Green hell Gr.1 challenge

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by gtpierre, Jul 18, 2019.

1. gtpierre

gtpierre

So I cancelled my ps plus subscription because nothing has been done to clean up the sport mode, and league racing is far too restrictive for me.

I might go back online later but in the meantime I started doing some challenges to force myself to drive perfectly in difficult conditions on custom races.
    To make it short : I start from the back and try to finish first (with clean race) with RH tyres in Gr. cars one make races with realistic settings (i.e damages, no boost, cockpit view) in the least amount of laps possible.

I'm currently stuck in one of this challenges :
    nurburgring nordschleife
    2 laps
    Gr.1 one make
    full damage
    no boost
    Rolling start , 25m , last position
    professional AI
    All penalties to max (including car collision and side contact)
    ABS default
    tyres wear x2
    fuel conso x3
    slipstream real
    grip real

No driving aids
    stock settings for the car
    cockpit view

So far I have tried only using the Audi '11, and my best result was 6th without clean race bonus.

It should be doable for people that are good on this track. good luck

Sven Jurgens, fastone371, Qyn and 2 others like this.
  2. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I think I'll pass! Good luck, sounds very hard!

fastone371, dlshearon, Qyn and 2 others like this.
  3. gtpierre

gtpierre

I managed a second place yesterday. Still no clean race bonus.
    I will post the video afterwards. The AI is crashing everywhere it's such a mess.

fastone371, seadog777 and Qyn like this.
  4. Pigems

Pigems

So it’s just like sport mode then, except they “never” hand out penalties offline. ;)

Qyn likes this.
  5. gtpierre

gtpierre

They do! When you watch the replay, you see an AI with a penalty. I was shocked but it's happens

Qyn likes this.
  6. Pigems

Pigems

I’ve never seen offline penalties before, unless you mean a custom race and you set them to be on a I guess.

Qyn likes this.
  7. zorrofox

zorrofox

I'd rather take up DIY Dentistry.

seadog777, Pigems and Qyn like this.
  8. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Look forward to the video!
    Just thinking, you could make it even more difficult by doing it at night! :crazy:

Qyn likes this.
  9. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

I gave it a bunch of tries when my internet went out last night. The R92CP is no problem to drive (with TCS, I can't drive it without) on the Nord, but the GR.1 AI is atrocious. After a while I realized I'm not racing them, merely learning the pattern (the AI does the same every retry) to be in the right place at the right time to avoid their brake checks, mid corner nonsense and cutting off. With full damage a single bump can be game over while racing idiots. Whatever 'pattern' I was racing against had me stop at Kallenhard, 0kph, waiting for the AI to sort out their mess every attempt in that spot and avoid getting hit by the 2 same cars backing up over the track while 8 others were bunched up blocking the entire road. Then of course in the R92CP you get rear ended in some places damaging your back spoiler lol.

Good luck with this challenge!!!