Grand Rapids Auto Show: Things, So-So Photos, Etc

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 11 comments
  • 963 views

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
Messages
21,286
United States
GR-MI-USA
Messages
YSSMAN
Messages
YSSMAN
So yes, the Grand Rapids Auto Show happened this weekend (9th year running in current form), despite the crappy weather we've been having. I walked around, sat in some new cars, and took some photos. Here we go!

1) 2008 Ford Focus:
n78001441_30225207_7146.jpg


Absolutely hideous. It was the first car I had seen walking through the door, and they have pretty much managed to ruin what was once a good looking car. Absolutely nothing looks right, especially the front-end. Very, very, very bad.

2) Ford Mustang GT-R Concept:
n78001441_30225206_6822.jpg

n78001441_30225205_6513.jpg

n78001441_30225204_6188.jpg


It was pretty cool seeing the car I've used so many times in PGR3 in person. I mean, it isn't like it is outrageously different from your "standard" Mustang GT (okay, it is), but cool to see nonetheless.

3) Saturn Sky Red-Line:
n78001441_30225209_7805.jpg


Its an awesome car, and I'm sorry I look like an idiot sitting in there. The build quality is pretty good, and I was pretty impressed with the feel of the clutch/shifter combo. I'd love to take one for a drive one of these days...

4) 2008 Jaguar XKR:
n78001441_30225213_9070.jpg


Sexy, sexy, sexy car. I want one, really bad. When I say really bad, I mean really bad... I'd have to say that it was probably my favorite car at the show, besides the Ferrari 599 and Aston V8 Vantage.

5) 2007 Kia Rondo
n78001441_30225219_938.jpg


Me and my cousin in the back of a Kia Rondo, actually in the third-row seat. Lets just say that it wasn't completely comfortable, but it really wasn't that bad. I wouldn't want to be back there for any longer than 30 mins.

6) BMW 335i Coupe:
n78001441_30225216_3.jpg


MMMM. I don't see why people don't like the way it looks. I think it looks great, and beyond that, the interior was quite nice as well. Although, I do have to wonder if the coupe is completely necessary outside of looking cool. The backseats were pretty much useless from what I could tell, so I would probably opt for the sedan now.

7) 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage:
n78001441_30225224_2515.jpg


Pretty. I love it. They had a DB9 Volante sitting nearby, and I have to say that I like the Vantage a lot better in person. Sorry for the crappy photo. The room was crowded, the lighting was really bad, and the camera was running low on batteries. Better luck in Chicago...

8) 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder:
n78001441_30225227_3447.jpg


Often known as the only Lamborghini I would buy right now, seeing it in person solidifies that fact, especially when the Ferrari F430 Spyder was right behind it. Hmmm. I like the orange color...

9) Maserati MC12:
n78001441_30225223_2195.jpg


Oh yeah, we had one there. It was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be, but then again, I guess the Enzo was about the same size. Still, really cool to see one in person. God, I wish I could have heard the thing turn-over when they brought her in and took her out...

---

So yeah, that was the show. Sorry for the sub-par photo quality. I'm not sure why the pictures are so dark. I'm going to Chicago next-Saturday, and I'll take plenty of photos then...
 
Oh yeah, we had one there. It was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be, but then again, I guess the Enzo was about the same size. Still, really cool to see one in person. God, I wish I could have heard the thing turn-over when they brought her in and took her out...

Ten says they just popped it into neutral and rolled it out. I think that's how they got the Veyron into the Denver Auto Show.

So I have to ask - who the hell owns that MC12?? I mean really - you got one to come to Grand Rapids?! That's crazy! They're not even U.S. legal!
 
The MC12 was brought in by some dealer from Detroit. They also brought in a Ferrari 599, Ferrari F430. They left their plate on the MC12...

n78001441_30225222_1886.jpg


They usually have a few things there, usually expensive exotics. They had an Enzo there last year (or was it the year before?) that was owned by the Detroit Redwings player Sergei Fedorov, before he switched teams.
 
I really like those Maserati's. Also, is that mustang gtr concept the one in test drive unlimited?
 
Is it? I can't remember. I only rented the game. It is all-over in PGR3 though, and surprisingly, is a pretty decent car to go racing in...
 
I really like those Maserati's. Also, is that mustang gtr concept the one in test drive unlimited?

Yes.

BTW, M5, I've seen the MC12 here as well, and it should be at our next auto show given the dealer is still intended to keep it as they went through a big process of making it street legal.

I'm surprised you didn't show off the LP640 Roadster YSSMAN.
BTW, anyone ever tell you have a Steve Nash-look to ya when he played for Dallas?
 
I'm surprised you didn't show off the LP640 Roadster YSSMAN.

BTW, anyone ever tell you have a Steve Nash-look to ya when he played for Dallas?

We actually didn't have an LP640 at the show. Most of the expensive cars are bought in by specialty dealers in Grand Rapids and Detroit, as the local show isn't carried-out by the Manufacturers in any way. We often get concept cars from about a year or so ago, a few of the brand-new products, and of course the stuff thats already on-sale.

...Steve Nash? I can't say that anyone has said that before... But I guess I can see the resemblance...
 
5) 2007 Kia Rondo
n78001441_30225219_938.jpg


Me and my cousin in the back of a Kia Rondo, actually in the third-row seat. Lets just say that it wasn't completely comfortable, but it really wasn't that bad. I wouldn't want to be back there for any longer than 30 mins.

Nuthin' says luvin' like bein' in tha back seat wit ur couzin. :sick:

Just kidding. :sly: Anyway nice to see the GT-R in photos...even if they were so dark.
 
BTW, M5, I've seen the MC12 here as well, and it should be at our next auto show given the dealer is still intended to keep it as they went through a big process of making it street legal.

Interesting. I am aware of a few in the States. Nice to know there's always the possibility of seeing one.

bt000104_311643.jpg


That one, for instance, is tagged on ExoticSpotter as being in Toronto, but those are Oregon plates.
 
Hmmm, how many years in prison would I get for stealing one of those?
 
Hmmm, how many years in prison would I get for stealing one of those?

Well, there's one just a couple miles from you and me.


















You want to live life on the edge? :sly:
 
Back