Green hell Gr.1 challenge

• Thread starter gtpierre
  • 8 comments
Austria
Austria
So I cancelled my ps plus subscription because nothing has been done to clean up the sport mode, and league racing is far too restrictive for me.

I might go back online later but in the meantime I started doing some challenges to force myself to drive perfectly in difficult conditions on custom races.
To make it short : I start from the back and try to finish first (with clean race) with RH tyres in Gr. cars one make races with realistic settings (i.e damages, no boost, cockpit view) in the least amount of laps possible.

I'm currently stuck in one of this challenges :
nurburgring nordschleife
2 laps
Gr.1 one make
full damage
no boost
Rolling start , 25m , last position
professional AI
All penalties to max (including car collision and side contact)
ABS default
tyres wear x2
fuel conso x3
slipstream real
grip real

No driving aids
stock settings for the car
cockpit view

So far I have tried only using the Audi '11, and my best result was 6th without clean race bonus.

It should be doable for people that are good on this track. good luck

I managed a second place yesterday. Still no clean race bonus.
I will post the video afterwards. The AI is crashing everywhere it's such a mess.

So it’s just like sport mode then, except they “never” hand out penalties offline. ;)

They do! When you watch the replay, you see an AI with a penalty. I was shocked but it's happens

I’ve never seen offline penalties before, unless you mean a custom race and you set them to be on a I guess.

I managed a second place yesterday. Still no clean race bonus.
I will post the video afterwards. The AI is crashing everywhere it's such a mess.
Look forward to the video!
Just thinking, you could make it even more difficult by doing it at night! :crazy:

I gave it a bunch of tries when my internet went out last night. The R92CP is no problem to drive (with TCS, I can't drive it without) on the Nord, but the GR.1 AI is atrocious. After a while I realized I'm not racing them, merely learning the pattern (the AI does the same every retry) to be in the right place at the right time to avoid their brake checks, mid corner nonsense and cutting off. With full damage a single bump can be game over while racing idiots. Whatever 'pattern' I was racing against had me stop at Kallenhard, 0kph, waiting for the AI to sort out their mess every attempt in that spot and avoid getting hit by the 2 same cars backing up over the track while 8 others were bunched up blocking the entire road. Then of course in the R92CP you get rear ended in some places damaging your back spoiler lol.

Good luck with this challenge!!!

Back