Gran Turismo's Presentation

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 17 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Good Day Kaz,

One thing that has made the Gran Turismo series very memorable is the game's overall presentation. When I speak of presentation, I speak of the game's menus, music, atmosphere and even little kicks that happen within the game. Gran Turismo 3 in my opinion had the best presentation in the series because GT3 had soul to it. In GT6 I feel it lacks that soul that the previous titles have had. Particularly in the music department for menus and etc, I felt that Isamu Ohira really captured the soul of Gran Turismo and even MAKOTO for Tourist Trophy. Every time I hear the dealership music for GT3, it gives such a great mood and feeling, did anyone else feel this?

It was great to cycle through different cars with the lovely menu and great music.

So in terms of presentation, can we get something like Gran Turismo 3 back for GT7 maybe?

Since I loved the presentation of GT3, particularly in the Go Race menus, I took it upon myself to make my own event splash cards/posters but for the next generation with new events. That's one thing I really remember from GT3 with the music banging in the background. Isamu Ohira's game version of 'Slipstream' would suit these pictures.

FFDrivetrain_zpsebdc3b4b.jpg

DriftMuscle_zps3cbfe420.jpg

Likethewind_zps91238e1b.jpg

Duel_zpsba44f431.jpg

ConditionsMaster_zps14430587.jpg

MainWork_zpsd2e0d993.jpg

Gymkhana_zps0d0d7c51.jpg

Silhouette_zpscf702b79.jpg

SundayCup_zpsb7baa638.jpg

SuperSprint_zps90a867e4.jpg

ToFB_zps1de4fab8.jpg

Originally wanted to use Flckr but I couldn't figure out how to upload to the site. Oh Well. I might make more of these if anyone is interested but I really wanted to get the Presentation Question out.

You put a lot of effort into those images!

Although, I'm not sure what the "question" is for Kaz?

Personally I loved the GT1 dealership music the most...

You put a lot of effort into those images!

Although, I'm not sure what the "question" is for Kaz?

Personally I loved the GT1 dealership music the most...

So in terms of presentation, can we get something like Gran Turismo 3 back for GT7 maybe?

:D

Thanks for the comment, I'm just trying to envision what kind of presentation GT7 could be

I personally prefer the GT6 music. The GT3 stuff was good at the time but sounds dated to me now.

I personally prefer the GT6 music. The GT3 stuff was good at the time but sounds dated to me now.

The point I made about GT3 is that it captured the soul of Gran Turismo. Yeah GT3 is dated but it did it well in its time.

I want that soul! Like someone to make music specifically for GT like Isamu Ohira did

Personally, I don't care much for menu music, or pretty event banners, but I'd love to see something like FM4's event list, where I can pick any car I want and see all the needed info for every career event in the game in 1 single page, without having to waste time going back and forth through menus trying to find races for the cars I like.
That would be very useful & practical and would save a lot of time.

The point I made about GT3 is that it captured the soul of Gran Turismo. Yeah GT3 is dated but it did it well in its time.

I want that soul! Like someone to make music specifically for GT like Isamu Ohira did
I still prefer GT6 music. Soul is in the ear of the listener.

Good Day Kaz,

One thing that has made the Gran Turismo series very memorable is the game's overall presentation. When I speak of presentation, I speak of the game's menus, music, atmosphere and even little kicks that happen within the game. Gran Turismo 3 in my opinion had the best presentation in the series because GT3 had soul to it. In GT6 I feel it lacks that soul that the previous titles have had. Particularly in the music department for menus and etc, I felt that Isamu Ohira really captured the soul of Gran Turismo and even MAKOTO for Tourist Trophy. Every time I hear the dealership music for GT3, it gives such a great mood and feeling, did anyone else feel this?

It was great to cycle through different cars with the lovely menu and great music.

Since I loved the presentation of GT3, particularly in the Go Race menus, I took it upon myself to make my own event splash cards/posters but for the next generation with new events. That's one thing I really remember from GT3 with the music banging in the background. Isamu Ohira's game version of 'Slipstream' would suit these pictures.

FFDrivetrain_zpsebdc3b4b.jpg

DriftMuscle_zps3cbfe420.jpg

Likethewind_zps91238e1b.jpg

Duel_zpsba44f431.jpg

ConditionsMaster_zps14430587.jpg

MainWork_zpsd2e0d993.jpg

Gymkhana_zps0d0d7c51.jpg

Silhouette_zpscf702b79.jpg

SundayCup_zpsb7baa638.jpg

SuperSprint_zps90a867e4.jpg

ToFB_zps1de4fab8.jpg

Originally wanted to use Flckr but I couldn't figure out how to upload to the site. Oh Well. I might make more of these if anyone is interested but I really wanted to get the Presentation Question out.

WOW! WOW! I'm floored with this presentation! I agree, music isn't everything, but I do like the menu music for 5 and 6. But...

WOW! ;)

This would add SO, SO much to the experience! (Plus having the full specs listed like @FS7 said.)

WOW! :)

Those images! Whoa o.O That's amazing, would love to see more of those :)
I feel rather nostalgic for a decade old game now. I think if we could have these things implemented in GT6/GT7 I'd be much much happier!
Good question, too. Presentation is half the battle for first impressions of a game. The fast, new GT6 UI proves that with the praise it got over GT5's. But still, those sorts of backgrounds whilst cycling through the events would be awesome
Here's a like :D

I might make more of these if anyone is interested but I really wanted to get the Presentation Question out.
Fair play @TayeezSA for the amount of work you put into those UI images. I would certainly like to see more as I have a huge interest in this sort of thing. Keep them coming.
👍

I have plenty of GT UI images on Flickr. Link in my signature if you want to have a look.

WOW! WOW! I'm floored with this presentation! I agree, music isn't everything, but I do like the menu music for 5 and 6. But...

WOW! ;)

This would add SO, SO much to the experience! (Plus having the full specs listed like @FS7 said.)

WOW! :)

Those images! Whoa o.O That's amazing, would love to see more of those :)
I feel rather nostalgic for a decade old game now. I think if we could have these things implemented in GT6/GT7 I'd be much much happier!
Good question, too. Presentation is half the battle for first impressions of a game. The fast, new GT6 UI proves that with the praise it got over GT5's. But still, those sorts of backgrounds whilst cycling through the events would be awesome
Here's a like :D

Awww shucks thanks chaps! :sly:

Fair play @TayeezSA for the amount of work you put into those UI images. I would certainly like to see more as I have a huge interest in this sort of thing. Keep them coming.
👍

I have plenty of GT UI images on Flickr. Link in my signature if you want to have a look.

Yo but Scuderia Paul.... Your UI is THE ONE. It's bright, alive, smooth, professional and paired with the right music for different menus really seals the whole package. I was listening to GT3 Menu OSTs now and it works so well.

I'm gonna try get on some more UI images up. I'm just also trying to give some attention to Youtube :dunce: Thanks guys, I hope this gets voted up!

Those colourful menu screens and the music together brought a very cheerful atmosphere to the GT3. Also they gave each event more of their own identity and they just made the whole game feel somehow more "substantial" or something like that. And it's still a very good idea 👍

Those colourful menu screens and the music together brought a very cheerful atmosphere to the GT3. Also they gave each event more of their own identity and they just made the whole game feel somehow more "substantial" or something like that. And it's still a very good idea 👍

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I like that there's some people that share the same feeling I do that GT really had a positive feeling to it that got you "into" it. Granted there's some modern artists in the game and it sounds good. Hoever what I did was to capture some of the old magic is added to my person BGM tunes that I have that were in those previous iterations...not limited to but including these:

-Nothing will replace the awe that came from my jaw dropping from the graphics when firing the game up for the first time...then what followed ...fast forward to 1:40 approximately...and Sammy Hagar and Van Halen giving you a "Panama" wahoo moment inspiring you to do a lot of wahoo'ing and hauling "butt" in GT4

Can't forget knowing what the Cardigan's "Favorite Game" is (was actually applicable for me at the time both for the video game and for what the song meant):

But then again it wasn't all about the Intro---

The Cult

Motley...will definitely get your heart started....

...and who can forget "Super Bon Bon"...."move outside and let the man go through" was the best when passing your buddy playing split screen or passing Ai...

I'm sure I could go on and on as there's plenty that stick out to me..lol

...Great now I got Super Bon Bon ...bon bonning in my head LOL

Yeah, GT4's opening is truly epic. I wonder if they can match it ever again. Those are some awesome songs and memories. Thanks for linking!

I like that there's some people that share the same feeling I do that GT really had a positive feeling to it that got you "into" it. Granted there's some modern artists in the game and it sounds good. Hoever what I did was to capture some of the old magic is added to my person BGM tunes that I have that were in those previous iterations...not limited to but including these:

-Nothing will replace the awe that came from my jaw dropping from the graphics when firing the game up for the first time...then what followed ...fast forward to 1:40 approximately...and Sammy Hagar and Van Halen giving you a "Panama" wahoo moment inspiring you to do a lot of wahoo'ing and hauling "butt" in GT4

Can't forget knowing what the Cardigan's "Favorite Game" is (was actually applicable for me at the time both for the video game and for what the song meant):

But then again it wasn't all about the Intro---

The Cult

Motley...will definitely get your heart started....

...and who can forget "Super Bon Bon"...."move outside and let the man go through" was the best when passing your buddy playing split screen or passing Ai...

I'm sure I could go on and on as there's plenty that stick out to me..lol

...Great now I got Super Bon Bon ...bon bonning in my head LOL

I have the EU version of GT4, so our opening is a little different ;) That's the best upload I could find, the others are either delayed or have 240p

I have the US version of GT2 though and man Super Bon Bon got stuck in my head :crazy: Along with My Favourite Game. I also had the Japanese version of GT2 long ago and even that one had a great soundtrack to it.

Man oh man, I was jamming these last week and it was so refreshing to see and feel the presentation of the older titles. I will admit that GT6 has quicker and fluid menus but I love the old touch. Heck I'd love to see Scuderia_Paul's menus implemented. Maybe something like a GT3 and 4 hybrid if you will.

As far as work goes on more cards, I'm planning to do some more next week. Just been focusing on videos for now.

Work has been really slow on the card but there is some! Varsity, Work, Family and mates along with a Youtube channel that needs attention is sucking up a lot of time.

In the mean time, look at this
d.jpg

This picture from a brochure caught my eye as it reminded me of the GT5P dealership style. Gives the cars an Identity of sorts. I wish we could have that kind of presentation instead since some say GT3's style is a bit dated. I've also been spotting positions for Graphic Designers on GT's Recruitment Page, maybe it could be for things like this as well?

Also, I've been listening to the Tourist Trophy Menu Soundtrack and it would be lovely to have something lively and soulful like that in GT7. GT6 at the moment has nice lounge music but I feel it doesn't really capture GT's essence like in the previous titles, like it wasn't tailor made for GT.

Music was a great contributor to the soul and feel of GT. Isamu Ohira and MAKOTO in my opinion hit home with capturing moods and feels. So some nice, soulful, modern music tracks would be great for GT7. Maybe even music like this:

This would nice for an Arcade/Track Selection theme. Some say I have a funny taste in music though :rolleyes:

Maybe this for After Race Menu

Back