Greatest complaint so far..

• Thread starter amar212
  • 14 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
I really like FM2, and my greatest respect goes to the fact T10 had only 2 years to make this game. It's a job well done. But, I have one very serious complaint which I didn't realise until yesterday.

Why there's no option to make your own-spec races in offline? Is it forcing the Live, or what? PGR3's Arcade mode brings very simple option to choose a track/race options/then your car/then opponent cars. Voila. And in FM2 there is even no option to set number of laps for Exhibition Races in Arcade - which I presumed it would happen once when I finish all the races. Well, it didn't.

Great AI this game has when racing factory-spec races would be a remarkable foundation for making F2 longitivity for almost forever - untill FM3 comes out.

If there is one single option I'd wish for as DLC - "create-a-race-in-arcade-mode" would be that one.

I really like FM2, and my greatest respect goes to the fact T10 had only 2 years to recycle this game. It's a job well done. But, I have one very serious complaint which I didn't realise until yesterday.

Why there's no option to make your own-spec races in offline? Is it forcing the Live, or what? PGR3's Arcade mode brings very simple option to choose a track/race options/then your car/then opponent cars. Voila. And in FM2 there is even no option to set number of laps for Exhibition Races in Arcade - which I presumed it would happen once when I finish all the races. Well, it didn't.

Great AI this game has when racing factory-spec races would be a remarkable foundation for making F2 longitivity for almost forever - untill FM3 comes out.

If there is one single option I'd wish for as DLC - "create-a-race-in-arcade-mode" would be that one.

*FIXED*

Come on, you know this game should be called forza 1.5 :dopey:

Well while we are on the subject of bad things;

BAD THINGS
- I completely agree with what you've already said, they didn't have that in the first one either though unfortunately. :(
- R32 Skyline still doesn't look quite right, especiallyp the headlights...
- R34 Skyline doesn't look quite right either, almost looks like the sedan R34 from the back. :odd:
- Removed too many tracks
- Still only has the 'inferior' Koenigsegg and Zonda (CC8S and C12 respectively)
- Unless i'm not far enough through the game yet, there seems to be much less things you can do to the appearance of your car (no more taillight conversions or bonnets?
- Replays still only have one 'loop' (i.e. each lap has the exact same [and quite bad sometimes] camera views, unlike Gran Turismo where there is a three or so lap cycle of different views - personally i think this is just plain unacceptable and it frustrates me to say the least)
- Load times could be better but hey

GOOD THINGS
+ Lamborghini Countach!!!!
+ Car sounds - they are by far the most realistic car sounds i've heard in any game ever
+ Physics - they are awesome and drifting is once again too much fun :D
+ Heaps more colour choices

And more.

Overall it is a really awesome game, not perfect but no game is these days.

What I don't know is why havn't they put a Supercharger on the E46 M3 ?

there are some graphic glitches

look at the black areas under the headlights :( , and there are other small problems with graphics ...other than that I think the game is gr8 and I'm hooked :D .... I hope the first DLC will have an M6 so I can transplant that V10 into the E46 M3 :D:D

My gripes are the missing p2p's(especially the touge:()

the fact that you still can't change your exhaust(visually)

and some car's(360 modena, r32(headlights), r34(headlights)) look like they have just been recycled from the first game. Also there is no pherihpeal port for the rotor and the 13b and 20b sound the same.

but there is enough good points to make up for this i spose....

but i REALLY miss road america, alpine ring(BEST curcuit drift track) and the p2p's.

Oh and why no 1000hp normal supra or gtr(NUR)...

Well Amar and everyone I have great news for you. You can set up your own field of cars!!

Go to Multiplayer, System Link (still works with only one console), set up your track, laps, race rules, etc.., push create. Now it will give you your field of competitors like it does in online mode. Just toggle over each AI car you want to change, hit X (settings), there you can change car and difficulty individually for each AI car. Sweet eh!

Only one thing bad about this is only you can choose a car from your garage, AI cars have to be stock. Better than nothing though!

Have fun.

*FIXED*

Come on, you know this game should be called forza 1.5 :dopey:
You know that's not true, at least I hope you do. The whole engine in FM2 is ten times better than FM1.

A couple of other annoying things;

- No matt black paint anymore????
- Much less bodykits - can get a couple of from bumpers for the old CRX but no side skirts?!?!?! What the heck is up with that, it ruins the whole look of the car. *insert angry face here*

Well Amar and everyone I have great news for you. You can set up your own field of cars!!

Have to check this, but it sounds like it could work. Thank you for this tip - shame they didn't make it more transparent as an option. 👍 👍 👍

I would of like if they used more tuner options on body kits , for example a Hamann body kit for the M3 or and AC Shnitzer one , for mercs Lurninser(SP?) ...ect would of worked well if they did

Not enough tracks not enough D and C class cars. Seems like GT3 type game, where they're bigger game for FM3. I didn't like the single player game structure in the first game and i don't like in this one.

Back