Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,219 comments
Good luck to those continuing with this series and Manufacturers, it's looking like time to pack it in participation wise for me. Making the 7p.m. EST slot is just not feasible through the week, leaving me 9 and 11 p.m. on a work night. With the same times Saturdays it's expected to just, what, not make plans on that day?

It's a shame when they make a nice stride forward with longer races, yet completely wash it with the worst scheduling they've done across two different games now. There's no possible way they didn't receive any feedback over the last test season. It's sad they thought this would work for the official seasons, I was looking forward to putting in more of an effort this year.

I reckon everyone ahead was just scared of you and fell off so you could pass them safely.

I try and choose my scapes carefully when I do Manu shots. I make sure it's from the country the manu is from. When I saw the right location in the list it was a case of picking the right scene. This stood out right away. Glad it didn't go unnoticed.

Most people use a wheel like that, but I do something a little more complicated.
I use an online number (integer) generator and a spreadsheet. Several rounds of which each round lasts until a manu gets 5 votes. Any manu with 0 or 1 votes goes (unless they all get more than this) until I get 3 left. Again first to 5 wins outright. Makes it a little more fun and I don't get a meh I'd rather race something else from it. It sorta earns it for me.

Welp, barring any radical last minute BOP changes, looks like I’ll be going Ferrari on my oceanic account (handpicked), Porsche on my NA main (handpicked) and the randomizer chose AMG as my Euro Alt. Time to make liveries now

After the victory last round at Interlagos worth 81 points, tonight's slot 6 in GT2 at Seaside was worth 163 points and was comprised of 10 A/S, an A+/S and 5 of us B/S drivers right at the upper limit. I was car 10.

Another decent run in qualy to nab Q4, but knew I wasn't going to challenge for the win, but top 5 was the goal. Pretty straightforward run for the first half, although I dropped a spot early. At mid distance or so, 2 ahead binned it at the COD and I ran in 3rd for a few laps until I was inevitably caught and passed by a much faster driver. The front tires were around 70% worn by the end, but still pretty manageable.

Came home P4 for a satisfying haul of 143 points, along with CRB. I'm now standing around 1/2 pixel from regaining A-DR. :D

1887439ae6199-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that race - bring on more 50 minute races.

I had the pace to win despite starting 10th but unfortunately I tangled with someone braking way too heavily at the eases which cooked my tyres and made me lose 6 seconds.

They really have to ban CSA and ASM assists for GT1 division though. If you are DR:A you should not be using it.

Reading this thread is funny for West Coast USA folks like me. There is already the first report of the event before I wake up. After the activity on this thread has gone down, I start my race.

This was the first event where I was actually glad that my race is shorter due to being in GT2. The race feels enjoyable, like a nice Sunday drive. But after 10 laps, I lost interest.
They really have to ban CSA and ASM assists for GT1 division though. If you are DR:A you should not be using it.
Interesting. I am DR B and I will never get into DR A. And I don't find those assists useful. ASM slows me down too much and backfires by inducing understeer. CSA does nothing for me, really. Wonder if most of those DR A folks would be faster without those assists.

Raced NA GT1 slot 2 tonight and was off pace compared to all previous hot laps and practice races.

Qualified p8 with a 1:45.7 while pole was 1:44.9 which was my best time coming in so I felt like I should be able to do well if I can find pace during the race.

Made a position in t4 when I avoided a car coming off the grass after he hit the barrier. We were bunched up for quite a few laps and seeing lots of aggressive moves and running 2 wide onto cod etc.

Finally started spreading out after 6-7 laps but some of the moves I was seeing just ahead gave me hope that I could do well by staying consistent and out of trouble. I saw at least three to four punts ahead of me over several laps.

I was as high as p6 and was never less than p8 but had lots of changes up and down within those 3 places over 28 laps. I was grateful for the clean passing when I was yielding to faster racers.

My pace was just not there and I couldn’t find it but still made a good race of it finishing p6 after passing a cod victim on lap 26.

160 points for p6 so gaining 3 points over my lowest score for an even 500 points which is a new record for me.

1 more to go and then ready for Manu to start.
Signed with Peugeot again just before the race tonight as I’ve adapted well to both the gr3 and gr4 cars. 👍

Last edited:
I did enjoy driving this car but I wasn't very good at it. Botched my first hot lap and then squeaked in a 46-even for P9 (really should have Qd a bit higher) Stayed P8 or 9 the entire race, grabbed P8 for the finish from someone who wasn't handling tires well (I was only slightly better at it). Can't remember the points but not a very high-score lobby compared to my weekend race.

Wednesdays are a horrible day for me to race, I often don't even do dailies. For all the complaining I have done about the GT1/2 split, I'll cut PD some slack for choosing the one day that I'm not on my game. But I do wish that we only had one race per week. Even in best times, this feels like they just keep coming, so fast, with gazoo and now two TTs going on (and life!). Still, can't complain too much about too much to do!

And I peaked too early just as I predicted. I was (barely) A a week or so ago and...you guessed it, I've lost it again. I've lost track of the number of times I've crossed A/B, just can't make it stick. Doubt I'll get it back before I sign for manu. So likely GT2 for me, but I will admit, I don't think I could handle the longer races on Wednesdays. Weekends, however, bring em on, please.

Not sure who I'll sign up for, I'm thinking audi, genesis or honda this time.

Good luck to those continuing with this series and Manufacturers, it's looking like time to pack it in participation wise for me. Making the 7p.m. EST slot is just not feasible through the week, leaving me 9 and 11 p.m. on a work night. With the same times Saturdays it's expected to just, what, not make plans on that day?

It's a shame when they make a nice stride forward with longer races, yet completely wash it with the worst scheduling they've done across two different games now. There's no possible way they didn't receive any feedback over the last test season. It's sad they thought this would work for the official seasons, I was looking forward to putting in more of an effort this year.
It's times spread across 4 hours of the evening, when most people are awake and not doing anything else. What do you expect? Spreading them out more would guarantee the top drivers never race against each other and your success depends on your schedule anyway. They can't accommodate everyone.

Servers are not having a good time. First slot, most people got kicked out of the room after a long delay and we ended up starting with 6. Skipped the second slot for dinner and, 3rd slot, just dropped around lap 5. Good riddance to that combo anyway, it doesn't fit me at all.

Last edited:
Went in with low expectations so that I would not be disappointed heavily.....that worked out pretty well for me lol. If there's one thing I'm terrible at it is tire saving.....obviously doubly compounded on a FF car.

Jumped into the last GT1 slot as I couldn't make the first 2. Couple small mistakes in Q'ing put me 12th on the grid. Off the start capitalized on a few mistakes from others and made it all the way up to 7th at one point, but as my tires started dying of death I began slipping back. Pitted at the end of lap 13 and just trudged along through the last 15. Ended up finishing one position up in 11th, so yeah....low expectations and wasn't too upset by the result since I was telling myself I was going to skip this round initially.

Did the DTS VW race last night in the second slot (Some of us poor chumps are still working at 4pm). It was a really enjoyable race. 50 minutes and 28 laps were decided by 0.049 seconds.

I sported door 1 in what I think was second split. Qualifying went ok, a 1:44.9 put me Q5, but I forgot to change BB and so should probably have been a bit higher.

Even though I did no practice races, I knew it would be a one-stop tyre saver. So on lap 2 when Mr Braindead Idiot in p6 dived me into the first chicane I simply eased off and let him go. Unfortunately he STILL managed to overcook it, lose all momentum, and run me wide at the second apex, costing me 2 places instead of one.

I then tootled around in p7 for a few laps pressuring p6 and conserving rubber. Unsurprisingly Mr. BI then did the same thing at the first chicane to P4 causing a dramatic bunching up of p3-9 in the aftermath. He then proceeded to clip the kerb on the fast kink and bounce sideways and into the barrier. What shame for him.

Then came the first fun period where, now in p6, I attached myself to the rear bumper of p5 and p7 attached himself to mine. A couple of laps of white knuckle, close quarters racing ended with me getting a bad exit from the right hander before the CoD and having to let p7 through to avoid carnage.

Around lap 10 it became clear that my tyre saving was paying off as I started reeling in everyone from p3 to p6. By lap 12 I had overtaken p6 and p5, was on the bumper of p4 with p3 less than a second ahead and headed to the pits.

I pitted on lap 13 along with the (now) p3. When we came back out we were p5 and p6, but 2 of the cars ahead were still to pit. The pit cycle finished on lap 14, and the situation was now clear. p1 had cleared out by around 10 seconds. p2 was around 5 seconds off him and then p3 and I were nose to tail. p5 and p6 a further 1.5 seconds back.

Same strategy again, sitting close to p3, conserving rubber and hoping for errors and shredding. Sure enough around lap 20 p3 pace started to drop off, but p5 had now entered the fight. On lap 22 I made a move on the main straight and got through into 3rd, 4th and 5th right on my tail. A clean lap saw me stretch the gap to half a second before slipstreaming on the straight brought them right back. Then, a small mistake in the tight right after the kink opened the door for p4 and I was back down to 4th. 5th place got the esses wrong on worn rubber and crossing the S/F line for the last time I was literally touching the back of p3. But I didn't want to make a move into the chicane and risk an accident so I eased off and followed him close through the chicane, through the esses and down to the right hander. Again mindful of the chances of an incident I trailed him though there and into the CoD. Hoping all the time my superior tyre wear would allow a better exit. Sure enough, he got unbalanced out of the CoD and I was able to pull fully up the inside by the entry to the final turn. We both made it through without contact, but my line and tyres meant I had a slightly better exit and I was just in front. That gave him the slip stream on the run to the line and he pulled out and alongside as we approached the line. In the end, I managed to hold on for a podium by 0.049 seconds.

My hands were shaking and my adrenalin was high for at least 30 minutes after we finished. When this game is good, there is nothing else like it. 199 points for my trouble which won't count to my final score, but who cares? That was an epic.

Last edited:
Had a great fun race last night (8pm slot GT3) I'm C/S and so was the rest of the field.

I feel like I got a bit little bit lucky in Quali and managed 5th on the grid. Held on to it for a little while, then had a brush with the chicane which put me down into the pack. Took my time sorting that back out and by lap 3 I was middle of a group of 3, Dadronfly in 6th, me 7th and Rico in 8th.

Had a great battle with both of them for most of the race, exchanging places every few laps with both of them. Very clean, very close, good fun all round. Clipped the chicane one more time, but managed to get back to my spot, someone ahead hit it harder and all 3 of us gained a spot. By the final laps we had spread out a bit more, but my tyres were doing a little better than theirs. I couldn't quite close the gap enough though and finished 6th, nice and close behind 5th.

Scored 29 points to match my best so far, which is nice, but definitely one of the best fun races I've had and got a clean race bonus to top it off.

I'm the one on 2 wheels through the kink before the hairpin sector 1. Note to self: Don't cut quite that one quite so much! 😁

3ece0f497df2cfdde84747d361ef6f0e_photo.jpeg

Last edited:
Image.jpeg

Added a little visual indication that I am a lowly pad driver.

Took the Gr4 for a spin, think I will do the first 2 rounds even though I really don't like the tracks - would much prefer the full no-chicane Catalunya rather than the National layout - especially as the F1 race is using it this weekend.

Last edited:
I had easily the best race of the year so far in the last round of the nations cup! Don't mind dragon trail and love the little FF TCR Gr.4 Scirocco so was a great combo for me. I had a decent quali making no mistakes and setting a 1:45.7 but was still only good for P13.

The race however went sensationally, conserving tyres in the first stint and picking up a few spots along the way. The majority of people pitted lap 14 but I stayed out and did an extra lap and pitted lap 15 to give me fresher tyres for the end of the race. Leaving the pits I somehow managed to pick up 2 more spots (found out watching the replay that 2 people got pit line penalties) and came out in P5.
From here the race only got better and got tangled up in a 3-way battle for about 8 laps where all 3 of us where constantly exchanging positions and fighting hard but everyone was driving cleanly and respectfully the whole time! Easily the best battle I've ever been involved in!
Ended up going from P13 to P5 which is a great outcome in my books!

It's times spread across 4 hours of the evening, when most people are awake and not doing anything else. What do you expect? Spreading them out more would guarantee the top drivers never race against each other and your success depends on your schedule anyway. They can't accommodate everyone.

Servers are not having a good time. First slot, most people got kicked out of the room after a long delay and we ended up starting with 6. Skipped the second slot for dinner and, 3rd slot, just dropped around lap 5. Good riddance to that combo anyway, it doesn't fit me at all.
Wouldn't say "most" people are awake for 11 p.m. on a Wednesday but sure, deciding to go with the remaining 5 hours of a day is definitely the best they could do. 👍

I had easily the best race of the year so far in the last round of the nations cup! Don't mind dragon trail and love the little FF TCR Gr.4 Scirocco so was a great combo for me.
Never driven the VW Gr4 so my expectations were pretty low as I've heard people say the Scirocco is a poor car or handles poorly. Got the say that was my 2nd favourite race of the Nations so far.
I like Seaside as a track, not sure why so many hate it? Plus the VW felt like I was in a Touring Car Race. Good combo at that track.

My question and what really irks me is why are they scheduling these races to cater to 24 odd people (or however many actually make it to these live events) while the rest of the 200000+ playerbase suffer or simply miss out because of it.
Yeah would be nice if they was an incentive for all other drivers in the other leagues. An online finale event weekend would be great for GT2 & GT3 players. Those top 50 or top 100 in each league race in a semi final race and the top x from those races then goes into a final for the winner to be then crowned virtual winners

As for GT1 league they could maybe do a similar event for the non top 50 or 100 who didn't qualify?

Last edited:
I kinda feel like many folks on this thread are picking up Ferrari while I am departing from Ferrari.
IMG_7057.JPG

I had a fun run with the Ferraris, not just in Manufacturers but also in Daily Races, regardless of the meta. I felt that it was time to move on from the Gr3 Ferrari as I was not very happy with its relatively poor grip on twisty tracks, causing me to struggle at Interlagos, the Green Hell part of Nurburgring, and a bit at Watkins Glen.

While racing along PHG_Papa's McLaren Gr4 at the Grand Valley in this week's Daily Races in my Ferrari, I noticed how his McLaren looked very planted, so I got curious. I tried out both Gr4 and Gr3 McLarens at the Grand Valley. With the Gr4, I set personal fastest lap on just the second lap, beating the time I set with the Ferrari. With the Gr3, I completed only one lap, then tried to beat it with the Gr3 Ferrari, but I just couldn't even come close.

That made the decision easy.
IMG_7058.JPG

I did one race in the Daily Race at the Grand Valley. One race is obviously not sufficient to give me enough information, but I felt that the Ferrari was better overall, which is not surprising since it is the current meta, along with the Silvia. But I was happy with the McLaren nonetheless. It is considerably faster and more stable in corners than the Ferrari but considerably slower on the straights. I guess it means good news for me at Catalunya, even with the final chicane removed. Spa will suffer for sure. Can't race at Road Atlanta due to a conflict.

The corner-focused machine also goes well with my racing style, as I generally perform better than rivals during live qualifying (by timing traffic well) and during race starts (before playing GT7, I always had standing starts, giving me significantly more practice in dealing with lap 1 than most GT7 players), before gradually falling back to my rightful position as the race progresses. In the Ferrari, I often get pushed to be passed since I can't be overtaken on straights. The McLaren makes it easy by allowing others to overtake on the straights, as seen in the Grand Valley Daily Race I participated in.

As for Gr3 events, the Green Hell part of Nurburgring and Interlagos should improve for me. Perhaps Watkin Glens as well. No idea about Sardegna as I don't know what the B layout is (the windmill route did not ring a bell for me either) (also not very keen on finding out yet).

What’s the free practice leaderboard looking like for first Manu race so far? Lots of Silvias i assume? Or is there a wave of Ferrari this time? :)

3 AMGs in the top 10, couple of McLarens, couple of Lambos, a Jag, a Mazda. Just one Silvia.

Scrolling down the top 100 it’s very balanced, a good mix - there’s even a Citroen in there!

Last edited:
Done my one and only race for the day, the GT2 lobby was full of As and even an A+ ( myself included was a high B at the start of the season).

Started P7, finished P6 in the Nismo, as expected it was pretty much a Supra cup and they were impossible to overtake on the straights. So the hope was to be better on tyres then nick some places at the end on the stints.

Hopefully enough to keep myself in P1 in the UK for the season!

EDIT: Will atone for my sins of being an A in GT2 in the manufacturers cup, have entered GT1 with Honda, you'll find me spinning on Apexes in lobbies sometime soon!

Last edited:
It was a disaster pretty much.

Qualified P8 which was o.k. and held the position through sector 1. Then the first incident. Another Supra has a wobble coming out of the hairpin and has a tank slapper. It slides right across my path and slams me into the barrier including another hit to pin me there.

I manage to gain a few places before the pitstops and I overcut a couple of drivers. I pass a Ferrari and find myself behind an Italian in a Nissan.
b0103c840dbcbbbcaac29b02b12cc0cd_photo.webp

I then get a random wobble out of the tight chicane. I say random because this might be the 1 time I don't touch either the kerbs or the gravel and yet she goes with the tankslapper to stick me into the bank.

Of course a 1.5 second penalty is also mine to have. (Seriously PD, stop with this BS!) I am back behind 2 drivers I was battling previously and overcut. The Supra at it's head was purely defending so I was able to catch back up pretty quickly. I got the McLaren out of the chicane and noticed that the Nissan before was spun through the chicane. In the replay the Ferrari had knocked them around. I got them on the pit straight and was on the tail of the Supra. As stated they were going purely defensive and I was biding my time until a straight where I could get them properly unless an opportunity arose. I had tapped them once or twice as they were braking early and hard. But of course I wasn't going to take advantage of that. This however put me back into the sights of the Nissan who wasn't going to be patient and stuck it up my inside pushing me into the barrier and a 2nd hit spun me. Of course with my wheel facing the wrong way I accidentally upshifted several times trying to find reverse. I lost lots of time before I got going again. And a 3 second penalty because the track is too narrow to spin back around properly. I'll leave the incident below but on review I can see that a gap was there but it's not a place you overtake. Nobody expects it. He was impatient due to his penalty and having been pitted the previous lap. It was careless from them and they should have waited I would have thought. But not everyone races as fair as I try to.

In the end it was the wobble which cost me the most. I put me back behind the slow Supra and into the GT-R's sights. I would have had them on the straight if not for the wobble and probably pulled away as my car felt quite good at that point.

Due to the changes PD made to Grand Valley I don't really see it as a good place to race Gr3 and over. To narrow and tight, especially in the middle sector. Gr4 seem about right for an upper reach. Whilst I felt my most competitive at the track since it's introduction I'm not going again. Not a fan of this and when others are impatient a track like this magnifies their bad traits. I did have some great, fun and fair racing here though so it's not all bad. Good luck to everyone else racing today.

I've jumped into today's race without knowing the track; just 10 minutes warm up. I was around 1:51 using the V12 Vantage, so really slow compared to my usual difference with leaderboards.

During quali a Supra ruined my first lap, and I ruined my second lap, so Q15 because someone didn't even try.

I punted one Porsche on the second braking zone. Totally my fault.

On first turn of lap 4 I had to crash into the wall to avoid punting the same Porsche guy again (and I still hit him, just not as hard as I was going to). I'm not sure it was my fault this time, but I rather take the wall (and penalty) than hitting him twice. So I'm dead last.

I managed to catch some people after pit stops and had some battles with a GT-R and a M6. P12 in the end. Ok, since my goal was just to give it a try.

The guy starting P16 won.

Finished the final round of the Nations Cup earlier. The field was all C/S and I'm driving the Porsche.

Got my quali timing a little wrong and ended up 0.5 - 1 sec behind 4 other drivers. First lap I looked up and was surprised to see I was in P1 but I was too close to the next driver by now to improve it and ended up 6th on the grid. I'll take that!

Started on mediums and after some lap 1 shenanigans, I was in 5th fighting hard for 4th also in a Porsche. Finally managed to take that after a move that lasted the entire 1st sector. Got a great exit from the chicane at the end of the lap and a run through the tunnel, possibly a little too good as I had to take avoiding action at the tunnel exit and ran the entire straight side by side. I had the inside for the hairpin, but was just a bit too conservative on the brake and came out alongside again going into the esses, again on the inside for the next turn. I held it and he ran wide on the last turn before the next hairpin.

(forgot I'd saved it!)

Was a bit quiet for a while after that. I got a fastest lap at one point, but it didn't last. Went to the pits for soft on lap 8 and after everything had cycled through I was in 3rd in a Ferrari (who was on mediums now), gaining on second and being caught by 4th in a Supra. Had a nice battle with 3rd until he got a penalty for track limits and fell off the pace a bit.

3rd caught me 2 laps from the end and I got a track limits penalty, which let him past. I caught him back up and he got a penalty on the penultimate lap letting me back into 2nd. From there I just tried to survive the lap and hope I got a better exit onto the start-finish. So I took the whole lap at 95% with some tighter entry lines. He knocked me a couple of times in the slower corners, but nothing too bad, then tried a bit of a dive into the final chicane, got it all wrong and spun it, leaving me to claim 2nd place.

Back in the lobby he accused me of some 'dirty blocking.' But as I got myself a CRB, I like to think of it as a solid defence. 😁 Here's the last lap so you can judge for yourself...

All in all a fun race and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Last edited:
Went with the Mustang today in GT2. Mostly Toyotas in the race, an odd McLaren, Mazda, one fast Citroen.

Qualified P13 - had the no.14 board so about right. Did ok in the first stint on the softs, running around 7th. Dropped back after the stop, couldn't find the grip on the mediums. Finshed P9, one place short of what I needed to have the score count in my final result.

Pretty consistent in the DR B rounds, 57-61 points. A few lower scores when I dropped back to DR C. Will aim to average 60 in the Manufacturers competition - think that should be doable with the greater mix of cars.

Back