Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,248 comments
That race was really something. Having everyone that close for that many laps resulted in a lot of small contacts and bumps off the racing line. In hindsight, I would have taken W instead of IM tyres during my second pitstop. Multiple times was I punted from 5th or 6th down to 10th or below. I managed a lucky switcharoo on the second to last corner to squeeze up to 6th place. After being 11th earlier in the lap, I'll take it! Like you, my nerves when through the roof during that last lap!

Really glad to be paired in a lobby with you again, my friend! I always know there's room for the two of us when we're racing.

Congrats @Pfei on your top spot with Audi. Kinda neat to have a GTP 1-2-3! I think your DR is a bit high for me to be paired with you just yet, but both @icycls and I are coming ;).
I meant to ask if you pitted a second time for Ws? I guess not. I stayed out for 4 laps on IM, we had so much wet that they didn;t really wear after the first half dry lap and fuel lasted. Wasn't long before you caught up to my turtle racing.

I hope my bump drafting didn't unsettle you? It occurred to me that it might not be a good idea in that rain with the kink coming up!

It did look like guys were getting a little desperate on the final lap, saw you with your left tires on the grass and made a pass while everyone was collecting themselves. If I hadn't scored an own goal, I could as easily been swept up in an incident.

Still shaking my head this morning. I was running an nearly error-free race and in the hunt. A pack staying together like that for 5 laps in the wet at nurb, 3-12 finishing within 10 seconds? That.... seems impressive.

Yep, happy to share a track with you and anyone else here!

GTP for the Audi podium sweep!

Extra proud of this season. All 300+ points, 3 podiums, 2 of which were wins.
26th overall in Americas and P3 for McLaren (first non alien).

I'll have to check EMEA later on the console itself

View attachment 1339953View attachment 1339954
You've been driving the wheels off that thing. I was fairly surprised to finish P10 for McLaren but P3 is impressive, especially with a popular manufacturer.

So, now we have some downtime before the official schedules come out - what combinations are people hoping show up for official Manu/Nations/TGR, and which combinations are you all hoping stay off the schedules?
I really enjoyed the Cappuccino race from Nations. Much more fun than the Bump-draft meme races from previous seasons.

It's simple, yet requires some finesse to eek the most speed out of an otherwise low power car. Compared to the gamble of the oval tracks. One is perhaps ok, but they shouldn't rely on that format if they need some last-minute filler.

The Nurburgring continues to provide interesting races, provided we need to choose a tire strategy for rain. Perhaps more races like that? Spa, Le Mans, Fuji is just a short list of tracks available. I think utilizing more of GT7's weather or time transitional features would make for a greater variety of memorable races.

I meant to ask if you pitted a second time for Ws? I guess not. I stayed out for 4 laps on IM, we had so much wet that they didn;t really wear after the first half dry lap and fuel lasted. Wasn't long before you caught up to my turtle racing.

I hope my bump drafting didn't unsettle you? It occurred to me that it might not be a good idea in that rain with the kink coming up!

It did look like guys were getting a little desperate on the final lap, saw you with your left tires on the grass and made a pass while everyone was collecting themselves. If I hadn't scored an own goal, I could as easily been swept up in an incident.

Still shaking my head this morning. I was running an nearly error-free race and in the hunt. A pack staying together like that for 5 laps in the wet at nurb, 3-12 finishing within 10 seconds? That.... seems impressive.

Yep, happy to share a track with you and anyone else here!

GTP for the Audi podium sweep!
I pitted twice for IMs. My tyres were half dead by the time the rain came despite trying to save them a bit. Apparently I'm not the tyre preserver I aspire to be!

No, your bump drafting didn't affect me. I was carrying damage at that point so it actually really helped me out!

Since the bop, the Audi is able to keep up in the straights. It looks like the Porsche has been somewhat nerfed.

Can someone explain to me how Audi finished ahead of Ferrari in the Americas region despite the Ferrari drivers scoring many more points than us?

Screenshot_20240324-131150.png

Screenshot_20240324-131234.png

Screenshot_20240324-131254.png

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how Audi finished ahead of Ferrari in the Americas region despite the Ferrari drivers scoring many more points than us?

View attachment 1340049

View attachment 1340050

View attachment 1340051

Look at how the points are determined in each individual race. Audi (Amphy) got the highest score in the 2nd race and only the top 2 count so that gave them enough points to stay ahead.
Just like the individual results, the manufacturers' points are from just the two best rounds/races for each manufacturer. Note the blue numbers in rounds 2 and 4 for Audi and the blue numbers in rounds 3 and 4 for Ferrari.

Top10 in the UK for GT2.....love.
Not to puncture your joy, but... I do that sort of thing quite often :D

It's split by manufacturer. I'm also 2nd in the UK for GT2... but it's only for Mazda:

1711313742260.png
1711313784291.png

In both our cases, it's high enough that if we can squeeze a few races in before the official season starts on the 17th we could be in GT1 League.

First Race: Q:15,R:8- I had thought I’d changed my tires from quali, but apparently not. The Mustang is not the best in the wet either, so I was basically crawling on half-worn Inters. Fell from a high of 4th/5th, to slipping and sliding down to eighth.

Second Race:Q:6,R:5- An all dry qualifying and being held up by a McLaren made me be slower than I wanted in the Ford GTE(which was pretty good at the Nurburgring). Fighting up near the top 5 then spun out in Wersheifen and got rear damage. Later on fighting someone out of Bergwerk and got lag-hit and got front damage. That pretty much sealed my fate for a Top 5 finish, though I feel like I could’ve done better.
39352a2d71c22d9b598f8e44512afa83_photo.webp

9e61e219dcdff46b7ccf8ef0c2017c04_photo.webp

bdc6524a79a538044efef302c5098d52_photo.webp

Last edited:
I need to start kinda-sorta-grinding DR in daily races…. which means I’ll have to swallow my pride and drive META cars for a bit 🤮

Here was my Ferrari season this go-round. Bad luck got me a 6th at GV and a podium at Bathurst was probably just lucky - so I’ll count this finish as the law of averages working out as intended. But my goal is to be in some low-300 point lobbies next season

IMG_4387.jpeg

IMG_4388.png

Last edited:
I need to start kinda-sorta-grinding DR in daily races…. which means I’ll have to swallow my pride and drive META cars for a bit 🤮

Here was my Ferrari season this go-round. Bad luck got me a 6th at GV and a podium at Bathurst was probably just lucky - so I’ll count this finish as the law of averages working out as intended. But my goal is to be in some low-300 point lobbies next season

View attachment 1340163

View attachment 1340164
I took 5th in Ferrari I was very pleased!

You are just kidding right? What are going to grind for? I do agree with the META comment - I usually use the car that I feel drives best for me BUT . . . BUT . . . please don't listen to me (I am at the opposite end of the DR spectrum).

Good job on your season!

You are just kidding right? What are going to grind for? I do agree with the META comment - I usually use the car that I feel drives best for me BUT . . . BUT . . . please don't listen to me (I am at the opposite end of the DR spectrum).

Good job on your season!

I need to get higher DR to get into lobbies that have more points available in them. Typically, I only race Ferrari’s in daily races (on the rare occasion I actually do them). Usually, if there’s no season to get ready for, I just test/tune road cars and enjoy all this fine game has to offer with an H-pattern and VR headset 😎.

But I’m going to start doing dailies a little bit again now that Gr.4 is balanced. I’ll just race my Porsche or something in GR.3

Last edited:
Hi guys, here are my last races in the Manu Cup:

My plan was not to do any stipid overtakes and wait for over drivers mistakes. I hoped for a decent result in 2 races, but ...

GT2, all lobbies B|S

Races 1, 2 and 3:There is not much to say. These races where just a collection of every mistake you can make on that track.
Race 1 was the only realy dry one, but i was 12th out of 13.
Race 2 started dry, lap 2 had rain on the radar but was easy on hard tyres and in lap 3 the rain increased right at the beginning and became fully undriveable. Me and some other guy didn't even made to the finish in the time limit.
Race 3, well forget that!

Race 4: This time i started qualy on IM, because the rain seemed pretty close. It was the right decision, as i started from P4!
The race itself went well until a Porsche hit me, i spun and was back to P8. Not that bad, but right after lap 2 my PS4 lost connection to the PSN.
I was so pi..., i turned the PS4 off and thought thats it, i have enough. But i didn't wanted it to end this way.

Race 5: The last race possible. This time i saw the rain would hit the track in quali later. So i went out as early as i could on hard tires. Two cars in front of me. One of them lost controll quite early and i was behind another 911.
He was at quite the same speed as i. So i had hopes to get a decent slipstream on the "Döttinger Höhe". But he lost it short before the little "Karussel". Wasn't my best lap, but no big mistakes and P6.
At the first corner of the race i lost one place, but as one guy went to meet Barry i was back on P6. The radar showed some light rain, witch hit the track on lap 2. Despite that it was still easy on the hard tires. As another driver lost controll, i gained another position to P5.
I was still in contact to the leading group, 5 to 7 seconds behind the leader. At the end of lap 2 there was a dark green spot of rain aproaching the track, wich reminded me very much on my second race!
So i went and took IM for lap 3. None of the guys in front of me pitted. Behind me opinions where split. I left the pits on P9 with more than 20s to P8.
So i was waiting for the rain, but it didn't seem to come. Until about half of the lap i saw the first yellow flag. Followed by a very slow car. As green flags appeared it was an easy gained position. Some corners later again yellow flags. This time i seemed to found everybody on hard tires grouped in a bunch crawling in the green hell. Finally the dark green spot had arrived and even on IM i had to be very carefull!
I passed the leader at "youtube"-corner. It was pretty unbelievable as i saw P1 on the screen! With some cautious driving i made it to the finish. 6s to P2 and my first ever victory and 107 points!

Gran Turismo™ 7_victory.jpg

With 3.300.000 Cr. and 40th position in germany (Porsche) i'm very happy and way better than i excpected in my first online racing championship!

Thank you all for your help with informations and reports! And congratulations to your awesome results!

So, now we have some downtime before the official schedules come out - what combinations are people hoping show up for official Manu/Nations/TGR, and which combinations are you all hoping stay off the schedules?
A few less of the road circuits. GVH, Mt Panorama and Nord in the same Manufacturers season was a bit overkill, I'm getting PTSD from all the barrier collisions and close calls. I wouldn't mind a rare Tokyo appearance but other than that it would be nice to have a run of "proper" circuits - Watkins Glen, Interlagos, Catalunya, Spa, Daytona, Red Bull Ring.

Rain races would be nice, some tyre/fuel strategy is a must. Please no more 10-12 lap no-stop sprints on RH tyres.

For Nations, a good mixture of cars being used, not only race cars
I wouldn't really want any combo that has been used very frequently in dailies or GTWS, though can understand why they have them
A couple more timeslots for GT1 would be nice also

Saturday's race was only really notable for being my first A+ race... I haven't even watched the replay, it was a bit annoying.

Caught and passed a Finnish driver on my quali lap from about 4 seconds behind, they then bumped me into the grass halfway round. I quit and they continued, no doubt crashing again because they quit and started two places behind me at the back. An apology would have been nice.

Race was a mad queue of cars getting nowhere while the pole driver disappeared. Somehow I avoided damage for the first couple of laps and ducked in to try and get out of the crazy traffic. My tyres were pretty good and I had 60% fuel, so no change on the tyres, a quick splash and dash.

I was quite pleased with myself for the next lap as I was P5 with a car 6 secs behind and not closing. Being in an A+ lobby is easy! Then I nearly crashed in the opening turns of the Nord, losing 3 secs, then later I spun as old rear tyres made the Macca loose. No damage but now I was hoping for rain and some fresh tyres!

But I brought it home for P7 with 0.1 fuel so overall the strategy worked, but with no rain to spice things up my race felt a bit flat.

I didn't do Bathurst either sadly but the first 2 races were mega and got me 227 points each and a decent overall finish.

And the Finnish driver came last #karma :cheers:

Last edited:
Hopefully there's at least a couple of road car rounds in the TGR Cup - GR86, Corolla, Yaris, etc. - as in the past.
Pretty much guaranteed to be a GT-One event as well, likely Le Mans, should be fun.
Yeah, TGR seems pretty predictable:
  • There'll be a race in the GR010 and one in the GT-One. Probably one at Le Mans, one at Fuji.
  • Three or four races split across the GR Yaris, road GR Supra, GR86, and Gr.3 and Gr.4 Toyota race cars.
  • One race in a non-GR Toyota road car.
  • The final race will be TBA at reveal time for a new GR car we get in a July/August update. Everyone gets excited thinking that it's the GT500 GR Supra at Sugo, only to be disappointed when it ends up being Lake Louise in a RAV4 GR Sport or something.

View attachment 1340049

View attachment 1340050

View attachment 1340051
Simple Audi's 20 points overall was better than Ferrari's 19 points overall. Only the top driver for that round (highest points scorer) points count. They get given points starting with the highest score down to the lowest. It's those points that score on the leaderboard.

Back