Grand Touring Team Racing (INTREST CHECK)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crispy
  • 9 comments
  • 3,127 views
Messages
3,082
United States
Allen, Texas
Messages
crispychicken49
Messages
crispychicken49
Welcome drivers, both beginner and professional, to the GTTR, or Grand Touring Team Racing. You have been called here for your skills in Grand Touring races, which is a racing motorsport designed for race-tuned production cars. In team racing, you will be assigned a teamate to use tactics with to win the races, so lets get started.

THE TEAMS

Each team consist of two cars, and two racers. There is one car, called a flagship car, that is heavier and more powerful, that is used as the leading car in the team. A flagship car will be labeled as a flagship car.I want to make note. It would be of great help if you could send me the car you will be racing in, and I'll tune it for the races and send it back for you. I will list the tunes on here as well.

DISCLAIMER: I refuse to display the tunes until this catches on. Just so I don't have to waste money on something that may not become hot. I will say however that all the cars, will have strengths and weaknesses, but most will have a very similar tune for equality throughout the races. REMEMBER, use team tactics. This is the only way to win, your car will never be able to outrun you, and others minds. Its best to, once you know your team, its best to go into private lobbys to coordinate what to do and practice racing with each other on each track.

Team FERRARI MindlessRiff
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari 458 Italia-Flagship Car

Team AUDI
Audi R8 '09-Flagship Car
Audi TTS

Team NISSAN
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR SpecV '09-Flagship Car

Team BMW
BMW M3 E92-Flagship Car-crispychicken49
BMW M Coupe (Z4)

Team MERCEDES-BENZ
Mercedes-Benzi SLR McLaren
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG-Flagship Car

Team GRAN TURISMO
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione-Jonerz99
Maserati Gran-Turismo-Flagship Car-Counter_Steer

Team CHEVEROLET
Cheverolet Camaro SS RM
Corvette ZO6 RM-Flagship Car

Team DODGE
Dodge Challenger RM (New)
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe-Flagship Car

To sign up to a team, go by the following format.

PSN ID-
GTPlanet ID-
Team-
Car-

TEAM TACTICS

One of the easiest tactics to carry out are slipstream slingshots. This is carried out by having your teamate (Specifically the Flagship Car) go out in front and let you draft them enough to let you sling past them.

A simple, but very hard tactic, is to stick with your teamate. This may sound very simple, but many things can happen when you're in the heat of the race. You can carry out way ahead of your teamate.

A more difficult one, this requires a good driver, best done if the Flagship Car leads. The Flagship cars, generally speaking, the Flagship Cars have a more powerful turbo, giving them better acceleration out of corners. Follow behind them and have them show their best driving line. Then, while following the driving line they use, hit the slipstream to accelerate faster out of the corners.

Their are many other tactics that do and don't follow the rules of the OLR, but that would take to many hours to write and would kill you by a toppling wall of text.

THE RACES

The first races are going to be lasting about thirty minutes. Then the two championship races are going to last 1-1.5 hours.

Suzuka-15 Laps


Monza-15 Laps


Laguna Seca-15 Laps


Nurburgring GP/D-15 Laps


CHAMPIONSHIP RACES


Nurburgring 24/hr Layout Weather/Time Change-6 Laps


Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 Weather/Time Change-8 Laps



Racing must follow the OLR, if you do anything ileagal, you're out. End of story.

POINTS SYSTEM

1.100
2.75
3.50
4.45
5.40
6.35
7.30
8.25
9.20
10.17
11.15
12.12
13.10
14.7
15.5
16.2

At the end of the series, each team will have their scores tallied up. The team with the highest scores wins the championship, and gets their name set up on the boards. The winning team then gets to decide what races will be played the next season.

In the event of a tie, the highest scoring team member will race one lap around the original Nurburgring in a stock car chosen by me. They will each earn a lap time at different trials, then we will start the race. The person who starts off first earns the championship for their team. And just so Counter_Steer doesn't race alone, I put myself up there. :)

So, lets get ready to rumble!
 
Last edited:
Edited some of the aspects of the series.
 
Dude, this looks awesome. 👍

Counter_Steer
Talon
Team GRAN TURISMO
Maserati Gran-Turismo

I'm happy to change cars depending on who else wants to run and whose team I want to be on.
 
Dude, this looks awesome. 👍

Counter_Steer
Talon
Team GRAN TURISMO
Maserati Gran-Turismo

I'm happy to change cars depending on who else wants to run and whose team I want to be on.

All right! I'll add your name to the list!
 
Bump!

Come on people, I don't want to do this series on my own. :lol:
 
This sounds properly cool, got to say! Sign me up for now, don't know what team or car yet though. Will probably choose Ferrari :)

Do both cars score points or is it only the flagship/non-flagship car?
 
I'm very excited about this championship! Count me in, assign me to whatever team that needs filling.

Chris
 
Have you got an idea of when the races are going to be raced? Day of week and time? That would be great to know.
 
Have you got an idea of when the races are going to be raced? Day of week and time? That would be great to know.

As of yet, no. PSN has to comeback before I can announce the date and times. They will be most likely on Saturdays.

I'm very excited about this championship! Count me in, assign me to whatever team that needs filling.

Chris

Sure thing!

This sounds properly cool, got to say! Sign me up for now, don't know what team or car yet though. Will probably choose Ferrari :)

Do both cars score points or is it only the flagship/non-flagship car?

Both cars score the points.
 
Okay, I am working on the tunes for the BMW's and Ferrari's. Again, if you have the car in your possession (Must be stock) then just send it to me, I'll tune it and send it back.
 
Back