Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,225 comments
I went into this one with a bit of dread. A couple of laps yesterday left me well of the pace and not feeling too comfortable with the car. However a few laps this morning and I burnt seconds of my FP times and was able to get a tune from the car. Certainly felt I could be competitive.
Lobby was a bit down on my DR, needing 7th or above to better my lowest points. As usual I waited in the pits. The Frenchman behind me blew their horn after 10 seconds and seeing as there was a gap I left about 5 seconds after that only for them to follow me.
I guess my wheel isn't straight as I leave the pits, the wobble I get from correcting puts me over the line on one of the easiest to avoid. 🤦‍♂️ Still at least it is on the outlap. I gap the Frenchman a little but make sure I get out of the way and stay off throttle until they pass. Though they also brake and hold back a little before deciding against it. I'm not sure if they also had a pen or are somehow playing with me given the horn and instantly following me out. On my first flying lap I run wide out of the esses and slam into the pit wall. Still this lap gives me provisional 8th. At the start of lap 2 the Frenchman lets me past into t1 which puts me off and causes me to run horribly wide through turns 2 and 3. The rest of the lap is better and I amazingly not only run my fastest lap of the day finally braking into the 51's but also grab P3 on the grid. So top tip; muck up the first sector it is a lot faster.

All is good and us top 3 brake away a little. The 2 guys in front are too fast for me and start to pull a gap. But then I hit car issues. I get a slide through BBB and a corner cut pen in LM's famously non existent track limits (just my luck!) and it allows them to catch up. I run wide out of T4 and a Swede passes me. Then a German forces his way through the fast chicane. (WTF!) Then the Frenchman from before gets past me as the car hasn't settled from the hit. It settles after that but I have much to do. I pass the Frenchman in S3 and one pits off mediums. (A car I didn't even see pass me.) The Swede goes in on Lap 9 and I stay to lap 10. Man the mediums are awful! I come out and slide under braking right across the Swede's brow. This confusion allows me to keep the place. I begin to pull a slight gap but then through the fast chicane after the straight the car just pulls left. I guess I must have clipped the sausage but I don't recall feeling or seeing that. I hit the barrier and spin. I am sort of facing the right way but once I recover I am down to 10th. In the remaining laps I can only recover 1 place and cross the line P9. I get P8 as a Czech driver forgot the tyre rule. Apparently I gain DR but Gran Tracker tells me I stayed the same, I guess PD don't have an icon for that. And I equalled my lowest DR for the season.

2a98d0f06a867696d86abab98d7f525a_photo.webp
Lap 1 before it all fell apart.

The car is wonderful in FP and in clean air. But you can't race wheel to wheel in it. It is unpredictable like that. You don't know whether the car refuses to brake one lap to the other. You don't know whether it will skip under acceleration causing to to portal a few meters to the side and the grass. So a bit of a what could have been for me.

So I've picked two Manus thus far: Chevy and Ford. With the two races I really want to do (N24 & Tona) both being on Wed I am going to struggle to find time to do either one which irks me.

I think the Ford GT 18 can be quick around Nord; probably not as good as like the Porsche, M6, Genny, but it's pretty quick down the straights with decent tire wear for an MR.

I've not picked on the main account. I don't want to pick McLaren again as I did the last two Manus. But, and I have to give it to PD here, finding a one-size-fits-all is proving tough. I think Tona RC is the stand out that will hurt Manus like Porsche, Nissan, Audi, Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, etc.

Like I said earlier, I tend to overthink the crap out of this.

So just for shrimps and giggles, I jumped into a Prius and did some TT laps around Leguna. I don't even know what to say... the car barely touches 80mph (I didn't have BoP on so it may be even less!). It also has some odd throttle response delay thing going on. Like shortly after you come off the throttle it goes to idle rpms, so when you hit the gas it has to jump back up and 're-engage' the trans (even though we have MT in the game, definitely feels like a slushbox).

It's not as ugly as I thought it'd be but it drives even worse... and that's saying a lot.

ce25c9267fe02b517a56f28a0eed9d9e_photo.webp
If memory serves, BoP-ing a road car simply removes the effects of any installed parts/aero/weight reduction, though not wide bodies or engine swaps.

As for the next several rounds being rentals only, while I'm not happy that I spent good Cr. to get a Living Legend to paint and use, I'm happy that I won't have to do that for the Gr.1 race.

I mean it drive well with a setup.

Too bad everyone is against setting up car to not drive like ****.
Are setups enabled for this race? I didn't see anything in the details.

My other problem is I'm absolute garbage at Magiorre reverse. I would rather drive the Nordschliefe in torrential downpour than this track lol.

I just went back in the game and checked. It's on mid speed BOP so you can't tune it 😥

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I noticed on GT Engine that there is a difference between Leagues 1 and the other two. I've been away from the game for some time, but is this true and why they do it?

Does @Mistah_MCA still cover league 2 and 3?
Most dissapointing about it is that 2/3 have no fuel consumption?

Last edited:
I'm still cursed this season, but the combo itself was so incredibly cursed for most that it still ended up working out well! Fun car to drive in free practice, nice to be in as a VR player but very difficult to race with.

I started on pole with a 1:48.541 which I was really happy with, 3 tenths clear of P2. However, me leading a race must still be illegal and once again I blundered lap 1 by cutting the S-bends a bit and getting a 1.5s track limits penalty. Serving it on lap 2 dropped me down to P3.

Everyone else was miles behind though, so I mostly got away with it. P4 (who also started on Mediums) had made a mistake and ended up with P5 going up the back of him at the exit of the S-bends, so the three of us had majorly broken away. Trying to follow in these things is hard though, that dirty air is mean. I tried going for an undercut by pitting on lap 7 to get off the Softs. It might have worked, but I got caught behind a couple of people fighting and I think that cost me some time. I ended up right behind P2 again after he emerged from the pits a couple of laps later.

We rejoined P1 later still after his pit stop, and then stayed in a train again the rest of the way. It's just too difficult to set up any attempt to attack in these things unless one is just massively slower than the other. :boggled:

I'm annoyed at myself for making the mistake, but I may well not have held pole anyway. The guy who won was very good at following in my dirty air over those first two laps as well, much more so than I was following P2. I might have buckled under the pressure at some point later, and I've still got a podium and 204 points so... :cool:

That also helps negate some of the absolute pounding my DR has been taking recently. I want to get back up to A+ please!!!

Last edited:
First Nations race of the season, I prefer the longer races with at least the option of strategy so was looking forward to this. In practice I could do 1.47 so was reasonably confident I wouldn't embarrass myself in an A+ lobby...

EU race 1, everything was going fine until the pitstop, you can't sprint around turn one on cold mediums so I was cautious, the Frenchman behind didn't care and punted me straight off. Damaged I limp home 12th imagining the revenge I will one day exact on them (I probably won't).

Slightly annoyed I went again in race 2. Door 14 I qualified 7th with an ok lap, once again confident my pace will be ok. Start on softs and this time there's some clean and fair racing. Lap one at the end of the back straight I braked a little late and flew past door 1... just made the apex by shifting to 2nd, no contact but gave me a little warning about braking earlier in the slip.

IMG_8696.JPG

After a bit of duelling things settled down and I stuck close to P6, with P7 and the rest falling back. As the leaders caught us after their early stop for fresh softs I stopped on lap 9 and completed an undercut to grab P5.

Good pace had me catching an early pitter with old mediums on lap 14. They made a mistake coming onto the back straight and I was nearly alongside... with the experience of my lap one dive I braked late, hit the apex and took P4...

IMG_8698.JPG

Job done and I was so pleased I didn't check the points. Nice to enjoy a solid result and forget all about race one, and enjoy post race beverage or two... :cheers:

Last edited:
Just done the 15 lapper at Lake Maggiore in the Living Legend. I was reluctant to enter based on how my practice went and I should have went with my gut. It's a brutal of a drive, hated every minute of it. Thing has the turning circle of a WWII Panzer - even with rear brake balance to try and help turning in. Just had no confidence on the reverse of this track whatsoever, love the normal track though.

Couldn't better a 1:56.291 in practice and in the race it wasnt any better.

Maybe once I get this car for myself I'll try and tune it but the stock setup was awful, for me anyway.

Started 6th. Everyone in my race was pretty clean, though you could see moments where people went faster or slower at certain corners. Or maybe I was going faster or slower at certain corners. A few people ahead went off, a few people behind passed me and I spent a lot of the race having a great fight with a French guy, but he went wide at turn 1 on lap 14 and I ended up finishing 6th without much fuss. Looking at the replay 5th was on worn softs by the end so I might have caught him, but no.

I didn't practice much so just started on softs and ran them until I didn't have any confidence in them any more. Seems I pitted on lap 8, which was the same lap I got my one penalty for track limits. A small fly appeared and distracted me through the esses. I didn't see it before or after that for the whole race. I don't know how long I spent practicing but it definitely wasn't 15 laps, so I was quite surprised by how well I held it together. I think my fastest lap actually came on the medium tyres towards the end as well. The car still feels like something from Ridge Racer and Lake Maggie is the worst track in the game but I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course Reverse_.jpeg

A shame we couldn't use custom liveries, but maybe one day PD will make their game run properly.

One and done in the 7pm slot as I've been out all day. Started 11th as I was massively held up in qualifying, probably should have qualified top 3. Finished 8th.

Was high as 3rd at one point in the first stint until two dirty idiots decided to combine to completely ruin my race with dive bomb moves and just flat out punting me off track.

Oh and to top it all off, one of those two took someone else off (I saw them about 1.5s up the road). The guy who got taken out then called me dirty after the race! The only time I ever saw the guy throughout the whole race was when I was driving through his ghost 😢

Glad that's over with. Hated that car/track combo with every part of my soul.

Last edited:
Hi, I noticed on GT Engine that there is a difference between Leagues 1 and the other two. I've been away from the game for some time, but is this true and why they do it?

Does @Mistah_MCA still cover league 2 and 3?
Most dissapointing about it is that 2/3 have no fuel consumption?
Do you mean tire wear? In GT2/3, tire wear is disabled for qualifying, but in GT1 it is enabled. In qualifying, the fuel multiplier is disabled for both. For the race, both GT1 and GT2/3 have fuel and tire multipliers set to 2x.

I believe the only other difference is damage. GT1 gets Heavy. GT2/3 gets Light.

Looks like the next slot (9pm Central European Time) is bugged or something, can't do Practice (deny/"bonk" sound) and no time slots for the actual race
edit or the last one was at 8pm, oh well better luck next time

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240427204856.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240427204856.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Damn. Pretty tough race. The race was mostly clean as is usual with my lobbies. I wanted to slow down and take it easier but I had to keep pushing hard for all 15 laps due being relentlessly chased by multiple folks.

Start: With door#5 and having qualified 7th, I opted to start on S. It helped me in not getting mobbed early on and also helped me overtake two guys on M (thank you those guys for cooperating with me in overtaking them on this difficult track+car combo).

Pit: I pitted for M on 7th lap while running 5th when S started getting really understeer-y at just 5th lap despite +5 BB. Even M started getting considerably understeer-y in the final 2-3 laps. Came out 9th.

Finish: I finished 9th as well. I think this pit strategy was solid because I had 3 incidents (hit the wall, went off track, and got pushed wide into grass by someone unintentionally) and without those incidents, I probably would have finished 7th (same as qualifying). Not getting mobbed at the start was really important and hence S at the start made sense since even M-starting guys were really fast.

While I appreciate PD for bringing this combo to us, hope they don't repeat it. This combo needs too much work to ensure that I am not a hazard to others, lol. But I feel very satisfied now that I am done with it. I also usually never have a major incident in any race except at the Nordschleife so having 1 major incident here (crashing into the wall, which would have made me immediately retire in a sim) was a reflection how difficult this combo was for me.
1714245238107.png

Last edited:
Do you mean tire wear? In GT2/3, tire wear is disabled for qualifying, but in GT1 it is enabled. In qualifying, the fuel multiplier is disabled for both. For the race, both GT1 and GT2/3 have fuel and tire multipliers set to 2x.

I believe the only other difference is damage. GT1 gets Heavy. GT2/3 gets Light.
Nope, unfortunately, from what I could tell from GT Engine: League 2/3 have no fuel in race. That's just too bad, 'cause my "thing" is fuel and tyre wear. At least used to be. I'm glad "we" the League 2/3 crowd, get to keep our GR4 races though. I absolutely love that group.

Nope, unfortunately, from what I could tell from GT Engine: League 2/3 have no fuel in race.
Whatever is this GT Engine, you probably should stop reading it if it can’t get even basic things correct.

———-

I forgot to add one thing in my last post- I was indeed unable to use my garage car for the Living Legend event today, after being able to last night during practice.

Last edited:
Nope, unfortunately, from what I could tell from GT Engine: League 2/3 have no fuel in race. That's just too bad, 'cause my "thing" is fuel and tyre wear. At least used to be. I'm glad "we" the League 2/3 crowd, get to keep our GR4 races though. I absolutely love that group.
GT2/3 definitely have fuel on in their races. The official race details pages show it:

First NA GT1 slot, lobbied up with @defender390

That was definitely a good fun race. Q'd in 5th (w/ a #5 on the door as well). I had watched Tidgney's stream earlier and it seemed like unless you were starting from pole it was smarter to start the race on RM tires, so that's what I did.

From what I could tell it seemed like the majority of the field started on RS. Off the start I lost a fews spots as I was trying to not be too in the way for the faster guys. I think I dropped back to 7th or 8th and then just held station for a bit until pit time. I ran the RM's to the end of lap 6 and then undercut everyone into the pits for RS. Came out I think around 10th and started picking people off on the track or passing the pits as they went in. By the end I gained 1 spot for 4th. Pretty happy with that all in all.

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

It wasn't a promising round set-up. In practice, when I wasn't going way off-track as I don't exactly remember this variation of Lake Maggiore, my best time was 1:54.1 on soft tires. Worse, I spent a lot of money making a GTWS-specific car for nothing as the latest patch screwed up things so badly, PD made it a provided-car-only event.

My 7 pm CDT lobby saw 9 points for the win and me wearing #12 of 15. Even if I weren't skipping qualifying as a matter of principle, I'm so bad at this track, I would have skipped it anyway. I was the only one to not take a time, though one car attempted to abort his qualifying run.

Pole was 1:53.3, 13th was 1:59.2, and 14th, which completed his "flying" lap in the pits, was 2:22. I fitted my mediums for an 8-lap stint, expecting to stay in the back. That worked...for 1 lap. One of the drivers went wide in turn 1 on lap 2 to get me a spot, and a second one messed up coming out of turn 5 to get me another. That ended up being my 2nd-fastest lap on mediums at 1:57.5 as I just couldn't negotiate traffic.

On lap 4, I got another position as somebody spun coming out of turn 10 and his ghosting saved me as I had nowhere to go headed into 11, but gave back the spot to the second spinner on lap 2 as I messed up the turn 14-15 combo.

On lap 7, I got my one and only traditional on-track pass between turns 4 and 5 to get up to 12th. Another spinner in turn 17 got me 11th, while I set my fast medium lap of 1:57.1.

Yet another spinner between turns 6 and 7 on lap 8 got me to 10th. Even though I was getting into the zone on mediums, it was time to change to softs. I only lost 1 position, and picked up one as 9th pitted on lap 9.

I whacked the wall pretty good coming out of turn 13 on lap 10, but somehow held my position and had my best lap thus far at 1:55.9. On lap 11, I got a 2-for-1 deal as somebody who just came out of the pits on mediums spun in turn 1, and one of the cars that had stayed out did the same in sympathy. I messed up turn 7 to give up 8th.

On lap 12, I briefly got 7th from a car doing its mediums stint, but gave it back after I got a horrible exit out of turn 7. I had another horrible exit out of...you guessed it...turn 7 on lap 13 to prevent me from catching the two cars on medium tires ahead of me.

On lap 14, I drove it a bit deep into turn 1, but the 7th-place car spun coming out of the turn to allow 8th place and me by. He and I had a nice lap-and-a-half battle, and we both set our best laps of the race at 1:54.9. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't do any better on my soft tires than he could on mediums.

I finished 8th on track, 46 seconds behind the winner, but since 2 drivers didn't use both sets of tires, I ended up 6th. That was "good" for 7 points and a slight increase in DR. The wall scrape didn't cost me the CRB either.

Almost avoided this one after TM earlier this week but decided to give it a shot.

Was great to see some fellow GTP members @Wannablackbee and @Revengel were in there 😁

Qualified p2 right about .3 off pole.
Started RS and planned to go the distance.

Lap two p1 got all out of shape in the 1st banked turn so I got by and gapped him.
Ran quite a few laps without much pressure and then I was wondering why my lap times started suffering a bit and he was catching. Realized my fuel map switched to map 3 in one of the turns so I got it sorted coming into t1 with p2 coming in hot. He made a nice clean pass on my inside at t2 and we carried on until he pitted after lap 8.

I stuck to my plan and pitted after lap 13 for RM. came out of the pits with the over it in play and held my gap through the finish.
I was way more consistent with the car than I ever thought possible 😂😂
Glad it’s over though.

IMG_6946.jpeg
IMG_6948.jpeg
IMG_6942.jpeg
IMG_6944.jpeg
IMG_6947.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm late and being the procrastinator I am, I'll share both Rounds 3 and 4 now.

The BMW was actually fun driving it despite the one-day practice I had. I started in P14 which was not too bad I suppose since it didn't start in the middle of the turns.

Lap 1 - Managed to overtake another BMW from the first tunnel without any incidents, which was surprising for a first lap.

Lap 2 - While at the start of the lap, a BMW had made an error and had gone off track. Unfortunately when it made it back on track, it was in the middle of my line, and I had to veer off to the grass to avoid a collision with it. Past the tunnel, I was side-by-side with a F40, by which my under steer caused the F40 to be pushed a bit to the wall. Thankfully, no incident.

Lap 4 - Managed to slipstream through the middle to two cars at the long straight and got away for it, for now. At the end, the LFA that I've encountered would determine the rest of the race for me.

Lap 5 - Past the first tunnel, the LFA would release its breaks earlier than expected, causing a domino effect where the contact with my BMW would hit another causing the 7th place BMW to be the causality of the whole thing. Soon enough, I took 7th.

Lap 6 - The turn after the long tunnel gave enough slipstream for the LFA and the other BMW to catch up with me. The LFA took the inside and I was bumped back to 8th.

Lap 7 - I managed to pass that LFA again by taking that same turn on the inside, somehow.

Lap 8 - That pass on Lap 7 was a bit short-lived when the LFA overtook me at the first turn. But fret not because I managed to take back after in the first tunnel with a "small" contact. And then it was short-lived again when it overtook me after the last tunnel straight. Now back at 9th place, the LFA did overshoot one of the turns, allowing me to pass back to 8th and having to deal with the other BMW for the 9th lap.

Lap 9 - As explained in a lap earlier, I did managed to overtake that BMW for 7th, and I finished in that position for a tiny 179 points.

Needless to say, it was actually more fun than Round 2 despite the bumps that came with it.

I do not think anything needs to be explained here as I was a big dum dum for starting in softs first, and then crashing after that really scary hairpin that offsets the cars in lap 8. I did not pit to deal with the damage, I went along with it that somehow did not place me in last.

Lap 1 - It was much more civilized as I started with mediums this time around, now knowing that handling is a tad-bit affected because of it. Not to say that it was smooth sailing as I nearly avoided what could be the end of this run. But right after that spooky as hell hairpin, the car in 7th misjudged the turn after the straight and hopped off into a wall. At least it didn't end that dramatically.

Lap 3 & 4 - It's where the car in 8th place would be the one I fought for 3rd in the later stages of the race, as it had started in softs and was making good use of it by making moves around the corners. But as per usual with an unsavory combo of a race, there's a blue car that keeps making bumps around until it understeered itself onto the grass.

Before Lap 12 - Somewhere in between, the lead car that was on pole had a bit of an issue as during the race, it hit the same wall that I took back in slot one and made the pit for a tire change and repairs. But after a string of bad luck and judgement, it retired midway from the race after crashing into another wall in 12th place. I pitted in at lap 7, and the car that was on 8th place at laps 3 & 4 appeared in-front of me as we fought for 3rd in the 12th lap.

Lap 12 & 13 - While the replay cameras did not do justice for this chase, it was kind of fun doing it even when the car ahead of me was in mediums. Not going to lie, it's a bit embarrassing to be behind a car of a worse compound, but I guess that's the tire life playing a part in it. The final sector was where I felt I could pass the car, but only just.

Lap 14 - Right after the first turn, is where the battle was decided for 3rd as I made a small lift and nearly lost control. Thankfully, I managed to recover and decided to take it easy for the rest of the race. 4th place was alright after all. But I was just one point away from touching the 200 points mark again :(

Overall, I thought it was going to be worse than Round 2, but it was alright at best once you got the hang of it. And unlike Round 2, it actually made me join a second session.

GT1 NA slot 2: Q9, Finished 4th.

Nice to see you again @Dep Fishtail who did a much better qualification time than my poor P9!:embarrassed: Congrats on the win! Started on mediums and finished on softs. My pit strategy might have gave me a position or two but I got to P4 mainly because I passed some drivers that were off track.

GT1 NA slot 3: Q11, Finished 7th.

It was a lobby with higher points. A little bit closer battles. Dirty air would give me a hard time keeping traction but its a nice thing to learn to live with. A skill that will be much needed during our future manufacturers cup with the more aero inclined GR3.

Funny thing is both races gave me 144 points.

See ya next round or maybe at the Gazoo cup this Sunday with that good looking car that sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Back