- 1,426
- Burammm
I just did my first ever endurance race in all my GT years, the Grand Valley 300km endurance.
I wanted to use one of my LeMans cars - even though they vastly outpower the competition - just to get a taste of what it's like to do lap after lap after lap with one of those. I figure they were designed to do exactly that, so I took the Audi R10 TDI.
I expected it to be an extremely tedious race. However, I must say that strangely enjoyed doing it. There's something about grinding laps that was surprisingly addictive.
My observations:
- using a DS3 = munch tires like a madman (had to pit 4 times, no real difference between soft, medium, hard in terms of tire wear)
- the TDI really seems to be economic with its diesel usage
- 163000cr. for a 2-hour race? WTF?
- getting a lame Honda concept you can't sell? WTF??
- I had a lot fun!
Anyway.. I definitely see myself doing this one over a few times, with some more challenging cars!
👍
I wanted to use one of my LeMans cars - even though they vastly outpower the competition - just to get a taste of what it's like to do lap after lap after lap with one of those. I figure they were designed to do exactly that, so I took the Audi R10 TDI.
I expected it to be an extremely tedious race. However, I must say that strangely enjoyed doing it. There's something about grinding laps that was surprisingly addictive.
My observations:
- using a DS3 = munch tires like a madman (had to pit 4 times, no real difference between soft, medium, hard in terms of tire wear)
- the TDI really seems to be economic with its diesel usage
- 163000cr. for a 2-hour race? WTF?
- getting a lame Honda concept you can't sell? WTF??
- I had a lot fun!
Anyway.. I definitely see myself doing this one over a few times, with some more challenging cars!
👍