Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,220 comments
Different qualifying tyre rates too depending on league

- Fuel Consumption Rate (Qualifier): Off | Tyre Wear Rate (Qualifier): 3x (GT1 League), None (GT2, GT3 League)
 - No. of Laps: 28
 - Fuel Consumption Rate (Final): 2x | Tyre Wear Rate (Final): 3x

Yeah this is ridiculous

Screenshot_20230330-131529_Chrome.jpg

I am pretty happy with Daytona Road Course, Nurb Endurance, and Grand Valley as tracks (between Nations and Manu). But it might be a moot point.

Edited: Removed due to oversight.

I remember some complaints about smaller fields in the later slots, meaning less points on offer. Maybe they think this will concentrate things and make it a bit more balanced.
I think it will have the opposite effect per above. Watching some streamers, the evening races for them offer 400+ points. The people who want the super high points will either race in the evening when most people can, or race multiple times until the point payouts are where they want.

Last edited:
As a GT1 Manu driver, I have mixed feelings about this. As I mentioned earlier, I was a fan of the one-and-done format of the first year of GT Sport. These reduced timeslots seem to move more in that direction, and having only three slots will definitely give closer, more exciting races. I am also happy to see longer races be the standard. However, there are a couple of things about this that are annoying:

1. If one-and-done is the intent, why not have a slot in the morning, one mid-afternoon and one in the evening to better accommodate people's schedules?
  2. The format shakeup between GT1 and GT2/3 seems to belittle DR B drivers and lower. It's as if PD is saying "you guys suck and can't aspire to anything, so here, take a bunch of slots and play as much as you want. It won't matter because, when all is said and done, you won't amount to anything anyway". Seems a bit offensive to me.
I will say on a positive note, at least they have given us another test season which will be useful after the physics and FFB changes.

Different qualifying tyre rates too depending on league

- Fuel Consumption Rate (Qualifier): Off | Tyre Wear Rate (Qualifier): 3x (GT1 League), None (GT2, GT3 League)
 - No. of Laps: 28
 - Fuel Consumption Rate (Final): 2x | Tyre Wear Rate (Final): 3x
So as a GT2 league racer I’m happy that the races are all the same for everyone. Laps, tyres, multipliers etc……
As for qualifying though… did GT2 & GT3 leagues really need no tyre wear for the Qualifying? I can see why they potentially removed these in qualifying. I think in all lobbies I’ve seen that people don’t respect track etiquette and they just pile out of the pits, go full speed not saving tyres and overtake people in the final corners.

As for time slots I feel for people in GT1 leagues. 3 slots seem very harsh. I wonder if this was done to make lobbies more competitive and make getting to a world finals a bit harder. I know of 1 world tour driver who raced a fair few slots in the final round and in the last slot of the day it was less competitive but still had the required points for them to make the final.

1. If one-and-done is the intent, why not have a slot in the morning, one mid-afternoon and one in the evening to better accommodate people's schedules?
This is a good idea.

I wonder if this was done to make lobbies more competitive and make getting to a world finals a bit harder.
Thing is though, the times are horrible. At least for me. Again, on a weekday people are working. The times on Wed are 1, 3, and 5. 99% of M-F working people won't be able to make any of these.

The Saturday times aren't much better. People all have their own schedules, and I get that. But to have the only three races right in the middle of the day is probably the worst time for many. Hence, why I like Pfei's idea: if you must have only three races do one in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

Rounds 1 & 2 are on Saturday and Round 3 is on Wednesday. So for my A+ account, Rounds 1 & 2 were I am located, we only have 10:00AM, Noon, and 2:00PM. Right in the middle of the day... on a Saturday! I got stuff going on and can usually only race early morning and in the evening/night! So... I am probably out for even participating in these.

Round 3 is on a Wednesday with times 1:00PM, 3:00PM, and 5:00PM. On a weekday! Most people aren't even home from work by 5:00PM!
Those are EMEA times you're comparing to, US slots are 16:00, 18:00 and 20:00 Pacific for Nations

Those are EMEA times you're comparing to, US slots are 16:00, 18:00 and 20:00 Pacific for Nations
You sure? I see 14:00 UTC = 10:00AM EST.

Capture.PNG

If I am wrong then I take back my pervious complaints. It is written confusing, where it says (EMEA) but then calls out (UTC) by the actual times.

Last edited:
Thing is though, the times are horrible. At least for me. Again, on a weekday people are working. The times on Wed are 1, 3, and 5. 99% of M-F working people won't be able to make any of these.

@Hasnain282 is correct, you are going off the European slots.

Here are the Americas time slots for Manu:

Race Schedule and Entry Slots (Americas Region)​

GT1 League
・Rounds 1 & 2: 15:00, 17:00, 19:00 PDT
・Round 3: 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 PDT

GT2 & GT3 Leagues
・Rounds 1 & 2: 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00 PDT
・Rounds 3: 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 PDT

And Nations:

Race Schedule and Entry Slots (North America Region)​

GT1 League
・All Rounds: 16:00, 18:00, 20:00 PDT

GT2 & GT3 Leagues
・All Rounds: 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 PDT

Last edited:
What a weird season. Is this the first time a Manufacturers season has completely ignored one of the categories? I don't think I've seen that during my time playing.

I rarely do more than one run on each round so the massive reduction in time slots for GT1 is very much in my favour but it still feels a bit jarring after they opened up accessibility so much recently. Not sure what to make of it.

The length of the races seems good though so no complaints there.

@Hasnain282 is correct, you are going off the European slots.

Here are the Americas time slots for Manu:

Race Schedule and Entry Slots (Americas Region)​

GT1 League
・Rounds 1 & 2: 15:00, 17:00, 19:00 PDT
・Round 3: 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 PDT

GT2 & GT3 Leagues
・Rounds 1 & 2: 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00 PDT
・Rounds 3: 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 PDT

And Nations:

Race Schedule and Entry Slots (North America Region)​

GT1 League
・All Rounds: 16:00, 18:00, 20:00 PDT

GT2 & GT3 Leagues
・All Rounds: 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 PDT
Your time conversion is correct but the race times are for races in the EMEA region (you've got it written in bold on your post)
@Pfei has the North American slots posted

Ok, thank you both for the clarification.

What a weird season. Is this the first time a Manufacturers season has completely ignored one of the categories? I don't think I've seen that during my time playing.

As someone who really dislikes the majority of the Gr4 cars, I quite like this (even if it is just for this series). So many great options in Gr3 that I would usually disregard because of the Gr4 machine - BMW for starters.

I think I've got the timings right for GT1, but my brain burst trying to do GT2/3. As I've got to shift to "the other" game for the next article, please do let me know if they're not right...

Any risk this will push more League 1 drivers to run lower rated alt accounts to get race practice in during the day?
Yeah, like 100%. But I don't think it will be for practice purposes

There's a massive massive gap between getting into DR1 at A, and being at a point where points matter at 90k+ DR.
I don't care for the points so much, if the races are fun - I race them. If I now only have 3 chances to race and I'm not around for them or I want to run another one then I will 100% region or account hop to get the other slots, because really, why wouldn't I?

It's PD's own problem - if they want to punish people with giving them less gameplay for being good/engaged enough with the game to know how to drive well, then I'll just find my own way to enjoy the races.

This is a good idea.

The Saturday times aren't much better. People all have their own schedules, and I get that. But to have the only three races right in the middle of the day is probably the worst time for many. Hence, why I like Pfei's idea: if you must have only three races do one in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
True. For me last season I was only able to run one race on a weekend due to other plans. Limiting the time slots just makes it even harder. Plus they are at those strange times when people are either picking up kids from schools, or leaving work, making evening meals etc... As @Pfei said (I think) if they want to limit top drivers in how many races they do open up the slots like GT2 & GT3 leagues but limit the accounts to 3 races maximum.

Any risk this will push more League 1 drivers to run lower rated alt accounts to get race practice in during the day?
I was thinking this. How many GT1 drivers will make a new alt account just to run in GT2? My only issue with this is these A+ drivers will dominate the races and people like me who are in the GT2 league fighting each week for wins won’t have a chance. I know we have more races but I can’t spend all day on GTWS waiting for the A+ drivers to stop racing.

Last edited:
Seems like we are getting a 4th exhibition season before the proper GTWS starts, along with some format and time slot changes. Details are in the update notes.

I like this, gives us some races to get used to the new physics. Just 3 slots in Nations on Saturdays it seems, I do hope those are not the same times for the Wednesday race though 🤔 Well this is the case for us GT1 drivers at least of just having 3 time slots. I wish there were 4 or 5 slots.

It seems I’ll have to keep racing in my US account. Those slots, even though they are an improvement (except GT1) are still impossible for someone working and with kids.

I remember some complaints about smaller fields in the later slots, meaning less points on offer. Maybe they think this will concentrate things and make it a bit more balanced.
This is a good idea.

Yea, but the times are too evening focused. A UK citizen needs to be home by 7 pm on a Wednesday, or else he/she won't make the race. That's very scuffed and unfair to someone with family or hard worker/overtime worker for that day. But you are correct in this, streamers/A+ drivers seemed to flock the noon slots, but not so much the evening slots, so in the previous exhibition series you generally scored less points in the evening, that was the experience I had as a slightly over 40K A DR driver.

Yes, this a good suggestion. Although if you can only do one race and you get say a hardware issue, you are kinda screwed. But this could be helped with how many scores count though for a series. Maybe I am biased, but I feel like 4-5 evening slots is the best way to go. For each league. And yes I work during office hours (occassionally overtime) probably why I am of this opinion.

Last edited:
If someone in GT2 or GT3 gets a chance could they check the penalty settings under race details? It's the button furthest to the right on the race information page, this is for Nations
187337f51770-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_430129822198426_1680194617962.jpg

Last edited:
If someone in GT2 or GT3 gets a chance could they check the penalty settings under race details? It's the button furthest to the right on the race information page, this is for Nations View attachment 1243942
I’m in GT2 and it’s the same penalty settings.
Wonder if it’s just the qualifying that different for GT2. Unless the time penalties given for track cuts, forced another car off etc.. are different

I always race for Subaru because I drive Subarus. Except for two seasons in GTS where I once picked Hyundai and once picked Ferrari. I'm looking for something different again, and the new physics and BoP means that probably everything is going to be a tossup this time.

I'll probably try Hyundai again. It's always been one of the weaker manufacturers but their cars, although they don't excel anywhere, don't have any glaring weaknesses, either. I figure I will be in a decent, average-to-below-average car that will give me reasonable odds of good results no matter what the track/fuel/tire combo. They are probably the most boring of the manufacturer cars to drive, but I dunno, something tells me I should give it a try again. Of course, who knows what can happen with all these 1.31 updated changes...

Are we really going to drive the RS5 with RDS always available?

Is there a way to have the button be toggle on/off instead of holding? I’m going to get tendinitis at this rate.

Back