Grid 2 - Global Challenges - General discussion

• Thread starter Smuttysy
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Smuttysy
Just thought this might be a good idea, in the same way that the GT5 threads talk about seasonal events.

For this week's events though I have a bit of a query. I am getting frustrated with the Brands Hatch event, in as much that I cannot enter it. I have purchased the McLaren/Brands Hatch dlc but am still unable to enter, so it must have something to do with a specific car needed to enter.
Can someone confirm this is the case, as when I click to enter psn store it also says "no dlc found" or something like that.

I am getting frustrated with the Brands Hatch event, in as much that I cannot enter it. I have purchased the McLaren/Brands Hatch dlc but am still unable to enter, so it must have something to do with a specific car needed to enter.
Can someone confirm this is the case, as when I click to enter psn store it also says "no dlc found" or something like that.

You haven't installed it yet.

EDIT: You need the GT-R.

Last edited:
I had the same problem yesterday, only jumped on quick and got top spot at BIXBY PASS power lap, probably gone by now :) Really into the global,s just need to level up to get the big stuff yet. Still can,t upgrade the aston as am not lvl 21.

Maybe the DLC stuff is excluded from the Global Challenges to keep everything an even playing field.

Sorry, but it says it's a requirement, not an exclusion.

You haven't installed it yet.

I have installed the packs, as they are playable in other areas of the game. If you say I haven't installed it (and therefore you know as you have completed the event) please let me know what circuit layout it is and which car is required.

I have a sneaky feeling it's likely to be the Nissan GT-R, which is one of the packs I have not bothered with yet.

But how can they force DLC into the Globals? Not everyone has it & if they let you borrow the cars the others who have them will have them upgraded. 100% unfair.👎

I've been trying a majority of the globals this week and they are pretty fun but the only ones I consistenly fail at are Drift events.

I can't seem to drift like I did in the 1st Grid game but admittedly I was using a 360 controller to pull that off.

In Grid 2 I'm actually using a G27 and learning how to drive stick (not realistic I know but it helps with the motions). Any time I get a T3 or T4 drift event I just go for bronze because I know I can't drift at all :(

Rather an odd one then, so all you have to do to beat your friends is make sure you have one more dlc than them. Seems like a very strange decision, there should have at least been "inferior" alternative vehicles as options.

This week's events have no odd DLC requirements, but an AI fail that could help or hinder your progress, depending on if there's more than one in the same corner.
Miami Overtake challenge - Final Corner - Downtown Speedway

Every single AI seems to drive straight at the barrier on the inside of the corner, sometimes bouncing off across the circuit too. If there's two of them battling for position it can get very chaotic!
So just a heads up, don't try to pass them on the inside of this corner, you'll get rammed!

Back