2022 GTWS Nations Cup Season 2 - Round 7
Slot 4 - 23:00

For this race, I ended up in one of the most competitive lobbies I've been in on GT7 so far. It was made up of mostly A+ drivers. I decided to go with the GT-R even though it was the riskier car of the two since that's all I had been practicing with. Everyone else besides one other person was in the Supra.

I qualified P12. Despite going wide at 130R on the opening lap, I still managed to gain some positions throughout the whole race as I was able to keep my driving relatively consistent throughout. The tire wear really began to set in starting at around lap 10 though. By lap 12, I had a Supra bearing down on me, but their tires were just as in bad shape. They tried to go for a move at the chicane following 130R on the penultimate lap, but couldn't get past me.

I was in 8th place by the final lap and I was able to keep the aforementioned Supra at a safe distance. Going into the chicane, three drivers got into an incident which resulted in one of them going off track. It was almost an opportunity for me to gain a position or two at the closing seconds of the race, but by the time I caught up to them, they had already recovered enough for me to not capitalize on it. Still, I was quite content with where I finished considering the circumstances. I also wanted to avoid going again at the midnight slot after the weird matchmaking I experienced last week in the Mazda Roadster TC race. Gained myself 184 points.

4D808D54-412B-4317-9709-BC017EB6B1F7.png

5056F913-26B7-4FEF-A7D9-7A5727B4ED89.png

Two attempts and two opposite results for me in the Nation's race. I felt comfortable going in as this was almost the same combo as one of the GR Cup rounds that I won. First attempt in GT1 22:00 NA slot, I can't put it together in qualifying and end up P8. On lap 1 I run wide exiting Degner causing a stack up entering the hairpin putting me off course. I make a bunch more mistakes throughout the race and wind up P10.

I give it another go at 23:00, I click off a 1:59.8 in qualifying putting me P2 on the grid. I maintain position and P1 bins it exiting the esses handing me the lead. About mid race I stumble entering Degner and drop back to P2 thinking I've thrown it away. Little by little I close the gap P1 seems to losing their tires and on Lap 12 I cruise by and hang on for a second GTWS win, same car and track as the first.

I don't consider myself the smoothest driver but I easily had another 2-3 laps left in my tires. Must be a controller vs wheel thing. I find Suzuka almost as challenging as the Nurburgring, such a technical track and so easy to blow the corner entry/exits.

1837535228886-screenshotUrl.png

Also I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like the track limits were more forgiving than usual in this round. I felt I cut the kerbs in Degner and the Hitachi Triangle pretty aggressively a few times and never received any penalties.

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason that both the Nations Cup and Mfrg's Cup this upcoming week are both happen at the same time? i.e. they are both on Friday at the same time slots?

Is this a mistake or are they actually jamming them all in at once?

Is there any particular reason that both the Nations Cup and Mfrg's Cup this upcoming week are both happen at the same time? i.e. they are both on Friday at the same time slots?

Is this a mistake or are they actually jamming them all in at once?

They are on Friday and Saturday as always

Attachments

• FF54CF86-6D7B-43ED-85C1-830117D92648.jpeg
    FF54CF86-6D7B-43ED-85C1-830117D92648.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 11
I think PD needs to introduce much heavier penalties in nations and manufacturers, as people put hours in to preparing for these events only to have their time wasted by these complete clowns.
I don't put hours into them, however that's because I don't have the hours to do so, the time I can spend on the game is limited by work, daughter etc. so the idea that people are playing just to ruin that time for others is so maddening (if completely predictable) on that side as well. None of us deserve our time wasted, I'd like to see bans in these kinds of cases where it can be proved beyond doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are on Friday and Saturday as always

Apparently not in the USA....and all of the timeslots are the same as well? Is my console just seeing some sort of glitch or is everyone else in this region seeing the same thing. Its not just on this screen either, when I go to the Event Calendar it shows both races as being Sept 30th?

Gran Turismo® 7_20220926121000.jpg

Last edited:
I don't put hours into them, however that's because I don't have the hours to do so, the time I can spend on the game is limited by work, daughter etc. so the idea that people are playing just to ruin that time for others is so maddening (if completely predictable) on that side as well. None of us deserve our time wasted, I'd like to see bans in these kinds of cases where it can be proved beyond doubt.
Yeah, same - I'm pretty time-poor, having 3 kids and travelling quite a lot for work, which makes it even more infuriating when I have some 'me' time to do some racing, only for it to be ruined deliberately. I'm also for people getting 1-2 week bans from those events for blatant punting.

Regarding the coming races: I'll pass on Manu at Interlagos, it is just another sprint race on hards.

Nations however can be very interesting; 16 laps on a track where it is very, very easy to suffer from the new damagesystem.
3 times tyrewear and both soft and medium compounds to be used. And there is a variety of cars in the top 10 so it can be fun to decide on which car to use.

I decided not to use a car that i raced before; so the Subaru, Jaguar, Genesis and Porsche were out. So decided to use the Mustang. Never used it before, not even in GTS and so far liking how it drives so made a simple livery and decided to stick with it.

Bit worried about the tyrewear though; think i can use the softs for about 6 or 7 laps and then switch to mediums.

Will be interesting to see what cars you'll here are going to use....

1664262145645.png

I’m using the Z4 for Nations. It’s not the quickest but feels the most comfortable for me, can really attack the bends without worrying too much about clipping the walls. Usually pretty good on tyres as well so should get a decent amount of laps out of the softs.

What is going on with the DBR9 at Interlagos? It is like the rear is on ice, just zero grip on acceleration. It’s always been a bit temperamental but this is something else…

What is going on with the DBR9 at Interlagos? It is like the rear is on ice, just zero grip on acceleration. It’s always been a bit temperamental but this is something else…

Glad it’s not only me having issues. Switched to the Vantage, much better. Will be the first time running that instead.

For Manu, well Interlagos doesn't gel with me at all. However as is always the way forward is to take it head on and practice/learn till results come in.

Being with Nissan, I am spoilt for choice in either a car that can 1/20 laps get a great lap time on TT, or one that probably won't get me on pole but is very consistent in the race itself. Then again that's not including dirty air.... 🤷‍♂️

Nations, I'm once again being a madman and bringing out the good ol' GTR GT500 '99. I've driven it too much now that it's strangely enough my strongest performer in the GTWS Cups.

As of writing:

Manu @ Interlagos:

1664314390906.png

(But may still end up using the GT500 which once did a 1:31.8xx)

Nations @ Trial Mountain:

1664314410598.png

(I may be able to run an 8/8 but depends on the day)

Well, that's about all I've got for now. I wish I had more time to check out all the other cars for Nations but I doubt I'll be able to beat this car with the time left, especially having to learn how each car drives on that track and would have to learn new driving styles again.

1664314144075.png

Apparently not in the USA....and all of the timeslots are the same as well? Is my console just seeing some sort of glitch or is everyone else in this region seeing the same thing. Its not just on this screen either, when I go to the Event Calendar it shows both races as being Sept 30th?

View attachment 1195505
I am seeing the exact same thing and just came here to ask the same question you did. why the heck would they do that? It HAS to be a typo, right?

For Manu, well Interlagos doesn't gel with me at all. However as is always the way forward is to take it head on and practice/learn till results come in.

Being with Nissan, I am spoilt for choice in either a car that can 1/20 laps get a great lap time on TT, or one that probably won't get me on pole but is very consistent in the race itself. Then again that's not including dirty air.... 🤷‍♂️

Nations, I'm once again being a madman and bringing out the good ol' GTR GT500 '99. I've driven it too much now that it's strangely enough my strongest performer in the GTWS Cups.

As of writing:

Manu @ Interlagos:

View attachment 1195813
(But may still end up using the GT500 which once did a 1:31.8xx)

Nations @ Trial Mountain:

View attachment 1195814
(I may be able to run an 8/8 but depends on the day)

Well, that's about all I've got for now. I wish I had more time to check out all the other cars for Nations but I doubt I'll be able to beat this car with the time left, especially having to learn how each car drives on that track and would have to learn new driving styles again.

View attachment 1195810
That Interlagos time fills me with dread. I have a 1:32.5 in the Vantage and can’t see how I can improve. If the GTR is going to turn mid 31s I’m screwed.

That Interlagos time fills me with dread. I have a 1:32.5 in the Vantage and can’t see how I can improve. If the GTR is going to turn mid 31s I’m screwed.
The GT500 is mid 32's for myself. But leading from the front in a test race offline. The 1:31 laps are rare for myself and I feel my aging G29 with weakened FFB (10/10) and crap pedals is holding me back from being consistent in that combo.

I also hate the hard tyres so it's frustrating to drive both these cars here. I just so happened to go quicker in TT with the newer GTR.

I’m with you there. Best I’ve managed in the wrx is a 1:32.3. And I’m almost a second slower in the BRZ…Blows my mind that some people have managed to get in the 1m30s with it!

I have a 1:32.5

Best I’ve managed in the wrx is a 1:32.3
In both offline and lobby races, mid 1:32 seems to be the average pace for normal front runners, I normally get 1:32.3 best lap for one lap in the races. The GT500 is worse than I remember now and struggle to get below 1:33 so running with the R35 GTR on Friday.

The 10kg feels like a tenth or two difference for my driving style, it was a fat boy to begin with anyway!
For those in the Subaru camp, just use the WRX its on par with the GTR in this combo from what I've seen.

In both offline and lobby races, mid 1:32 seems to be the average pace for normal front runners, I normally get 1:32.3 best lap for one lap in the races. The GT500 is worse than I remember now and struggle to get below 1:33 so running with the R35 GTR on Friday.

The 10kg feels like a tenth or two difference for my driving style, it was a fat boy to begin with anyway!
For those in the Subaru camp, just use the WRX its on par with the GTR in this combo from what I've seen.

I’m seriously considering just skipping it. My 32.5 is in FP and I can’t string any consistent laps together, even in the Vantage. The back end of both Astons just want to slide into snap oversteer constantly. Even just time trialing is sending my frustration off the charts. Every third lap is a spin or a save and loss of a couple of seconds. I genuinely don’t know what the hell is going on with the grip on these cars.

I’m seriously considering just skipping it. My 32.5 is in FP and I can’t string any consistent laps together, even in the Vantage. The back end of both Astons just want to slide into snap oversteer constantly. Even just time trialing is sending my frustration off the charts. Every third lap is a spin or a save and loss of a couple of seconds. I genuinely don’t know what the hell is going on with the grip on these cars.
Sorry to hear that! I've also seen that the Vantage has had a tweak in BoP? The hard tyres really make this a difficult combo for outright fast lap times. It's taken me like 5 mock races offline (and from the front) to simply get consistency. I was cursing this combo myself at the start but I decided to attack it head on otherwise I wouldn't improve.

I thought I’d do some quick practice tonight to see how the mustang goes…first 20 mins I was feeling ‘wtf, this is ridiculous’, completely losing the rear and having to restart most laps. Usually I don’t have much trouble with the mustang but this track on hard tyres is a real struggle.
As time progressed I didn’t stop losing the rear but got better at saving it and just losing half a second or whatever instead of total death. After 20 mins I managed to get a string of laps in without a full death, every lap had at least a minor loss of the rear end still though…
ECEDF7B1-89E6-495A-A6F2-417872FEAEAA.jpeg

Yeah that’s me ending the string of ‘at least I didn’t die’ laps in the wall calling it a night :)

Then skip it! Why not? It is just a game and it is supposed to be fun! When you are not having fun go and do something else for a while.

Then come back for the next round and have fun again! meantime go out and enjoy nature, read a book, drink a beer, build a model or whatever floats your boat. in any case; I do hope you will have fun....

:cheers:

Back