Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,233 comments
I'm going to wait it out a few days and see what the consensus looks like with where all the cars land after the new update.....although there is a small part of me that is wanting to run with Mercs....I've barely touched them since deep into GTS history, but I remember getting along well with the Gr3 car back then.

Are we really going to drive the RS5 with RDS always available?

Is there a way to have the button be toggle on/off instead of holding? I’m going to get tendinitis at this rate.

Will DRS be unlimited in the race or would you have a fixed amount that would run out with overuse?

Different qualifying tyre rates too depending on league

- Fuel Consumption Rate (Qualifier): Off | Tyre Wear Rate (Qualifier): 3x (GT1 League), None (GT2, GT3 League)
 - No. of Laps: 28
 - Fuel Consumption Rate (Final): 2x | Tyre Wear Rate (Final): 3x
Since you're locked into the league you sign up for before you begin season, no matter how much your DR changes, I wonder if it's possible to tank your DR down to B, sign up for GT2 league before the seasons start, and get the benefits of no tire wear during qualifying, and access to more slots; then raise your DR back up to A/A+ so you get placed in splits with GT1 players and score more points while keeping the aforementioned benefits of being in GT2 that other players at DR A/A+ won't get since they're in GT1.

In other words, if you game the system, can you end up in a race with GT1-league players and have an advantage over them in qualifying because you don't have to worry about tire wear like they will?

Actually you wouldn't even have to game the system - if you're naturally a high-B driver you might find yourself in a mixed lobby ranging from DR B to A, and if the low-A drivers were at DR A when the season started, they'd be in GT1 and be subject to tire wear in qualifying, while those at DR B would get an unfair advantage due to running qualifying with no tire wear.

Last edited:
Since you're locked into the league you sign up for before you begin season, no matter how much your DR changes, I wonder if it's possible to tank your DR down to B, sign up for GT2 league before the seasons start, and get the benefits of no tire wear during qualifying, and access to more slots; then raise your DR back up to A/A+ so you get placed in splits with GT1 players and score more points while keeping the aforementioned benefits of being in GT2 that other players at DR A/A+ won't get since they're in GT1.

In other words, if you game the system, can you end up in a race with GT1-league players and have an advantage over them in qualifying because you don't have to worry about tire wear like they will?

Actually you wouldn't even have to game the system - if you're naturally a high-B driver you might find yourself in a mixed lobby ranging from DR B to A, and if the low-A drivers were at DR A when the season started, they'd be in GT1 and be subject to tire wear in qualifying, while those at DR B would get an unfair advantage due to running qualifying with no tire wear.
No you can't. You will get matched with GT2 players in the same league

I don’t know, but I’m not seeing any meter and the best times are people using it every chance they can during the lap n
While the DRS is a nice feature to have, it is a bloody pain! Having to hold a button to keep the DRS active is stupid. I’m on a wheel so it’s not too much of an issue but it makes holding and steering just feel awkward. A controller player 8 know was complaining yesterday as they don’t have enough fingers to accelerate, brake, change up & down gears, steer and also hold the DRS open. Wish they switch to a push once to active system.

During quali Im using DRS at every opportunity. For the race might just use it on the 4 longer straights and concentrate more on driving the track for the rest.

A controller player 8 know was complaining yesterday as they don’t have enough fingers to accelerate, brake, change up & down gears, steer and also hold the DRS open.
I have enough for that lot, but I need to adjust the MFD as well. Usually have it on the right stick so I can just steer with the thumb. May go auto for this one so I can put the DRS on the gearshift button.

Might be time to switch to using middle fingers on L2/R2 rather than index - it just feels weird though.

Last edited:
Got my doubts about tomorrow, I'm not meshing well with this new Audi. I've got a feeling I might be turning it into a lawnmower... :boggled:

For a car that's been placed into Gr.2 it feels extremely understeery. Holding down DRS all the time as well is a bit rough, and the cockpit area in VR is unforgivingly small. It seems like if you lean even the slightest bit right to get a better view around a corner as you're entering it, you get thrown to the out-of-bounds wiremesh even though you're going towards the middle of the car. Most cars I've driven in VR so far don't do this, and to have to contend with it a circuit like Brands Hatch with so many tricky right turns...

If anyone ends up in a lobby with me, I apologise in advance. :dunce:

Last edited:

Only 3 entry slots for GT1 :yuck:

GT1 League
  • Entry Slot Times (Rounds 1 & 3): 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 (UTC)
  • Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (UTC)

GT2 League & GT3 League
  • Entry Slot Times (Rounds 1 & 3): 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 (UTC)
  • Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 (UTC)
Players may enter the event 15 minutes before the start time.
I'm glad I'm not in GT1 with barely any slots to race in.
My schedule tomorrow is pretty full. I might be able to grab an early slot. Other than that I'd be missing it.

Umm... no?

GT1 League players only play other GT1 League players; GT2 League players only play other GT2 League players; GT3 League players only play other GT3 League players.

If you're a DR A driver - thus set to compete in GT1 League when you enter the championship - and drop down to DR B, you'll end up in GT2 League racing other GT2 League players. You will never race against GT1 League or GT3 League players, whether you increase to DR A or drop to DR C, until that season ends. That's what "locked into" means.

Umm... no?

GT1 League players only play other GT1 League players; GT2 League players only play other GT2 League players; GT3 League players only play other GT3 League players.

If you're a DR A driver - thus set to compete in GT1 League when you enter the championship - and drop down to DR B, you'll end up in GT2 League racing other GT2 League players. You will never race against GT1 League or GT3 League players, whether you increase to DR A or drop to DR C, until that season ends. That's what "locked into" means.

Not entirely true. One of my Alts is barely above DR. A, and at the final nations race last season, I had a few DR.B rated drivers in my lobby

Not entirely true. One of my Alts is barely above DR. A, and at the final nations race last season, I had a few DR.B rated drivers in my lobby
They would have started the season at DR A and so in GT1, but then dropped to DR B. In that case they still compete in GT1.

You could set up a new account so rated DR E, enter the competition and be put into GT3, rise all the way up the rankings to A+ and still be locked into racing the GT3 league for that season.

Last edited:
Not entirely true.
Nope, entirely true.

Just because someone is a DR B doesn't mean they can't be in GT1 League. It only means they were DR A and in GT1 League when they entered and due to being locked into that league they lost their driving rating but remained in GT1 League. Because that's what "locked into" means.

Nope, entirely true.

Just because someone is a DR B doesn't mean they can't be in GT1 League. It only means they were DR A and in GT1 League when they entered and due to being locked into that league they lost their driving rating but remained in GT1 League. Because that's what "locked into" means.

Copy

Nope, entirely true.

Just to pile on...that is exactly what will happen. I started the last season in GT1 as a DR A and fell to DR B due to dailies. I was still racing in GT1 in the GTWS as well as some other DR B drivers.

You will have to tank before you sign with a manufactuer.

I know it’s early days, but anyone thinking about skipping the Manufactures GTWS this season due to the Supra’s dominance?

Done a few test at Interlagos and Daytona and the Supra is just way to OP. I was looking at picking Audi (not for Gr4, even though we don’t have Gr4 in this season) as I wanted to use something different and with the new physics hopefully it might be worth driving. So far Supra is just under a second faster at Interlagos but its 1.5 seconds quicker at Daytona.
Not bothering testing at Nurburgring Endurance as this will be more about the player’s ability on staying on the track. Obviously Supra will dominate there too but most cars have a chance.

I dont want to pick the meta car, but I want to be competitive still, but looking at whats what, I just can’t see anything beating the Supra.

I know it’s early days, but anyone thinking about skipping the Manufactures GTWS this season due to the Supra’s dominance?

Done a few test at Interlagos and Daytona and the Supra is just way to OP. I was looking at picking Audi (not for Gr4, even though we don’t have Gr4 in this season) as I wanted to use something different and with the new physics hopefully it might be worth driving. So far Supra is just under a second faster at Interlagos but its 1.5 seconds quicker at Daytona.
Not bothering testing at Nurburgring Endurance as this will be more about the player’s ability on staying on the track. Obviously Supra will dominate there too but most cars have a chance.

I dont want to pick the meta car, but I want to be competitive still, but looking at whats what, I just can’t see anything beating the Supra.

I hear you. But unless you’re a top split driver. “Consistency” will always be the meta in these longer races.

I won’t get to test drive these new physics till tomorrow morning when I get home from work, but I hear I won’t be purposefully knew-capping myself by going with Ferrari anymore!

Can't say I'm interested in checking out Nations Cup Exhibition Series Season 4. Might just wait for the formal return of the GTWS/FIAGTCs. I get that PD might have it like this to test the new physics, but still. That said, I'm glad that brake balance tuning is standard for the "major" groups like Gr.3 and Gr.4 - I think it'll make things a lot better for anything that's MR like the Audi R8 LMS or the Porsche 911 RSR, both of which really benefit from having bias towards the front.

I'd totally be down for a race where we could select pre-tuned versions of the Porsche 959, Carrera GT, and the 918 Spyder, much like that one other Exhibition Series race at Fuji featuring the Nissan Z models. Or maybe instead of the other two rounds being for Gr.3 cars, we could've had a round maybe featuring the newly-added Mazda3 and the Toyota GR Yaris - two contemporary 4WD Japanese hot hatches! Heck, the latter two rounds could even stay as Gr.3 rounds, but maybe with a more specific selection of cars, such as limiting things to the most modern FIA GT3 cars from the late 10s/early 20s, or perhaps make it a JGTC GT500 fight between Toyota and Nissan.

Last edited:

Nah man I don't play a racing game to make excuses for me not to race. What's the point?

I took the Corvette and Mustang (the only 2 cars I'm considering) for a spin around Daytona last night, and the Mustang was 0.75s up on the Corvette, and was able to beat it in every single sector. I managed to win with the Corvette in this same combo the last time it came up in the first 2022 official season, but even back then the Corvette was lacking in pace compared to many of the other cars (ESPECIALLY the Supra), and I was just fortunate that everyone binned it whenever they got near me or passed me. Now I don't think I'd do better than mid-pack in the same car, so I'll most likely sign with Ford since Daytona is the only race I'm planning to do. Sounds like it'll still be a challenge to beat the Supras just like last time though...

Last edited:
Nah man I don't play a racing game to make excuses for me not to race. What's the point?
I’m not looking for excuses to not race. I’ll be picking a team and racing, but what I was trying to get at is that some people can be put off by stuff like this.

I’m not looking for excuses to not race. I’ll be picking a team and racing, but what I was trying to get at is that some people can be put off by stuff like this.
Aye I get that, I'm not talking about you, that's just from my point of view.
For me, a race is a race - whether I'm fighting for 12th or 1st, I'm having fun regardless. I race for the experience more than the win.

Yeah, like 100%. But I don't think it will be for practice purposes

There's a massive massive gap between getting into DR1 at A, and being at a point where points matter at 90k+ DR.
I don't care for the points so much, if the races are fun - I race them. If I now only have 3 chances to race and I'm not around for them or I want to run another one then I will 100% region or account hop to get the other slots, because really, why wouldn't I?

It's PD's own problem - if they want to punish people with giving them less gameplay for being good/engaged enough with the game to know how to drive well, then I'll just find my own way to enjoy the races.
People like you are the problem with the game. Good luck on your seal clubbing exploits. Then you have the nerve to blame PD for your lack of sportsmanship. I know your ID and ill be reporting you accordingly.

Hi, here is my workaround for permanent DRS
IMG_20230401_093350.jpg

Last edited:
What a terrible race.

First time I play since the update (excluding a pair of laps for the Alphard time trial) and Brands Hatch has never clicked for me.

I've been fighting the car rather than other drivers. Good thing I got lapped so I suffered for one lap fewer. I feel most of us were having a really bad time.

12th of 13.

I took the Corvette and Mustang (the only 2 cars I'm considering) for a spin around Daytona last night, and the Mustang was 0.75s up on the Corvette, and was able to beat it in every single sector. I managed to win with the Corvette in this same combo the last time it came up in the first 2022 official season, but even back then the Corvette was lacking in pace compared to many of the other cars (ESPECIALLY the Supra), and I was just fortunate that everyone binned it whenever they got near me or passed me. Now I don't think I'd do better than mid-pack in the same car, so I'll most likely sign with Ford since Daytona is the only race I'm planning to do. Sounds like it'll still be a challenge to beat the Supras just like last time though...
Exactly the same for me in the test I did yesterday. Can only enter Daytona and wanted to use the Corvette as when this combo came up last time I somehow managed to get the 108th fastest global lap time but annoyingly ended up missing the race. in my test mustang and supra were much quicker. Supra easily clocking over 170mph (in comparison a lot of the other cars could only just about hit 165). Good luck to anyone signing with Hyundai! Didn’t do a full race practice so might be fine but it looks like some cars will have a fuel saving issue m, especially those V8s

Back