"Gran Turismo Would Never Have Been Born" Without Marcello Gandini, Says Kazunori Yamauchi

• Thread starter Famine
  • 15 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
carpixel.net-2000-lamborghini-diablo-vt-6-0-us-75303-hd.jpg
Toyota-Prius-2025-Exterior-1536x834.png

Marcello Gandini was indeed one of the greatest designers ever, and may his legacy live on.

Now tell me the young designer(s) of the new Prius didn't take a good look at their Countach/Diablo wallpapers before getting to work! (It's more obvious in person, trust me.)

Funny thing is, those three cars are the first italian cars I saw and they were instant favorites (Still are even now). Insane just how far his influence goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever sit in one of these? It’s even more evident. ;)
Be nice to see Gen7 Celica in the game so I can compare it against the Countach design to see if you are right. Owned one until recently and it certainly had a look that made it stand out.

Miura green.jpg
49060aed-lancia-stratos-stradale-02.jpg
KOENIGSEGG-Agera-5456_8.jpg

Another clear Gandini influence here is the continuous line at the base of the wraparound windshield that continues along the side window and ends in its distinctive form at the C-pillar (or the equivalent), plus other usual traits, like the wheels pushed at the corners, short, tapered rear fender, and a shark snout.

I do wish the Agera had cleaner detailing though...

Just a reminder than Gandini designed the Miura, a car frequently cited as the most beautiful car of all time (when the Jaguar E Type is correctly not in that spot) when he was just 28.

Be nice to see Gen7 Celica in the game so I can compare it against the Countach design to see if you are right. Owned one until recently and it certainly had a look that made it stand out.
More Diablo than Countach due to looking out from the driver seat. The slope to the mirror of the Celica and Diablo are alike.

Back