Grand Sports Car Series-taking sign ups|Prizes!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cnd01
  • 16 comments
  • 1,993 views
Messages
10,276
United States
Sacramento CA
Messages
cnd01




Hello and welcome to the Grand Sports Car Series. This series is loosely based on the United Sports Car Series, and it is meant to be a fun, competitive alternative to the "robust" driving maneuvers seen on the general race servers.

We will be using 3 cars, HPD, DP, and McLaren. Setups will be allowed; however, we will restrict each car's fuel capacity so that these cars can run roughly 30 minutes on a full fuel load.

Fuel load settings:

HPD: 80% (105.6 pounds)
DP: 30% (6 gallons)
McLaren: 40% (13.4 gallons)


Race procedure:
4:30 p.m. Eastern U.S. time-room opens and a 15 minute warm-up session
4:45 p.m. Warm-up concludes and qualifying starts
5:00 p.m. Qualifying is over, grid is set, and the race starts

There will be 8 races for the championship. Normal races will be 45 minutes in length. Fuel will be limited in each car so that a pit stop will be required. There will be 3 endurance rounds which will be 1 hour and 30 minutes in length. Fuel will be limited to the same amount so that multiple pit stops are required.

Schedule:
Daytona Road-August 27 (endurance)
Barber motorsports park-September 3rd
Canadian Tire Motorsports Park-September 10th
Mid-Ohio-September 17th
Watkins Glen-September 24th (endurance)
Montreal-October 1st
Laguna Seca-October 8th
Road Atlanta-October 15th (endurance)

Championship prizes will be awarded at the end of the season and the amount will vary depending on the number of competitors

There will be a $5 US dollar one time entry fee payable to my account before the season starts. No entry fee, no race. Simple as that. I reserve the right to kick any driver that I or a steward deem as a hazard to the race and championship without a refund.

Andrew DeYoung will serve as steward/admin as well as co-founder
 
Looking nice!

Just need some key sign ups to really get the ball rolling!
 
I can work that race schedule out except for endurance races which put me too late to work (race has to be done by 6pm EST) but worst is I race those for the hour mark and then leave.

I will contact you more via PM and I will race a DP.
 
Wilbur
I can work that race schedule out except for endurance races which put me too late to work (race has to be done by 6pm EST) but worst is I race those for the hour mark and then leave.

I will contact you more via PM and I will race a DP.

Good stuff man. I look forward to seeing you on the grid 👍
 
Can't do weekdays at all.
 
I can work that race schedule out except for endurance races which put me too late to work (race has to be done by 6pm EST) but worst is I race those for the hour mark and then leave.

I will contact you more via PM and I will race a DP.
Awesome! glad to have at least someone show interest!

Müle;8688828
Can't do weekdays at all.

I feel ya, we were going to have it on Friday's, but my dad works at home those days (And the computer is right across from his office, so I can't make any noise)


Would anyone like to have a Team's championship?
 
Rhats another option as well. I'm fine with teammates as long as every person pays the $5
 
Why money..?
 
Mac K
Why money..?

Just to cover the costs of hosting the room and for championship prizes at the end of the year
 
Money was sent.
 
Money was sent.

Awesome man!

I will tell you, if it doesn't get off the ground, we'll send you your money back.

If Cnd won't, I will.
 
Don't sweat $5 bucks! Just use it to host a long race if nothing else for some of us one day.
 
I would like to do it, but I don't close my shop until 6PM EST
Weekends would be much better.
 
BRP17
I would like to do it, but I don't close my shop until 6PM EST
Weekends would be much better.

Weekends are literally impossible for me lol. Glad you're interested.
 
Wouldn't count on me making it tonight.

And after that street stock performance... Dunno if I want to!
 
Back