Grand Canyon (GT4)

^ :lol:

-> Might as well include these variations as well:

North
grand_canyon_north_165x168.gif

Road (perfect for Rallycross)
grand_canyon_road_165x168.gif

:)

One of my big hopes for GT7 is that they bring back all of the old rally courses from past GT games (especially Grand Canyon). Imagine what this track would be like with a day and night cycle.... :drool: It's not exactly proper rally racing, but has anyone actually cared? As long as I can drive a rally car on a loose surface with landscape like that racing by, it deserves the title 'rally'. :cheers: Better than the officially licensed WRC games any day....

I've asked this before but I never got a proper answer: does anyone know if the track was based on a real part of the Grand Canyon or if it was a fictional location with a Grand Canyon backdrop?

I've asked this before but I never got a proper answer: does anyone know if the track was based on a real part of the Grand Canyon or if it was a fictional location with a Grand Canyon backdrop?
I am not very sure but I think it is completely fictional, but please do not quote me on that :)

-> ...
^ Hmmm, very good question. To be honest, I don't know.

-> People like Shirakawaa or some geo-nut may answer that question on its entireity. I'm just guestimating here, but I think it was based on the West Rim part of the canyon park...but I honesty dumbfounded about it.

Back