graphics problems

• Thread starter MaxP
  • 6 comments
Germany
Germany
I have the following graphics problems with GT7:

1. In the distance, things like trees etc. just "pop up", it looks extremely unnatural.

2. I find the same phenomenon in the rear-view mirror almost even worse, things suddenly disappear...

3. Crash barriers and side borders, especially if they are grey, have textures of different brightness depending on the distance, the border between these textures runs along the side as a vertical line.

Are these current graphics problems or should this actually be the next gen graphics?

Or is it just me having these problems?

I installed and tried the game both on the internal memory and on the SSD expansion WD_BLACK SN850 500GB NVMe.

Last edited:
I have the following graphics problems with GT7:

1. In the distance, things like trees etc. just "pop up", it looks extremely unnatural.

2. I find the same phenomenon in the rear-view mirror almost even worse, things suddenly disappear...

3. Crash barriers and side borders, especially if they are grey, have textures of different brightness depending on the distance, the border of these textures runs along the side as a vertical line.

Are these current graphics problems or should this actually be the next gen graphics?

Or is it just me having these problems?

I installed and tried the game both on the internal memory and on the SSD expansion WD_BLACK SN850 500GB NVMe.
Images in the rear view and side mirrors are rendered at half resolution, aren't they?

It's like that in a lot of racing games. It renders the details in a radius of what, 20m?, around your car. That's why you see this vertical line running with you. It's ugly, yeah. And might not be necessary on next-gen. But since GT7 is on old-gen too, PD won't bother to develop a significant smoother experience.

You might add "4. Trees are mostly duplicates." if you haven't noticed. :lol:

Back