Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,225 comments
Everyone else is out there looking for the best manufacturer, I want to know what the worst manufacturer will be, so I have some tiny chance of ending up near the front of its rankings. Any ideas?

Just finished my (GT3) WS race. Qualified P3 with a 1:47 (my best is a 1:46.6), and.... stayed in P3 the whole race! Made up an eight second delta to P2 and finished .7 seconds behind him. I didn't realize it was a fifteen lapper, so I wasn't sure what to do regarding tire-strat. Waited to see what the leaders were gonna do, and ended up doing a no-stopper on the softs. Nursed them the last six laps, and they were about 50/60 percent red. Definitely could have pushed more, as the two guys up front said they were completely red, but I was just trying to bring it home. Overall, a super fun race! TCS was 0 because FWD, and I had BB set to -2.

Last edited:
Everyone else is out there looking for the best manufacturer, I want to know what the worst manufacturer will be, so I have some tiny chance of ending up near the front of its rankings. Any ideas?

Not necessarily the worst but usually amongst the least popular - Suzuki, Citroen, Dodge, Chevrolet, Peugeot

Does BB adjustments have a profound impact on the cars handling like it did for n GTS? Especially in the case of some of the twitchy MR cars?
My own personal experience is that brake balance gives a way more subtle change to handling compared to GTS. I felt in GTS that there was a pretty big difference between the settings, but in GT7 I can barely tell the difference between-5 and +5, and lap times aren't affected. I still make adjustments to try and balance out tyre wear.
As with these things though, there are people out there who will swear blind the opposite is true.
Citroën and Suzuki spring to mind.

I don't mind one makes too much and aesthetically they can be quite fun, with the Scirocco a lovely car to chuck around a track like Seaside, but this race really highlighted the cons with this kind of setup.

Everyone's running at around the same pace and the car has the same handling, making it difficult to pass or really gain any advantage over others around without mistakes. Add to that Group 4's are relatively easy to drive so even the CoD isn't messing with the order very much.

Saying that, I started 7th and finished 5th. I know I'm pretty much mid-pack here so my aim was to not get into shenanigans and bring the points home. The guy who started behind me tried a dive on the outside going into turn 1... yep, if you know how the first couple corners play out you can imagine he went very fast into the wall. I did slip back as the car who ended up behind me did have a better race pace, stuck his nose alongside on the fast right hander in sector 1 and it was either give him the spot or crash us both off, so I decided to back out... remembering my pre-race plan :lol:

A couple of the leading pack pitted, which was very strange, mistakes in strategy I can only guess, which in the end gave me the 5th spot as I did manage to overtake the car ahead again as he slowed down too much for the CoD and then managed to get rear ended by the pole sitter trying to rescue his race after pitting.

A nice time had and a top 5 finish for the stats, not a bad outing :cheers:

20970890043715100.jpg

I’m curious if we’re going to see a BOP update
A mid-series BOP update when the series is so short now would be... weird, but I guess you can never know what to expect from PD. I expected we'd get one this month, to set the stage for the series, but...

To follow on from the rear-end mentioned above, I went back and watched and we're good at highlighting bad behaviour on here so I thought I'd share this as a counter point as the offender pulls to the side and lets the victim pass.

Considering this guy had started pole, pitted and clearly by now knew it was in error, and had tried to fight back through the field, to still have the temperament to show this kind of class is a nice touch.

Had a bit of a mixed bag with the VW race today.

GT3
DR - D / SR - S

- 0900 Race -
Qualified P2 but I could have done better as my hotter lap got bungled upon the exit of the Chicane of Death.

The race started ok, dropped to P3 but was fighting for P2 for a few laps. I managed to get it back at the end of sector 2. But the CoD would have the last laugh there. Down to P5. A couple laps go by and I manage to catch up to P4 at the end of sector 1. Disaster strikes, I don't know how I messed up the first left of sector 2, but I exit very wide and end up off the track before the next right turn. I go flying across the track, I wish I had remembered to save the replay. I let traffic get by before I rejoin. Down to P8. My tires are pretty badly worn due to my mistakes, I'm thinking now I'll have to pit, but I'll stay out for now. Make up a place or two but yes, I'll need to pit. Exit the pits P7. There are 4 laps remaining, and I hold that position until the end.

22 points, not bad but I felt I could do better if I drove a little more cautiously through the CoD.

- 1000 Race -
Applying my new careful strategy, I qualify P1. 2 seconds ahead of P2. I have a feeling this race will be much better. Unfortunately, there aren't as many points for this race, P1 is only worth 24. Oh well.

The race begins, I lose a place to P2 at turn 2. As the lap progresses, my caution causes me to have to defend my position from P3, I eventually lose it. By the end of lap 2 the field has spread out enough that I can adopt my quicker race line and try to put my pace to work. P1 by lap 3, the racers that were ahead of me had generally began braking too late and would over shoot the turns. From here out it was about not making mistakes and trying to manage me tires. Eventually, I can't even see the other cars on the course map HUD. By the end, my front tires are badly worn, but I manage to hold it together. No more fuss from the CoD, either. I finish 26 seconds ahead of P2.

1887305627d59-screenshotUrl.jpg

Much better result. It would be nice if it were worth more points, but it did graduate me to DR - C afterward. So that's nice.

OMG, what a race with the Scirocco!

I'm usually comfortable with FF cars, but I've never used the FF Gr.4 cars before. I don't fear Dragon Trail's chicane of death. I'm back to DR B thanks to the minivan race at Monza, so I feel I'm above my natural DR, and I'm wearing number box 15, so I expect to have a hard race.

During warm up my best lap was 1:47.5 and my optimal 1:46.5. During quali I manage to do 1:46.3 on my first lap and 1:46.1 on my last lap. Pole position by half a second!

Well, I'm sure I'll lost it soon... But lap after lap I keep P1. I'm slower at the esses, but to my surprise I'm waaaay faster at chicane of death.

I finally get overtaken, and I rarely overtake people, so I assume I'll never get P1 back... But I, somehow, do.

Anyway, I lost P1 again during last lap. I had some hope to regain it, but tyre wear affected the way I usually get exit speed, and the other driver did a great defense for my planned line. P2 in the end for ¿61? (I think) points. Most points I've ever gotten by far; almost twice what I'm used to.

1887305561f74-screenshotUrl.jpg

Solid going tonight, decent quali and race, but overall pretty uneventful, not too much of fighting. Took good enough care of tires, maybe 10% left after each soft stint. Drove smart, picked one spot and lost one spot. Didn't quite have the pace to challenge the front, but still not too bad.

A bit of a boring race tbh, no one challenged from behind. But hey, I don't mind having a boring race if that means I score 162 points from a P6, second highest points of the season 😅. Which is exactly what I did 🏁.

Usually I struggle in gr4 especially recently, but not this time. I think it is because I am pretty used to the Scirocco and just a good car/track combo. My only GTWS race win is at this track, driving the gr4 GT-R when it used to be meta.

Attachments

• IMG_20230531_210342214_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230531_210342214_HDR.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230531_210405410_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230531_210405410_HDR.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's a solid schedule I really don't see where the complaints are coming from.
It is okay, only pretty much the repeat of the recent Interlagos race is a bit odd. But I am usually okay at this track so not complaining.

Personally looking forward to Road Atlanta, Sardegna B and Watkins Glenn. I started playing GT again since a few days, recovered enough to be able to play again and signed up with Ferrari as planned. They both drive well, personally don't like how they look though, not really my favourite brand. But wanted to do some MR driving....

What i do not like is this seperation of the Nations and the Manufacturers series and the two races per week. If you are on holiday for let's say two weeks you will pretty much miss the season and I think a lot of people will go in June.
And really not like that I have to do shorter races.
And that the number plates are back. They are often placed horribly, like on the Ferrari Gr 4.
Oh, and the penalty system still sucks!!

okay, rant over.....back to racing.

06de6eff73518c39714bfa3fd1125b67_photo.jpg

It is okay, only pretty much the repeat of the recent Interlagos race is a bit odd. But I am usually okay at this track so not complaining.

Personally looking forward to Road Atlanta, Sardegna B and Watkins Glenn. I started playing GT again since a few days, recovered enough to be able to play again and signed up with Ferrari as planned. They both drive well, personally don't like how they look though, not really my favourite brand. But wanted to do some MR driving....

What i do not like is this seperation of the Nations and the Manufacturers series and the two races per week. If you are on holiday for let's say two weeks you will pretty much miss the season and I think a lot of people will go in June.
And really not like that I have to do shorter races.
And that the number plates are back. They are often placed horribly, like on the Ferrari Gr 4.
Oh, and the penalty system still sucks!!

okay, rant over.....back to racing.

06de6eff73518c39714bfa3fd1125b67_photo.jpg

Ugh, I want so badly to sign with Ferrari on my main, but the GR.3 car is just a little too sketchy still where I’m putting myself at a disadvantage. I’m wondering how much BB will affect its handling…

I’m probably going to play it safe with Porsche on my main, and then Ferrari on one of my Alts

Another to slot into the 'what could have been' file.

My first few TT laps today were worrying. I kept smashing into the COD after being fine through there previously. I readjusted my entry and got through fine if not slower. But better I guess.

Q4 and kept it at the start. P1 goes wide at the top of the esses and spins into P2. The guy ahead sneaks through but I am tapped as they come back on. This slows me halfway along the straight and I loose 2 places. For the next couple I am in the train for P1/P2. A mistake and I pounce for P3. Then P2 but into T1 someone brakes too late and slams me into the wall. Down to P9. Then I turn too much and glance the first part of the COD slamming me into the second barrier. Down to P14.
From here I put my head down and I am the fastest person on the track. I gain positions thanks to good overtakes,
0f364e9545aed602c03bb9cfa54a6277_photo.webp

people having issues and 1 unlucky soul who thought they should pit.
Eventually I make it back to the battle for P3. The Belgian puts up a good defence and a Spaniard closes and nudges me aside. They then take it to the Belgian. They go into the last corner with the Belgian annoyed. I hope they take each other out but it doesn't quite happen. The Belgian misses his shot and runs wide. I go underneath to come home P4 so regained my starting spot.
Before the race I could barely see any of the meter in my DR B line. :nervous:
It seems I am unable to arrest my slow descent down the rankings and the points available reflected that. Only a win could get me a point better than my lowest score. So a good race and finish doesn't help my rankings.

Now the Manu is available it's time to reveal what my randomisation process produced.
f515d3b808461296158413b506a8155b_photo.webp

Hopefully the Levy won't be dry pointswise.

I now have to pick a manufacturer before I get back to DR C! I just want something I can handle without fear of spinning on Gr.3 (RSR, RCZ, 4C...). I think I can handle all Gr.4 cars, just being a little careful with the Mustang. And I also want it to be a rarely seen manufacturer.

I now have to pick a manufacturer before I get back to DR C! I just want something I can handle without fear of spinning on Gr.3 (RSR, RCZ, 4C...). I think I can handle all Gr.4 cars, just being a little careful with the Mustang. And I also want it to be a rarely seen manufacturer.
Hyundai is a good choice if you want rarely seen. The Gr.3 is competitive and a bit of a hidden gem.

I just had a very strange race in Nations. It had all the death you'd expect from Dragon Trail Seaside (especially when there's 28 laps worth), but very little of it was at the chicane of death. I've just briefly scanned over my replay and I think the death chicken only claimed one person. The right hander before the sector 1 hairpin however, that thing was out for blood! :eek:

Kind of makes me wonder if there's some Rick and Morty-esque stuff going on and I unknowingly did my race in an alternate dimension where the track is still infamous for being a war of attrition, but not for the chicane. :lol:

Season 3 Episode 302 GIF by Rick and Morty

I qualified P12 and wasn't expecting much from the lobby going in. A lot of names I've raced before who I greatly struggle against or know I wouldn't be able to compete with. I figured I'd just try to ride it out and see if I can pick up any places by surviving... and that ended up going a hell of a lot better than expected.

The sector 1 meatgrinder didn't wait long to start the carnage, claiming a French driver right out of the gate on lap 1. Up to P11. On lap 2 it claimed an Italian who then took out another French driver trying to catch the car, all whilst I had a front row seat just a few tenths away. Up to P9!

Shortly after I caught the Spaniard in front of me after he grazed the exit barrier on the chicane of death, allowing me to get alongside. After some fighting through turns 1 and 2 I managed to get in front, just in time to watch the kerb murder another French driver. P7!

Moving forward to lap 5, sector 1 claimed another after a second Spaniard lost control. I don't think it was the kerb though, looked like he somehow just binned it on the approach to the hairpin. :confused: P6!

I caught up with a South African fighting with a Portuguese driver on lap 7. I was scared this was going to make me get swallowed up by the pack behind since it was costing a fair amount of time being stuck behind them, but then the Portuguese driver became one with the wall on the chicane on lap 8, ending the fight. It gave me a bit of a scare as I got hit by the rebound off the wall on my way past, but I got through safely. P5!

The South African had a poor entry onto the sector 1 chicane on lap 10 and I got the switchback on turn 2 before taking the position and leaving him to fight with one of the Spaniards I had passed previously. P4! From there I was just desperately trying to keep the pace up since I really felt like I was punching above my weight being so far up the order. Having the two of them fighting behind was definitely helping me do that, but it almost all came crashing down on lap 13. A third Spaniard who had started P2 had binned it in sector 1 and rejoined as I was approaching. He really held me up through the S-bends allowing the group I was barely keeping at bay to get right on top of us.

We ended up 3-wide going into the seafront hairpin with me right on the inside. The South African who had been right behind the pack took the normal racing line and got a far better exit than all of us, ending up alongside me on the right into the chicane. My race very nearly ended here, this really threw me off. I wanted to back out and go single file, but I had one of the Spaniards right behind me so I couldn't. I ended up cutting the first half of the chicane for a track limits penalty and having to take a very slow line through the second half. I imagine I wasn't very popular there but I'm not sure what else I could have done.

I took my pit stop at the end of lap 14 and emerged back in P4. The second half of the race was pretty much just a mad dash trying to keep the position, with one of the Spaniards (who had gone 15/13) gradually closing the gap back up but thankfully not catching me before the end.

Came home in P4 for 230 points, new season best and a welcome improvement over one of the 195s it's replacing. 🥳

Last edited:
I
Does BB adjustments have a profound impact on the cars handling like it did for n GTS? Especially in the case of some of the twitchy MR cars?
Didn’t play GTS so unable to say, but from my experience on GT7 adjusting the BB does help. I like to move the BB forward on most cars especially MR and it helps stabilise the car on braking. Today I had the BB on +3 to try and help remove to weight transfer on the front wheels.

I don't mind one makes too much and aesthetically they can be quite fun, with the Scirocco a lovely car to chuck around a track like Seaside, but this race really highlighted the cons with this kind of setup.
I actually really enjoyed today race and I liked that it was a one make race but with a car people wouldn’t pick. I’d like to see PD do more of these races especially in Gr4 like a Porsche Cup in the Cayman, Megane Trophy or Mustang etc..

Dull race. Started P7, dropped to P12 in the first couple of laps, back up to P10 as a few crashed. 5 second gap ahead and behind, so there I stayed for 11 laps. Inherited P9 on the last lap as a couple ahead tangled. Only one person pitted.

61 points for P9 which I will gladly take - not at all my car or track. My top score of the season as I leapfrog between DR B and DR C. Still need to get back up to DR S - thought all those clean solo laps would do it but I must’ve clipped the walls a few times.

Pretty uneventful race but one incident sums up how people drive, and it makes no sense to me (Especially over 8th place on a GT3 race).

Final corner, on the approach they leave a car space to the left, so I move far left but they then move across and block the left before the braking zone, so I move right. They then turn in on me trying to cut the inside of the apex and make contact which slows them down. As I move to the outside of the corner, they push me wide off the road. Everyone thinks they are Gandalf or something "you shall not pass".

Last edited:
Anyone drive the Slophy recently? I’ve been really impressed with the RS08 lately, but haven’t driven the Trophy since GTS

What is this randomizer you guys speak of?

Probably mean a website like this. Just fill in the wheel with all the manufacturers, spin it, and go with whatever it lands on.

Last edited:
Well, I broke my non-racing streak and went for the Nations Cup.

Decent qualifying (for my level) at 1'45.7 put me third and I just drove 1.47.3 laps, lifting and then braking on all the big braking zones from start to finish, to keep the tyres going. Encountered a nice courteous driver called Widou24 who I accidentally overtook a couple of times as his acceleration off tight corners got worse mid-race, before his tyres fell off and I zarked off into the distance.

Gained four seconds on the leaders on the last lap but finished third. Can't complain.

I just had a very strange race in Nations. It had all the death you'd expect from Dragon Trail Seaside (especially when there's 28 laps worth), but very little of it was at the chicane of death. I've just briefly scanned over my replay and I think the death chicken only claimed one person. The right hander before the sector 1 hairpin however, that thing was out for blood! :eek:

Kind of makes me wonder if there's some Rick and Morty-esque stuff going on and I unknowingly did my race in an alternate dimension where the track is still infamous for being a war of attrition, but not for the chicane. :lol:

Season 3 Episode 302 GIF by Rick and Morty

I qualified P12 and wasn't expecting much from the lobby going in. A lot of names I've raced before who I greatly struggle against or know I wouldn't be able to compete with. I figured I'd just try to ride it out and see if I can pick up any places by surviving... and that ended up going a hell of a lot better than expected.

The sector 1 meatgrinder didn't wait long to start the carnage, claiming a French driver right out of the gate on lap 1. Up to P11. On lap 2 it claimed an Italian who then took out another French driver trying to catch the car, all whilst I had a front row seat just a few tenths away. Up to P9!

Shortly after I caught the Spaniard in front of me after he grazed the exit barrier on the chicane of death, allowing me to get alongside. After some fighting through turns 1 and 2 I managed to get in front, just in time to watch the kerb murder another French driver. P7!

Moving forward to lap 5, sector 1 claimed another after a second Spaniard. I don't think it was the kerb though, looked like he somehow just binned it on the approach to the hairpin. :confused: P6!

I caught up with a South African fighting with a Portuguese driver on lap 7. I was scared this was going to make me get swallowed up by the pack behind since it was costing a fair amount of time being stuck in it, but then the Portuguese driver became one with the wall on the chicane on lap 8, ending the fight and giving me a bit of a scare as I got hit by the rebound, but I got through safely. P5!

The South African had a poor entry onto the sector 1 chicane on lap 10 and I got the switchback on turn 2 before taking the position and leaving him to fight with one of the Spaniards I had passed previously. P4! From there I was just desperately trying to keep the pace up since I really felt like I'm punching above my weight. Having the two of them fighting behind was definitely helping me do that, but it almost all came crashing down on lap 13. A third Spaniard who had started P2 had binned it in sector 1 and rejoined as I was approaching. He really held me up through the S-bends allowing the group I was barely keeping at bay to get right on top of us.

We ended up 3-wide going into the seafront hairpin with me right on the inside. The South African who had been right behind the pack took the normal racing line and got a far better exit than all of us, ending up alongside me on the right into the chicane. My race very nearly ended here, this really threw me off. I wanted to back out and go single file, but I had one of the Spaniards right behind me so I couldn't. I ended up cutting the first half of the chicane for a track limits penalty and having to take a very slow line through the second half. I imagine I wasn't very popular there but I'm not sure what else I could have done.

I took my pit stop at the end of lap 14 and emerged back in P4. The second half of the race was pretty much just a mad dash trying to keep the position, with one of the Spaniards (who had gone 15/13) gradually closing the gap back up but thankfully not catching me before the end.

Came home in P4 for 230 points, new season best and a welcome improvement over one of the 195s it's replacing. 🥳

I reckon everyone ahead was just scared of you and fell off so you could pass them safely.
West Riverfront Park - I love that you chose a spot in GM's hometown for that shot!
I try and choose my scapes carefully when I do Manu shots. I make sure it's from the country the manu is from. When I saw the right location in the list it was a case of picking the right scene. This stood out right away. Glad it didn't go unnoticed.
What is this randomizer you guys speak of?
Most people use a wheel like that, but I do something a little more complicated.
I use an online number (integer) generator and a spreadsheet. Several rounds of which each round lasts until a manu gets 5 votes. Any manu with 0 or 1 votes goes (unless they all get more than this) until I get 3 left. Again first to 5 wins outright. Makes it a little more fun and I don't get a meh I'd rather race something else from it. It sorta earns it for me.

Latest Posts

Back