Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,253 comments
This is the WORST manufacturers combo I have ever experienced.

Make the last placed car start in the middle of a turn? Of course.

Ludicrous track limits? Yes please.

An entirely unnecessary 1 hour pit stop? You betcha!

Sausage kerbs in a tight chicane which will throw an MR car into the sand? Give me 2!

Just horrible.

Qualified DFL (a lap that would have had me q9 invalidated for being one pixel too wide out of the final turn). 7, yes 7, track limit penalties in the race and DFL by over a minute for 105 points. Just awful. I hate everything and everyone right now.

GT2 B , went with Peugeot and i did two races - spoiler alert nothing serious happened and no server issues
946fe0152b45f286588ec25355a5175f_photo.webp

1st try - qualified P11 with not good lap at all like 1.17 , race went okayish kinda boring as i said nothing really happened as i ended in P9

2nd try - qualified P2 much better lap 1.15.4 , race started fine but i didnt managed to hold off people as i did some stupid penalties and i ended in P6 eh :D

Last edited:
Acceptable result today. I didn't notice too many issues with connectivity, a tiny bit of lag, but nothing debilitating.

GT3
DR/SR - C/S racing with Porsche
Full lobby of B and C drivers

Qualified P3, with a 1:15.6xx lap, only 0.2xx seconds behind pole. It was  alright, my best practice lap was a 1:15.0xx.

My race wasn't too eventful, had more penalties than I was expecting. 2 track limits and one crossing pit lane line (I didn't even know until the pit exit, picture included).

My race pace was way off, about 1 or 2 seconds per lap slower. Penalties didn't help. So I don't think I'd have caught up to the race leader, watching the replay, they didn't necessarily have great pace but they were getting about a 1:15.xxx per lap.

After reading about some users here, I opted for a stop-and-go pit stop. Worked well, tires still probably had 5 more laps on them.

Finished P3 for 50 points, good enough for me.

18896d96b9445-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm not super impressed with the GT4 Clubsport, but I do pretty well with the RSR. So I'm looking at the Gr.4 races as throwaways.

18896d987e640-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's my pit line violation. I wouldn't fight it, but playing in VR, I really thought I was clear. Either way, I finished 8 seconds behind P2, so with 4 seconds of penalties nothing would've changed had I been more clean.

Well I think I just got away with the heist of the century.

One slot to do as had to work late, had to do the groceries as well as the better half had a family emergency (it's alright now just a scare) and need to be off in time for the football coming up. I ended up with 1 lap practice which I still had to dash from to check the race rules before entering.

Was not expecting the layout! So the lap wasn't much use and into Qualy I went. 8th place didn't feel too bad, thankfully I know the place well and how to drive it and Group 4's are forgiving.

Then however, it all landed in my lap. due to some nonsense off the start I may post video of a bit later, I was quickly catapulted up to 3rd on lap 1. Expecting cars to be right on my tail and to slip back, to my surprise I started building a gap - likely due to the battle behind me, thank you all for not giving each other an inch. I was even gaining on 2nd! 1st was off though, and we never saw him again (cough).

And that's how it stayed for me, I ticked the laps off and kept an eye on the timing screen. Cars behind would put in faster laps and then inevitably get caught up in trouble and drop back again giving another car a chance but none of them caught me.

I did catch 2nd, and pitted while he had a .5 penalty to not end up right on top of him and losing us both time, came out in 2nd a few seconds up (assuming he changed tires, thanks to GTP for the tip on this!) and while I crossed the line, I noticed the leader dropping down the order.

Yup, my man had not pitted. D'oh! He was years ahead, and quit out of the lobby immediately, I can only imagine the fury :lol:

1st place for me, thank you very much. I forgot to take a photo of the victory screen but I have the replay if anyone doubts my story! :gtpflag:

Have a good race!

20970441753974635.jpg

Definite one-and-done for me. Whoever came up with this combo needs a good smack around the back of the head because this was not fun.

I couldn't hook up a lap in qualifying and started P9 with a 1:15.3. I'd been chaining together mid 1:14s in the sign-up free practice and even lowered my best to a 1:14.4 so that was a bit frustrating. Likely wouldn't have made any difference in the end though, my race pace was very poor.

Lap 1 wasn't exactly what I had wanted. The McLaren behind me must have had an absolute shocker of a qualifying because he was rapid and he wanted past ASAP. I had planned to pit at the end of lap 1 just to get it out of the way in the hopes of picking up some breathing room, and this plonker punted me coming out of the chicane. He very nearly made me miss the pit entry and likely would have spun me if I hadn't been going into the pits and had my foot on the pedal.

From there it was pretty much just 28 minutes of wanting it to end as the SLS gradually stopped wanting to play due to the front left wearing down. So, so dull. Only key moments of interest were passing a BMW who was so far off the pace after starting P12 with no qualifying time that I caught him before he took his pit stop, and the "winner" forgetting to take their pit stop and getting fired back down to last place.

The McLaren that punted me ended up winning, of course. :rolleyes:

P8, 179 points. Hopefully the other rounds will be more entertaining and more rewarding!

IMG_8642.jpeg

After promising myself I’d go back to Chevy for the main season, I broke my promise and went back to Mercedes, mainly because it’s my favourite car to use round Sardegna!

IMG_8644.jpeg

Catalunya went far better than expected. Was in with door no.2 so was expecting a heavy DR loss. First flying lap was actually pretty good but I picked up a stupid pen on the final turn so had to bail. Next try was scruffy and qualified 9th with a 1:14.9.

Got lucky at the start with 2 cars forgetting to brake at T1 and then another 2 cars collided at the first turn of the chicane and I managed to squeeze past so I made another couple of places. Someone else pitted so I was in 4th by end of lap 1! Stayed 4th until lap 12 when I picked up my first and only pen of the race so pitted to minimise the time loss. Came back out in 6th and that’s how it stayed. 183 points.

Really don’t like Catalunya so more than happy with that result 😁

Last edited:
View attachment 1263072

After promising myself I’d go back to Chevy for the main season, I broke my promise and went back to Mercedes, mainly because it’s my favourite car to use round Sardegna!

View attachment 1263074

Catalunya went far better than expected. Was in with door no.2 so was expecting a heavy DR loss. First flying lap was actually pretty good but I picked up a stupid pen on the final turn so had to bail. Next try was scruffy and qualified 9th with a 1:14.9.

Got lucky at the start with 2 cars forgetting to brake at T1 and then another 2 cars collided at the first turn of the chicane and I managed to squeeze past so I made another couple of places. Someone else pitted so I was in 4th by end of lap 1! Stayed 4th until lap 12 when I picked up my first and only pen of the race so pitted to minimise the time loss. Came back out in 6th and that’s how it stayed. 183 points.

Really don’t like Catalunya so more than happy with that result 😁
You might've saved yourself a lot of frustration with that move. If I were smart I'd do the same thing, but I'm too blinded by loyalty to my "home team". :lol:

1686165601609.png

Comedy Team Racing made its Manu debut. Never really got to grips with the chicane in Barcelona so qualified at the back of the grid after being caught in traffic on both runs.

Race time and the first 2 laps kept the field was very close with a fair bit of door to door action. Pitted at the end of lap 2 to find some free air. By the time the majority of the field had completed their stops I was sitting 11th so the undercut worked a charm.

Coming down the back straight 2 laps from the end I slightly missed my breaking point and went sailing past 10th but managed to just hit the apex. Very rough though so let the guy back through as I didn't feel it was a clean move. Down to 11th.

Penultimate lap saw 9th bin it at turn 4 so a nice freebie right there. Crossed the line in 10th but somebody didn't read the rules and failed to pit so another freebie sent me up to 9th. Not too bad all in all. Highest placed McLaren* in the race so I count that as a win right?

Enjoyed the racing and looking forward to travelling across the pond to Atlanta for the next race. I enjoy the circuit in Gr4 so fingers crossed I get a better result next time out.

* Yes I was the only 620 in the race!

I've taken your place (on my backup account) to uphold the honour of Chevy!

Euro GT2, low B/S. Messed up quali, too slow on the first lap, track limits on the 2nd, could only put the Corvette P11. Decent start, made a nice clean move into the hairpin on lap 1 to pick up a few places.

Image-1 (5).jpeg

I'd told myself to pit as soon as I picked up a penalty, to minimise the time loss. That came lap 3, so dived in and got out of the traffic. Did the stop-go, came out 2nd from last. Barely saw any other cars for the rest of the race. Just steady laps as everyone pitted. Made my way back up to 7th on the final lap. A GT-R binned out of the final chicane and gifted me 6th, which gave me the 50+ points I was targeting.

Image (9).jpeg

Better result than I was expecting. Everyone pitted so no free places. No lag, no quitters - and weirdly no Ferraris in that slot, just a lot of Porsches.

Now on to the main event with my own Ferrari. Wish me luck.

Happy with that one. Knew Dodge would be a difficult pick and thought I was doomed when I put in a 14.6 (might've been a 14.7, can't remember) that placed me at 13th.
Thankfully, the race went a whole lot better - I got absolutely divebombed turn 1 by the guy in 14th but I wasn't having that so squeezed past him in turn 2 and managed to run away from him. Drama free aside from that, a few cars pit early on in the race and so by lap 10 I ended up in 8th, chasing down P7 until they pit too.
Had a fun moment where I hit the brakes with a wheel slightly on the grass going into turn 1 and did a huge skid, cutting across turn 1 so much so that the entire spin probably cost me less than a half second.

1686166631338.png

I was in very clean air for most of the race, and stayed out for a little longer (getting up to P6) whilst maintaining about a 2 second gap in front and behind. I think that worked out for me as I was setting insanely consistent lap times completely trouble free. I wasn't that fast, but consistently in the low 1:15's for this car in the race was doing me fairly solid, as I pit on lap 12 and came out in P9, 4 spots ahead of where I started - hunting down and eventually passing the GTR in P8 on Lap 19.
They absolutely stuck with me though, hovering 0.3-0.5s behind me for the rest of the race - I couldn't make a wrong move anywhere. Was sweating me nads off.

1686167071980.png

The pressure was real, but I stuck with it and managed to bring it home P8, in a Viper, for 201 points. Not too bad! Be interested to see how that compares to the other people that picked them. Don't think there's too many of us.

1686167189936.png

Last edited:
I knew going into this round that it was not going to be my, or the Atenza's strongest. So I planned to take whatever result I got and leave it one and done.

Qualifying went a lot better than anticipated, with a 1:14.9 putting me P7, with the only other 4WD in the lobby (a GT-R) in P3. I knew my race pace was going to be weaker, as I had to take tyres at my stop. In the end, it was a fairly uneventful race, I didn't defend any battles early on, and I pitted on lap 11 as planned. Came out P13, and enjoyed a little battle with two Brits until the end. Managed 1s worth of pens, but it only cost me one place, so made little difference.

Finished P9 after 4 people left, completely forgot to check how many points it was worth :lol:, but I do know it was a 222pt lobby. Forgot to screenshot my results as well, but hey-ho. Atenza did the best it could, it was a safe drive, and it manages those large sausage kerbs with great touring car-like aplomb. Happy overall 👍.

Doubt I'll get the time to race the next round at Road Atlanta, but we shall see...

Well, that was a pleasant surprise! I haven’t raced in a couple of months due to injury and work travel, but thought I’d give this a go since I’m usually reasonably good at Catalunya despite not loving the track. I signed with McLaren purely for my love of their Gr3 car, and wanting to try something different from Porsche….

Door 2 in an all A lobby, a couple of mistakes in qualy, but my 14.1 was enough for pole!

Race went smoothly for 8 laps, until the distraction of continually diving through a lapper’s ghost had me run wide and cop a penalty. The guy behind me was close enough, so I didn’t bother defending into turn 1 and just followed for a few laps (which turned into 14 laps). I stayed within a second, but tyres were fading….but I decided to push on. Followed him into the pits on lap 22, and came out 2 seconds ahead! I guess they decided to change tyres!

Cruised on to win by a second, 233 points and back to A+. And poured myself a scotch to celebrate!

Main account for attempt 2, in the 458. Euro GT2, low B/S.

Qualified 8th with a low 16, bit disappointing as I was in the 15s all week in practice. A few other Ferraris near the front of the race this time. Decided to pit lap 1 and go for the long undercut. Worked quite well, kept it clean for about 10 laps and ended up in a 4 way battle for 4th after the stops.

Image (10).jpeg

Decided to hang back and let that lot bash each other up. Worked quite well, I ended up P5 at the finish.

Image-1 (6).jpeg

Pretty proud of that clean race, especially at a tight track like this. Doesn't happen very often, to put it mildly. 73 points, my best for a long while and way above my target. Feels nice to drive one of the metas for a change. :lol:

No lag in this race either. I haven't done any dailies recently so wasn't sure what to expect. Again everyone pitted and only 1 quitter (before the start).

Looking forward to Road Atlanta even though I don't like the track. 458 felt really good there in practice.

Last edited:
Gahhh!

I entered the last EU slot today, came 3rd in a good race, and after the chequered flag the screen didn’t show any points and went straight to the event page.

Now I see round 1 again, with all the slots listed as “not accepting entries” up to 19:00, and if I click through I then get round 1 showing the Michelin Raceway.

IMG_2178.jpeg

This is really messed up.

Did they just can round 1?

Muzziman

Had 2 goes at this one. The first was a disaster, missed the braking on first quali lap, picked up a penalty on the 2nd, got cannoned out of of the hairpin 1st race lap, got bombed later on, just a mess, so tried again...

Better qualifying this time in a C/S lobby, managed 3rd on the grid with a 1:15.9. The opening lap was tight but clean and held on to third. Had a bit of a moment and got a track limits penalty to lose 3rd on lap 2. 5th was right on my tail going into the turn 5 hairpin on lap 3. I could see he was going for the inside, so left him space and cut back to take him round the outside at the top of the hill. Got a bit quieter after that as the field spread out a bit, so concentrated on lapping as quick as poss.

Left my pitstop quite late, (and of course didn't take tyres) but did manage to get a pit line penalty on the way in. Bugger! still managed to come out in a decent place though with second overtaking me as I took my penalty. Kept up with them until the final lap, when I managed to put a wheel on the grass at the braking point for turn 1.

That spun me straight into the pit wall, which sent me back around and ended up with me in the middle of the turn facing roughly the right way! I hit the throttle and got back on with it without losing a place and finished the race in third for 41pts. A total fluke, but I'll take it! 😁

3rd place Finish.jpeg

So was promoted to GT1 after the successes of the nation's cup. Had 2 attempts tonight.

First slot, had a really good qualifying ending up P4 with a 14.6, race however was a disaster picked up a track limits early on, so attempted to pit, got hit from behind triggering a 3 second penalty. Race pace from then was nowhere, although the NSX can throw a lap together, it appears to really struggle in battling other cars. No top end and the overtaking opportunities on this circuit were at the end of the long straights!

Going into race 2, qualified 8th with a 14.7. opening laps a few pitted and I found myself in between 2 groups with about 2/3 seconds to both. At which point I decided to TT my way to the end knowing I couldn't fight cars wheel to wheel. Pitted lap 22, did the final lap to finish P8.

PS. Forgot to mention I got a clean race bonus which has to be one of the first on the GTWS since last year.

Will take the points and don't think there was much else on the table

Last edited:
I was driving in my own EAMA region, the first slot at 12.00 hrs lt. Last thing i want is to bother players in other regions. I was actually entering the first slot so to advise the rest in this region how the connection here was.
Ah yeah, I forgot GT2/3 drivers had more slots to participate in. My apologies. Glad you and others in this thread managed to have a good race 👍

GT2, 1900 slot, all B/S drivers. Door #9, Q'd 13th, finished 11th. Clean racing with everyone I encountered. Maybe get the 72 pts, I don't know because I got discoed on the results screen, will wait till tomorrow to see.

Edit: Oh well, 0 pts it is and I'm still ranked 3rd in Florida.

Last edited:
Slot 6, GT2 all B/S but 1 A/S who got pole and won the race. 142 point lobby.

Using the McLaren for the first time in my online GT career, having finally abandoned Jaguar after many seasons with them, dating back to GTS.

Had door 11, and matched my practice time of 1:15:5xx and surprised myself with Q5. So I guess top 5 was the goal.

Basically got dive bombed or pushed out of the way over the first 4 laps to find myself 9th and mad. Dove into the pits on lap 6 to get out of the traffic and managed some consistent fast(ish) laps to wind up in 6th at the end for 112 points.

Saw lots of track limit penalties but only 1 penalty for what looked like contact ahead. I do wish PD would figure out a way to penalize the pushing to pass in the races.

Last edited:
Back