Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,234 comments
After some short 10 lap practice, decided to jump in for tonight's Nations cup race. I enjoy the gr1 cars, aside from the fact that the class is very much unbalanced. Quali was okay, but no clue really what my true pace should have been, since I did not quali practice at all. I did a 1.30.7 so not that bad, enough for a P9. Maybe a few tenths in it? Since in the race my best lap was a 1.30.5.

The race was after the first few laps very uneventful, just didn't have the pace to challenge the top. The leader was very fast, even won despite a 15 sec mistake or so 😱 I didn't do any mistakes, no penalties and I drove fairly consistently. P7 and 169 points so an okay result in the end.

My lobby totally felt like two classes of drivers racing as one. TOP6 could have been within 8-10 seconds easily, since the Swiss driver ahead of me kept making small like 2 sec mistakes around half a dozen times even. No idea how so many drivers were that much faster than me, but I tried my best and drove without mistakes, so I have no complaints.

Attachments

• IMG_20230125_194954850_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230125_194954850_HDR.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230125_195033721_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230125_195033721_HDR.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I’m not gonna lie, I have no idea what these races are about. I think participation may be low because a lot of people like me have no clue what’s going on, and PD doesn’t do much in the way of explaining the events for people who don’t already know. I think they are counting on familiarity with players who’ve been doing this for a while, but as a new GT player I have no sense of what the point is.

Many of you know me by now and know I love this game, so I don’t mean to say these events are pointless. I just have no grasp on what these events are. I checked them out last year very briefly as I was trying to get acclimated to the game. I couldn’t tell if they are different from the dailies or not, and why. And the multiple events over months aren’t really explained except for “here are the dates.” And then the World Series just happened and I still don’t have any idea if that’s related to these events or not. Seriously. I’m not trying to be obtuse, and I tried to figure it out through the game’s links, but there isn’t a general overview or explanation that I could find.

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I figure if I try to figure out what’s going on and I can’t even find an explanation, then it makes me feel like these events aren’t intended for me. It feels more like I stumbled into someone else’s private league and not a series of events open to the public.

Just a few observations from a newbie who wanted to participate but can’t figure it out. PD isn’t helping itself here.
Basically its an official race series/championship.

Format - You have two series types. Manufacture and Nations.
Each series is normally about 8-10 rounds and the races are normally at least 30mins long (so about 16-30 lap). Time Trial doesn’t mean anything (like daily races) and you have a 10mins qualifying session to sort the grid.

Points - Each race you enter you win points, and the points are decided by how strong your competitors are. Most points at the end of the championship are then invited to attend the World Series Finals, but to be within a chance of attending these events you need to be A+ and be in the top 30 of the world. For lower rank DRs your basically racing for fun.

Manufactures - you pick a manufacture to represent for all the rounds. So if you pick Porsche you can only the Porsche Gr3 & Gr4 cars and you race against others in different manufactures.

Nations - is normally a set car or group of cars. So this wear you will use stuff like the Super Formula Car, Red Bull X19, or Gr1 cars.

Basically it’s Daily Races but a bit more official. Sign up for the manufacturer’s on Saturday. 1st round this week.

Basically its an official race series/championship.

Format - You have two series types. Manufacture and Nations.
Each series is normally about 8-10 rounds and the races are normally at least 30mins long (so about 16-30 lap). Time Trial doesn’t mean anything (like daily races) and you have a 10mins qualifying session to sort the grid.

Points - Each race you enter you win points, and the points are decided by how strong your competitors are. Most points at the end of the championship are then invited to attend the World Series Finals, but to be within a chance of attending these events you need to be A+ and be in the top 30 of the world. For lower rank DRs your basically racing for fun.

Manufactures - you pick a manufacture to represent for all the rounds. So if you pick Porsche you can only the Porsche Gr3 & Gr4 cars and you race against others in different manufactures.

Nations - is normally a set car or group of cars. So this wear you will use stuff like the Super Formula Car, Red Bull X19, or Gr1 cars.

Basically it’s Daily Races but a bit more official. Sign up for the manufacturer’s on Saturday. 1st round this week.
What prevents the Manu Series from being a one-make race? Nissan would be the obvious choice. Is there an incentive to choose something bizarre like the Citroën (my personal fave)?

What prevents the Manu Series from being a one-make race? Nissan would be the obvious choice. Is there an incentive to choose something bizarre like the Citroën (my personal fave)?
Because a lot of people just drive what they like, and if you want to be the highest-ranked driver for a particular brand, it's easier to do that if you pick a car no one wants.

So far in manus I’ve raced with 4 different teams (McLaren, Aston Martin, Porsche & AMG). Obviously the top picks… Nissan, Porsche, Toyota & Subaru are used a fair bit but you still get a good mix of other cars in the races. You find people like to pick a car on what they want to drive.

This is a race from the official season back in September. Think they was 7/8 different cars

Last edited:
I’m going to run the Jag tonight. It’s within a sec of the Mazda for me and I find it much easier to drive. Will sit out qualification and see how much ground I can make up from the back.
That was a lot more fun than I was expecting. I love the track but usually struggle against humans in this class.

One of only 4 brave foolhardy souls not to run the 787B. 16th to 7th on lap 1, the usual carnage. Good clean race - no contact, no spins, just a handful of track limit penalties. Did two even splits, only had to change tyres at the stop. Didn’t fight too hard if an orange/green menace got in my slipstream, no point really.

I’ll take a top 10.

7781C642-50A2-4539-853A-C5FA46762317.jpeg

B1E03704-1385-43BF-A9C9-5A341C71214E.jpeg

Before the start of this season I had unfortunatly lost my A+ status (thanks, Road Atlanta :mad:), but that means that I can be in races much more affordable to be protagonist, let's say :dopey:

Well, Daytona didn't disappoint :embarrassed: Great race, it's a shame that I' didn't manage to convert the pole position into a victory, but the bus stop was my weak point and with two laps to go the dutch driver manage to pass me to take the win :(

I dare to say more races like this, please :P

Last edited:
Well I'm ready with a few new liveries:

50b3a054f6aaf4275863aec61446f079_photo.webp

Single player time trial with that GTR '18 is 1:54.4 (Nur GP), but not bop'd in tt obviously (however med speed bop is meant to make it better?? edit: nvm it appears to be worse)
Also on Medium tyres!

I may stick with manufacturer's because I don't like the look of ANY of the nations events.

I did give a few other car's a go to see whether i wanted to change manufacturers, the Porsche came close but driving it today it didn't match my driving style! (It would just understeer out of corners)

It'll be my first time in GT1 category so just hoping to do my best!

Last edited:
Yeah, did my race. It was a bit silly. 10 slots in Oceania is just a joke. Was in the 9 car race with @Nismonath5 but not really in the race. Got in about 20 minutes of practice but wasn't enough in that lobby. Qualified 9th and then despite trying to brake way early I drove off at the second hairpin first 2 laps. Maybe 3. Had moved to p7 on the start but that dropped me back to my spot.

Was catching p8 towards the pit stop but could not figure out the bus stop, I was losing big chunks there every time. Then at the pits p8 swapped for IM tires.

Free spot as they had no chance and had to pit again. It's a long lonely race when you're in no man's land. But the absurdity is when because of the people who showed up for that lobby I score 202 points for a very average drive at best.

After seeing the times for other regions It's obvious PD doesn't pay attention to when people would race. 2pm on a weekday?

7pm slot.
Qualified P9 in the end so a decent starting place. I evaded the mess of turn 1 and the Horseshoe but wasn't so lucky at turn 5 where I was punted off. Back on with only a couple of people behind. I made a few positions in the first stint as others went off. A Frenchman caught me and recognising they were quicker I left the door open into T5 only for them to punt me instead. What an idiot. After that the car went deep into T1 and I slid across the grass and lost lots more time which put me in a battle with a 919. I pulled away on the straights but they caught in the first sector and the bus stop, especially as the car was getting worse with each lap refusing to brake or turn. However if I got the lap ok I gapped them by a second roughly a lap. I came in lap 12 for new tyres. After that it was an eventful run to the line fighting the car into and out of corners whilst pulling away from the 919. I caught an Italian who made a mistake. I closed out of the bus stop as they made another mistake. I went right and they timed a move to perfection to make me give them a bump draft. A dirty little trick. And that was that. A P11 finish.

Not a good combo for me. Car is tricky to handle here especially as it's not my best track. I really struggle with the Horseshoe and the corners where the infield returns to the oval. Hopefully the other rounds will be better.

I made the mistake of entering as GT2 the other day doing some practice laps and since raised myself back up to A-DR, so really should be in GT1, but oh well.

Wasn't expecting much at Daytona and lined up in 8th position. Through a little attrition and despite a pit-lane violation, I still managed to finish 4th, but only for 86 points.

I just did the 6pm EDT slot on my A/S alternate and was obviously in a much stronger GT1 lobby and could only manage a Q10. However there was a LOT of T1 carnage on lap 1 and I emerged a nice and clean 5th place, where I finished for a much nicer haul of points in the 150 range.

Contemplating going again on the main, but doubt it would be for much more points than earlier.

Single player time trial with that GTR '18 is 1:54.4 (Nur GP), but not bop'd in tt obviously (however med speed bop is meant to make it better?? edit: nvm it appears to be worse)
Also on Medium tyres!

I may stick with manufacturer's because I don't like the look of ANY of the nations events.

I did give a few other car's a go to see whether i wanted to change manufacturers, the Porsche came close but driving it today it didn't match my driving style! (It would just understeer out of corners)

Hello fellow Nissan teammate lol, I got the two GTRs and Silhouette Skyline available to use.....

I entered the last NA GT1 slot for the Nation's race with pretty low expectations, this 787B is a wild beast. Despite an out lap penalty I manage I start P2 on the grid with a 1:30.7. When the green flag drops the pole sitter spins immediately, probably from having the accelerator pinned at the top of 1st gear from the rolling start. I settle in in P2 after escaping Turn 1 melee and just make laps. On lap 6 the leader loops it on the exit of Turn 1 allowing me to take the lead and never look back. I ran consistent clean laps for the rest of the race and win by 5 seconds for 163 points. My third Nation's Cup win, happy to get it at Daytona since it's one of my favourite tracks.

Slot 6: Qualified P4 and stayed there almost the entire race, just outside the slipstream of P3, and also just keeping P5 outside of my slipstream. I was quicker through most of the lap, but would lose any ground I would gain at the chicane most of the time. At the end of Lap 22, 3rd place messed up the chicane and nearly wrecked, allowing me to get past into P3...until I did the same thing at the chicane a lap later and got a penalty on top of it, dropping me back to P4. Finally, at the last time through the chicane, I got another poor exit and allowed P5 to gain on me and barely beat me to the line by 0.007s, demoting me to P5 and 284 points, when I'd briefly been looking at a podium and over 300 points. Normally I'd be happy about that result (even though it was my first time finishing off the podium at Daytona Road Course), but with only 1 score counting in this "championship" and this being by far my best track on the Nation's schedule, I wanted much more.

Slot 7: Qualified a dismal P9 even though I felt like I didn't make any mistakes, which became P8 when the original polesitter disconnected before qualifying even ended. The new polesitter promptly died at T1 after apparently turning in too much and hitting the tire wall on the inside, gifting me P7, then someone else went off at T1, moving me up to P6. I then outbraked myself into the International Horseshoe and fell down to P7, then MASSIVELY outbraked myself again at West Horseshoe and had to bail into the marbles to avoid punting the car in front, which sent me off the track and down to P13. Mistakes from others quickly had me back in the Top 10, and once the easy positions were made up, I settled into P7 for several laps while I slowly reeled in P6 before taking the spot at the chicane. After that I slowly hunted down P5, getting right into their slipstream just as the pit window opened on Lap 11. I decided I was going to do the opposite of whatever P5 did, and when they stayed out I pitted and easily undercut them. After that, I tried to catch up to 4th, but I undid my progress when I messed up the exit of the chicane and nearly spun myself. I managed to set Fastest Lap and reel P4 back in but couldn't get closer than 2s before I ran out of laps, with P3 also not far ahead. 260 points and another P5 in a race where I had winning pace (even starting as far back as I did) definitely wasn't going to be good enough.

Slot 8: Set my best qualifying time of the night to start P2, behind an R92 that somehow beat me to pole by over 0.2s. I got the jump on the polesitter at the start, but didn't feel like risking an outside pass at T1 on cold tires, so I fell back to P2, then P3 after being passed around the outside of International Horseshoe. I promptly got P2 back at West Horseshoe when they outbraked themselves, and settled back in behind the Nissan. After 4 or so laps behind the Nissan, they outbraked themselves at West Horseshoe as well and allowed me through to the lead, which I slowly grew out to over 2s before the pit stops. The person who inherited P2 when the leader went off was committed to a no-stop for some reason, so they took the lead when I pitted. I caught them and retook the lead at the corner that leads back to the oval, only for them to re-pass me at the bus stop. I drew alongside going into T1 but couldn't complete the pass at the entry. Their worn tires gave them no grip on the exit however, and I took the lead for good before the International Horeshoe. I went on to win by 10s over the polesitting Nissan, good for 288 points.

Last edited:
I entered the last NA GT1 slot for the Nation's race with pretty low expectations, this 787B is a wild beast. Despite an out lap penalty I manage I start P2 on the grid with a 1:30.7. When the green flag drops the pole sitter spins immediately, probably from having the accelerator pinned at the top of 1st gear from the rolling start. I settle in in P2 after escaping Turn 1 melee and just make laps. On lap 6 the leader loops it on the exit of Turn 1 allowing me to take the lead and never look back. I ran consistent clean laps for the rest of the race and win by 5 seconds for 163 points. My third Nation's Cup win, happy to get it at Daytona since it's one of my favourite tracks.
Yeah well done to take the win!

That last slot was my only chance to race tonight after work and it was fairly rough due to the 919 in the mix and causing all sorts of carnage for most of the race. T1 got ugly and t2 wasn’t much better. Started p6 and was roughed up enough times to land me p13 at worst point and all said and done fought back to p7 by the end.

I was surprised to only see 14 on the grid at the start.

GL on the rest of the series.

PD really needs to have group c's, vgts and hybrids in their separate classes in the races. And even then group c has one slightly OP car (787B), hybrids have the massively OP car 919 hybrid. Vgts should be quite balanced I think. Yeah, this class needs balancing, but first they need to determine, if they try to balance all of gr1, or just balance within the 3 classes I mentioned. I feel like within is the only way really, old and powerful cars with less aero sounds difficult to balance against modern grippy hybrids.

The next race at trial mountain looks like fun :)

FnX3ZvZWYAABq8O
With these stupid midweek race times, I may have to take next Wednesday off so I can have a few runs in that awesome machine. Think I'll stick to starting from the back as well, it's quite fun to avoid the turn 1 mess and work my way through the field. Would barely be any higher up the grid anyway if I did do quali.

Citroen Saturday will be a struggle at the NGP, but I'm competing in GT3 for that series so maybe I can keep the wideboy up with the lead pack.

Getting rammed by every single hybrid driver was annoying.
I had a 919 in my lobby and I saw them punt a 787b off the track.

So who is right and who is wrong on this situation?
787b driver - my braking point is at the 150 board. The hybrid driver braked way to late, and punted me and they didn’t account for my braking mark as I have to brake early.

Hybrid driver - my car can brake at the 100 board. Well I hit my normal braking point, but the 787b braked way too early.

Saw YTers at the Le Mans race the other week complaining the GrC are braking too early, yet this race these same YTers now complaining the hybrid cars are braking too late.

787b driver - my braking point is at the 150 board. The hybrid driver braked way to late, and punted me and they didn’t account for my braking mark as I have to brake early.

Hybrid driver - my car can brake at the 100 board. Well I hit my normal braking point, but the 787b braked way too early.

Saw YTers at the Le Mans race the other week complaining the GrC are braking too early, yet this race these same YTers now complaining the hybrid cars are braking too late.
If the hybrid is behind they need to adjust and react to the cars ahead. Can't just brake at your own point regardless of what's ahead - unless you are AI.

There was a 919 (and a Toyota hybrid) in my race, it would catch me up through the infield every lap and then disappear off my radar on the way to the bus stop. Was quite amusing seeing it recede into the distance. They could probably have punted me off at several corners but drove clean and braked around where I was.

Yesterday's Nations was so much fun. I love love love this combo. Admittedly, I am pretty strong here (not alien, but it's a good combo for me). I did four of them yesterday. I love this format so much and it really shows what GT can be: the pre-race quali (which needs a little work which I'll complain about later, but I won't go there now), starting in the day, going to night transition, finishing at dusk; strat required with a pit stop for new tires (but fuel management not an issue) where the tires would last 13 laps if you want to try and over/under-cut; all capped off with these monster GrC cars at the best track in the game. Virtually perfect! I wish this was Daily D.

The first one I did on my primary account and got a win! It wasn't a super strong lobby, but a handful of A+ and A drivers. Of course I used the 787B. Regardless, you still have to drive really well and not bin it for 24 laps. I think this is my first Nations/Manu win on my A+ account and it felt pretty damn good.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230125144918.jpg

217d075d71644580dfe951af3d1734e5_photo.webp

f98b0843050392813340f979190e361c_photo.webp

7ab977678c795f0b6e21e481f1697fb8_photo.webp

Then I did three races on my 2 account because I wanted to use the R92. Not that it matters now, but this car can absolutely compete. My best lap in the 787B was a 1:28.762 and my best lap in the R92 was 1:28.81X. I even hit a 1:28.9 in the race with no slip! I got two Wins and a P2 (got screwed in quali). Tire wear was about the same as the 787B, but it was a little more thirsty. However, fuel management was not an issue you'd just finish with less. I'd finish with between 1%-4% but running lean mix 1 the and revving the **** out of it, so good to go.

78edeaa3c58201bcccd085dc8f53fb36_photo.webp

I mean, come on. Look at this! Beautiful.
4a3ec70055e03b6181d75be9fb0ecbdb_photo.webp

81a39b24224b73f034749be9c6d4b434_photo.webp

a2e3c92c47623d99c055391911556b88_photo.webp

I am so bummed this combo is gone but pretty stoked I got to do it four times when I didn't think even once would be possible. Thanks to some bad weather, evening plans got cancelled so it was a GT evening.

Nothing. But, the cool thing about Manu is you need to pick something that is good at all the tracks with their respective cars. So you need to pick something where that Manu is strong at all of the races. On my primary account, I picked Jag; on my second account, I picked Ford. Last round I picked Mitsubishi as the Evo Gr3 and Gr4 car is pretty good. Admittedly, I am kinda tired of the GTR and I don't like the Gr4 GTR so I avoid Nissan (though I have picked them in the past).

That being said, Nissan is probably the overall best Manu in the game so there will likely be a lot of them. The GTR is strong at Nurb, Croix, and Fuji. The flip side of that is the Porsche is the best car at Nurb, but the Gr4 Cayman isn't very good so I bet we don't see too many Porsches at Nurb (unless someone just skips the Gr4 race which is highly probable, the point may be moot).

I’m not gonna lie, I have no idea what these races are about. I think participation may be low because a lot of people like me have no clue what’s going on, and PD doesn’t do much in the way of explaining the events for people who don’t already know. I think they are counting on familiarity with players who’ve been doing this for a while, but as a new GT player I have no sense of what the point is.

Many of you know me by now and know I love this game, so I don’t mean to say these events are pointless. I just have no grasp on what these events are. I checked them out last year very briefly as I was trying to get acclimated to the game. I couldn’t tell if they are different from the dailies or not, and why. And the multiple events over months aren’t really explained except for “here are the dates.” And then the World Series just happened and I still don’t have any idea if that’s related to these events or not. Seriously. I’m not trying to be obtuse, and I tried to figure it out through the game’s links, but there isn’t a general overview or explanation that I could find.

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I figure if I try to figure out what’s going on and I can’t even find an explanation, then it makes me feel like these events aren’t intended for me. It feels more like I stumbled into someone else’s private league and not a series of events open to the public.

Just a few observations from a newbie who wanted to participate but can’t figure it out. PD isn’t helping itself here.
I didn't know what they were about until somewhat recently either. But, these are the best races GT has to offer and if you're not doing them (or at least one) you're missing out. You are right that there could be more/better explanations... but just sign up and run with it. Not hard to get the gist by literally doing one. Honestly, I think you need to go the other way and dive head first!

Basically - and anyone out there correct me if I am wrong on any of this - they're kinda the same as a daily race. You're racing against other people online who are close in rating to you (I've found these races that everyone is... ie, no A+ to C rated drivers in the same race). You jump into a slot when you can. There is a free practice (if you get there in time), a pre-race quali before every race in which you have like 5 mins to set your best lap. Then, you race based on the criteria. The races are typically longer than even Daily C, there is often some strat involved, and sometimes dynamic weather as well (last Manu Spa had rain to dry and this Manu's Fuji is supposed to be wet as well). When the race is over you get X amount of points (DR and SR are typically effected as well).

I still don't really get the point of the points, but likely just bragging rights unless you're top tier alien they may help you join the GTWS or something? Your points are purely based on your rating and who you beat. Meaning, you can finish P1 in a race and earn, say, 200 points. Do the race again with stronger opponents, finish P3 and get 220 points. Where it gets kinda odd is if you do the same race three times, only you last point paying finish will count. That's why you'll see some streamers have a great race, get 350 points, and not want to do any more of that race. Then, only your top points of ALL THREE races is counted in the end. So if you earn 200, 175, and 210 points in the three races respectfully, you're total will be 210. If you're in a super high rank A+ lobby, high 300s low 400s points is possible for one race. B rank lobby, usually it's like 75-125 for a win.

If the points are important to you, you need to be strategic. If you don't care (like me) do the race as many times as you want and who cares if your points drop because of it.

I will say the racing in these Manu/Nations races is usually WAY cleaner than a random Daily. Jump in there man! The next one is Manu at Nurb which was just a daily so grab that Porsche and go for it. Even if that's the only Manu you do, at least you'll have a better idea. And, like I said, these races are so much fun! Do it @Bullwinkle !

Last edited:

The car behind will always be at fault. If you can't adjust your driving and try to go through another car instead of using your superior braking and corner speed to go around the outside you're a poor racer.

@Bullwinkle as well as what others have said, I'll add that compared to GT Sport they seem to have these race series taking place more often and I'm increasingly thinking that they are trying to offer a more competitive and varied option to the daily race system online.

As for my experience at Nations yesterday, jumped in with my 787, of course. 12pm slot after briefly checking Rory's stream to double check what I assumed would be a RM12/RM12 no fuel saving race.

I managed to qualify in 4th after 8 laps or so of practice on what is one of my weakest circuits. I haven't been feeling too well this week so I suspected this might be my only attempt of the day before I succumbed to the lergy.

Chaos at the start, myself and the car in front both get caught by the dreaded wheelspin but we both just manage to save ourselves, losing a place in the process. Unfortunately he brakes too early into turn 1 and I plough into him and send him into the safety zone. After letting him rejoin, I'm second to last and carrying a justified 4 second penalty. All fine, really as it's early days and lots more will happen during the remainder of the lap.

The rest of the race is fairly predictable, once everyone calms down I settle into 8th and I'm lapping quite consistently until a small track limit penalty, but on my out lap, which is a blessing.

Apparently some people were trying a no stop, or just the overcut, because I gain a couple of positions in my second stint and I spend the last 7 or 8 laps with a car both in front and behind by about 4 seconds each.

During the last few laps, the Spaniard in front bins it the Swede behind me closes the gap and eventually relieves me of my P7. My race got very inconsistent towards the end as my concentration levels dwindled almost as much as my tyres.

That's the name of the game really, I suppose!

Last edited:
Yeah well done to take the win!

That last slot was my only chance to race tonight after work and it was fairly rough due to the 919 in the mix and causing all sorts of carnage for most of the race. T1 got ugly and t2 wasn’t much better. Started p6 and was roughed up enough times to land me p13 at worst point and all said and done fought back to p7 by the end.

I was surprised to only see 14 on the grid at the start.

GL on the rest of the series.
Yeah that 919 was all over me for a lap or two in the infield near the start. I nearly bottled it myself on lap 1 when I ran wide exiting Turn 4, I managed to keep it pointed straight and not spin.

Because of your placement in the series. It's far easier to become top 10 for Citroen than for Nissan. Or Porsche

Mostly people sign up with a brand they either feel strongly for or really enjoy racing.

Because of your placement in the series. It's far easier to become top 10 for Citroen than for Nissan. Or Porsche

Mostly people sign up with a brand they either feel strongly for or really enjoy racing.
Does placement within the manufacturer count for anything? I mean, does being the top (only?!) Citroën driver mean anything if I’m finishing last? Is it just bragging rights?

They called me a madman....

1674768903079.png

Because no other person is stupid enough to be the fastest using the mighty RB engine! 😂

Joking aside, I just don't have the time to get enough testing in due to irl job and things going on, so have been able to get this time with the Nissan GT500 '99, I couldn't get a clean lap in with the GTR GT3 '18 but will attempt again tomorrow and should be mid 53's. Failing that I'll try the GTR '13 like everyone else is using, however, I feel that the '13 is the meta and didn't want to follow the crowd.

The '18 is well balanced I find, but I've been used to the GTR '99 since august last year and already know how to get (nearly) the most out of that car! (If you remember my race reports ofc) The trick with the old '99 model is to abuse the fact that it can be amazing on corner exits, but would be easier to understeer more into corners if you're not careful!

It's why I ended up not going with Porsche, my driving style utilises a great exit and despite the Porsche's stability on exit, I found it would understeer and wash out with my style.

How are other's finding their practice/setups/training/strat? I've not even been able to attempt a practice race yet so need to squeeze that in sat morning.

Back