Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,253 comments
Well, that could have gone better tonight. I basically got the track down to where I could make laps and not be too much of a menace on the track. I also did some pit stop practice as I had no idea where anything was for that.

I entered the 19:00 slot in the Americans GT2 and had the #4 plate which was a surprise. I manage to qualify P5 with a 1:16.486 and that was around my best time in my practices.

The race starts fine and I decided to pit on lap 2 to get some clear track in front of me. Well, myself and another driver get together as I try to enter the pits. They get shoved into the pit lane wall and I somehow end up back on track and falling to P9. I make my pit and continue on with no problems. Until I focus way too much on a car leaving the pits and miss my brake marker for T1. I fall to the back. I then do the SAME THING a few laps later. On the last lap P13 makes a desperate pass on me and I lose control and fall to dead last in P14 and get 42 points.

And I'm not running that again as I can't take another 15 laps of that dumb chicane. But, this was going to be a throw away race for me anyway so no big deal with my result. I was also having some issues with my brake pedal becoming pressed in the race when I was not near it. It might have been my controller laying on something and the wheel vibrations were pressing the brake in some manner. I found that odd to say the least.

Last edited:
Slot 6, GT2 all B/S but 1 A/S who got pole and won the race. 172 point lobby.

Using the McLaren for the first time in my online GT career, having finally abandoned Jaguar after many seasons with them, dating back to GTS.

Had door 11, and matched my practice time of 1:15:5xx and surprised myself with Q5. So I guess top 5 was the goal.

Basically got dive bombed or pushed out of the way over the first 4 laps to find myself 9th and mad. Dove into the pits on lap 6 to get out of the traffic and managed some consistent fast(ish) laps to wind up in 6th at the end for 112 points.

Saw lots of track limit penalties but only 1 penalty for what looked like contact ahead. I do wish PD would figure out a way to penalize the pushing to pass in the races.

So wild…

Was in an all A/S bottom feeder lobby, won… and only got 154 points 😂

IMG_3295.png

Small report to come soon. I botched the last slot on my euro account. Had an ‘ok’ race on the first N/A slot. Miiiiiiiiiiight do the final N/A slot later

That's my bad with the typo. Should have said 142 for the win. Sorry.:dunce:

Honestly tho, it wouldn’t surprise me with how their lobbies work. Where you have 3rd split winners getting more points then top split mid-packers’

My GT3 race went alright, qualified 5th, finished 5th. I threw away a qualifier lap for no reason because I forgot that it doesn't immediately end when the timer is finished, d'oh!

Racing in the pack on lap 1 was REALLY sketchy, got bumped around and was in 9th or so at the chicane, so decided to pit lap 1 and do the rest of the race with clean air. Was likely in contention for 4th, had a good enough pace to catch up, but messed up and got a 1s penalty for track bounds violation, which locked me in 5th.

Was an alright race, but don't want to give it another try, satisfied enough with P5.

Well, that actually went better than I had anticipated.

I've been off pace in practice all week, and the fact that I had #15 on my car in the lobby let me know I was definitely not the fastest in there lol. Anyway, jumped into the 2nd GT1 slot and kept expectations low. Surprisingly I Q'd in 7th. On the start it stayed fairly clean but over the course of the first lap 4/5/6th starting getting a little spicy and by the time we made it back to the front straight to finish the first lap I managed to slide into 4th, feeling pretty good. Managed to hold station for 2 laps until I dinged myself with not one but 2 track limit penalties in a single lap, and ended up getting shuffled from 4th back to 7th again in the penalty zone. Stayed in 7th until I dipped into the pits at the end of the 14th lap for no particular reason. Lost one spot, gained it back by the end of the race. So started in 7th and finished there. All in all, satisfied.

Last edited:
GT1 2nd NA slot and knew it would be with only a tough one with my FF RCZ this round.

Lower A/S lobby with only 190 points for grabs.
Unfortunately I was number 3 in this lobby and had to work to not lose many DR points as well as gain Manu points in what is probably one of the more difficult races for my Peugeots in this schedule.

Qualifying I was .5 off my fastest so starting p10. VR worked against me when I pitted on lap 6 to get space but I didn’t know there was a big gap behind me or I would have waited.
No tires but my plan was if I could pit later on I would grab fresh tires for my FF.

My lap times suffered for the last 8-9 laps where I would have made up for the pit loss if I went for tires mid race.

Had lots of tight battles and came out on the losing end of most. Held of a 458 during the last 3 laps to finish p10 where I started.

Only had one tiny lag on lap 5 or 6 so much improvement over my last 2 nations circus 🤡 shows.

Lost 400 DR but did score my first 118 points in the series 😁 so a tough night but I wasn’t anticipating a strong showing here anyways.

RA is more fitting to my Manu pick than this was so we’ll see how that plays out.

🍻

penultimate slot here. Running Genesis,, mostly on the strength of the Gr.3 but the G70 is not too bad. Looked up and saw I was #1. I've recovered some DR, back to about 90-95%B but the lobby was worth just 83 points for a win, one of the lowest scores I've seen recently. Ran so-so qualy and started P5.

Stayed in P5 when I got a 0.5 penalty on lap2, so, on the advice from this forum, ducked into the pit to minimize the loss. Ran another 6 or so laps all by myself. Actually, I think I put in better times when I have someone in the near position to chase (ghosts usually help me for the chase as much as watching their line)!

Really just kept lapping. Finished right where I started at P5. The driver I was chasing in P4 from the start came out of his pit in front of me but later served some penalties. He also tapped me in the hairpin but let me recover, thanks. No more penalties after that but no CRB.

Also no real lag that I could tell. It might be random but I haven't had a sport race of any type without lag in a long time, so cross fingers.

Happy to say that there was no lag in today’s event for me. Only, the results page did not load for me. Checked the website later and found the following:
1. I did get awarded points. Slightly incorrect though. I got awarded like I finished 10th but I actually had finished 11th in the race. So, some poor bloke ahead of me probably got no points.
2. My SR shows S if I am viewing the website with good enough width. If I shrink the website width, my SR changes to A+. I have not opened the game to see real SR yet.
Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 10.21.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 10.21.15 PM.png

back to about 90-95%B but the lobby was worth just 83 points for a win
Very odd indeed. Probably not many players. I was 58% B before the event. My lobby had winner take 113 points and I was #14.

Has anyone else had the game fail after crossing the finish line? I get being booted out mid-race when the connection drops, but this is three times it’s happened to me now.. once after my first win 😥. The other times I crossed the line and at least got a message telling me. This time a message appeared briefly (milliseconds) then dumped me back on the race selection screen.

I’m racing in VR - don’t know if that makes a difference.

I didn’t think to capture the gameplay video as “proof”.

Muzziman

A rare venture in to Sport mode for me. I chose Alfa (because using the meta is no fun) and did 2 half race distances for practice. 4C was a snail on the straights, thank god the legend dealership had the 155 in stock.

A horrific quali saw me starting DFL thanks to track limits on both runs with #2 on my door. Spent far too much time battling early on, got loads of track penalties but finished 5th for 133 points

I'm not a fan of the mandatory number boards messing up the liveries, but I do like it as an addition just to visualise the seeding. Nice to see that I am overperforming by a few spots in each race.
It is just that some of the mandatory numberplates are so oddly misplaced on the car. The Ferrari gr. 4 is a example of poor placement, bang in the middle! Agree with you that the seeding is a nice feature and visualy it is more attractive that all cars have corresponding plates...

I was only available for the 3:00PM time slot yesterday so I jumped in for one race. I started P5 after getting a pen on my fast lap because of course. :lol: Guy who qualified on pole was pretty quick; I don't recall his qual but I think it was like a 14.0 or something.

Qualifying in P5 was probably a blessing in disguise as it allowed me to do some racing. Was able to make my way through the field and had some decent battles with this Ferrari, which allowed the WRX to catch us both. The WRX passed both of us through the slow, tight left but then blew the chicane so I was able to get by him. Once I got by (lap 6), I was able to walk away from them as they were fighting.

From there it was pretty boring. Guy in P1 was doing low 14s race pace and by the time I got into P2 he was 11+ seconds ahead and gaining. He pitted on lap 10 and took new tires (I assume as he set his fast lap later in the race). For me it was just open lapping until lap 14 for the ol' stop-and-go and that is where I finished. That was enough to scratch the itch as this race wasn't a favorite of mine. As a bonus I got a 5 star ticket and 500k.

1bc33d9c33f184e20f2a324f332119f6_photo.webp

Happy to say that there was no lag in today’s event for me. Only, the results page did not load for me. Checked the website later and found the following:
1. I did get awarded points. Slightly incorrect though. I got awarded like I finished 10th but I actually had finished 11th in the race. So, some poor bloke ahead of me probably got no points.
2. My SR shows S if I am viewing the website with good enough width. If I shrink the website width, my SR changes to A+. I have not opened the game to see real SR yet.
View attachment 1263156View attachment 1263157

Very odd indeed. Probably not many players. I was 58% B before the event. My lobby had winner take 113 points and I was #14.
I’ve searched but can’t find what website page results are on?
Mostly all I see are regs. and schedule

I had no idea that layout of Barcelona was even in the game that we raced on last night. Never seen it before. It was indeed not very good as everyone else said, so hard to pass and it takes away all the fun parts of that track while keeping the awful parts. 1st lap was a bit jittery but otherwise the servers seemed as smooth as they usual are.

Going with Citroen this time, why not?

Last edited:
Taken a look at free practise for RA. Its a darkish race. Adds to a bit of atmosphere for sure.
I did some laps last night after the first round finished and it’s a sunrise to morning race. Not sure how daytime it gets as I only did around 10 laps.

I had no idea that layout of Barcelona was even in the game that we raced on last night. Never seen it before. It was indeed not very good as everyone else said, so hard to pass and it takes away all the fun parts of that track while keeping the awful parts. 1st lap was a bit jittery but otherwise the servers seemed as smooth as they usual are.

Going with Citroen this time, why not?
Haha tracks been there for about 9 months or so. I don’t think it’s been used for a Daily Race which could be why you not seen it.
Catalunya in general in just a bad to track to overtake on full stop. It’s not impossible to overtake there, but you need a good corner exit to make a pass.

Stayed in P5 when I got a 0.5 penalty on lap2, so, on the advice from this forum, ducked into the pit to minimize the loss. Ran another 6 or so laps all by myself. Actually, I think I put in better times when I have someone in the near position to chase (ghosts usually help me for the chase as much as watching their line)!
I tried the overcut. Started P8 and quickly made it to P6. The top 6 lapped reasonably well together and then a few people hit the pits. I was a few seconds behind P1 and could see him stretching away each lap. Pitted on lap 13 and came out 7 seconds or so behind P5. Never had a chance. Had I been in a pack and maintained similar pace, I bet I would’ve been with the P4 and P5 guy most of the race. I ended up doing 75% of the race just lapping by myself.

Nevertheless, a P6 at 100 points is good enough for me.

I chose AMG for the heck of it. The SLS is okay for a Gr4 car. I like the new Gr3 AMG so hopefully I can do well with it.
3B47E848-D95C-45A8-A387-368C6B43E267.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried the overcut. Started P8 and quickly made it to P6. The top 6 lapped reasonably well together and then a few people hit the pits. I was a few seconds behind P1 and could see him stretching away each lap. Pitted on lap 13 and came out 7 seconds or so behind P5. Never had a chance. Had I been in a pack and maintained similar pace, I bet I would’ve been with the P4 and P5 guy most of the race. I ended up doing 75% of the race just lapping by myself.

Nevertheless, a P6 at 100 points is good enough for me.

I chose AMG for the heck of it. The SLS is okay for a Gr4 car. I like the new Gr3 AMG so hopefully I can do well with it.
View attachment 1263232
That Caboose guy is the same guy in the WRX that is in my screenshot above.

Your reasons for picking AMG mirror mine. Both Gr3 20 AMG and the Gr4 cars are pretty decent.

That Caboose guy is the same guy in the WRX that is in my screenshot above.

Your reasons for picking AMG mirror mine. Both Gr3 20 AMG and the Gr4 cars are pretty decent.
I’ve been in a few races recently with Mr Caboose. He’s definitely fast and usually up front.

I see you ended up beating him by a couple of points when all said and done.
6313380D-FC50-450A-A27A-7BAC89C941F3.jpeg

Oh, boy... Oh, boy!!!

I was worried during warm up because my gap to leaderboards was bigger than expected for such a tiny track. I was around 1:16.5 and not a clue how to improve.

Well, pole position with 1:15.800. Third one in a week, after the Sciroccos (another magic lap) and GR010 (thanks to rain).

I switch brake balance to the rear in order to nurse the front left tyre, so I can pit without losing time changing tyres. During first lap I defend my position with a switcheroo, but I lose it soon by missing my braking point. I'm now P2 and I feel I won't be able to overtake, but P1 could slow me at certain points of the track, so I go for the mandatory pit stop to have clean air.

P1 pits at 10th lap and... He changes his tyres!!!! And returns to track just one car behind of me!

I manage to not mess everything and...

View attachment 1262985

Hi...Congrats...I was in that race, started last with the GT-R at P16, finished P13, bc 3 others didn't pit and got 1+ min...
Was my best result and shouldn't have tried again...next 2 races were even worse, only got 27 points, done day... hope to do better on RA on the Silvia...1st time on Nissan, usually I went with Aston Martin, but after the BoP change...
Send a friends request if you like...byebye

Glad the season is finally underway. Not a fan of this layout with the NSX but did the best I could with minimal practice time.

Back