Graphics and resolution have been downgraded on Series X

• Thread starter SPOOLMAN
  • 6 comments
Australia
Australia
I'm surprised no one has noticed this yet. The visuals and resolution have been massively downgraded with the latest update. Especially in performance RT mode. Its a blurry mess and reflection are running at a much lower resolution.

Is this a bug or is this Turns 10 attempt at fixing any perfect issue? It looks and horrendous now.

Okay the visuals seem to adapt depending on how many cars are on screen. With a full grid of cars the resolution and visuals take a drastic hit. Time trial without any cars on track looks significantly better 🤔

I didn't notice any difference so far, maybe a light flicker on some tracks ?
Reflection seems to be a bit better maybe ?

I played yesterday after update and much visual calibration on xbox series x and also noticed graphics seemed lower choppy and faded lighting with glaring strain to the eyes and HDR/RT both no longer seem working. I compared GT7 on old 1080p ps4 and saw image quality was smother to a certain extent. I also have 4k gt7 upgraded on ps5. Last week Forza Motorsport 2023 on series x I could definitely see the beauty of RT 4k and HDR and it looked better than the ps5 version of gt7. Also other games on xbox still look high quality. so I can confirm that Forza Motorsport did in fact have a downgrade in graphics. I hate this downgrade because I really enjoyed the beautiful graphics that used to be in this game before the update; the only thing they needed to fix was not being bright enough and it had a tad too much cloudy contrast in areas of the game but that was minor compared to misery as it is starting to look.

Last edited:
I played yesterday after update and much visual calibration on xbox series x and also noticed graphics seemed lower choppy and faded lighting with glaring strain to the eyes and HDR/RT both no longer seem working. I compared GT7 on old 1080p ps4 and saw image quality was smother to a certain extent. I also have 4k gt7 upgraded on ps5. Last week Forza Motorsport 2023 on series x I could definitely see the beauty of RT 4k and HDR and it looked better than the ps5 version of gt7. Also other games on xbox still look high quality. so I can confirm that Forza Motorsport did in fact have a downgrade in graphics. I hate this downgrade because I really enjoyed the beautiful graphics that used to be in this game before the update; the only thing they needed to fix was not being bright enough and it had a tad too much cloudy contrast in areas of the game but that was minor compared to misery as it is starting to look.
Yeah man I've noticed the exact same thing. However playing in 30fps quality mode seems to restore most of the visuals although it's not ideal playing at 30fps.

Latest Posts

Back