Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,253 comments
There's alot in my view that needs changing with the current format, both to allow players who aren't realistically competing for world tour spots (Alot of A and A+ have been absolutely shafted by the new format) but also for those that want to compete for it. Like for me in a nut shell the major problems are;
  1. The points system is not progressive in the slightest it has a very weird adjustment to it which means tanking DR can be beneficial to those competing. I have supplied to PD more than once my formula (That does work, I'm yet to see an example where it doesn't), and also other players have to.
  2. A and A+ only getting 3 slots vs others getting 10 actually ruins it for both sides of the League. Lower end of GT1 who aren't realistically competing for the places at a live event only get 3 slots they can make where they may want to enjoy a day of racing. You'll get people tanking DR to B so they can actually do that meaning that GT2/GT3 are then impacted by players they wouldn't normally compete with.
  3. Points Manipulation for competitors. It comes up every single year without fail about players who ask people not to enter 1 lobby and then enter the next and so on for those competing.

I did talk about a solution which would help solve the majority of problems quite quickly in that lets say you have 10 slots for a region, anyone can race any of the 10 slots. Make 1 of the slots (Probably more centred to the larger population of the player base, e.g. in EMEA time slots focused at CET or CEST as I think 3 of the top 6 countries are on that time, UK is 1 hour behind). I can't remember the population split last time but the top playing countries I think were (USA, UK, Japan, France, Spain and Germany) not in any order that either. But make 1 of the slots lets say 7pm CEST the esports slot. So the points in this slot get applied to the championship while the rest of the points are for fun. In my opinion IF you really want to qualify for an event and you have the ability/skill you will make the time, I certainly had to when I was doing it and if you don't then that's unfortunate. You could also steward the top split or even top few if you knew when the esports split was. You could also commentate on it and actually livestream it as well (Builds up the fan base, and peoples favourite racers). You don't need to pay for your premium commentators I'm sure GT could grab members of the community to commentate on these (Who have already been commentating) and more would be happy to... and guess what? That allows upcoming commentators to also have a shot at what they are passionate about.

Obviously there are plenty of problems within it but I feel like they're trying to solve all problems while catering for everyone when everyones goals are different with Nations and Manufacturers. I'm not saying my solution is right either I'm just saying it's "a" solution, one of many that I imagine alot of people have.

That was a fun stream Tidge. I came for the racing, but stayed for the party :cheers:. Hopefully PD/Sony can stop getting in their own way, and make GT7 the game we all want it to be. Some endurance racing with driver's swaps would be appreciated too -(I've often said that PD could accomplish proper endurance racing even in SP mode, by teaming the player up with a few B-spec Bob's.... OR .... make it an interactive online team effort, where the player can team up with some online friends to take on the AI and the elements. But, whatever. Ideas, right? :lol:

I'm having some Ferrari regrets already. Took the Gr3 machine out for some practice races in BoP conditions - holy hell it's tail happy. Tyre wear should be interesting and there's no way I make it round the Ring 3 times without binning it.

My backup account is around the same DR so I may enter that one as well with something slightly saner.

I had a feeling this would happen..... because it happened on the last Manu season of GTS, where a few of the big streamers went with Ferrari, and some of the masses (and even a few of the streamers :lol:), blindly went with Ferrari - no doubt drawn in by the lusciousness of the GR.4 458, only to be utterly b**ch-slapped by the Gr.3 458. Its another car altogether!! And imagine, that this car was 50x harder to drive before the physics update!

But that sound!!!!!

Last edited:
I had a feeling this would happen..... because it happened on the last Manu season of GTS, where a few of the big streamers went with Ferrari, and some of the masses (and even a few of the streamers :lol:), blindly went with Ferrari - no doubt drawn in by the lusciousness of the GR.4 458, only to be utterly b**ch-slapped by the Gr.3 458. Its another car altogether!! And imagine, that this car was 50x harder to drive before the physics update!

But that sound!!!!!
Well I picked them more for the history than the actual usable cars :lol:

I do actually use the Gr3 version quite a lot offline - it's one of my go-tos when I'm forced into the grind. Have done many laps of Sardegna and it's great fun. Must just be the BoP settings, I haven't used it much in daily races so it was a bit of an eye-opener. Should at least stop things ever getting dull.

Picked my alternate team - going with Chevrolet, one of the few I haven't yet used in a proper or exhibition season. Not the fastest by any means but it feels good, less likely to kill me so I can actually attack the track.

I'd never choose a manufacturer without testing for AT LEAST ONE LAP both categories cars.

It looks like 4C is faster than 155 on Catalunya, but I'll probably go with the 155 anyway.

That was a fun stream Tidge. I came for the racing, but stayed for the party :cheers:. Hopefully PD/Sony can stop getting in their own way, and make GT7 the game we all want it to be. Some endurance racing with driver's swaps would be appreciated too -(I've often said that PD could accomplish proper endurance racing even in SP mode, by teaming the player up with a few B-spec Bob's.... OR .... make it an interactive online team effort, where the player can team up with some online friends to take on the AI and the elements. But, whatever. Ideas, right? :lol:
Takes me back to Gran Turismo 5 I think it was that does where B-Spec Bob did most of my 24 hour races because I couldn't be bothered. I remember waking up at one point and he had binned it for like 3 hours so I had to push like crazy to catch up again haha! They definitely have been investigating driver swaps for some time though as I was there when it was mentioned and talked about in Monaco 2018 (Think it was 2018)

Question regarding the mandatory pit on Rd 1 of the manufacturer's cup, do you have to take tires, or is it a simple drive through? At least in GT3 class, there seems to be no reason to pit other than it being required. Wondering if it's worth it to just pit lap 1, or stay out and keep draft as much as possible and pit in with others.

Question regarding the mandatory pit on Rd 1 of the manufacturer's cup, do you have to take tires, or is it a simple drive through? At least in GT3 class, there seems to be no reason to pit other than it being required. Wondering if it's worth it to just pit lap 1, or stay out and keep draft as much as possible and pit in with others.
just a drive through is good if you think the tires will make it. I recall a similar race where we had a required pit and the track was tight making overtakes hard. I was stuck in a precession and pitted early to get a clear track.

I do actually use the Gr3 version quite a lot offline - it's one of my go-tos when I'm forced into the grind. Have done many laps of Sardegna and it's great fun. Must just be the BoP settings, I haven't used it much in daily races so it was a bit of an eye-opener. Should at least stop things ever getting dull.

Picked my alternate team - going with Chevrolet, one of the few I haven't yet used in a proper or exhibition season. Not the fastest by any means but it feels good, less likely to kill me so I can actually attack the track.
oddly enough i picked them because I rather liked driving the Gr. 3!? (and the Gr.4 as well) .... pretty much first time I'm with a popular brand.

add: Also tyrewear etc is not of so much influence in Gt2 and Gt3 so you can get away with selecting a more 'scetchy' car like the Ferrari. But you might have issues with the strategist at the pitwall though...

just a drive through is good if you think the tires will make it. I recall a similar race where we had a required pit and the track was tight making overtakes hard. I was stuck in a precession and pitted early to get a clear track.
Actually won a race at the RBR ring recently because of that. Was about 2 seconds behind a car the whole race but he actually changed tyres with the mandatory pitstop while I just stopped and drove off again, gave me enough seconds to get ahead.

Last edited:
Well obviously Nissan will be a solid choice, as well as Toyota and Mercedes. If you can drive the gr3 Ferrari then that could work too, the gr4 458 is great in current bop. I also think Hyundai or Subaru could work too.
In GT2 you should pick what ever you feel is the most fun to drive.
I picked the Alfa but McLaren was up there in choices
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll do some more testing tonight to see what I like and go from there.

I'm having some Ferrari regrets already. Took the Gr3 machine out for some practice races in BoP conditions - holy hell it's tail happy. Tyre wear should be interesting and there's no way I make it round the Ring 3 times without binning it.

My backup account is around the same DR so I may enter that one as well with something slightly saner.
Sounds like you've fallen into the same trap I did a few years ago in GT Sport. I really liked the Gr.4 so I fancied giving Ferrari a try. I did some test laps with the Gr.3 and whilst it felt a little bit twitchy it wasn't too bad, so I signed up. I had no idea what I was setting myself up for.

Then I started doing practice for the first round in actual race conditions (Group 3 Suzuka with 15x tyre wear!) and discover it's actually an extremely difficult car to drive.

I think that season had Group 3 at Suzuka, Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse, Blue Moon Bay (LIFESAVER!!) and Laguna Seca. I ended up skipping Laguna Seca because I couldn't reliably get around without binning it, never mind keeping pace or doing it with tyre wear.
Early sign-up figures and fastest lap times for Manufacturers

That's a LOT of Ferraris. I wonder how many people are going to end up regretting their choices this season, especially in GT1 since Polyphony seem dead set on pushing tyre wear right to the limits now... :eek:

Last edited:

Gr3 Ferrari under BOP is a horrible drive i think. Like you I did some testing for Manufactures for the exhibition season 1 and in normal offline mode the car drives pretty well. As soon as I signed up and took it for a spin under BOP I was struggling like mad!
Gr4 has always been a nice drive even at game launch, just that it never had any power.

I'd never choose a manufacturer without testing for AT LEAST ONE LAP both categories cars.

It looks like 4C is faster than 155 on Catalunya, but I'll probably go with the 155 anyway.
Yeah I don’t pick my manufacture without doing laps in both cars and on all tracks. This weekend I spent a good few hours just doing laps round all 6 tracks (not doing the Nurburgring race) with race settings. I don’t know the race starts but just seeing how the car handles and rough lap times is good enough for me.

If you’re in GT2 or GT3 league you don’t need to change tyres or fuel up at Catalunya. Tyres and fuel should last you all race.
My advice in these mandatory pit stop races is, too not stick to a pre set pit stop window or take others people advise on when too stop, too seriously. You need to judge the pace around you and if you can take advantage of a slipstream, also if your getting held up and unable to overtake, an undercut or over-cut can work and also if you will exit back out into traffic.

GT1 racers I don’t know if your tyres will last… I assume they will.

GT1 racers I don’t know if your tyres will last… I assume they will.
Can confirm they definitely do. FF cars might hurt a bit though. Just did a full length practice run with the SLS AMG and my front left was around 50% worn at the end. The pit stop is purely strategic.

Im a low end A+ driver with no serious pretensions of getting there so... why not?
I think Im going to enjoy Gr4 races as much as I will hate Gr3 ones.

Im definitely skipping some of those, N24 for example.

GT7 Ferrari GTWS23.jpeg

All ready for the upcoming Manufacturer Season now 👍.

20829839999433063.jpg

Settled with Mazda in the end, switching from my usual Hondas for the first time ever, across both GTS and GT7 (well, if you exclude last season exhibition run in the Beetle :lol:). I've thought about switching to Mazda ever since the RX- V was added, but never committed. Time to change that.

Ford and VW were my closest other choices, both of whom I'd be tempted to run in the future. VW especially so...

Last edited:
Planning to go Nissan again, and again for the choices. Silvia is still strong in Gr.4 and in Gr 3 you have either the 13' or 18' GT-R, whichever has PD's shine at the moment. Probably the cars I've driven most in the game so far anyway and I really want to to attack this season.

20830083606877497.jpg

All ready for the upcoming Manufacturer Season now 👍.

View attachment 1262724

Settled with Mazda in the end, switching from my usual Hondas for the first time ever, across both GTS and GT7 (well, if you exclude last season exhibition run in the Beetle :lol:). I've thought about switching to Mazda ever since the RX- V was added, but never committed. Time to change that.

Ford and VW were my closest other choices, both of whom I'd be tempted to run in the future. VW especially so...
If it was all Gr3 races I'd go with Mazda. Love the RX but absolutely loathe the Atenza.

If it was all Gr3 races I'd go with Mazda. Love the RX but absolutely loathe the Atenza.
The aesthetics and sound of the RX-V sold me from the get-go when it was added, along with its MR-like handling characteristics.

As the for the Atenza, I will admit to having a big soft-spot for it, especially out of all the 4WD cars in Gr.4, as it's appearance gives me touring car vibes. And admittedly I quite like how it's a safe car to drive, that can be chucked into corners with little fuss. Though I appreciate it's an acquired taste, especially after the 4WD dominance Gr.4 has had.

I have run mostly AMG since GT Sport until I started liking Porsche more in GT7. According to that chart, the SLS must not be half bad. I may have to go back to AMG if I can get a handle on the AMG GT '20. For some reason, I cannot drive it like the '16......

You have to wonder if the issues with daily races will impact Manu tomorrow?. There is no way they are playable in this state (at least in EMEA).

So I've only picked a Manu for one of my accounts thus far. I am still salty about the only giving GT1 three slots as I am not typically available on those time slots. Especially for people like me who aren't going to be qualifying for anything, just want to race and have fun in between life chores. IF IF IF it's a combo I really like (any Gr3 Nord* layout or Gr3/Gr1 Daytona R.C.) I might be willing to jump through hoops to make one of those, but typically I won't be rearranging my life around this game that is purposely constraining events and - in a way - ostracizing players from, well, playing. I don't expect PD to bend their schedule around mine but I won't bend mine around theirs either. Offer as many time slots as possible and neither party has to. If they're worried about having super high points paying races, do the three slots for those with 75k DR+ and leave the rest of us out of it. Anyway, I digress... I'll go outside and yell at the clouds now.

On the 2 account I picked AMG. I've been getting along with the 2020 AMG GT3 lately. It's decent car; not great at anything in particular, but decent. On this account, I don't pick the METAs (basically Nissan or Toyota since like forever) and try not to pick the same Manu over and over. I've not picked AMG yet so here we go. I think Ford will be a sleeper Manu as it has been in the past.

I cherry pick races I want to do so YMMV. If I can grab a GT1 slot on the US or EMEA accounts I'll probably go META with Toyota or Nissan. I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it.

*I am looking forward to the Nord Endurance Gr3 race but we just had one of these so I am not jonesing for it like I was last time. And, last time there was RH & RM mandatory so that last one was better anyway. Plus, this time it falls on a Wed so I can't do the EMEA GT1 slots as I am working and the evenings are packed (for the US GT1 slots) as well. Oh well...

Nations official results

If I'd known GT3 would get its own podium I would have nerfed myself down there and had a go :lol:
so, you go to the dailies, hit a few cars and get yourself demoted to C level, then enter the Series where you are placed in GT3 and will stay there for the series. Then back to the dailies, score some results and get to midd to high B level.

And you are not the only one doing this so the split you enter is full of other B drivers who had the same brilliant idea. So you get some nice amount of points that a C level driver could never get and now you are the top of GT3 with all the 'fame and glory' it brings instead of being somewhere in the middle of GT2. :bowdown:

This is exactly why the DR for dailies and the series should be split and not influence each other, IMO...

so, you go to the dailies, hit a few cars and get yourself demoted to C level, then enter the Series where you are placed in GT3 and will stay there for the series. Then back to the dailies, score some results and get to midd to high B level.

And you are not the only one doing this so the split you enter is full of other B drivers who had the same brilliant idea. So you get some nice amount of points that a C level driver could never get and now you are the top of GT3 with all the 'fame and glory' it brings instead of being somewhere in the middle of GT2. :bowdown:

This is exactly why the DR for dailies and the series should be split and not influence each other, IMO...

I’ve been yo-yoing between B and C for a while so it’s not like I’d be out of place in GT3. Fame and glory is very tempting. Maybe next time.

Attachments

• IMG_3523.jpeg
    IMG_3523.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
Back