Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,201 comments
I am waiting to get home from work and do Sardegna Gr2. By coincidence, I always grind Sardegna with CLK. Any suggestion about which tire combo seems best? Hard then medium? Or medium then hard? Logically I would have gone hard to medium but reading posts here (thank you everyone for posting their experience), I think I better start on medium to avoid getting hit from behind during braking.

I am waiting to get home from work and do Sardegna Gr2. By coincidence, I always grind Sardegna with CLK. Any suggestion about which tire combo seems best? Hard then medium? Or medium then hard? Logically I would have gone hard to medium but reading posts here (thank you everyone for posting their experience), I think I better start on medium to avoid getting hit from behind during braking.

Yeah, those on hards at the start were really struggling. Dumb luck whether you make it through those first couple of laps without crashing or getting shunted. If you can survive and hang on to the medium runners, it’s the optimal strategy, but I prefer the initial grip.

I’m generally quite easy on the tyres, managed 10M without too much trouble at the end of the stint, which minimises your hard laps.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Nations at Sardegna tonight using the CLK (of course). Surprised myself with a Q5 and started on the hards and did an 11H, 9M strategy. Pretty much just on pace, I brought it home in P3 for 156 points in my GT1 low A/S lobby. 6 seconds clear of 4th and 4 seconds behind 2nd. The leader clubbed seals and finished some 15 seconds up the road.

Seemed mostly clean out there, although another Canadian in the room garnered quite a bit of negative chat in the post-race lobby, but he had left immediately after the flag flew.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230315194952.jpg

Ran this on my alt because I treat Nations like a daily race lol.
Q6 to P3 in the 7pm top split CSA today in Nations and another 300 score for the collection!! Kind of an emptied top split, but still...survival race.I made three positions just by keeping it on track. Super happy with that !! Livery by the talented @Racerx_34

I plan on editing a video of it over the next few days

186e7786aa688-screenshotUrl.jpg
186e7a39ddd5-screenshotUrl.jpg
186e7a379b472-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
My first attempt today found me Q3 to start! Wow, nice surprise! I started on RM to try to get a launch ahead of the crowd. And then got dive-bombed in T1. Oh well, down to P5. But then got hit by a guy who spun out at the last turn, left the track, came back on the track and hit me. He was so angry that I was there to be hit that he knocked me off the track at that kink before the front straight. Down to last place. I struggled for 17 more laps to try to not finish last, only to pass that jackhole again after he spun off the track, again, and who then punted me at the chicane because, I don’t know, I guess because I was there. I finished P-last, whatever it was. Ugh! Nearly dropped me down to B/S. I’m not sure if I would have still run in the A lobbies after that, but I decided to try it again.

This time was a faster lobby so I qualified Q9. Because I was farther back I started on RH this time. I lost a couple spots but then worked my way up over the next several laps and by the time I got ten laps in I switched over to RM and found myself in a good fight for P4. It didn’t work out for me because I’m not fast enough and still learning how to fight in crowds, but I finished P6 after some great racing.

Barely hanging on the A/S for Saturday. I’m curious what happens when I get blasted the next couple days and drop down to B. Anyway, not a bad day in the end!

I forgot it was race night,been playing American Truck Simulator for the last few days.
When i jumped in the CLK it felt like i was being shot out of a rocket,lol.
I do like the car and track,only qualified 6th though,lost it on the 3rd lap.
Got into 4th rather soon but got squeezed off track and back to 5th,just kept it going though,came out of pit in 4th right behind the top 3,one lost it ,one pitted and the leader went to deep in a corner and that was my moment to take the lead and a nice victory!
FrTYGVQWAAIzqin

@Bullwinkle was I in the jackhole race with you or your second attempt? Either way I was pretty sure that was you I saw out there, but didn't realize your PSN wasn't your name here. I didn't save or watch the replay but there was a lot of chatter at the end.

Had a weird event today. It was basically plot of F1 Indianapolis 2005.

Lobby: Started at 5pm. There was a guy who was not able to join so we kept waiting. And waiting. Folks started messaging the stuck guy both in GT7 and on PSN but no response. People slowly started dropping out.

Qualifying: The stuck guy finally left at 5:25pm! Qualifying starts. Only 8 people left, including me. I kept blundering every lap during first half. I pitted at 5min mark and came out to set the pole by 0.048 seconds!
IMG_6288.JPG

Race: More guys dropped out in qualifying. We are now 5. More like 3 because the other 2 cars were not CLKs, meaning they were more like GT2.5 class. We start with F1 Indianapolis 2005-sque grid. Only two CLKs, including me, start on mediums.
IMG_6285.JPG

I braked too early on first corner, got alongside hard-tire-starting CLK before emerging ahead thanks to higher exit speed on mediums. The only piece of action I saw the whole race.
IMG_6286.JPG

Lap 9: Throughout the race, I kept telling myself- don't be nervous, pretend it is your usual Sardegna grind. I maintained constant 3 seconds from the other medium-CLK. I pit at end of lap 9 for hards after my left front tire is almost gone. The other CLK pit at end of lap 10, dropping him 12 seconds behind me.

Lap 13: I am now only 4 seconds behind the hard-CLK, who pits at end of lap 13 for mediums.

Finish: The hard-starting CLK is much faster than other CLKs. Overtakes medium-starting CLK and is cutting out 1+ second per lap but finishes 8 seconds behind me.
IMG_6289.JPG

Feels like a fluke win for me but a win nonetheless.:embarrassed:
Thank you everyone for posting your experiences. It helped me cruise to victory. I used this downforce- 596 front and 700 rear. Had absolutely no problem driving the car.

Last edited:
Slot 6: I'd only done 1 other round before this one - the Z's at Fuji - so I only had 1 score to my name and would need another one to get a "full season" of points. Unfortunately this track is one I've never gotten along with. It's "ok" but it's not a track I can count on for an amazing result (unless it's something wild like the 2J Daily Race a while ago). Add to that being unable to practice the actual race because I have to rent the car, and the inevitability of having to race against actual World Tour drivers that would leave me in the dust, and I wasn't expecting much.

Qualifying went slightly better than expected and I started P8 and elected to start on Hards. I got a spot from P7 after they outbraked themselves at the hairpin at the end of the back straight on the opening lap, then picked up another spot a few corners later when someone went off at the fast left-hander (you know the one). Then starting Lap 2 it was my turn to outbrake myelf and I punted one of the aliens as a result. Fortunately he stayed on track and avoided spinning, and I was also able to avoid losing a spot. From there I had a train of 3-4 other cars trading places behind me but all unable to pass. A few laps later one of the aliens spun at the fast left-hander and picked up damage. Unfortunately he unghosted right as he got to the following hairpin so I couldn't pass him, and his damage meant he was slow down the next straight and held me up in the right-hand kink before the finish line. I was able to get by to p5, but being balked by him allowed the car behind to get a massive run. Fortunately I was able to fend off an overtake and held P5 for a couple laps before the alien overtook me and demoted me back to P6. Eventually the car that started behind me overtook me at halfway just before they pitted - from Mediums! I was relieved when I saw that in spite of being on the softer tire, they'd only just barely been able to get by me, so it would mean I should have no problem re-passing when I put on my Mediums.

I came in at the end of Lap 11 and came out of the pits roughly 1.5s back from 6th. It took a couple laps to comfortably be back in their slipstream, but by Lap 14 I was in a position to go for a move into the hairpin at the end of the back straight. Unfortunately I was a bit too timid with the attempt and that allowed them to hold position around the outside and ultimately keep the spot. All of this allowed P8 to close from over 1s behind me to being all over my rear bumper, and we stayed like that for the next 2 laps - the slipstream not letting anyone get away, but the dirty air preventing any overtakes. Finally on Lap 16 I went for the same move again and was able to make it stick, with the car behind me following through as well. After that, with clear air I was able to open up the gap to the car chasing me to be almost out of slipstream range, but not quite. I was quicker through the first 2 sectors, then would lose time in the final sector. I broke the slipstream several times, only for them to just barely claw their way back in, and the gap kept fluctuating from 0.5 to 0.8s. Even with the slipstream though, they were too far behind for me to even worry about an overtake attempt, and I finished P6 to bag 290 points.

If you told me I'd be able hop into Top Split, at a track I don't exactly love, in a car I've barely driven, in conditions I hadn't practiced in, and come away with 290 points after 1 attempt, I'd have laughed at you. I guess part of it was being able to adjust the downforce to suit me. The max front/min rear that many people were running suited my driving perfectly and made the car completely neutral in the corners. If only they'd let us adjust brake bias like they did in Manufacturer's as well...

Had a weird event today. It was basically plot of F1 Indianapolis 2005.

Lobby: Started at 5pm. There was a guy who was not able to join so we kept waiting. And waiting. Folks started messaging the stuck guy both in GT7 and on PSN but no response. People slowly started dropping out.

Qualifying: The stuck guy finally left at 5:25pm! Qualifying starts. Only 8 people left, including me. I kept blundering every lap during first half. I pitted at 5min mark and came out to set the pole by 0.048 seconds!
View attachment 1239779

Race: More guys dropped out in qualifying. We are now 5. More like 3 because the other 2 cars were not CLKs, meaning they were more like GT2.5 class. We start with F1 Indianapolis 2005-sque grid. Only two CLKs, including me, start on mediums.
View attachment 1239780

I braked too early on first corner, got alongside hard-tire-starting CLK before emerging ahead thanks to higher exit speed on mediums. The only piece of action I saw the whole race.
View attachment 1239781

Lap 9: Throughout the race, I kept telling myself- don't be nervous, pretend it is your usual Sardegna grind. I maintained constant 3 seconds from the other medium-CLK. I pit at end of lap 9 for hards after my left front tire is almost gone. The other CLK pit at end of lap 10, dropping him 12 seconds behind me.

Lap 13: I am now only 4 seconds behind the hard-CLK, who pits at end of lap 13 for mediums.

Finish: The hard-starting CLK is much faster than other CLKs. Overtakes medium-starting CLK and is cutting out 1+ second per lap but finishes 8 seconds behind me.View attachment 1239783

Feels like a fluke win for me but a win nonetheless.:embarrassed:
Thank you everyone for posting your experiences. It helped me cruise to victory. I used this downforce- 596 front and 700 rear. Had absolutely no problem driving the car.
Hey Appu,
I was that Canadian (Buffalo) in that field who finished 3rd. It was a weird race but it was a fun one. You stole pole from me with your last run in qualifying I believe. Nicely done.

For 8-9 laps you kept that 3-4 second lead on me. The other CLK at one point was 10 sec behind me. Wasn’t even worried about him, but he did great conserving his tyres and was a man on a mission over the last 5 laps With his fresher tires. When he came in my rearview, I yielded to him. He deserved 2nd and I hate to say it but if this was a 22-24 lap race, he was catching you too. Lol.

To add insult to injury, he stole my fastest lap time somehow in lap 18 or so. Great race man. Lots of fun.

Hey Appu,
I was that Canadian (Buffalo) in that field who finished 3rd. It was a weird race but it was a fun one. You stole pole from me with your last run in qualifying I believe. Nicely done.

For 8-9 laps you kept that 3-4 second lead on me. The other CLK at one point was 10 sec behind me. Wasn’t even worried about him, but he did great conserving his tyres and was a man on a mission over the last 5 laps With his fresher tires. When he came in my rearview, I yielded to him. He deserved 2nd and I hate to say it but if this was a 22-24 lap race, he was catching you too. Lol.

To add insult to injury, he stole my fastest lap time somehow in lap 18 or so. Great race man. Lots of fun.
It is my first time having raced a fellow GTP member (at least, first time acknowledged). Nice to meet you and a great race, mate!

I felt bad for stealing your pole by 0.048 seconds. And yes, I had qualified 5th before pitting. I just couldn’t find rhythm. Luckily after pitting, I got pole on first run.

You kept me honest throughout the race by keeping constant 3 seconds gap. I was constantly watching gap to you after every turn, even though I tried best not to watch that.

What happened during lap 9-10 though? You were 3 seconds behind me before I pit. After you pit, you were 12 seconds behind me. Where did you lose 9 seconds?

And lol yes, the other CLK was quite fast on mediums and would have caught up with me. My hard tires were already very slow and fast approaching end of life.

Great race! Hope to see you again in Sport!

I ran the 3 last slots today and didn’t realize I would get a 3rd go until I jumped into the first race. They were done at 19:00 prior weeks and I was able to do a 20:00 slot tonight.

First go was on my alt in GT1 but because I’m back to BS it was all B’s and low points. Qualified mid to back end of pack and started on medium for all three races. Pretty clean racing overall but lots of people going off early on due to cold hards with full fuel.
Got as high as p2 then pitted after lap 10 to switch to hards and came back out in p3. After a few laps on hards I had a best time while pushing to try and hold on. Lost one place and ended p4 and felt good to have raced.

Race 2 was on my current main account (soon to be dumped because I’m going to focus on my alt account that has all of my friends tied to it)
The field was all AS and again back half of the field start. Running mediums first paid off again. Lots of overtakes with people not having control or pace. Got as high as p6 but after the pit I began reeling in the guy in front of me even though I had switched to hards. He didn’t like the idea of getting passed when he bobbled a couple of times but I never could make the gap stick before he would dive me on the next corner and try to send me off course. On around lap 17 he bobbled again in the corner before the penalty line and when I came along side he pushed until I was in the barrier head on. Tried to regroup and not lose too much time but I had lost enough concentration that I blew the other 90 degree turn and went straight into the wall. Ended p13 and my A was barely a speck since I have been on a steady decline. The worst part is that in chat afterwards he calls me out as garbage and he still landed in p5 to finish. Makes me wish I would have sent him when he got aggressive many times in the race but I just needed to get past it. People like that are the cause of the aggression we see growing in the game so I took deep breaths let it go.

Because I was able to run a 3rd race I did so I had a chance to end the night on a good note.
All AS again 168 points available for 1st so lower lobby with my speck of A DR.

Started back end on mediums and tried to be patient waiting for the opportunity to make some places. Moved up to p9 as we were coming through the uphill kink and got punted and plowed into the barrier head on again while the field drove away. By the time I could reverse and get going, I entered the main straight as the last person was leaving t1. Definitely had a moment to think what have I done to think one more race was a good idea.
My choice was to do the best I could since I know the track well from grinding credits. My fastest laps were barely cracking 1:32 with most mid 1:33 so I wasn’t sure if I could finish better than DFL but nothing to lose now.
Miraculously I started gaining on racers ahead of me and by the time I finished lap 10 pit for my hards I was all the way to 9 th. Folks must have pitted late in the race because I kept picking places going by the pits on the next few laps. VR doesn’t show who’s pitting so I just watched for place change going past the pit. Rolling into lap 17 I was gaining on p4 but didn’t think I had a chance to get past him but he must have been on worn tire because by the final lap I had closed in nicely but still wasn’t in a position to challenge. Last 90 turn he spins and I move to p4 for the finish. Awesome feeling to go from DFL and so far back on the first lap to stay with it and place so well for my ability. My top 5’s are not all that common so it was a great finish to the evening after all. Really glad I didn’t let race 2 get under my skin too much and glad that making the best with what was dealt on race 3 paid off.

We’ll see how Manu goes this weekend.

Decent showing in Nations Cup, 199th, best finish so far in a GTWS series. For some reason seems like you can score more points in the morning/noon slots 🤔 Because I've noticed in those I am more likely to end in the same lobby as a few A+ drivers, which increases massively the potential scores you can get. Good example is in round 2, I got 187 for a P5 and yesterday 149 for a P5 (in a lobby full of A DR drivers), and DR was actually probably around the same as in round 2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316-105210.png
    Screenshot_20230316-105210.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 6
@Bullwinkle was I in the jackhole race with you or your second attempt? Either way I was pretty sure that was you I saw out there, but didn't realize your PSN wasn't your name here. I didn't save or watch the replay but there was a lot of chatter at the end.
Oh sure! I remember seeing “afc” and thinking to myself “Go Chiefs!” I think that was my first race. It was just terrible. People were diving and shoving and didn’t really seem to care for a respectable game. How did you do? I didn’t see. I hope I didn’t do anything stupid to you, although I doubt it since I was at the back most of the race . . .

Last edited:
Took an age getting it turned, ended up DFL and quit out of frustration.
fail austin powers GIF

So “my friend” from race 1 who told me to ”Learn to Drive” had picked up a 1 minute penalty. So looks like they pitted and re fitted mediums. Looks like they need to learn to drive and also read the rules properly.
I would have left them a message saying 'Learn to drive'.

It is my first time having raced a fellow GTP member (at least, first time acknowledged). Nice to meet you and a great race, mate!

I felt bad for stealing your pole by 0.048 seconds. And yes, I had qualified 5th before pitting. I just couldn’t find rhythm. Luckily after pitting, I got pole on first run.

You kept me honest throughout the race by keeping constant 3 seconds gap. I was constantly watching gap to you after every turn, even though I tried best not to watch that.

What happened during lap 9-10 though? You were 3 seconds behind me before I pit. After you pit, you were 12 seconds behind me. Where did you lose 9 seconds?

And lol yes, the other CLK was quite fast on mediums and would have caught up with me. My hard tires were already very slow and fast approaching end of life.

Great race! Hope to see you again in Sport!
Same here, first time running into another GTP member out on the track. I was reading your first post last night and laughed thinking “Oh man, I was in this guy’s race”. If you can find me, add me or follow me, I’ll do the same”. (Not sure how to search in GT7)

When you pitted, I thought I’d try to stay out and really push and maintain lap times for extra two laps, maybe you’d come out of the pit lane in a bit of traffic and you’d have a bit of a headache but I ultimately pushed too hard and had my worse lap of the race. Pitted 1 lap after you did.

I thought the other CLK was nuts at first staying out the extra 2 or 3 but is strategy worked for him. It was an awful feeling seeing my 5 - 6 second lead evaporate over laps 16 to 19.

I jumped into the Nations race with no practice or reading-up to even know the first thing about it.

Big mistake! I didn't know it was a virtual 'one-make' and in a car I'd never driven, to boot. So I got destroyed in the Nissan, in the top split in the afternoon race I joined. I was giving it a college try to at least bring home a top-10 when I looped it out of the first hairpin, pressing hard to stay ahead of the CLK's behind me. Then got caught in the glorious hell of the 100-point turn GT loves to force upon you when you end up off the track. It's a long race to trundle around in next-to-last after that sort of thing... a half hour of pointless lapping knowing it was all a waste.

But I rented a CLK (tried to find one to buy, but to no avail) and ran it again. Was happy to join two other friends in that lobby, along with Grove and R. Heck and some other top racers... even if that meant I knew I had no chance. But for some reason, we ended up with only 8 racers in the lobby! So I was guaranteed my best score ever... cheap, but I'll take it, after some of the bad luck I've had in this game. The result meant I had my highest ever finish in Nations Series, and even if it was a hella cheap one, so what. I've held my own in some tough lobbies the last two months at times, and while I'm not going to attack for wins in the top splits, I will usually do well to avoid problems and keep it respectable.
Ran this on my alt because I treat Nations like a daily race lol.
Q6 to P3 in the 7pm top split CSA today in Nations and another 300 score for the collection!! Kind of an emptied top split, but still...survival race.I made three positions just by keeping it on track. Super happy with that !! Livery by the talented @Racerx_34

I plan on editing a video of it over the next few days
View attachment 1239774
Nice Livery, Spider!

Last edited:
In the next two round of Nations Cup, I had won a race at round 3 and finished in third place in the season finale. At the end of the season, only the points I scored from first and third rounds would count. I had scored 23 points in these two rounds.

I think this was probably the best Nations Cup ranking I've had thus far. 26th in the NA region.

I'm really starting to wonder now how much better I'd be able to run on a proper rig. To this day (...and going all the way back to the original Gran Turismo on PS1 and every one since) I've only ever played it on controller, never a wheel. 🤔

Last edited:
Don’t like Seaside, don’t really like the Gr4 Mustang so gonna give Saturday a miss and end the season early.

Not sure who I’m going to pick for the proper series, especially if we’re locked in for 2 seasons again. Few manufacturers where I like cars in both classes.

Screenshot_20230316-223934.jpg

My humble first experience.

I could have gotten more points with the Citroën DS if I hadn't refused to "exploit" track limits, but I enjoyed it.

I did terrible with the Zs at Fuji, sliding at the exit of each turn. Nightmare of a race and a lot of dirty drivers.

Last two rounds went great: finishing way better than expected after really exciting races.

Had fun in Nations yesterday. Haven’t done much sport mode since GT7 launched. First FIA race since GTS. Ran my Euro Alt twice and my NA main once.

First race was a yard sale. Q’d DFL, got pinballed around and the first few laps. Didn’t finish much better.

Second race, Q’d 8th and finished 5th. I’ll take it.

Hit the second slot of N/A servers. Same thing, Q’d 8th, finished 5th. Should have podium’d, but ended up on the crappy end of the first 5-lap-melee.

My basic strategy was run RH’s till end of lap 11, then go like hell the rest of the race. The overcut seemed to work

All my Alts and Main is a variation of this handle. If anyone recognizes me, please say what’s up 😎. I’m usually in the A/S lobbies

1B39B939-E833-4251-88BD-786C7317923F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back