Gran Valley 600pp (On Hard)

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 3 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
So, for those who have done this event, do you find the AI cars are better? I mean, they are definitely better than in other events, but do single player fans find them different?

I've been doing it on Sport Hard tires, and damn if the competitors don't over under on me, and dive down the inside. I wonder how this same AI would play out if the cars were allowed to run full pace, if the field were comprised of the same level cars, and it was a grid start.

(remember the days when all the races were grid start?)

As y'all know, I am a Sport Mode player. I find it disheartening that so few of the races are this competitive. This one seems up there with the Tokyo 600pp race. Why do they do this?

I noticed a slight difference in difficulty, had 3 races on day one of update and best was 6th or 7th. Was trying it without my trusty little missile cappuccino mind you.

I play on Hard as well and I didn’t find it any more or less difficult than the other races in Grand Valley or elsewhere. My margin of victory on this one (600pp) was a bit less than the other races here from what I recall, but that was likely do to a very sloppy lap 4 when my cat needed my attention and kept rubbing his face on my controller. Maybe due to my car choice here though.
It was an easy win with a massively detuned 2JZ swapped Toyobaru to meet PP restrictions. I used SS tires.
I used a slightly modded RX500 on SM tires for an easy win for the Historic Masters and a mildly tuned GT-R on SS for the Japanese Clubman on my first attempts to get 1st place.

I tried one of the new Supra on SH there just last night for fun, but it wasn’t so fun. Difficult time making some of the turns and maintaining speed on SH compared to SM and SS. I feel like this course really needs that extra grip to keep your momentum.

I play on Hard as well and I didn’t find it any more or less difficult than the other races in Grand Valley or elsewhere. My margin of victory on this one (600pp) was a bit less than the other races here from what I recall, but that was likely do to a very sloppy lap 4 when my cat needed my attention and kept rubbing his face on my controller. Maybe due to my car choice here though.
It was an easy win with a massively detuned 2JZ swapped Toyobaru to meet PP restrictions. I used SS tires.
I used a slightly modded RX500 on SM tires for an easy win for the Historic Masters and a mildly tuned GT-R on SS for the Japanese Clubman on my first attempts to get 1st place.

I tried one of the new Supra on SH there just last night for fun, but it wasn’t so fun. Difficult time making some of the turns and maintaining speed on SH compared to SM and SS. I feel like this course really needs that extra grip to keep your momentum.
Maybe it's my tire choice. I like to use the SH tires in the AI races. It seems to match the difficulty better.

I was surprised on one of the laps when I passed a modded Supra on the front straight and it out braked my into turn 1. I had a few over under situations as well. It all seemed out of character.

I've said it before, I think the handicap bonus of GTS was a great feature that encouraged players to challenge themselves on car choice. It would be even more used now as a way to gain credits.

Back