Graphics fix

mikecustom

(Banned)
ppmike921
How can I make this game look good? I mean, How can I make the contrast and lightning better? any ideas? I've already managed to get rid of the annoying shining track surface but the car still looks way too dark and the interior looks horribly textured and the track surface now looks like a light gray sheet of paper. I can't stand the high-contrast look of the game, if this can't be fixed then I'm going back to GT5, I tried to like it but it seems that my 55' LED 3D TV can't make this game look any good.

There's actually quite a lot you can do to improve on the high contrast look of the game.

First, do not exceed the game's menu brightness by more than 50. Keep it at 45 if possible. To compensate, slightly increase the brightness gain on your TV, but do *not* increase the contrast. Keep it between 60 and 75.

Also, if your TV has different picture modes like Cinema/Standard/Vivid etc. don't go with Vivid at all, goes without saying. Cinema tends to make the contrast very bright at times. Standard would be ideal.

And finally, adjust the reference levels to accommodate FM4. What works for other games, does not work well for Forza. Keep them at Standard, if they're currently set to Intermediate and so on.

It's just how the game is, and you simply have to play around with the console's reference levels along with your TV's backlight, contrast and brightness ratios. And remember, do not set the in game brightness to anything over 50.

I think this should help you feel right at home. Go on then, see if it fits! ;)

There's actually quite a lot you can do to improve on the high contrast look of the game.

First, do not exceed the game's menu brightness by more than 50. Keep it at 45 if possible. To compensate, slightly increase the brightness gain on your TV, but do *not* increase the contrast. Keep it between 60 and 75.

Also, if your TV has different picture modes like Cinema/Standard/Vivid etc. don't go with Vivid at all, goes without saying. Cinema tends to make the contrast very bright at times. Standard would be ideal.

And finally, adjust the reference levels to accommodate FM4. What works for other games, does not work well for Forza. Keep them at Standard, if they're currently set to Intermediate and so on.

It's just how the game is, and you simply have to play around with the console's reference levels along with your TV's backlight, contrast and brightness ratios. And remember, do not set the in game brightness to anything over 50.

I think this should help you feel right at home. Go on then, see if it fits! ;)

IT WORKED! seriously, thank you man, everything looks a lot more natural now, there's still a little bit of contrast but it actually looks cool now and somewhat realistic.

My settings are vey close to Speedster's.

My buddy has an overhead hidef projector.

You should see the game at 1080P and @110" wide...

Back