Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,198 comments
Shame they don’t adjust the GT2/GT3 leagues tyre/fuel multipliers to replicate the GT1 league.
If Interlagos is a no stop for GT2/3 and GT1 is a tyre stop then it just feels a bit like I’m cheated out of a possible great race.

Im not sure what PDs intentions are for these two separate regulations, but are they trying to make the races shorter to keep players from quitting or are they trying to make them a bit easier strategy wise for people in GT2/3?
Super Formula race was a bit easier for GT2/3 then GT1, but if tomorrows race is pointing to a no stop for GT2/3 and GT1 is a 1 stop does that not make it harder for GT2/3? I don’t know what the tyre wear is like between the two but just going if what a few have said on here.
Umm depends how you define harder, ofc the advantage with everyone forced to a pitstop gives more chance to comeback with under/overcut, and fast tires at the end. But the tire wear you face using the softs in GT1 race will be higher than with the 0 stop on mediums in GT1, so there is more of a chance to make mistakes. And yeah they should adjust the tire and fuel multiplier in GT2/GT3 to closely replicate that of GT1 imo.

Even though I don't like it, the shorter races you have, I can understand why it is done. Heck, on Wednesday I had 11 drivers finish the Nations Cup GT1 race I did. A bit of an oddity yes, but sure does happen sometimes.

The big advantage though with a longer race is that quali becomes less important. As someone who struggles with quali especially recently, this does play slightly more into my hands 🤔.

@Zorz thanks for the tip about the LM55. It was over a second quicker in practice than anything else, and no worries about hybrid management, so went with that.

GT2, high-ish DR C. Put the Mazda 3rd on the grid with a 21.5. Pole sitter in a 919 was a 20.6, way clear of the rest of us, mostly in Porsches and a few Toyotas.

Went for the mediums no-stop. Up to 2nd after the first couple of laps. The 919 on pole was pulling away at 1 sec a lap, I was holding up the pack behind. Most of the field pitted midway off their initial softs, so I was leading by 5 secs with 5 laps to go. 2nd was the original pole sitter and they were gradually catching me on their fresher tyres. Made a mistake on lap 14, ran wide at turn 2 and picked up a track limit penalty. That pretty much cost me the race. My lead vanished as I struggled on the worn tyres. Thought I had just about enough left but the 919 flew past me out of the final bend. Earlier in the race I'd been passed a couple of times there but the Mazda's superior top speed let me retake the place before turn 1. No chance here with the shorter run to the finish line. I'd panicked anyway when I saw them in the radar and a slide almost totalled us both into the wall, so they won by a second in the end.

View attachment 1260070
Well done, didn't know you can make that car work. I still think 919 hybrid is OP, but if you struggle with it then that is a solid choice. No hybrid and easier to get the power down I think.

At least the 919 Hybrid is not too bad at getting the power down, especially compared to the GR010, that car is very difficult to drive after the most recent physics and bop changes we had, spins so easily now if you cannot tune the LSD on it 🤔.

Whew boy. It's not often I'll be disappointed with a 3rd place, hell it's not often I'll be 3rd, but this time it did sting.

Qualified 4th and had decent pace in the 919, and got the best bit of luck on the opening corner as pole managed to spin coming out of the S on his own and while the cars in front enjoyed a tank slapper, I nipped through and into 1st.

I managed to pull an 8 second gap by lap 10, pitted for meds and noticed the car behind went straight past and to their credit they did a no stop on meds and won the race. But to be pipped by the pole sitting spinner for 2nd, on the last turn as they were on fresh softs was extremely annoying! but oh well, that's racing, I'm surprised how many in GT2 were doing no stop I have to say, usually it's just fastest tire down, pit when needed.

Perfect livery for this from @morinowater

20970417049623033.jpg

GT2 B , I did two races with 919

1st try - qualified P13 really bad many drivers were blocking etc , Race started okay just managed to get nice penalties and then it went downhill ... ended in P11

2nd try- qualified P12 with 1.21.3 , race went pretty good way better than previous race , managed to climb into 4rd place just one problem my RM tyres started to fail so other faster drivers catch up to me , i dropped to P6 and ended there - race could went better even get to podium just those tyres really got me xD

Last edited:
Huh. I am a high B, just a shade off A and I wore number 16 today. Two A+ drivers this time, lobby worth 162 pts. Highest lobby I've seen in GT2 and I was a bit nervous. But did all right today.

Qd at P7. Punted across the tarmac on lap 1 at P3,4? but because it is tarmac, I reentered at P9. Got P7 back by lap three and mostly stayed there the rest of the race. Except one DNF from an A+ driver at the front and one spinner on lap 14 gave me P5! P6 stayed right on my tail at about 1sec diff for nearly the entire race and almost caught me when I went conservative on lap 15. Thanked him for a clean race.

Four DNFs and everyone on a no stop RM.

I'm just going to pretend today's round didn't happen. I won't complain if PD don't ever give us this combination again because I certainly didn't enjoy it - on either attempt!

Attempt 1
I got dropped into one of the strongest lobbies I've ever been in (277 for the winner) and I'm wondering if I somehow dropped some SR on my second run at Lago Maggiore because there were a few people with A SR in there. I certainly don't recall doing anything worthy of losing SR! :confused:

Qualifying went very poorly, starting P14 with a 1:20.1. My free practice best is a 1:19.0! It should have been P15, but someone left before the race started.

Lap 1 was horrendous. I never got any proper practice with dirty air before going in so I just tried to take it gentle. Apparently I wasn't being gentle enough because the car utterly refused to stop or turn, and I picked up a track limits penalty at turn 4.

I pretty much spent the whole thing trundling around at the back, doubly so after the kerb at turn 3 murdered me. Somehow ended up P12 though.

Attempt 2
Qualifying went better, starting P9 with a 1:19.5. Didn't last long though as P8 made a mistake through turn 2 allowing me to get in front, and then I got pushed wide at turn 4 dropping me down.

I managed to get into the flow of the race better this time, but still very much struggling. I put my foot down coming out of the last turn too hard quite early on and ended up falling all the way to the back again.

Ended up P10 after @kirethk accidentally picked up a track limits penalty right at the end, allowing me to snipe the position.

On reflection, trying to drive the 919 here in VR with other people around strikes me as masochistic... Honestly just feels like giving yourself a massive handicap. Not being able to see the apexes of those left handers is so hard to deal with.

There's part of me that wants to just say "**** it, I'm taking the LM55 to the final slot to see what happens" but that'll mean getting dinner a lot later than I'd like...

Got punted two races in a row now, so annoying 🤬. Always seems to be one thing in common with these types of drivers.

Some people should just not be allowed to drive with high downforce cars in competitive races, people just braking late & early randomly. That's a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got punted two races in a row now, so annoying 🤬. Always seems to be one thing in common with these types of drivers.

Some people should just not be allowed to drive with high downforce cars in competitive races, people just braking late & early randomly. That's a fact.
Yep I definitely got lucky jumping out in front on lap 1, even if the result didn't come in the end.

I have the race saves for the rest of the field entertainment later :cheers:

I just got back home and looked for the next Nations slot...nothing, not even an 8 o clock slot.

I have struggled to make it to the last slot in a lot of weekend races recently. It used to be fine in GT Sport so I don't know why they changed it.

Why would anyone even think of pitting in this non-GT1 race? It is strange.

Thanks to this week's Daily Race at Nurburgring 24hr, I have tumbled down significantly in DR, from around 67% B to about 40%. So, with a lap time of 1:20.620, I secured pole position, with only a 0.085 and 0.086-second lead over the 2nd and 3rd positions.

Unfortunately, at the start, the race began lagging badly despite everyone, including myself, having yellow/green signal bars. I got hit at T1, which caused me to slowly tumble down to P6 over the course of lap 1. It was strange to witness such severe lag that I saw all five cars ahead of me crashing out, and me regaining the lead, only for the connection to re-establish and reveal that no one had actually crashed.

Every single person ahead of me decided to pit, easily putting me back into second place. I would have finished in second as well, but I started losing focus, became careless, picked up several track penalties, and finished on the podium, 0.4 seconds behind the 2nd-place driver. I didn't mind losing that one position, as the 2nd-place driver was clean and respectful, which felt refreshing after encountering no-qualifying SR A folks in this week's Daily Race at Nurburgring 24hr. They were a bigger reason for my DR decline than my own lack of speed.
IMG_6996.JPG

Last edited:
GT3 - DR D/S
Full 16 player lobby, C and D drivers

Qualifier wasn't great, but not horrible. Only had 1 clean lap, 1:23.xxx. About 2 seconds slower than my best practice. Starting P8.

The race was very chaotic and laggy. At the start into turn 1, the two players ahead didn't brake early enough and I easily took P6. At the end of the slow middle sector, I was punted by P5 off the track, down to P11 after I rejoin the race. Then immediately get punted by P12 on slow left before the main straight, now I'm P12.

Keep it together for most of lap 2, but at the last left before the main straight, I make a move for P11 and I have the overtake done before the apex, then get unintentionally pit-maneuvered by them on the exit. Rejoin P15.

I keep at it and race very clean from this point as the field has spread out. By the end of lap 3, P14. Lap 5, P11. Lap 7, P10. Fight for P9 but my consistency pays off in turn 1 lap 8 with a clean pass on the inside. P8 by lap 9 on account of a player taking a pit stop.

From here out, I'm not gaining any positions, so it's all about saving these medium tires to the end for a no-stop strategy. At the end, my race pace was just too slow to catch the rest of the field. Average lap time was in the 1:24 range while P1 was managing about the same, if maybe 1 second quicker. Those early punts and off in lap 2 just put me too far from the front of the pack.

1885e4e51c844-screenshotUrl.jpg

I had low expectations for this race from the start, but I'm pleased I was able to at least recover all my lost places. Still my highest points earnings so far, in spite of the outcome. The first rounds had me in E lobbies, where I won 3 of the 4, P2 in the other. Worth about 10-15 points each.

a few drivers mentioning lag.... Twice in my race, everyone went to one red bar for a brief time. I had space when it happened so it didn't really affect anything for me.

Had no time to practice for this one, and only time for the last two slots.
But I really wanted to try at least.

15 minutes TT brought me to a 1:19.7 in the 919.

First race had a difficult qualifying with with a penalty at my first quick lap. Quit and restarted from box and managed a 1:20.6 for P6.
Look at this qualifying result:
IMG_0264.jpeg

Race was a catastrophe, with me making many errors under presssure. Finishing P14.

Second try was a P1 Qualifying with a 1:20.3 and a Start to finish victory.
IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0265.jpeg

PS: Had no problem with visibility in the 919. Looks awful but surprisingly does not hinder really.

Jumped in the 1st NA slot.
Got out for qualifying quickly and had clear track the whole time but still only got a 1:20.5. Best in practice earlier was 1:19.7 so I didn’t get it done.

Started p10 on the grid. Pole was only 1:19.9 so we were not the fastest group qualifying today.
The lag on the first 3-4 laps was terrible. Cars flying everywhere then all on the sideline only to reappear back in the original position.

I moved up to p6 by about lap 5 and kept turning laps keeping it on the track and trying to reel in the next one.
Around lap 11 two guys pitted so I was up to p4 and by lap 12 I was up to p2 and the RM were still doing ok.

Pitted after lap 13 and went back to work from p10.

Within 2 laps I was back in p6 and worked up to p4 by lap 18. Was putting lots of pressure on p3 reeling a little bit more with every lap.
I could tell his tires were fading and had to keep the pressure if I wanted one more place.
On the final lap, in the sweeper just before the final turn he lost it into the grass and as bad as I felt seeing him go off, I have been there myself many times and I know it sucks.
He would have held p3 if he didn’t go wide but we had a nice gap so p4 was where he finished.
It was a lower lobby and I netted 164 points which was one of my higher scores so far.

Super happy with the result. Been a rollercoaster in these events but lots of fun.
IMG_5617.jpeg
IMG_5619.jpegIMG_5618.jpeg

Almost didn't run this one due to a busy day and a real bad night last night at the 'Ring in daily C which included a very rare rage quit so I knew my SR had taken a hit.

GT2 slot 7 worth a measly 81 points, up to now my GT2 races have been worth around 150.

Nice and clean qualy and lined up in Q3. Made a decent pass into T1 while the leader scampered away and maintained around 4s gap.

Was shocked to see them pit from softs on lap 11 and that was it. Just a matter of bringing it home, which I did for a 7 second win. My 2nd GTWS win and 7th win in GT7 overall.

1885fca8dd079-screenshotUrl.jpg

A tale of two races for me. In the first I was seeded 15th out of 15, and promptly slid wide at Juncao on my first qualifying lap, picking up a penalty. I reset to the pits, but in the middle of what became my only qualifying lap, got rammed wide at a hairpin by a guy who was already 8 tenths faster than the field, giving me another penalty for some reason. He told me to "get out of the way" in the chat, but hey, if you don't want to be qualifying with people slower than you, don't sandbag your DR for Nations... Anyway, I actually moved up to around 9th due to some chaos, but started sliding back down before more mistakes and offs led to me way behind the field. I finally managed to get a read on the car when I went onto the softs, though.

2nd race I qualified badly as usual, ending up 10th, but started moving up during the race. I was 7th before I went onto the softs on lap 13, undercut 2 people in the pit cycle, and then passed 2 more during the soft stint (I think they were both on mediums). Tires got a little hairy in the last 2 laps but I managed to hold off some guys on newer softs for a very strong 3rd and almost 200 points.

That was another rough one. Had to run all 3 GT1 slots until I got a decent finish.

First one got lobbied with "He who shall not be named" again, noticed he's dropped to a B/A rating from A/S...although to his credit he actually got pole, appeared to drive clean and won the race. Q'd 3rd but got bumped and track limit penalty and ended the race in 10th.

Second one I think I Q'd 3rd again, more track limit penalties and a spin think I finished 8th.

Last one, again with "He who shall not be named", this time he lived up to his name. Q'd 5th, worked up to 3rd at one point, but I ended up cooking the tires in all 3 races, so I was pitting earlier than most. I was doing the 11S/14M strat. After pit stops had ended I found myself in 4th. Lost one spot and brought it home 5th. Happy enough with that....and HWSNBN finished behind me. :)

although to his credit he actually got pole, appeared to drive clean and won the race.

Last one, again with "He who shall not be named", this time he lived up to his name.
I don't understand why he went again?

Decided tonight that I am getting a decent result no matter what, so went for a third consecutive race, so the last slot for GT1. My slot 2 point score was only my fourth best so this was a no brainer, since I had plenty of time to race.

Quali then, managed a nice 1.19.849 I think it was, best one of the night. Really close quali, less than 0,5 sec from P1, enough for a P7. Since I had lap 1 chaos in the first two slots starting on mediums, I decided to start on softs to avoid the carnage and avoid fighting on my first stint.

Race 3 starts, everything looked well before the braking zone into T4. I just braked way too late trying to defend my P6, and went slightly off line and lost a few places, and to top it all off, also a 1,5 sec track limit penalty, thanks to a broken track limit penalty system in this corner. So down to P14 and there I was wasting my soft tires, oh no. But then just decided to just try to fight back like a madman, and it kinda worked, my pace was pretty allright and a few drivers also binned it. Miraculously up to P8 at the start of lap 3. After that kept going and up to P6 I think before pitting in on lap 11. My tires were so dead when I pit due to all the heavy lifting I had to do, and that was all because of me this time.
Second stint, after the pit stops were cycled I was in P8. I was worried I might lose out a few places and again finish around P9 or so, but luckily some drivers that had started on mediums first must have fought too much behind me on stint 1 and so only one of those drivers challenged me. Also my pace was decent on mediums, and I fought hard. But the trouble now was having a slightly faster than me UK driver behind me, Italian behind the UK driver on softs, and me in P7. Luckily another Italian ahead struggled pretty bad with the mediums and I caught up and passed into T1, but to my dissapointment, UK driver and soft running Italian also did almost immediately. Up to P6.

I was in P6 8 laps before the finish, which would give me 156 points, 19 better than my third best score. But again, having two faster drivers right behind was a big issue. Luckily the UK driver and Italian behind me started to fight, but the Italian made that pretty quick work and was now behind me. I knew the Italian was on softs so I let them get past on lap 20/21. And UK driver just kept pressuring and pressuring me less than 1 sec behind me, I was in P7 now. But they never were close enough to go for a move and then they messed up the last turn on lap 23 and fell 4 seconds behind. That was lucky for me, and from there I drove home in P7, 149 pts, so still my second best score of the season, up to 462 points with best 3 scores now.

Could have gotten a P6 or who knows P5 without that disaster of a lap 1. But it was just one of those tough days, where things refuse to go your way. I also refused to give up, which in the end rewarded me a decent result, which I am in the end pretty happy with. Attached race results and if you are interested, also two videos showing my third race.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-230628~3.png
    Screenshot_20230527-230628~3.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230527-230708~2.png
    Screenshot_20230527-230708~2.png
    122 KB · Views: 5
Well, in spite of absolutely terrible server connections that were down to a single bar for every competitor for literally 50% of the time, I managed to do all 3 slots, which I unfortunately needed before getting a result I was happy with...

Slot 1: As I feared, Memorial Day meant less participation in the North America region, so I was immediately dumped into Top Split in the first slot. I didn't even get to set a qualifying time, because every attempt I made at starting a hot lap ended with me running wide at either the final corner, or the one just before it, so I started DFL (15th). I got 14th place going up the inside of T4 on the opening lap after getting a run on them at the exit of the Senna Esses due to them almost losing it. I then grabbed 13th when someone else ahead served a penalty then quit. I held 13th until the pit stops. 14th place pitted on Lap 12, while I elected to run 1 lap longer and pit on Lap 13. Unfortunately I lost out to the undercut and was demoted to 14th (and last), where I stayed the rest of the race thanks to the horrendous dirty air.

Slot 2: This time I actually managed to not screw up qualifying (though I did miss the apex at the final corner on every attempt...) and qualified 10th. Thanks to a traffic jam on the opening lap, I lost a spot to 11th place when they drove around the outside of me at the first hairpin. A several spins from those ahead saw me move up to P8, which I held for the majority of the race. This time I pitted on Lap 12 to switch from the Mediums to the Softs. I managed to avoid being undercut this time, and retained 8th position, with 9th place right on my bumper again, but unable to do anything to attack me due to the dirty air even though he was much faster. 9th finally got by me in the closing laps after spending over half the race attached to my rear bumper, so that's where I would finish for 227 points. I was originally going to take this result even though 9th place was somewhat disappointing, but I saw I'd actually lose spots in the standings if I were to only have 227 points as my 3rd score, so I decided to risk it for the final slot.

Slot 3: Set my best time of the night with a 1:19.2, which was good for P4 in a Top Split devoid of aliens (one did show up, but quit after qualifying). Even starting P4, I elected to start on the Mediums. I was able to build a 3s gap over 5th before the position swapping settled down and someone who was easily quicker than me inherited the spot and began to hunt me down. By lap 13 my gap to 4th was under 2s when they pitted. I decided to chance staying out 1 more lap to make sure I wouldn't have to run my Softs too far, and came out of the pits on Lap 14 in 5th place, only half a second in front of the car chasing me. Eventually we both caught the person who took over P4 due to trying a no-stop when his tires inevitably died, and surprisingly both made short work of getting by him, so I was back in P4 again. From there, I held the spot to finish where I started in P4 for 271 points. This was by far the most intense that the dirty air effect has ever been in this game (or in GTS). I was able to hold up 5th place easily for the entire 2nd stint, even though he was never over 1s behind me in that stint, and even when he got under 0.2s behind me headed into T4 at one point. I never even defended a single corner! I'd made the mistake of trying to defend the inside of T4 in a similar situation in the previous slot, which compromised my exit and ultimately cost me P8 in that race anyway. This honestly felt like most of the F1 Brazilian GPs in recent memory with the lack of ability to actually pass anyone.

Last edited:
Felt like a day of damage limitation yesterday, had the qualifying pace, but in the race was lacking some pace and struggling in dirty air.

Race 1 punted into T1, down to DFL recovered to 9th.

Race 2, span in dirty air out of t6 down to the back and then was "raced" off the track multiple times.

Race 3, pushed wide at T4 by an overly agressive lunge went 3 wide, both me and the car in the middle receiving penalties. Dropped to P6 and then held on. Top 2 went with softs which allowed a recovery to P4 and I took the points.

Still holding onto P1 in the UK and moved up to 30th in EMEA GT2 league, but gutted I wasn't in higher lobbies for the Fuji round.

Does anyone know what happened to BRacer in round 4 ?
I was watching a stream the other day where he got around 450 points (maybe slightly less) and now it says 0 in the leaderboard for that round (he also got a 0 in round 5).

Does anyone know what happened to BRacer in round 4 ?
I was watching a stream the other day where he got around 450 points (maybe slightly less) and now it says 0 in the leaderboard for that round (he also got a 0 in round 5).
Assume Gallo has enough points to qualify for the finals already so most likely not bothering with the final rounds. 3 drivers from each top 12 countries qualify, and Mangano has secured Italys position in the final, Gallo just needs a top 3 spot.
Also once drivers know they will qualify, they stop and this then reduces the points available in the final rounds so they can’t be catched.

a few drivers mentioning lag.... Twice in my race, everyone went to one red bar for a brief time. I had space when it happened so it didn't really affect anything for me.
That happened a few times in my race as well. It was as if the PD servers went into some crazy in-put lag.

In the last round, at the last GT1 slot there were a few players that quit during the warm-up session. That have done really well in the slot before this one...

Do they lose points by quitting before the qualify? The final round score would be the last race that they quit ou the race before?

Thanks.

Do they lose points by quitting before the qualify?
Yes. By entering a race your score is reset to whatever you get from the current race. If you quit, you get 0, and that's your new round score.

Of course you can do further races after that if there are more slots.

I thought I'd look through and try to see what the Nations Cup teams would be right now. They're not actually 100% clear on how the countries are selected (there's a section for the manufacturers' ranking, but not the nations' ranking). For a while I thought it was, combined score of the top 3 drivers, but reading closer it may be just the top driver? That does change things in EMEA and Oceania. Also, the next and final online round is supposed to be "Top 12 Countries", whatever that means, but I don't see anything about that either.
Anyway, the teams as of now... Assuming people don't drop out, of course.

NA - 2
USA - Calen, Windfire, R. Haywood
Canada - E. Lim, Rush, Lester
These are the only two countries in NA.

Asia - 2
Japan - tokari71, Takuan, CRV
Malaysia - D. Wigneswaran, T. AIMAN, I. Suji
Saika159 from HK is 79 points behind D. Wigneswaran.
If it's by combined scores, Japan and Malaysia are leading by a wide margin.

LATAM - 2
Brazil - A. Carrazza, L. Bonelli, IOF
Chile - A. Inostroza, H. Walsen, F. Munoz
DUDU from Argentina is 185 points behind A. Inostroza.
If it's by combined scores, Chile is 321 points ahead of Argentina.

Oceania - 1
NZ - AE_McEwen, Sidawg, Atom
G. Barbara from Australia is 24 points behind McEwen.
If it's by combined scores, Australia (G. Barbara, Emree, jeeesh) is in the lead by a wide margin.

Europe - 5
Spain - J. Serrano, C. Lopez, P. Urra
France - Kylian, TSUTSU, Aphe
Italy - G. Mangano, M. Busnelli, V. Gallo
Netherlands - K. De Bruin, G. Kevelham, RK23
Belgium - Q. Jehoul, G. Baccellieri, K. De Vroe
P. Blazan from Hungary is 25 points behind Q. Jehoul. Coyote from UK is 48 points behind.
If it's by combined points, UK (Coyote, Will, CornedBeefPasty) is 4th, Netherlands would be 5th and I'm not even sure who would be 6th, Belgium and everyone else are quite a ways behind.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back