Greetings from the only Persian!

OmnipotenceZERO
Hey guys! Greetings to u all ! First of all i should say that my English isnt really good... Enuf to be understandable :rolleyes: I'm Kami. Kamyar actually is the name but they all consider it "hard" so they just call me kami (bah!) :lol: 20yrs old in this comin' feb the 24th. May sound weird and surprising at the same time but, im in my 3rd year of Dental Surgery. I'm living alone in the Philippines as a foreigner and i tell ya its damn hard, i mean psychologically, not like makin food and stuff (cuz i master it haha ... )
I'm Persian (yea yea... remember the movie 300? the monsters who were supposed to be Persians? im them :crazy:! srsly wth...). To be honest, u can almost find...well...no one from my nationality... and even if u do they can hardly talk a word in English:boggled:. So im...well not "alone" but u know, kinda hard to get in a group or somethin' in ps3 when every1 is of the same nationality. I remember i had Gran Turismo in 1997 when i bought my ps1 (for 350$!) which included Gran Turismo in it as a bundle. I'm sure i dont need to explain the joy of playing that game since all of u have experienced it. I even won a small championship which was time trial, dont mind the prize but for a kid of 10 years old it was quiet alot (in 2000). The game really gave me that feelin' i nvr experienced again.. But then, things happened... I did have GT2 but i didnt buy PS2 for the next coming GTs, to be honest i got addicted to PC online gaming... i totally lost track of new games coming out. Long story short, i was passin a shop full o' ps3 games and a familiar logo suddenly attracted my attention while going back home. The GT5 Prologue. There it was, i bought the ps3 the next week and i was simply amazed by the game even though it was just a prologue. Jumpin' from a ps1 to ps3...is a Bee.EYE.Jee jump man, the graphics were like unbelievable. But then, since studies were the priority, in the beginnin i thought of givin' it a rest. lol i failed at givin it a rest. I've bought 2 LDFGTs cuz i always invite my hardcore car enthusiast friends to my place so that we can both race via the wheels. I'm doing more than gr8 in my univ, and well i managed to hit the 24th rank in superspeed daytona circuit which is up now in the website. (ID: OmnipotenceZERO) Tryin' to find a balance between studies and playin' GT5P. Well, guess what, this whole thing was just the "long story short"! i really wanna express maself more but i know the thread is already too damn long and by the time im reachin the last lines, hardly 2 or 3 out of 50 people actually will read this whole thing :lol: Glad to be a part of :gtplanet:!
P.S. Im dyin just like the rest of u even more to know the release date of GT5. Even still, i rather have it finished but delivered late than having bugs or failures in it 'n gettin' it right now, cuz else they would actually be featured in GT6, which i bet u dont wanna wait that long :lol:.
Always remember,
Its better to be pissed off than pissed ON
Peace 'n Cheers mates! :cheers:

Last edited:
Welcome to GTPlanet, OmnipotenceZERO. 👍

You're not the only Iranian here. Although he hasn't posted here in a very long time, Persian Pride (Amir) beat you to it. :)

oh wow! really? does he have any ... online rank or somethin? im curious~ Cuz in like a whole year that i searched for any persians playin GT5P online or havin any rank or somethin' i found no one, checked every forum, even used google lol :D anyways, thx for the warm welcome, appreciate it :)
P.S. Ive used this website for over a year now, just didnt actually sign up as a member cuz all i needed from this website was fresh news and to be able te' comment which without registration still worked but then i had forgotten how good 'n useful the forum could be so i decided to sign up ;)

Last edited:
oh wow! really? does he have any ... online rank or somethin? im curious~ Cuz in like a whole year that i searched for any persians playin GT5P online or havin any rank or somethin' i found no one, checked every forum, even used google lol :D anyways, thx for the warm welcome, appreciate it :)

I'll PM you his PSN ID later today if he's OK about it. 👍

I'm afraid that I need to draw your attention to our AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) that states:

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

👍

Enjoy your stay here. 👍

Kami%20standing.jpg

Welcome Kami.

Welcome to the 'Planet, Kami, you'll enjoy your free stay until you get premium... which I still don't have. :ouch:.

Haha thanks everyone for the warm welcome, appreciate it! :)
And oh hey dk00111! Nice! You are Persian too? Yes I can speak Farsi :P But we have to follow the rules and obligations in this website, so English is a must ! If you have a messenger or something we could talk. By the way, where do you live? Cheers!

Yeah, I know, I'll stick to English lol.
I'm in Houston..
I don't really use IM's, but I can add you on PSN if you want.

Oh so you are in the States? Well I haven't had the opportunity to visit there yet :lol: And yeah sure thing mate! Add me anytime you can. It's an honor to actually have a Persian in my PSN buddy list after such a long time searching for one; Not to mention everyone else who is interested. I'd be more than glad ;) 👍

Back