Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,216 comments
Speaking of which - apologies if I came across a little anti-social.
Nah, everyrything was fine🙂 Except my race😂 It was disaster to be honest, everything gone wrong, even when I tried to pit car spinned, entered pit backwards and game spitted me back on track😂 Fuji in gr2 was always my strong side, but now after physics update Im very slow...

If you hated Gr.2 , get ready for Super Formulas '23 in Deep Forest with high tyre wear :D
Oh no, how tf do you save tires in that thing? 😅🤔 Fuji was way easier to save at because it is basically just saving at 100R and being gentle on corner exits. Hopefully there are alternate strats, those cars are fun to go 'balls to the wall' in. 🏁

Oh no, how tf do you save tires in that thing? 😅🤔
5ae.jpg

Family cost me the first 2 slots, and my bad tire saving cost me any hope of doing decent on the mediums. Still recovered to 6th and a decent DR bump. About 1/3 of the way through A. Right now my target for this season is reaching A+, and I want to mostly use the championship races since I find I usually do better in longer races.

Deep Forest should be... Interesting. Or, in another word, carnage, between divebombs, walls, penalties, and tire wear. Hopefully there's a real choice between the 1 and 2 stop? Haven't tested enough yet to figure that out.

Tried one slot in the evening in a mid B/S lobby botched my qualifying with a penalty in the outlap But could at least save a P10.

Got kicked to last on T1 and fought the rest of the race with dirty drivers in the back.

Returned to TT on the ring afterwards…

Last edited:
Normally hate Fuji but imo the strategy made this a really exciting race throughout. Had to do a late strategy change because of...circumstances:

Saturday is going to be death incarnate, especially in GT1. :dopey:

I tried doing a practice run last night and my rear right hit 0% in the sector 1/2 tunnels on lap 12. The car killed me almost immediately after trying to take the downhill left-hander towards the bridge. Fun times ahead for the 24 lap GT1 race because I somehow suspect 2-stopping will be far too slow to be viable. :lol:

Last edited:
Had a question about the GT1, GT2 split. Hardly play online hence a B driver ranking, however given the race at RBR I'm close to becoming an A. Will this leave me in GT2 or bump me to GT1?

Thanks, thought that was the case. Just felt strange it re-confirming the league everytime you entered in the Toyota events
the toyota events had that first round bug, prompting the update and I assume that is why we had to re-sign the league. Now I'm curious, did anyone get placed in a different league after the first round?

Saturday is going to be death incarnate, especially in GT1. :dopey:

I tried doing a practice run last night and my rear right hit 0% in the sector 1/2 tunnels on lap 12. The car killed me almost immediately after trying to take the downhill left-hander towards the bridge. Fun times ahead for the 24 lap GT1 race because I somehow suspect 2-stopping will be far too slow to be viable. :lol:
You race in VR don’t you? If so how are you finding the VR boundaries with the SF23? If I slightly move my head I get keep getting the blackout zone thing pop up. So annoying.

Not sure if I’m going to race this weekend. I like the track and the cars are ok, but I can’t drive these SF cars fast without been in VR mode and I’ve not really raced VR in Sport mode. The rear and side awareness is what I need to learn & practice.

You race in VR don’t you? If so how are you finding the VR boundaries with the SF23? If I slightly move my head I get keep getting the blackout zone thing pop up. So annoying.

Not sure if I’m going to race this weekend. I like the track and the cars are ok, but I can’t drive these SF cars fast without been in VR mode and I’ve not really raced VR in Sport mode. The rear and side awareness is what I need to learn & practice.
You're not alone there. I'm finding the bends leading into the first tunnel are really bad for it.

I instinctively lean right a bit trying to look into the tunnel on the approach and get greeted with the black and green wire mesh screen a lot more often than I'd like. The range of head movement allowed definitely feels smaller than the car's halo looks like it should permit IMO.

I'm just glad the halo beam in front of the driver not being see through like the SF19 isn't the issue I thought it would be. I definitely prefer the transparent one, but at least this doesn't obscure vision the way I feared it would.

Last edited:
Really don't understand the points system, at all. Racing in GT2 Group
Rd1 I came 3 or 4th (can't remember) = 79pts.
Rd2 I won, pole position and fastest lap = 62pts

Doesn't make sense so if someone knows what the heck is going on, please tell me. :-)

Doesn't make sense so if someone knows what the heck is going on, please tell me. :-)
The points on offer for a win scale with the average driver rating of the people that got matched into your lobby. For example I'm currently at the top end of A rating in the GT1 league and usually end up in races where a win is worth about 240 points.

Your first race where you finished P3/P4 was simply much higher rated than the one you won. Pole position and fastest lap don't provide any bonuses.

You're not alone there. I'm finding the bends leading into the first tunnel are really bad for it.

I instinctively lean right a bit trying to look into the tunnel on the approach and get greeted with the black and green wire mesh screen a lot more often than I'd like. The range of head movement allowed definitely feels smaller than the car's halo looks like it should permit IMO.

I'm just glad the halo beam in front of the driver not being see through like the SF19 isn't the issue I thought it would be. I definitely prefer the transparent one, but at least this doesn't obscure vision the way I feared it would.
One thing I have done to help alleviate this is to set the sitting play area a little far forward. When you are setting it, lean forward a bit then set the area. That way you are positioned near the back of the circle and have more freedom to move your head forward and to the side.

The points on offer for a win scale with the average driver rating of the people that got matched into your lobby. For example I'm currently at the top end of A rating in the GT1 league and usually end up in races where a win is worth about 240 points.

Your first race where you finished P3/P4 was simply much higher rated than the one you won. Pole position and fastest lap don't provide any bonuses.
Thanks for the info. Good to know.
Didn’t know I was ranked within Group B drivers. Where can I/do I find out what my ranking is?

Thanks for the info. Good to know.
Didn’t know I was ranked within Group B drivers. Where can I/do I find out what my ranking is?
You can see your driver rating from the menu when you enter Sport mode. The bar under the DR symbol shows progress through the grade.

1684425507649.png

Your actual driver rating number isn't displayed anywhere (or at least not since GT7 - it used to be possible for third party websites to read your profile and reveal it back in GT Sport), but you can make an estimate using the ranges that each grade covers:

(from https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki)
  • A+: 50,000 to 100,000 points
  • A: 30,000 to 49,999 points
  • B: 10,000 to 29,999 points
  • C: 4,000 to 9,999 points
  • D: 1 to 3,999 points (2,000 points are granted upon completion of one's fifth Sport Mode race)
  • E: Designation for new players who have completed less than five races

One of the GTPlanet admins posted a rough breakdown of how the game turns average driver rating into points on the Toyota Gazoo thread if it helps.

I’m finding it’s not too bad at Deep Forest, but at AutoPolis of the online time trial i‘m finding it’s bad there.
Yeah I love that halo strut is solid now. I know it’s there in my vision, but I hardly notice it all.

SF23, Deep Forest and VR is just amazing. Such a great combo when all 3 are together. Take the VR away and I’m all over the place.
Done a 1.12.2 in VR but fastest non VR lap is 1.13.xxx

Basically the Points system works on how competitive your lobby is. The more DR you have the more points you basically add to the pot which then gives you the points you can win at the end.

Yesterday my 1st race was worth about 140 points for a win. That was a mixed DR A and B lobby. My next race I was I matched with all DR B drivers and the points dropped to about 125 points.

The points system is totally broken in my opinion for the GT1 top splits. People in lower split lobbies are able to win more points than drivers in the top split who finish P4.

Yesterday's Gr.2 race was intense and fun. Even though I had fewer laps due to being in GT2, the 20 laps still felt like enough for a World Series event. I did not expect this race to be as fun as it was. It did require quite a bit of practice. It is impossible to have fun unless one has practiced enough to set consistent laps.

It was nice to see @A_Higher_Place, whose unfortunate spin saw the race come alive in the last 5 laps with intense battles and multiple position swaps. I also enjoyed racing alongside PHG_Papa. I cherish every race that I get to race alongside PHG_Papa.
and then call it quits with this game online.
I hope you can turn this around and stick around for a while longer. I have always enjoyed reading your posts here. When I started playing Sport a few months back, your posts were very helpful in learning what to expect and what strategy to use. I have noticed that you have been posting less frequently, and I have missed seeing more of your posts.

Sport has definitely spoiled me when it comes to online racing. The idea of searching for a lobby and joining players with mismatched skill levels in other games now seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited:
Hello.

High A, GT 1, America's first slot.

Pretty uneventful race. Started 7th on mediums. Gained 2 positions when people did the usual stuff on THE and got to 3rd when the ones on soft pitted and entered on 18th lap myself.

Came out of pits with softs in 4th, passed two struggling players on worn tyres, probably, and carried it to the end to take 2nd place.

1st finished with a time of 47:15 with 198 points. I was 5.6 second behind with 190 points.

Nice to read the very different races we're having. The various possible strategies are a lot of fun as well.. PD nailed it this time.

See ya.

Yesterday's Gr.2 race was intense and fun. Even though I had fewer laps due to being in GT2, the 20 laps still felt like enough for a World Series event. I did not expect this race to be as fun as it was. It did require quite a bit of practice. It is impossible to have fun unless one has practiced enough to set consistent laps.

It was nice to see @A_Higher_Place, whose unfortunate spin saw the race come alive in the last 5 laps with intense battles and multiple position swaps. I also enjoyed racing alongside PHG_Papa. I cherish every race that I get to race alongside PHG_Papa.

I hope you can turn this around and stick around for a while longer. I have always enjoyed reading your posts here. When I started playing Sport a few months back, your posts were very helpful in learning what to expect and what strategy to use. I have noticed that you have been posting less frequently, and I have missed seeing more of your posts.

Sport has definitely spoiled me when it comes to online racing. The idea of searching for a lobby and joining players with mismatched skill levels in other games now seems ridiculous to me.
I couldn't believe that I managed pole for that race. I have no idea how the leader ended up 30+ seconds ahead in the end. Very curious what their tire strategy was.

You're right though, bar my spin, it was an amazing race. Most fun I've had in an online event in some time!

oh boy, just ran a practice race in the SF23 and tires......The first one gave up completely by lap 13 (of 16), the next lap 14 and when I crossed the finish line, three tires were 100% red. And I know, I'm on controller and bad at tires. The last lap was about 5 seconds off my best, so maybe that isn't too bad? I made the CRB, so was able to control the thing. It was a custom race with only one other and I was driving mad max every lap, so this was liekly worst-case. I found with the Yaris race, I saved tires a bit when there was traffic. How are others doing?

Still, I'm going to check here Sat morning to see if GT2 racers were pitting and if it worked. There will be blood spilled in the forest.

You can see your driver rating from the menu when you enter Sport mode. The bar under the DR symbol shows progress through the grade.

View attachment 1257501

Your actual driver rating number isn't displayed anywhere (or at least not since GT7 - it used to be possible for third party websites to read your profile and reveal it back in GT Sport), but you can make an estimate using the ranges that each grade covers:

(from https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki)
  • A+: 50,000 to 100,000 points
  • A: 30,000 to 49,999 points
  • B: 10,000 to 29,999 points
  • C: 4,000 to 9,999 points
  • D: 1 to 3,999 points (2,000 points are granted upon completion of one's fifth Sport Mode race)
  • E: Designation for new players who have completed less than five races

One of the GTPlanet admins posted a rough breakdown of how the game turns average driver rating into points on the Toyota Gazoo thread if it helps.
Thank you. Appreciate the help and the info.

oh boy, just ran a practice race in the SF23 and tires......The first one gave up completely by lap 13 (of 16), the next lap 14 and when I crossed the finish line, three tires were 100% red. And I know, I'm on controller and bad at tires. The last lap was about 5 seconds off my best, so maybe that isn't too bad? I made the CRB, so was able to control the thing. It was a custom race with only one other and I was driving mad max every lap, so this was liekly worst-case. I found with the Yaris race, I saved tires a bit when there was traffic. How are others doing?

Still, I'm going to check here Sat morning to see if GT2 racers were pitting and if it worked. There will be blood spilled in the forest.
I was playing around with a custom race too. At 24 laps there’s no question about pitting for tires but fuel is a thing too. I had to take on ~6 laps of fuel to ensure making it til the end after 13 laps which adds a lot of time to the pit. Tires only prob not nearly as bad.

Doing 16 laps and only considering tires will be a different bit of strategy where as long as you don’t spin out in dead tires, it may be fastest.

I hope you can turn this around and stick around for a while longer.
If I do end up sticking around I'll be a bit more selective with the rounds I enter. Use practise times to check I have competitive pace before doing the races. I don't like quitting but with some of these longer races it's pretty soul-destroying crawling around way off the the back for 40 mins.

I know the tracks and car categories where I am up-to-speed, just stick to those. Give me Brands, Trial Mountain, Spa, Sardegna in Gr3 or Gr4. No more slow road cars, probably nothing faster than Gr 2. Basically I'd just do the Manufacturers Cups.

Will give this Saturday a go even if the car is usually too fast and twitchy for me - I can normally save tyres better than others in DR B, so may have a chance if people are forced to pit.

Back