Gran Tursimo as its own system

• Thread starter toms318bmw
  • 22 comments
Canada
toronto
MORAN-AUTO-JZA7D
Just wondering, why dont you collaborate with sony and just make a gt system, i dont know how many ppl out there are like me,but i have owned PlayStations for 1 reason, and thats gt, wouldnt having gt as its own system eliminate awhole bunch of.bs, and then you could just sell updates as new games,

Yet, I get bored, and my family gets REALLY bored, so we have other games. It's called intuitive sales (or something like that.) If you have something with options, you are more likely to look for the options.

A PlayStation based GT rig might be a good idea for training purposes and possibly driving instruction, but it won't appeal as much with most players. Plus a "GT" system would be pretty expensive.

A, layStation based GT rig might be a good idea for training purposes and possibly driving instruction, but it won't appeal as much with most players. Plus a "GT" system would be pretty expensive.
Lol so is buying a ps3 for gt, and soon a ps4 for gt , id rather pay say 700$ once, and just buy updates,then having to buy a neq systwm each time, but hey thats just me, not into videogames just gt, but im saying it would have to be/it would be the ultimate game,

Lol so is buying a ps3 for gt, and soon a ps4 for gt , id rather pay say 700$ once, and just buy updates,then having to buy a neq systwm each time, but hey thats just me, not into videogames just gt, but im saying it would have to be/it would be the ultimate game,
But what's gonna happen if you see an awesome new game for the PS4 that you want to buy but you just spent $400 on a console that plays 1 game?

Unless you want the game to have no improvements, it will have to update its hardware from time to time, so you won't be cheaper off.

PaMu1337
Unless you want the game to have no improvements, it will have to update its hardware from time to time, so you won't be cheaper off.
No they just make it ridiculously amazing right off the bat, kaz is always saying theres noy enuff memory to do what we want to do, sooooo problem solved make a system that would rival ps5-6 and just have it all foe gt,

@toms318bmw ummm how will they get hardware that's 5 years newer than current? Time machines?
Bro they got **** way better then have out now,its called marketing, they cant put out the best they have,look at computers there amazing compared to ps/xbox

Thats's not how console gaming works.
I dont want a console i want a REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR , and dont say get a car, i have 2 bmw thats not the point,im just tired of the bull these guys pull,

And plus all these q&a would easily be able to be put in if they weren't confined to a blu ray,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if the game were 100 Gigs, if we had 16 core 5.0 GH processors, if we were outputting 4K to a 200 inch screen......

Need I go on?

Who would be able to afford it?

Not me, and not most people who use console systems.

Plus, they would need 10000 or more people working on it to create the graphics, etc. You are looking for WAY too much here.

Go buy a computer and see who gives you your "dream" game.

I dont want a console i want a REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR , and dont say get a car, i have 2 bmw thats not the point,im just tired of the bull these guys pull,
Get a gaming PC then, and get iRacing, or Project Cars, or Assetto Corsa, or rFactor 2.

Or all of them....

Edit:
And plus all these q&a would easily be able to be put in if they weren't confined to a blu ray,
Updates don't add to the blu-ray, they add to the install data on the console's HDD.

Get a gaming PC then, and get iRacing, or Project Cars, or Assetto Corsa, or rFactor 2.

Or all of them....

Edit:

Updates don't add to the blu-ray, they add to the install data on the console's HDD.

I know they dont add to the blu ray, its just that ,i guess they cant fit it all in on a blu ray, all im saying is it would be amazing. And i love gt ill never stop playing,

Yes, if the game were 100 Gigs, if we had 16 core 5.0 GH processors, if we were outputting 4K to a 200 inch screen......

Need I go on?

Who would be able to afford it?

Not me, and not most people who use console systems.
Plus, they would need 10000 or more people working on it to create the graphics, etc. You are looking for WAY too much here.

Go buy a computer and see who gives you your "dream" game.

Dont think youd need a 200 inch screen,

No PD jokes yet? Well.....

Anyway no I don't like that idea, and I doubt it will come to fruition. There's already stuff like that out there anyway, if you want it just drop a load of cash on a driving simulator like race car drivers use for practice.

Check out the post for the secret menu. That says volumes about what's already possible, and what PDI has purposely hidden from the vast majority of its paying customers. They do this crap so they can "force" users to purchase new systems and new peripheral hardware.

Just wondering, why dont you collaborate with sony and just make a gt system, i dont know how many ppl out there are like me,but i have owned PlayStations for 1 reason, and thats gt, wouldnt having gt as its own system eliminate awhole bunch of.bs, and then you could just sell updates as new games,
GT is meant to stay on Playstation consoles and that's that. It isn't so much of a good idea to have a GT Station, just having GT (original), GT2, GT3, GT Concept, GT4 Prologue, GT4, GT5 Prologue, GT PSP, GT5, GT6 and Tourist-trophy as the only games, but the majority of the older titles must be backwards compatible titles.

One more thing: You spelled "Turismo" in Gran Turismo wrong.

Sounds like what you really want to do is get into PC sims to be honest. You say you want the real driving simulator, but the best simulators are on PC, and that is much cheaper to upgrade after the initial cost rather than buying a whole new console each time. Get a decent CPU, motherboard, power supply and amount of RAM now, and you'll only have to upgrade your graphics card every 2-3 of years, all the other parts will last you for many years.

Not only will you be able to play the very best racing simulators, which can be upgraded with free mods by many people, but you'll also have a beast of a machine to play them on.

I disagree.

To me the best thing would be for GT & Forza to be available on X1, PS4 & PC. In that way they'd compete directly against each other as well as against other racing sims available on X1, PS4 & PC, and that could result in a better game.

S7
I disagree.

To me the best thing would be for GT & Forza to be available on X1, PS4 & PC. In that way they'd compete directly against each other as well as against other racing sims available on X1, PS4 & PC, and that could result in a better game.

Nooooo , my idea is better then that, forza doesnt compare to gt in physics

Sounds like what you really want to do is get into PC sims to be honest. You say you want the real driving simulator, but the best simulators are on PC, and that is much cheaper to upgrade after the initial cost rather than buying a whole new console each time. Get a decent CPU, motherboard, power supply and amount of RAM now, and you'll only have to upgrade your graphics card every 2-3 of years, all the other parts will last you for many years.

Not only will you be able to play the very best racing simulators, which can be upgraded with free mods by many people, but you'll also have a beast of a machine to play them on.

Its true and i know that is the way to go, but i love gt too much

Well, if there were 3-5 times as many people employed by PD, that MIGHT be possible.

But, a direct and complete competitor to M$ games on an M$ system? I don't EVER see it happening.

Back