Greenwood Roadway (real life Deep Forest)

Indonesia
Jakarta
Normalaatsra
A pure coincidence, an abandoned race track in Iowa had features strikingly similar to Deep Forest Raceway - Reverse, an original Gran Turismo creation. It has already grabbed the attention of the media and even Polyphony Digital themselves. It can serve as a joke circuit.

greenwood-deep-forest-300x289.jpg

Until you've been to Greenwood Roadway it's hard to understand how the topography of the two tracks is virtually identical. I walked it and took photos a few years back. What really needs to happen, is someone needs to buy the property and create a real world Deep Forest Raceway and have track days with cars featured in Gran Turismo for rent.

Until you've been to Greenwood Roadway it's hard to understand how the topography of the two tracks is virtually identical. I walked it and took photos a few years back. What really needs to happen, is someone needs to buy the property and create a real world Deep Forest Raceway and have track days with cars featured in Gran Turismo for rent.
Nice idea bro,but the problem is that you need to find some Lord or some rich man from Abu Dhabi that is a)Rich and b)all into GT series. Idea isnt bad at all,some tought of making a real Grand Valley,but its very hard to believe that will come true :(

I don't think you even need that much. Do some fundraising, maybe find a local sponsor or two and have some local guys repave it. Let car rental and track day profit be a marker for whether to take it all the way. A gross over simplification but I think it could be done relatively cheaply to begin and see where it goes. It already has some exposure to the local and GT communities. Get Kaz to bring a couple GT-Rs to the track when it opens and see if it takes off. If nothing else the locals get a usable track back.

That place looks cool, even if the tarmac isn't in great condition right now. I'll have to road trip up there and check it out.

It would take loads of cash to bring up to any kind of usable state. But, it sits in an area of Iowa that now has a world class dirt track (Knoxville) a NASCAR/Indy oval (Iowa Speedway) a legendary Drag Strip (Eddyville), so it's not like there isn't a car culture in the area.

That said, I'll be working harder to get the Marshalltown Kart track up and running again. Now, that IS a project a few car clubs and karters could get going. I spoke to the owner (of the kart track) last year, and he'd like to see it happen.

Deep Forest is probably my favourite track in GT5 and 6 and as Greenwood Roadway is similar I would love to have it in the game. My understanding is that Greenwood Roadway was only open for 4 years (1963-66), but in that time it hosted SCCA and USRRC events. It would probably take too much money to repair and reopen the track, but featuring it in GT6 or 7 would be a great tribute to a historic track. Below Greenwood USRRC race.

514f9471e4b0d4d5c3e4eeb7

Last edited:
Back