Great job, Polyphony! Thanks for finally fixing the network issue...

  • Thread starter Thread starter nuu1212
  • 4 comments
  • 897 views

When does the issue (still) occur

  • Never

    Votes: 11 64.7%
  • After just racing and qualifying

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • After watching a replay

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • After browsing something else

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seems random

    Votes: 3 17.6%

  • Total voters
    17

nuu1212

(Banned)
Messages
282
Germany
Germany
Quoting from the official "update details":
- In "Sport" mode or Lobby where you would be sent back to the "Race Entry Selection" screen while matchmaking was in progress has been fixed.*

Finally, I understand what this means:
Now, instead of being sent to the "Race Entry Selection" screen if the issue occurs, you get the "network disconnect" popup window,
TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THERE WAS AN ISSUE!

Great, great job!

*another hilarious side note: the "official" sentence above actually HAS NO SUBJECT.
So what has been fixed? Well. Nothing!
 
Last edited:
I'm excited about this too.
Gone are the days of getting kicked after 15-20 mins of practice before an FIA race.
 
Seems like this backfired...
To clarify: for me personally, I had 4 disconnects in 25 races AFTER update, while I rarely (like 3 in 100) had them before!
I suspect that watching a replay induces the crash but have no patience to test this. I'm not the dev.

Maybe the patch is for FIA only!?
 
I got booted today for the first time in weeks. First race entry right upon game startup.
 
Back