Graphics Problems Forza MotorsportPC 

• Thread starter Pedraku
  • 24 comments
Spain
Spain
Hello, I have a graphic problem, with Forza Motorsport sometimes while I'm playing either online or career mode that the track becomes black or transparent and I see neither the asphalt nor the kerbs if I see the other cars and also the lines of tracing, only the layout disappears and of course it becomes impossible to play like that. I do not know if it is a bug in the game or just happens to me, I have it updated to the latest version 1.495.9696.0 and my laptop is an i5 12400 and a Rtx 4060. But on my desktop PC sometimes it also happens to me. any solution? Thanks

P.D. Sorry I wanted to put it in general discussion and I have put it here.

Last edited:
This problem seems to correlate with a lack of SSD. Do you have an SSD in your laptop and is there sufficient room on it?

This problem seems to correlate with a lack of SSD. Do you have an SSD in your laptop and is there sufficient room on it?
Thanks for replying. Yes I have a SSD now I do not remember the space left on it, tomorrow I will look at it, but I have had the same problem on my desktop Pc and the game is installed on a Nvme disk.

Have you tried turning the graphics quality settings to the lowest level? I'm wondering if your graphics card is running out of VRAM. I use a PC that is quite low spec for levelling cars up, it only has a i7 7700 and 3060 Ti, but I never have the problem you describe with it running at low quality settings.

This happens here if i race with variable weather insteed of fixed weather condition. First some parts of the track become transparent, then more and more of the track disappears till everything is black or gone. GFX settings dosnt matter.

Have you tried turning the graphics quality settings to the lowest level? I'm wondering if your graphics card is running out of VRAM. I use a PC that is quite low spec for levelling cars up, it only has a i7 7700 and 3060 Ti, but I never have the problem you describe with it running at low quality settings.
Hi, I have the quality set to medium which is how I gave more FPS and Vram is a little over half I do not think that's why, I do not think it's a problem of the graphics as I have an i5 12400 and a Rtx 4060. Maybe some graphical setting that creates this problem or a bug in the game so I was asking if anyone else is happening to rule out that it is a bug.

I don't think it's because of disk space as I looked at it today and I have 136 Gb of free space.

This happens here if i race with variable weather insteed of fixed weather condition. First some parts of the track become transparent, then more and more of the track disappears till everything is black or gone. GFX settings dosnt matter.
That's exactly what happens to me, but it happens to me even if I'm running in clear weather, and it's random, maybe I do three or four laps perfectly and then the track just disappears.

Pc version is just a big like of crap graphics wise….

With ray tracing off it looks Nice overal but in the car show and paint shop It all looks crap. Massive frame drops in races and sometimes a stable 120 and then it Goes back to 80 with drops to 45fps its a ahit show and turn 10 ignores it nowhere there mention this huge problem.

I love the game but its getting frustrating now….

You're getting 120? Are you in 1080 or something? lol 😆
I haven't seen 120FPS outside of the menu screen. Only game I have where I run it in 2k instead of 4k so I don't get a massive headache from the frame drop slide show in the corners on track. And I have what I'd like to consider a high end PC. Around 100FPS in ACC.

You're getting 120? Are you in 1080 or something? lol 😆
If I run it with uncapped frame rate at 4k, it goes up to 110+ with a 5800X3D and 4080, and it's CPU limited, it never maxes out the GPU. So I imagine with a 7800X3D and 4090 it would be over 120 a lot of the time. However, I haven't been playing the game much because even while hitting 110+, I'm still getting little micro stutters every few seconds, and it ruins the game for me.

Another thing I recently discovered is you can use the Nvidia overlay to show performance data that includes latency. FH5 and FM are both around 80ms, which is absolutely terrible, and now I understand why the response of the cars has always felt sluggish to me. Every other game I've looked at has been under 15ms. I think this is why ACC, even though I don't feel a huge difference in physics with a controller, feels like a much more visceral experience, because you're so much more directly connected to the car (6ms latency and a silky smooth 144fps at 4k).

How outlandish is it to say that a 7800x3d and a 4090 is what's needed to get 120 at 4k? I mean it's embarrassing. And we're not even talking triples or VR. I have a 5800x3d as well but had an issue with my 4080 and had to send it back. I'm back on my old 2080 Super. While I can get settings that get me 60FPS, which is absolutely ridiculous, after a few races it seems to just drop to ~30FPS. Stutters at 60 and slide shows at 30.
Disappointment is an understatement.
And at the rate this is moving and just throwing content at a dumpster fire, I wouldn't be surprised if the game still wasn't usable 2 years from now. Hope I'm wrong.
Forza Motorsport is what ruined Forza Motorsport for me.
This is no where near a game that should demand you have the highest CPU available to play it. This is no where near the game that should demand you have the BEST GPU money can buy to play it.

My degree is in Management Information Systems. I'm an IT guy. I go through all sorts of different equipment depending on what I get my hands on. Either way, I already know the performance of what this system can do in every other actual Sim out there. That was funny though. I can get ~120 in rF2, and AMS2 with ease but because Forza Motorsport, I don't know what I'm doing.

By combining a amd with a nvidia card you probably dont realy know what you are doing.
I'm not sure what it is that you're implying, but that is truthfully not how that works. Not even a little bit.

I wasn't even going to get into it. I started typing and then went, nope.
Which is the best policy in almost all circumstances, but something about the response irked that part of my brain.

There's also the outlook of someone looking to get into PC gaming may come across that comment for whatever reason and take it at face value.

By combining a amd with a nvidia card you probably dont realy know what you are doing.
deer-snow.gif

I run a 7800X3D with a 7900XTX and with SAM of i get there sometimes at 4k but its a big mess for sure.

Just updated to 3.0 and I was happy to report that it looks like it was solved. I pumped up the graphics, activated DLSS, and started a race in Silverstone. Smooth as butter, graphics were good, and NOTHING was popping in or out, the entire track and its surroundings were stone solid, quite happy! The entire race finished up without issues (normally the first lap is 'fine' but after each lap things used to get worse and worse until the whole track disappeared) and the 6 laps were about perfect!

...but then, I decided to do the next race, in Barcelona, just in case. I noticed it took longer to load, but anyway....after the first corners, oh no. Some elements start to disappear, and after another while...well, this is the very last lap:

Well, they did fix it. For a whole one race. And of course, the podium animation took several minutes to load, whereas Silverstone loaded within a few seconds. All of this difference, in the span of literally one race, it went from 100 to 0 that quickly.

Honestly, I lost all hopes of seeing this fixed. Having raced in Silverstone without any issues tells me a lot, as a starting point, there are not any technical issues, at least on my side, otherwise, I would have experienced maybe not the popping/disappearing thing straight away, but lagging, or any other kind of performance problem, but I did not. Those 6 laps were exactly how FM23 was supposed to run, but the dream faded quickly sadly. I noticed they closed yet again the issue on the official forums...hopefully a 3.0 version is opened soon, to at least check I'm not the only one trapped in this ghost mode nightmare of a racing game.

Last edited:
Updated game. Turn it on. Do a race. Getting worse performance than I did before the update after they "fixed" things and optimized performance. It's just turning into a bad joke now.

Usually, after an update, the graphics settings get changed automatically so it might be worth checking these to see if they've remained the same?

I initially started the game and got worse FPS then the session I did the night before. I restarted the game. Fooled around with DLSS settings, got worse performance performance yet again. I went back to the settings that I had. Restarted the game and I was then getting the same FPS that I had the night before. 😂
However I noticed that FPS was more stable and didn't fluctuate as much as it used to.
So I guess it's baby steps but technically it was an improvement. lol

Just updated to 3.0 and I was happy to report that it looks like it was solved. I pumped up the graphics, activated DLSS, and started a race in Silverstone. Smooth as butter, graphics were good, and NOTHING was popping in or out, the entire track and its surroundings were stone solid, quite happy! The entire race finished up without issues (normally the first lap is 'fine' but after each lap things used to get worse and worse until the whole track disappeared) and the 6 laps were about perfect!

...but then, I decided to do the next race, in Barcelona, just in case. I noticed it took longer to load, but anyway....after the first corners, oh no. Some elements start to disappear, and after another while...well, this is the very last lap:

Well, they did fix it. For a whole one race. And of course, the podium animation took several minutes to load, whereas Silverstone loaded within a few seconds. All of this difference, in the span of literally one race, it went from 100 to 0 that quickly.

Honestly, I lost all hopes of seeing this fixed. Having raced in Silverstone without any issues tells me a lot, as a starting point, there are not any technical issues, at least on my side, otherwise, I would have experienced maybe not the popping/disappearing thing straight away, but lagging, or any other kind of performance problem, but I did not. Those 6 laps were exactly how FM23 was supposed to run, but the dream faded quickly sadly. I noticed they closed yet again the issue on the official forums...hopefully a 3.0 version is opened soon, to at least check I'm not the only one trapped in this ghost mode nightmare of a racing game.

I've had issues with fps drop after just one race. Unfortunately ray tracing/rtao is broken and having it off seems to be the only fix for me. Wish they can fix this soon

Back