Green DayMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Calibretto
  • 12 comments
  • 574 views
Messages
71
anybody watch the Green Day storytellers on VH1. I think that was one of their best concerts yet.
 
They're too political.

If people want to make political music I think they should just go campaigning without music. They don't need to be singing this crap to the 13-14 year olds that mostly listen to this. I used to like Green Day but not with this crap in their music.
 
Green Day used to be good back in the day, they need to pack it up and quit. And I agree way to political, they are adding to the generation that hate's Bush because musics tells them to, not to mention they are breeding more punker :yuck:

So to answer your question, no I didn't watch the special, nor would I want to.
 
Only 1 or 2 songs were political. The rest were off topic of political. People think the whole CD is political cause the album name is "American Idiot"
 
"American Idiot" is a concept album so therefore all the songs relate to one another.
 
Yep Yep, I'm not going to post any more opinions/comments. I don't want to get into a heated debate about Green Day's political retardedness.
 
Actually I've heard the entire album more times then I care to :rolleyes:
 
Ok then list all the political songs, cause I can only count 2 or 3.
But I agree, I like their older stuff more.
 
My friend got really p***ed at them and started hating them suddenly when he realised that they weren't going to release the song "american idot" in america. Can you blame them for only releasing it in england?
 
Man, The new album isn't all that political. There is about 2 songs: American Idiot, and Holiday.
 
I dont care if its just one political song or all of them. one or two is way too many. i was never really in to green day that much though i did like a few of thier songs. and i was even waiting for a new album till it ended up being what it was. green day is old and they just need to retire. im sick of these anti-political punk rock bands that probably dont even know what the hell they're singing about. like sum 41 with that new song they have out. ugh. its funny ive never been too fond of bands with grown men that sound like 12 year olds.
 
Basket Case is an interesting song... the lyrics would probably be appropriate in the Libertar... never mind. :dopey:
 
Back