Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,231 comments
One-makes are never good news, but we can make an exception for the Mazda. Think things will still be a bit more varied in the very low levels I now occupy.
Last time we had this combo in Daily C, the R92 could sorta compete, but the Mazda was definitely OP. That was limited to Group C only though, so it wasn't possible to see if any of the VGTs or cars like the 908 or '11 R18 could set similar lap times to the 787. Maybe one of those will be competitive, especially in race conditions.

Last time we had this combo in Daily C, the R92 could sorta compete, but the Mazda was definitely OP. That was limited to Group C only though, so it wasn't possible to see if any of the VGTs or cars like the 908 or '11 R18 could set similar lap times to the 787. Maybe one of those will be competitive, especially in race conditions.
Only done a few laps but Mazda 787b so far the quickest thing out there. The only hybrid that could maybe compete is the Toyota GR010 but it’s still 1+ seconds slower a lap. Dont know much about the VGTs but I tried the McLaren and it was slow.
Believe this is a tyre wear race, so all depends how good those group C cars are on tyres. The Hybrid Toyota GR010 could turn out to be the car to use?

Disappointed to see that PD havent given us a full 24 hour daytona. The track gets dark after 5 laps and then never becomes light again. Love to have had a full day/night transition.

Im ready for new season, and how are you guys?
20829765930415246.jpg

Only done a few laps but Mazda 787b so far the quickest thing out there. The only hybrid that could maybe compete is the Toyota GR010 but it’s still 1+ seconds slower a lap. Dont know much about the VGTs but I tried the McLaren and it was slow.
Believe this is a tyre wear race, so all depends how good those group C cars are on tyres. The Hybrid Toyota GR010 could turn out to be the car to use?

Disappointed to see that PD havent given us a full 24 hour daytona. The track gets dark after 5 laps and then never becomes light again. Love to have had a full day/night transition.
As far as I can see, the 787 will need to do a one stop for tyres but the pit loss is only about 16 seconds. I can’t get anything else within a second a lap of it, so even if you could no stop in something else, you won’t make up enough time.

The Mazda LM55 seems to be the quickest non-Group C car so far.

It’s actually really disappointing because some of those VGTs are amazing to drive and would be really interesting to race, but the Group 1 BoP is really, horribly broken. There shouldn’t be 5 seconds per lap between the fastest and slowest cars in a class.

Last edited:
As far as I can see, the 787 will need to do a one stop for tyres but the pit loss is only about 16 seconds. I can’t get anything else within a second a lap of it, so even if you could no stop in something else, you won’t make up enough time.

It’s actually really disappointing because some of those VGTs are amazing to drive and would be really interesting to race, but the Group 1 BoP is really, horribly broken. There shouldn’t be 5 seconds per lap between the fastest and slowest cars in a class.
I would have loved to use the LM55. Tried a test run with it, and it's possible to 0-stop with it.

... It finished 30 seconds slower than my 787B run.

Ah that's a shame the Toyota couldn't compete. But then also I guess it makes thing easier in the race if everyone using the GrC cars. That Le Man's daily was a nightmare with the Hybrids been able to brake later and corner quicker than the GrCs.

Gr1 is a joke right now. I'd love to know how PD have calculated the BOP. Like you say they shouldn't be a gap off 5+ seconds between GrC and Hybrids. Think they need to separate Gr1 class into 3 separate classes. GrC, LMPH & VGT.

I'd love to have a VGT only race.

It's going to be a 787B fest like the Daily was way back when. It's going to be a long race, that's for sure.

Anyone do any practice laps for the Manu at Nurb? I picked Jag and Ford for my two accounts, respectfully. In the Jag, my best time is a 1:53.5 and on the Ford GT LM II it's a 1:53.8. Just curious to how those complare to what you guys are doing in some different (or same) Manu cars.

Gr1 is a joke right now. I'd love to know how PD have calculated the BOP. Like you say they shouldn't be a gap off 5+ seconds between GrC and Hybrids. Think they need to separate Gr1 class into 3 separate classes. GrC, LMPH & VGT.

I'd love to have a VGT only race.
Agreed. Gr1 needs to be the hybrids only: the Toyota, Porsche, Peugeot, etc. There should also be a GrC category for only those cars, and a VGT category for only those cars. They should all be separated. Next week's C race (Gr4 at Sarthe no chicanes) would be absolutely amazing if it was GrC cars only, and not Gr4 cars.

Last edited:
My randomisation process for the next season has been done and the results are interesting. :scared:

I will let you know closer to the time.
Time to stop the suspense. My randomisation process has landed me with a manufacturer I got quite acquainted with at the back end of GTS. Lambo. Hopefully the recent physics changes will help me keep her under control. (Who am I kidding.)
I'm hoping to channel more of the control that saw me finish 5th at the Barca race than the hopelessness that was the Fuji race during that GTS season. I guess the Fuji race here will let me see how I have improved. Not sure about the Gr4 as it is not as strong as it used to be. But at least the 4WD will let me push it more than the Gr3. Wish me luck!
f6eedd6a957b230f3f86f83f13eab860_photo.webp

Did some practice laps today in the 787B, my best time thus far is a 1:28.7. Also tried the Nissan 92 but my best was 1:29.5 after a handful of laps. Trick with that car is managing the turbo lag; you really have to get on the throttle sooner than it feels like you should. It was also faster down the back straight than the Mazda, 224 vs 222 in my limited testing.

The Jag and Sauber were a waste of time.

Time to stop the suspense. My randomisation process has landed me with a manufacturer I got quite acquainted with at the back end of GTS. Lambo. Hopefully the recent physics changes will help me keep her under control. (Who am I kidding.)
I'm hoping to channel more of the control that saw me finish 5th at the Barca race than the hopelessness that was the Fuji race during that GTS season. I guess the Fuji race here will let me see how I have improved. Not sure about the Gr4 as it is not as strong as it used to be. But at least the 4WD will let me push it more than the Gr3. Wish me luck!
f6eedd6a957b230f3f86f83f13eab860_photo.webp
Good luck my friend! Was nice knowing you 😂. That is a bold choice. The Gr4 is actually a decent car to drive. The best 4wd car for me. The Gr3 car…might be safer to race in reverse. Love for the Gr3 to get a physics upgrade in the next update.

Im still unsure on my manufacture. AMG was my official season car, so I want to avoid this (which I will) and I don’t want to drive the OP Nissan.
My choices are Lexus, Porsche & Aston Martin again.
Porsche - Cayman is a wink link so ill basically forfeit the Gr4 race, but the two Gr3 races it will be strong.
Aston Martin - Tested the Gr3 at Nurburgring and it’s close to my Porsche time. And Gr4 it was decent too. Not tested at Fuji but I believe this is a wet weather race so hard to know how wet it will be.
Lexus - really want to go Lexus but I struggle with the oversteer in the Gr3. Gr4 is decent to drive.

Good luck my friend! Was nice knowing you 😂. That is a bold choice. The Gr4 is actually a decent car to drive. The best 4wd car for me. The Gr3 car…might be safer to race in reverse. Love for the Gr3 to get a physics upgrade in the next update.
Not 100% my choice. I did feel my 2 seasons with it in 21 improved my driving so hopefully that will happen. Thanks for the luck.

It's going to be a 787B fest like the Daily was way back when. It's going to be a long race, that's for sure.

Anyone do any practice laps for the Manu at Nurb? I picked Jag and Ford for my two accounts, respectfully. In the Jag, my best time is a 1:53.5 and on the Ford GT LM II it's a 1:53.8. Just curious to how those complare to what you guys are doing in some different (or same) Manu cars.
1:53.278 in the RSR. My friends list has two AMGs at the top with a 52.9 and a 53.1.

GTR looks to be the other uniformly quick car.

Season 2 looks a lot better than season 1 - Will be entering the Manufacturers (got to now decided on manufacturer again…. Aston Martin I think) - Nissan will be OP manufacture. Nations will defo be doing Daytona (I hope we don’t have that stupid Hybrid saving to do) and will do the Porsche race. Probs miss the Honda race.

Nations
Race 1 - Daytona. I’m hoping that we get a Daytona 24 hour (Day/night/day cycle).
Race 2 - Trail Mountain - Not really driven the Porsche even though I got it free so might be a good race,
Race 3 - Catalunya - Honda Fit? Is that the electric hybrid thing you use on the very first race? Not sure on this race….

Manufactures
Race 1 - Nurburgring GP - just a carbon copy of this weeks daily race but 5 extra laps and less tyre wear. Softs available so I wonder if a 2 stop might be possible here?
Race 2 - Saint-Croix - straight out sprint race this
Race 3 - Fuji - looks like this will be a weather race. Wets and hard available. Could be a fun race.
Looks like because of work I'll only be able to jump into Manu race 2, which I like that track so should be good....I'm with Nissan this season

Last edited:
I am flummoxed by the Oceania slots for Nations. In my time zone they started at noon on a Wednesday and the last one is at 9pm. That’s 2pm-11pm in NZ and 3pm to 2am in WA.

I ran the first slot I could after work, which was the 7th slot (6pm). Top split was worth just 207 points for the win and had only 5 A+ drivers in a 16 car field. This seems utterly ridiculous to me. I know it’s an exhibition season, but on a work/school day who exactly do they think can race between noon and 3pm?

I am flummoxed by the Oceania slots for Nations. In my time zone they started at noon on a Wednesday and the last one is at 9pm. That’s 2pm-11pm in NZ and 3pm to 2am in WA.

I ran the first slot I could after work, which was the 7th slot (6pm). Top split was worth just 207 points for the win and had only 5 A+ drivers in a 16 car field. This seems utterly ridiculous to me. I know it’s an exhibition season, but on a work/school day who exactly do they think can race between noon and 3pm?
In the UK they are starting at 10am. I may be able to squeeze into the 8th slot (7pm) with no practice after work, but realistically it's the final 2 slots of the day and hoping there's no connection issues.

The Wednesday times are a bit silly with majority of people working/schooling.

Not exactly brilliant on the Saturday either:

1. Race Schedule and Entry Slots (EMEA Region)​

・Entry Slots Times: 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 UTC

All done and dusted by dinner time. Surely the lobby DR spread will be wide, especially for the 8am slot!

Daytona 1st try: Started from 11th. It was a freaking puntfest (victim all the times) and ran out of time, ending up 10th.
Daytona 2nd try: Started from 4th. It was a comfortable drive, and I finished 2nd.

Last edited:
What are the times for us Westerners, anyone know?

Also, anyone know if the R92 would require refueling to make it the 24 laps?

Nations (wednesday)​

・Entry Slots Times: 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00 PST

Manufacturers (Saturday)​

・Entry Slots Times: 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 PST

I didn't expect to like this combo as much as I did. Ended up being super quick across the night, it was just super unfortunate that almost no one in Oceania showed up (one race had nine people in it. Nine!!)

I did four races, got two strong fourth places and a win. Points were nothing to write home about, but at least my position on the leaderboard looks pretty neat!

20970491088094988.jpg
20970213742273685.jpg
185e8bdb25168-screenshotUrl.jpg

I didn't expect to like this combo as much as I did. Ended up being super quick across the night, it was just super unfortunate that almost no one in Oceania showed up (one race had nine people in it. Nine!!)

I did four races, got two strong fourth places and a win. Points were nothing to write home about, but at least my position on the leaderboard looks pretty neat!

View attachment 1225519View attachment 1225520View attachment 1225523
This underlines my point. I came 2nd in top split and I’m not even in the top twenty points. The only guy who beat me clearly went again and is now 3rd.

10 slots in Oceania is waaay too many.

You'll be so far behind most of the 787B's that it probably won't matter whether or not you have to refuel.

You'll be so far behind most of the 787B's that it probably won't matter whether or not you have to refuel.
Want to give it a run on my 2 account. I know it's not as fast, but it is quicker in a straight (at least via some of the TT laps I did, no draft of course... 222 vs 224 at the S/F line).

My best lap in the Nissan was about .700" slower than the Mazda, but I did a lot more laps in the Mazda.

Nations Daytona 24 hours 😁

Was looking forward to this race, then I saw it was going to be 787b only race then made not look forward to it.

Managed to find time to jump on the 11 am (UK) slot. Lobby was a mix between DR A & DR B. As I’m only DR B I felt like this was going to be a race at the back.
Obviously I jumped into the 787b as the other cars can’t even compete. A few in my lobby entered in the hybrids, which was a strange move.

Quali - not a great quali really. I was a bit too cautious into T1, and a few other corners on the infield section, set a 1:31: for my fastest lap. 2nd lap I pushed a bit too hard into T1 and this time I ran wide. P10 it was.

Race - So my aim for the race was to…. 1. Not hit the tyres on T1 and 2. Not to spin the car round.
Start line I saw one car lose it on the straight on their own, and the car ahead had a poor get away so gained 2 spot and upto P8. T1 I was super cautious about punting the car ahead but also getting punted myself from behind, but managed to get through fine and also made up another 2 places to P6. After that I managed to gain a few places with a 2 cars going off fighting and also made a few overtakes. I found myself somehow up into P3 by lap 7. Lap 11 I had closed the gap to P2 to 1 second and I decided I would do the opposite of them in the pit stop to try jumping them. They pitted so I stayed out for an extra lap and my in lap didn’t go to plan really. Had a back marker ahead that was ghosted but I was still a bit cautious in case the game decided to un-ghost them, and then I got shortcut pen on the final corner off the infield section. Luckily as I was pitting the pen didn’t really lose me time but i already lost time early into the lap. Exited the pit lane 2 seconds behind P2. After that nothing much really happen. P4 was closing and got to within 1 second of me but lap 20 they picked up a few penalties and that gave me breathing space. As for P2 I was closing the gap and then losing it and on the last lap I was 3 seconds behind going into the bus stop. I crossed the line to find myself in P2. For what ever reason the car in P2 either got a disconnect or decided to quit the race on the finish line. I’ll happily take P2 from that race.
Enjoyed that race in the end. The Day-night-day transition was nice to see, the challenge of keeping the car on track was good, and the my unexpected result too was great.

Long video (sorry) will put timestamps on.

This underlines my point. I came 2nd in top split and I’m not even in the top twenty points. The only guy who beat me clearly went again and is now 3rd.

10 slots in Oceania is waaay too many.
I’m not gonna lie, I have no idea what these races are about. I think participation may be low because a lot of people like me have no clue what’s going on, and PD doesn’t do much in the way of explaining the events for people who don’t already know. I think they are counting on familiarity with players who’ve been doing this for a while, but as a new GT player I have no sense of what the point is.

Many of you know me by now and know I love this game, so I don’t mean to say these events are pointless. I just have no grasp on what these events are. I checked them out last year very briefly as I was trying to get acclimated to the game. I couldn’t tell if they are different from the dailies or not, and why. And the multiple events over months aren’t really explained except for “here are the dates.” And then the World Series just happened and I still don’t have any idea if that’s related to these events or not. Seriously. I’m not trying to be obtuse, and I tried to figure it out through the game’s links, but there isn’t a general overview or explanation that I could find.

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I figure if I try to figure out what’s going on and I can’t even find an explanation, then it makes me feel like these events aren’t intended for me. It feels more like I stumbled into someone else’s private league and not a series of events open to the public.

Just a few observations from a newbie who wanted to participate but can’t figure it out. PD isn’t helping itself here.

@Bullwinkle there's not much to figure out, really. Gran Turismo World Series events are part of a championship consisting (in this exhibition season) of 3 events. There are 2 Series', Manufacturer's Cup where you choose your manufacturer before the season and stay with it to the end, and the Nation's Cup where you are racing for your flag. Each round has 10 slots that you can enter throughout the day, but keep in mind that only your LAST result will count, not your best result.

Back