Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,207 comments
Ran 2 slots today. 2pm and 3pm.

I stupidly realised too late that you could use softs for practice and qualy. So my slow leaderboard time was unrepresentative and that I'd be at a disadvantage in qualy. Despite that I put it P12 out of 15, not the worst result considering. A bit of chaos through T1 and the Mercedes section saw me up to P10 and on the back of P9 who had a 2 second penalty. They caused a little more chaos through RTL and into Warsteiner. I went around them and they pitted the Porsche in front which shoved it straight into my path. No ghost and the collision was inevitable. My car liked what the Porsche was doing and decided to go for a spin too. And again when I got back on track. So down to DFL and 7 seconds behind. I clawed some time back and noticed a few pit from softs maybe I could snatch a place or 2 from a 2nd stop or a pen. I pit on lap 7 to discard my hards. The mediums were better but the car couldn't dial them in and I suffered with understeer everywhere. I had a late battle with a Frenchman in a Supra who played it really clean. But in the end they bested me and I crossed in P14 with only quitters behind. However I gained a place due to a penalty. 30 odd measly points. Time to go again but grab some softs also.

I immediately took 1.5 seconds of my tt time and the car felt decent on softs. In qualy I got P9 this time. Same strat as before. I lost a place in T1 but also gained a place. The person who went past dived in and hit the Frenchman before. A 2 second penalty to them as I gained at the Frenchman's mistake. It was obviously an error as I went side by side out of the Dunlop hairpin and around the outside into the Schumacher S all with no issues from the Italian.
15f185ab527a522187c8f2e58a8e02cb_photo.webp

A lap later the Frenchman had caught back up and again we had a clean battle through many corners however the better confidence the Supra provides and the fact I have to play the kerbs are lava through the NGK meant they were always going to have me. Still it was good to have a clean battle in such an unpredictable car. The next lap and I messed up the Schumacher S and skirted over the gravel with a spin to boot. Lost a few places and was down to P12. I was still there when the pit stops shook out and with someone quitting ahead I wasn't able to close on the car ahead and came home P11. Wasn't the top 10 I was aiming for but this is not a track I traditionally do well on and I was unlikely to get a better result judging by these 2 races. So I took the points and am hoping for better results in the next 2 races.

Did a couple in the Ford GT LM II. Race was okay, not super fun if I'm honest. Basically burned out on Nurb since it's been a Daily C recently and the current TT track. Wish there was more of a strat involved and not requiring a specific set of tires. Where you could do RM + RM, maybe RS + RS + RS, maybe RH + RS. Who knows... would've made some things interesting.

ff3be3b01feb46755894d2bf69fb2e85_photo.webp

I am FUMING 😡 right now.

So did 2 morning slots and walked away as I didn’t have pace in the race. 3pm rolls on and I decided I can’t leave the racing now I did with a poor result.

3pm slot
Quali - managed to get a P10 slot but this time the matchmaking put me with drivers closely matching my skill I guess as the gaps to P1 was closer this time.
Race - same strat again hards then onto mediums to try and jump people at the stops. Start again good start clean through T1 and I get myself upto P9 now. Pit stop this time on lap 6 so I can push a bit harder on both tyres. Come out P12 but this where the dirty driving comes in.

Issue 1 (pink 911) - So person behind me was in the top 5 before they spun, so they follow behind me I defend a little until L9 they decide to send it. My view is i left them space on the inside, but braked to late and pushed to pass (p2p). They did slow down and let me pass which is fine all good. L10, this time I get a bad exit from the chicane and again I left space on the inside and again they braked too late and p2p but they carried on this time.

Issue 2 (GTR) - so this car is on hards and I’m medium. I catch up and L11 I make a great move to overtake at the chicane (my best ever overtake I think) and this was a clean pass. Lap 12 the GTR sends it into T1 I miss them, but heading into T2 they steering “right” (can be seen on wheel inputs) towards my car and not left towards the corner and basically pass me. T5 they make an error so I go round the outside and I do send it into T6 and to be fair, yeah that was probably a dirty move on my end.

Issue 3 (white/gold 911) - now to main issue and the dirty driver. So L12 the Porsche is while an overtake distance going into the chicane, but I defended and left them space with no contact. L13, going into T5, I’ve covered the inside i thought (but didn’t) and they try to send it again. Both get through and Im defending the line for next few corners. Again the Porsche tries to send it on the inside but they weren’t alongside enough to claim the corner and tap my rear. Into the chicane again I’ve got the line covered but the car from behind hits them so the Porsche decides to cut the chicane and overtake me. Now not sure if this a fair legitimate move seen as they got hit? L14 I make a move round the outside of T5 but they push me off into the grass. T6 I was alongside and corner was mine but again they try and squeeze me and they didn’t leave me space so a bit of bumping here. Final corner they dive up the inside a little contact but they decide that was dirty and tries to run me off the road. Final lap and the run down to T1 the Porsche just decided to punted me straight off! Full throttle into me. Now I thought I drove this cleanly and fairly, obviously the other person did not.

I had a P6 pretty much secured I think I’m that race but got destroyed by this clown.

I would like someone to critique my driving (can be bad or good) as I don’t feel like I was in the wrong at all this race (apart from the GTR inciden)

After this issue i jumped back in again to another race.
Quali - P15. Awful laps.
Race - Hard tyres again. Got a great start with a few places made and upto P11. From then nothing much happened was fairly clean until the pit stop. L7 on the mediums and out in P10. After a few mistakes from others and a few overtaking me I finished up in P10.
Got my points up to 70 I think, so not bad but could have been 96 if I had finished P6 in the race before.

Well, it's been a very long time since I've been able to play this game, let alone have enough time to practice for a ... what I guess we're calling a GTWS race now? Anyway...

It's been so long since I played that I have no idea what the better cars are these days so I just went with my trusty old Jag because with my DR so low the car choice doesn't mean a whole lot anyway.

I've had a week or so to get back in the groove and put in some practice. As of this morning I felt pretty good about my practice times and saw that there seems to be a race slot every hour on the hour all day long, so I just entered the next available slot. 10am MST, I think.

Qualy went fairly well. I could tell right away I was quicker than most of the lobby. The guy in front of me during my out lap gets real squirrelly and wide coming out of the final chicane, so I push past him before the final corner and get clean air for my flying laps. I finish with decent times for me, I think all things considered and start P6.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230128101158.jpg

Then the race starts just about as well to be expected: I get an overtake done and the inside line for T1 only to be divebombed and spun by an Aston from far back on the grid. I regain control and rejoin now in P13. I get too aggressive trying to make up ground going into the hairpin before the Schumacher S and stick my nose in where it shouldn't have been. I catch the tail of the car in front of me, lose the car for a moment and get tagged from behind, going into another full spin. This time I come out dead last.

I chastise myself for being impatient and stupid, put my head down and try to make up as much ground as I can. My first impression was right and I am much faster than the back half of the grid. I make up time in chunks each lap in addition to several people binning it. At one point, two people are fighting and banging so hard going into the final chicane that I pass both of them coming out of it. That felt pretty nifty.

I stick with my pre-race strategy of 7H/8M and undercut several people going long on the hards. I'm able to make a couple more passes on people that switched to hards after their pitstop and actually work myself back up to P6 by lap 9 or 10. But then I do get rather rudely pushed aside by a Brazilian in a Lambo that had binned it at some point but he's clearly a few tenths faster than me so I just follow him the best I can and we pull away from the rest of the midfield.

Turns out he's faster than me because he's on softs. Both he and the guy that crossed the finish in P2 never used the hards, so I gain two places and end up P5. I figure my chances of finishing better than that are pretty remote so I take the top 5 finish and run. It amazes me that there's still people that haven't figure out tire requirements for these races.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230128104552.jpg

What a great first race! Joined the final slot and qualified 5th on RS tyres, the only time I would touch them though. My strat was to stick to the Mediums and Hard for the race because they were the only ones required and there isn't the time for a 2 stopper to work.

Started on RM because of the position, just high enough to justify it, and the sky looked very dark so maybe the first session would be the shorter of the two if it rained. Nothing on the radar but it changes quick. In the UK if it looks like rain, it will rain.

After the first corner carnage I managed to get through unscathed (thanks to missiles being ghosted) and into 4th. I found the Genesis slow turning through the initial complex, but it has the power to really take advantage of the second and third sectors. It felt nice through the Schumacher S, I liked how we could grab a bit of kerb on the right without getting a penalty. Theres the usual odd limits here, like out of T4 especially going wide, and I had various cheeky interpretations of the line through the final chicane with a clean race at the end.

No rain showed and it was the clean consistent driving that saw me stay in the top half, only falling to 7th when I pitted lap 8 to change Mediums to Hard, pleased that I had got as much as I could out of them. Another driver in an RSR had been behind for a bit before I pitted and returned to keep me honest. I felt my concentration going, it's been a long day, it's dark outside, I started to miss braking points, the gap closed to around 1 to 1.5 seconds and I was one bad corner away from letting them into my slipstream.

"Oh well, even if I come 5th or 6th, I've still done well" I thought. Then I thought - "No, If you start giving up places in your mind the battle is already lost. You are faster, you can stay ahead". I willed myself to sharpen up and started really pushing it driving on worn Hard tyres but setting some of my fastest lap times that race, no longer playing it safe, trail braking, late braking, getting on the power as early as possible out of every corner but the RSR was still not fast enough to shake, every time I pulled a small lead in one section they pulled it back somewhere else. Eventually I I could see they were missing braking points, and struggling with the tyres on their car too and realised I had it, they would never be able to pass, I just had to avoid an off. There was a certain point in the closing laps too where I could tell they were just driving to finish and no longer tasted blood and expecting to take my place.

I managed to keep it together in those tense final 2-3 laps which resulted in 4th. After the minute long penalties for the brave but foolish warriors who went all out on just softs it became a 2nd place for me, 10sec behind the leader which is way better than I expected, an excellent start and a lot of fun!

185fa14888474-screenshotUrl.jpg

Ran two afternoon slots and ended up in top split both times, which basically kills any chance of a great result for me. My Qualy pace was terrible and I started 12th toa finish 7th. Race pace was decent!
247 points for that P7 in a season I'm not really too keen on tryharding.

Unless they do something about Gr4 BoP, this will probably be the end of the season for me as I may not be able to do the Fuji round.

One driver caused an immense amount of drama

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a couple in the Ford GT LM II. Race was okay, not super fun if I'm honest. Basically burned out on Nurb since it's been a Daily C recently and the current TT track. Wish there was more of a strat involved and not requiring a specific set of tires. Where you could do RM + RM, maybe RS + RS + RS, maybe RH + RS. Who knows... would've made some things interesting.

ff3be3b01feb46755894d2bf69fb2e85_photo.webp
I took your advice and gave it a shot today. Overall not bad, but I agree with you: there is one strategy and I wish there was a little more creativity. This basically felt like an extra long Daily Race C.
Had unexpected time to run s slot at 1600 CET.
At the last Qlap I unfortunately find myself in pole position.
I never do well in pole....
Well, at the end of lap 1 I was in 4th (2 of the ones passing me where on softs, but I didn't know that.the third was on a two stop strategy, didn't know that either)

Well, anyway I went to pit on lap 9, as my lap times where :59.8 and that's about the same I could do in hards.
Stayed as P3 until lap 15 when a driver in a Porsche on mediums chose to drive right up to my bumper at the braking zone, in spite of him having gained 1 second on me on lap 14. He would probably have passed me cleanly at the chikane or at the last lap but no.
I wrote in chat after the race "why would you be willing to be dirty over 2 points?"
Especially in a C/S lobby where the points mean nothing but the race means everything.
His answer? You broke too early....

I looked at the replay and he wasn't deliberately dirty. He was simply a really really low skilled racer who can't read the race at all
He was in a 911 on mediums, I was in the AMG on hards....
Well, here he is, the guy that made my one race pointless

[video]

I hear ya! After everyone’s encouragement I joined my first race today. I had done lobbies last night and practiced this morning and got into a 4:00 slot. I’m an A/S driver and found myself surrounded by A/A, B/A and B/B drivers?! What the…?! It went as you’d expect: a punt-fest at T1-4, and nothing but horrible sportsmanship all race. I finished P-whatever and nearly didn’t do another one because this was the worst trash I’ve had to drive with in months! This was NOT championship-caliber racing.

I decided to do another couple races and they ended out being A/S lobbies and went much, much better. I still don’t know how I got into that first horrible lobby. I finished P9 and P4 in the next two.

That last race had a guy harrying me as I came out of the pits on Lap 13, and he eventually got tired of following and rammed me out of the way at T3 on the next lap. He took a squirrel tangle on T4 so I hit him back and took my spot back. It was an impulsive move in my part, but I’ve just had it with unpenalized driving by people who should know better! I was ahead by a second but was expecting him to torpedo me at the chicane, so naturally I clubbed it and he got the P3 that he was humming for. I nearly overtook him at the finish line and almost edged him into the gravel to do it, but I came to my senses and let him have it. I deserved to lose the spot after losing my cool. Otherwise, it was a great race.

But it was just BORING! I was hoping for some real strategy. Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I took your advice and gave it a shot today. Overall not bad, but I agree with you: there is one strategy and I wish there was a little more creativity. This basically felt like an extra long Daily Race C.

I hear ya! After everyone’s encouragement I joined my first race today. I had done lobbies last night and practiced this morning and got into a 4:00 slot. I’m an A/S driver and found myself surrounded by A/A, B/A and B/B drivers?! What the…?! It went as you’d expect: a punt-fest at T1-4, and nothing but horrible sportsmanship all race. I finished P-whatever and nearly didn’t do another one because this was the worst trash I’ve had to drive with in months! This was NOT championship-caliber racing.

I decided to do another couple races and they ended out being A/S lobbies and went much, much better. I still don’t know how I got into that first horrible lobby. I finished P9 and P4 in the next two.

That last race had a guy harrying me as I came out of the pits on Lap 13, and he eventually got tired of following and rammed me out of the way at T3 on the next lap. He took a squirrel tangle on T4 so I hit him back and took my spot back. It was an impulsive move in my part, but I’ve just had it with unpenalized driving by people who should know better! I was ahead by a second but was expecting him to torpedo me at the chicane, so naturally I clubbed it and he got the P3 that he was humming for. I nearly overtook him at the finish line and almost edged him into the gravel to do it, but I came to my senses and let him have it. I deserved to lose the spot after losing my cool. Otherwise, it was a great race.

But it was just BORING! I was hoping for some real strategy. Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
Sorry to hear you were having run ins with similar morons like plenty of us, but it isn't always like that. And usually once it's an official season there's a few races with real strategy options. I just like having anothet different combo as well as the pressure of qualifying for that race being only on that lobby.

Welcome to the crowd and hopefully you see some combos that strike your fancy as fun ones to run.

I am FUMING 😡 right now.

So did 2 morning slots and walked away as I didn’t have pace in the race. 3pm rolls on and I decided I can’t leave the racing now I did with a poor result.

3pm slot
Quali - managed to get a P10 slot but this time the matchmaking put me with drivers closely matching my skill I guess as the gaps to P1 was closer this time.
Race - same strat again hards then onto mediums to try and jump people at the stops. Start again good start clean through T1 and I get myself upto P9 now. Pit stop this time on lap 6 so I can push a bit harder on both tyres. Come out P12 but this where the dirty driving comes in.

Issue 1 (pink 911) - So person behind me was in the top 5 before they spun, so they follow behind me I defend a little until L9 they decide to send it. My view is i left them space on the inside, but braked to late and pushed to pass (p2p). They did slow down and let me pass which is fine all good. L10, this time I get a bad exit from the chicane and again I left space on the inside and again they braked too late and p2p but they carried on this time.

Issue 2 (GTR) - so this car is on hards and I’m medium. I catch up and L11 I make a great move to overtake at the chicane (my best ever overtake I think) and this was a clean pass. Lap 12 the GTR sends it into T1 I miss them, but heading into T2 they steering “right” (can be seen on wheel inputs) towards my car and not left towards the corner and basically pass me. T5 they make an error so I go round the outside and I do send it into T6 and to be fair, yeah that was probably a dirty move on my end.

Issue 3 (white/gold 911) - now to main issue and the dirty driver. So L12 the Porsche is while an overtake distance going into the chicane, but I defended and left them space with no contact. L13, going into T5, I’ve covered the inside i thought (but didn’t) and they try to send it again. Both get through and Im defending the line for next few corners. Again the Porsche tries to send it on the inside but they weren’t alongside enough to claim the corner and tap my rear. Into the chicane again I’ve got the line covered but the car from behind hits them so the Porsche decides to cut the chicane and overtake me. Now not sure if this a fair legitimate move seen as they got hit? L14 I make a move round the outside of T5 but they push me off into the grass. T6 I was alongside and corner was mine but again they try and squeeze me and they didn’t leave me space so a bit of bumping here. Final corner they dive up the inside a little contact but they decide that was dirty and tries to run me off the road. Final lap and the run down to T1 the Porsche just decided to punted me straight off! Full throttle into me. Now I thought I drove this cleanly and fairly, obviously the other person did not.

I had a P6 pretty much secured I think I’m that race but got destroyed by this clown.

I would like someone to critique my driving (can be bad or good) as I don’t feel like I was in the wrong at all this race (apart from the GTR inciden)

After this issue i jumped back in again to another race.
Quali - P15. Awful laps.
Race - Hard tyres again. Got a great start with a few places made and upto P11. From then nothing much happened was fairly clean until the pit stop. L7 on the mediums and out in P10. After a few mistakes from others and a few overtaking me I finished up in P10.
Got my points up to 70 I think, so not bad but could have been 96 if I had finished P6 in the race before.

Nothing doing with the first 2 drivers.
The other 911 though. Again all looks ok until the chicane where he is bumped ahead of you. He should have given that back. He would be expected to in real life. He just looks like a cheater otherwise. Then he bins you. Probably frustrated his move never came off and lots of cars got past. Just uncalled for and I'm sorry you found a looser like that.

The mid-race pauses on PS4 are absolutely destroying the game. 3 times in a row at Le Mans the result has been affected by untimely pauses at key places.

How have PD not patched this already? Wake up you dunces.

The mid-race pauses on PS4 are absolutely destroying the game. 3 times in a row at Le Mans the result has been affected by untimely pauses at key places.

How have PD not patched this already? Wake up you dunces.
They don’t care about PS4 players.

Honestly, this probably wasn't the best of them to do your first time. I only say that for the very reasons we already discussed: boring track (or at least, way over done the past couple of weeks) & no real strat. Since this is the only one you've done, most are more exciting IMO.

All that aside, though. What did you think of the format itself? I love it personally. 15 mins of practice, 5 mins+ of quali per race, and off we go with a race that's usually ~150% that of a Daily C.

Also, like any other online race, the quality of it is contingent on the people you're racing with. I will say that typically the WS races are cleaner and better than the dailies, but all it takes is one **** to ruin it. And, just like any other race, the higher your DR/SR, the less likely hood of getting dirty drivers. But, I will say... you have some bad luck man. I've seen it first hand.

When I did the last Manu on my main account, I had this guy starting right behind me. If you're unfamiliar, he's a YT streamer (who isn't these days?!) and his content is pretty good IMO. So, check it out and sub if you want. Anyway, I know he races clean and knows what he is doing so I was not concerned at all. Sure enough, everyone made it through T1 and the first lap without any issue.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230125154704.jpg

Meanwhile, when I was doing some of these on my 2 account, I think I got hit into T1 every time. None were malicious, but still. The worst one dropped my about 4 places and the guy who did it didn't wait. Matters none as I passed him back anyway and dropped him like a bad habit (even in the R92 lol). Another time there was some light contact into T1 ( like a push-to-pass type of thing). I ended up passing him back going into the bus stop and I think he backed out of it knowing he was in the wrong before. Even apologized after the race. No biggie, fair play.

Last edited:
Honestly, this probably wasn't the best of them to do your first time. I only say that for the very reasons we already discussed: boring track (or at least, way over done the past couple of weeks) & no real strat. Since this is the only one you've done, most are more exciting IMO.

All that aside, though. What did you think of the format itself? I love it personally. 15 mins of practice, 5 mins+ of quali per race, and off we go with a race that's usually ~150% that of a Daily C.

Also, like any other online race, the quality of it is contingent on the people you're racing with. I will say that typically the WS races are cleaner and better than the dailies, but all it takes is one **** to ruin it. And, just like any other race, the higher your DR/SR, the less likely hood of getting dirty drivers. But, I will say... you have some bad luck man. I've seen it first hand.

When I did the last Manu on my main account, I had this guy starting right behind me. If you're unfamiliar, he's a YT streamer (who isn't these days?!) and his content is pretty good IMO. So, check it out and sub if you want. Anyway, I know he races clean and knows what he is doing so I was not concerned at all. Sure enough, everyone made it through T1 and the first lap without any issue.

View attachment 1226852

Meanwhile, when I was doing some of these on my 2 account, I think I got hit into T1 every time. None were malicious, but still. The worst one dropped my about 4 places and the guy who did it didn't wait. Matters none as I passed him back anyway and dropped him like a bad habit (even in the R92 lol). Another time there was some light contact into T1 ( like a push-to-pass type of thing). I ended up passing him back going into the bus stop and I think he backed out of it knowing he was in the wrong before. Even apologized after the race. No biggie, fair play.
I love love love the format! The qualification phase is awesome. I actually led the lobby for two qualification laps on my last run last night! Feeling like I could actually have a shot to lead was awesome. I had the fastest lap for a while and eventually started P4, but it was fun to watch the placement unfold. That alone made it worth it.

I can’t understand why I got stuck with B/B drivers yesterday in my first try. That’s just plain offensive! When I mentioned it in the next A/S lobby they were equally alarmed. The difference in the quality of racing was night and day. I think I must have caught people in their lunch breaks or something.

I’m genuinely excited to see some other events. This is a nice change for me because I feel like I’ve been grinding out daily races lately with zero joy.

I had some guy dive right into T1 in my second “better” lobby, and it really alarmed me. He shoved right through everyone. Then he parked in the middle of P2 so I booted him. I felt a bit bad for a moment, but after his antics I decided not to wait for him. He was right behind me for half a lap but then fell back off my board. I suspect he was doing the same garbage to other people and getting the same results because he eventually quit.

When a similar thing happened in my final race (I wrote about it earlier) I had mixed feelings about losing my podium spot, but I think I’m the end it was all for the best. I wish he hadn’t been trying to dive on me at every corner because of he had been patient he would have been able to pass me as I was on RH and he was RM. I want to be fair and clean, but sometimes people need to know when they’ve crossed a line, and I’m not wasting time to text in the middle of a race.

Anyway, I learned a ton from these last two races, which you said I would. So thank you, sir, for your suggestions!
Update: It's going well. 4 wheel liftoff achieved.

6b08daabffd6a132ee695e4e2a4241cb_photo.jpg
Did you hit a groundhog or something?!

Last edited:
2022/2023 Exhibition Season 2
Manufacturer's Cup - Round 1
Nurburgring GP - Group 3
A+/S Lobby

After praciticing all week I have come to conclude, I'm just not great around this track. Not from lack of effort, I just can't seem to get to grips with it. Expectations were pretty low for this race but I did enjoy the racing when you had a medium vs hard tire showdown late in the race. Very hard to pass here so you really had to figure out/set up a pass. To me, that's the fun part of racing.

Afternoon Session - Slot 1
It was a topish split lobby, not sure if everyone went earlier or it was actually a 2nd split, but we had some guys that I usually see when I get thrust in a lobby with the tip of the spear fellas. So, expectations went from low to lower. LOL. I did OK qualifying, putting the 2013 GTR into 10th on the grid with a 1:54.0xx qualifying time. Not my best, but not terrible for me. Since I raced all week, I was going to use the 5H 10M strat. I'd let anyone starting on Mediums waste their fast laps battling and then I'd try to get an undercut coming out on lap 6 with fresh mediums. Knowing how hard it is to pass, I figured I could hold off a hard charger the last lap or 2 if needed.

I quickly moved up 3 spots, two of those due to errors of others and the third I managed to get past @Spider-Racer 's buddy Smy....I was honestly shocked he didn't murder me on the pass. I definitely had my eye on my rear view mirror unitl I had buit enough of a safety gap. I then pulled another spot on a mistake where I think the car had damage and another spot I got due to a 3 second pit lane violation. With the laps counting down I ran down p4 and missed moving up 6 spots by only a tenth or so. Great consistent laps and a good strat picked me up 5 spots from p10 to p5. 258 points and time left to make a video! LOL. Good fun for a track I really don't mesh with.

I can’t understand why I got stuck with B/B drivers yesterday in my first try. That’s just plain offensive! the
Assuming that matchmaking is the same as it was in GT Sport, it is probably because your SR fell below 90/100. In GTS SR-S was from 80 to 100, with "top split SR" being 90 to 100.

But because we can't see the DR and SR statistics like we could in GTS (thanks to Kudosprime) it's hard to say for sure. But that would be my guess why you, as an A/S driver, would find yourself in a "lower" lobby.

Assuming that matchmaking is the same as it was in GT Sport, it is probably because your SR fell below 90/100. In GTS SR-S was from 80 to 100, with "top split SR" being 90 to 100.

But because we can't see the DR and SR statistics like we could in GTS (thanks to Kudosprime) it's hard to say for sure. But that would be my guess why you, as an A/S driver, would find yourself in a "lower" lobby.
I just don’t understand the matching anymore. I thought it was supposed to be according to SR first, and DR next. I’d rather race with B/S drivers than A/A because of sportsmanship. I think S rated drivers deserve that in these events. I don’t think I had any business being with B/B drivers in a so-called championship series. Sure my SR may be low S after a couple of dirty weeks of Dailies, but to reward clean driving in a serious competition by putting me with trash is just . . . I said “offensive” but it’s also just a really bad arrangement. I hope maybe it was low participation after the midday break and they had trouble filling the lobby properly. Otherwise I don’t know what they were thinking.

Sometimes you forget just how far from the aliens you really are. My practice times for next weeks Manufacturers (admittedly on a track on which I mightily suck) are 12 SECONDS behind the leaders in the same car.

sad monty python and the holy grail GIF

May have to skip this round. Looks boring anyway with no strategy whatsoever.

I love love love the format! The qualification phase is awesome. I actually led the lobby for two qualification laps on my last run last night! Feeling like I could actually have a shot to lead was awesome. I had the fastest lap for a while and eventually started P4, but it was fun to watch the placement unfold. That alone made it worth it.
Good to hear to hear you enjoyed it. Like you say, the way it works with quali and the race for me just makes it more interesting then daily races. Also the fact it’s only on for one day only, too just makes it more interestin. Daily races can boring after a little while.

I can’t understand why I got stuck with B/B drivers yesterday in my first try. That’s just plain offensive! When I mentioned it in the next A/S lobby they were equally alarmed. The difference in the quality of racing was night and day. I think I must have caught people in their lunch breaks or something.
So as for your match making I can I only assume a few things have happen here.
1. Slot time - on Wednesday I raced in the Nation Cup at 11am and I was mixed in with DR A & B player as most player are either at school/college or work.
2. If it is a later slot I.e the last 2 slots of the day, then player numbers do drop. As people race and pick up decent results they will then not enter as they will lose the points for the last race. If I had held on to my P6 on Saturday I would have taken that result and walked away.

I’m genuinely excited to see some other events. This is a nice change for me because I feel like I’ve been grinding out daily races lately with zero joy.
The events for these are pretty decent. You always have some strat involved. The exhibition season so far seems to have followed similar daily races.

Season 1 we had
Deep Forest Reverse - Gr3 - Same race as the Daily A back in November. 18laps, RH & RS mandatory x4 wear and x3 fuel. Not a bad race this as you both tyre and fuel involved
Atlanta RC - Gr4 - 16 laps, x7 fuel. Fuel save race or flat out and pit.
Autopolis - Gr3 - 16 laps, x5 tyre RH & RM mandatory and x2 fuel. This was tyre stop.

Season 2 obviously we had a copy of the Daily race from the other week at NGP but a few more laps.

These are the official races we did last year. Gives you an idea of what to expect this year
Manufacture
Season 1 - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8695115.html
Season 2 - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_4828408.html

Nations
Season 1 - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8621113.html
Season 2 - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_5040604.html

Sometimes you forget just how far from the aliens you really are. My practice times for next weeks Manufacturers (admittedly on a track on which I mightily suck) are 12 SECONDS behind the leaders in the same car.

sad monty python and the holy grail GIF

May have to skip this round. Looks boring anyway with no strategy whatsoever.
A few factors in this.
1) It's a long track. That extends the times to the aliens as there are naturally more corners and braking zones to navigate. This is where I assume they are better and faster than me. Something like the Nurb on GTS had me well over half a minute away.
2) It's unfamiliar. It doesn't crop up that often and thus you are still likely relearning it including where your car has it's strengths on the track.
3) Practice. Not sure how many laps you have done but I'm sure you can get that time down a bit.

A few factors in this.
1) It's a long track. That extends the times to the aliens as there are naturally more corners and braking zones to navigate. This is where I assume they are better and faster than me. Something like the Nurb on GTS had me well over half a minute away.
2) It's unfamiliar. It doesn't crop up that often and thus you are still likely relearning it including where your car has it's strengths on the track.
3) Practice. Not sure how many laps you have done but I'm sure you can get that time down a bit.
Yeah, I will stick with it during the week and see if I can find some time.
Qualification will be a laugh - despite the long lap they've only added a minute to the session time. May be a single lap shootout.

Is there any way of finding out what the time of day/weather is on these races? I want to set up a custom race for Manufacturers matching the same weather/time etc of Saturdays race.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back