Gran Turismo World Series Looks to Expand in 2023

• Thread starter Famine
  • 7 comments
Cool. I would love it if GTWS came back to Australia for a live event. It was so cool when I went there to see all the drivers. It was so awesome. Only missed out on seeing Igor as he was competing in real life. The live experience was electric and the atmosphere was so cool.

It would be nice for them to open it back up for the general public.

I'd love to go to one if I got the chance, but if they stay how they are right now it's pretty much impossible unless you have connections in one way or another.

Hopefully that includes prize money for contestants

How about no prize money because if there was that incident that happened in nations would've been a bigger **** show.

A weekend trip to Monaco with your flights, food, accommodation and entertainment paid for, you get to play the latest build of GT with your mates you make online. That is the prize, and it's much better than fighting for a money pot that's split 70, 20, 10 and then there's the chance you leave empty handed.

Last edited:
Hopefully that includes prize money for contestants
Where would the money come from? I get the impression the events aren't big enough to be self sufficient and taking the current prizes away and replacing them with cash for the winner/top 3 would probably stop half of the players from going to the events at all.

Where would the money come from? I get the impression the events aren't big enough to be self sufficient and taking the current prizes away and replacing them with cash for the winner/top 3 would probably stop half of the players from going to the events at all.
I don't know and it's really not my job to work that out. I just think that if Sony really sees GTWS as a serious esports competition they should be looking into better prizes for contestants. Other tournaments like the F1 esports series and the Fanatec Esports series already offer prize pools so I can't see why GTWS couldn't.

Last edited:
How about no prize money because if there was that incident that happened in nations would've been a bigger **** show.

A weekend trip to Monaco with your flights, food, accommodation and entertainment paid for, you get to play the latest build of GT with your mates you make online. That is the prize, and it's much better than fighting for a money pot that's split 70, 20, 10 and then there's the chance you leave empty handed.
eSports with no prize money. Sounds bad.

Back