GrandValley SpeedWay 60laps Endurance.

• Thread starter kent253
  • 10 comments
kent253
Controller used: G27 H shifter/clutch pedal.FFB-8 Installed on a Wheel stand Pro.
I dont use aids at all not even ABS.

I like to race with cars as stock as possible.

For this race i tuned a GTI 2005 ,did 37 laps and gave up.I was 1"30"xx behind the leader( 3RD position) at my second pit stop and he didn't stop yet so i gave up.My car was 280 hp with sport mediums and 1229 KG.

So i told myself,I will use a tuned Honda Integra (the premium model).So i do a few lap with this car with 303 hp and 1100KG and i feel pretty comfortable with it.I put a racing cage in it and sport medium.Stock suspension.Did 20 laps and the tires where toasted and i was second .The freaking RX7 in front of me was not stopping so i Gave up again.

Then i realized that i was the only one with FWD in that endurance so maybe that was the problem.

So i buy a 2 door Skyline Rear wheel drive.Cant remember the year of the car but its the skyline that looks like the Infinity G35 and is REAR WHEEL DRIVE.2007 i think.Premium model again as i can't stand standards models.I then installed a sport exhaust and some bolt-ons and the car is up to 375 HP but its an heavy pig.1660 kg and stock suspension.The car is now (475 PP) between the lowest and the highest AI Performance points.That time i used sport soft tires,same as the AI.

So i start this endurance for the third time.I had no pit strategy at all.
I get in second position easily enough.The first car is a STI that im unable to overtake.I finally overtake him and put a solid 10 seconds on him but i toast my tires and at the end of lap 19 i enter the pit for the first time.Get out of the pit being 46 seconds late and in 3rd position.I then begin to drive my car like i steal it and i put some good 2"10 and 2"11 lap and my tires last till lap 38 where they are completely toasted.my last lap with them was 2"25 IIRC.

The Subaru(was first for most of the race)then pit on lap 40 and i barely overtake him while he gets out of the pit and i put a solid 20 second on him by lap 49.I then start to slow down cause i don't want to run out of tires at lap 55 or 56.The Subaru is now 1 to 2 seconds quicker that me per lap but im really easy on my tires.I told myself that the Subaru will eventually get in my back but that will be at lap 55 and i can easily handle the pressure 5 more lap or distance him if need is .BUT AT LAP 51 or 52 (dont remember) I RAN OUT OF FUELLLLLL.That was the first time in my whole GRANTURISMO career (which started in GT2) that i ran of fuel.I ran out of fuel just before the long main stretch.In front of the pit.But by the time i realized that i ran out of fuel, im well passed pit entry.So i did a full lap at 80 km/h who took me 3"37 I think.Get in the pit,put the minimum of 16 liters of fuel and 4 new sport soft.I beat the **** out of my car and run a 2"10"034 that was my record but still finished 2nd cause the STI had like 1"24 on me at the end.

That was a really nice race but im a little bit disappointed that i ran out of fuel.But that was my fault cause i never put fuel in the 52 first laps.I was looking at my gauge in the cars dash which I thought was working but i learned the hard way that it was not moving.Since i use no other info that lap times i never saw my level of fuel and i never thought i will ran out fuel.

And i need to learn how to save my tires like AI does.They ran between 34 and 42 laps of the grand valley speedway with 1 set of sport soft

kent253
Controller used: G27 H shifter/clutch pedal.FFB-8 Installed on a Wheel stand Pro.
I dont use aids at all not even ABS.

I like to race with cars as stock as possible.

For this race i tuned a GTI 2005 ,did 37 laps and gave up.I was 1"30"xx behind the leader( 3RD position) at my second pit stop and he didn't stop yet so i gave up.My car was 280 hp with sport mediums and 1229 KG.

So i told myself,I will use a tuned Honda Integra (the premium model).So i do a few lap with this car with 303 hp and 1100KG and i feel pretty comfortable with it.I put a racing cage in it and sport medium.Stock suspension.Did 20 laps and the tires where toasted and i was second .The freaking RX7 in front of me was not stopping so i Gave up again.

Then i realized that i was the only one with FWD in that endurance so maybe that was the problem.

So i buy a 2 door Skyline Rear wheel drive.Cant remember the year of the car but its the skyline that looks like the Infinity G35 and is REAR WHEEL DRIVE.2007 i think.Premium model again as i can't stand standards models.I then installed a sport exhaust and some bolt-ons and the car is up to 375 HP but its an heavy pig.1660 kg and stock suspension.The car is now (475 PP) between the lowest and the highest AI Performance points.That time i used sport soft tires,same as the AI.

So i start this endurance for the third time.I had no pit strategy at all.
I get in second position easily enough.The first car is a STI that im unable to overtake.I finally overtake him and put a solid 10 seconds on him but i toast my tires and at the end of lap 19 i enter the pit for the first time.Get out of the pit being 46 seconds late and in 3rd position.I then begin to drive my car like i steal it and i put some good 2"10 and 2"11 lap and my tires last till lap 38 where they are completely toasted.my last lap with them was 2"25 IIRC.

The Subaru(was first for most of the race)then pit on lap 40 and i barely overtake him while he gets out of the pit and i put a solid 20 second on him by lap 49.I then start to slow down cause i don't want to run out of tires at lap 55 or 56.The Subaru is now 1 to 2 seconds quicker that me per lap but im really easy on my tires.I told myself that the Subaru will eventually get in my back but that will be at lap 55 and i can easily handle the pressure 5 more lap or distance him if need is .BUT AT LAP 51 or 52 (dont remember) I RAN OUT OF FUELLLLLL.That was the first time in my whole GRANTURISMO career (which started in GT2) that i ran of fuel.I ran out of fuel just before the long main stretch.In front of the pit.But by the time i realized that i ran out of fuel, im well passed pit entry.So i did a full lap at 80 km/h who took me 3"37 I think.Get in the pit,put the minimum of 16 liters of fuel and 4 new sport soft.I beat the **** out of my car and run a 2"10"034 that was my record but still finished 2nd cause the STI had like 1"24 on me at the end.

That was a really nice race but im a little bit disappointed that i ran out of fuel.But that was my fault cause i never put fuel in the 52 first laps.I was looking at my gauge in the cars dash which I thought was working but i learned the hard way that it was not moving.Since i use no other info that lap times i never saw my level of fuel and i never thought i will ran out fuel.

And i need to learn how to save my tires like AI does.They ran between 34 and 42 laps of the grand valley speedway with 1 set of sport soft

I make my own race cars by buying a base car maxing it and maybe a few aero parts and then i change the setup done easy
Suggest about 500,000 CR for this

Get a premium, install as much body parts as possible, play a bit with the aerodynamics, put the camber to 0.0/0.0, lower the ride height and try to lift off in quick corner combinations a bit.

Hard to handle but goes on forever.

Based on your report you drove very well, the point is the fuel gauge not working as it happens in several premium cars, why? Only one knows.

It happened to me in the 4hr Nurb and it is frustrating to say the least.

Based on your report you drove very well, the point is the fuel gauge not working as it happens in several premium cars, why? Only one knows.

It happened to me in the 4hr Nurb and it is frustrating to say the least.

I do drive as good as i can.Im better since I use the G27

Back