Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GRID Legends Preview: Glory Days

Following last week’s launch date announcement for GRID Legends, we’ve been giving the game a little bit of a playtest. Codemasters sent us over a code for a limited demo of a development build of the title on Steam, as a preview of some of the game’s new content, modes and features...

I want to see more of the race creator. Hopefully they will preview that more extensively as the talked about it in the initial video

I prefer fictional street circuits to inaccurate super wide well known real circuits with reverse layouts.
What about fictional track circuits? The street circuits that they've been adding are just so cramped and with the aggressive way the AI drive it always leads to incidents, and it's just very hard to race cleanly.

The challenge of a street circuit is fun, but in moderation. This game series was built as a semi-serious, semi-sim racing game, borne out of the TocA games. Honestly the last one I really enjoyed was Toca World Touring Cars.

Last edited:
What about fictional track circuits? The street circuits that they've been adding are just so cramped and with the aggressive way the AI drive it always leads to incidents, and it's just very hard to race cleanly.

The challenge of a street circuit is fun, but in moderation.
Sure. Fictional racetracks would be great. I would even be happy with more of the less know real circuits like Sydney Motorsport Park.

I do find the Grid versions of famous circuits that are in every other game (Brands, Spa, Bathurst) to be distractingly inaccurate. The reverse layouts also just feel wrong, and seem like a means to make the track list seem bigger.

Sure. Fictional racetracks would be great. I would even be happy with more of the less know real circuits like Sydney Motorsport Park.

I do find the Grid versions of famous circuits that are in every other game (Brands, Spa, Bathurst) to be distractingly inaccurate. The reverse layouts also just feel wrong, and seem like a means to make the track list seem bigger.
Absolutely, seems to be a general Codemasters issue as the F1 games have innacurate tracks as well, although I think they're beginning to fix those? (I don't play them) so perhaps we'll see that in the GRID games as well.

I do miss that huge variety of lesser known circuits from the older games, that mantle seems to have been taken by Project CARS now.

As I say Toca WTC is still the gold standard for me, in terms of content. The tracks were even more inaccurate in those days (Not that 13 year old me knew or cared) but they had so many real world tracks - Adelaide, Brasília, Beunos Aires, Dijon, Hockenheim, Mexico City, Oulton, Snetterton, Sugo, Surfers Paradise, TI Aida, Road America, Watkins Glen and more. They even had the Vancouver Indycar Circuit.

So more new street circuits. Feels like the series is now dominated by them.
Yeah, I do think this game looks great so far but I'm not looking forward to having to slog through more cramped street circuits.

I do really like the OG San Francisco circuit from GRID 1, but the rest I don't really care for. With the 22 car grid, I can see the tightness of these circuits becoming even more of an issue. Hopefully improved AI remedies this a bit, these tracks were an absolute nightmare to race AI on in GRID 2019.

Last edited:
I like driving the street circuits in GRID. The problem is the AI tends to slow down and bunch up unnecessarily and cause huge pileups in the early laps. Looks like nothing changed here. If you can qualify and start the race from the front everytime it would solve the problem.

Paying for damaging your car after a race in an arcade game like this… seems concerning. I remember they did that in an old nfs title and it didn’t sit well with people.
In previous games you can disable damage (though it would also reduce your credit reward multiplier). I wouldn't worry too much, unless you're totalling your car every race the repair fee is quite cheap compared to the race earnings 👍

Last edited:
I like driving the street circuits in GRID. The problem is the AI tends to slow down and bunch up unnecessarily and cause huge pileups in the early laps. Looks like nothing changed here. If you can qualify and start the race from the front everytime it would solve the problem.

In previous games you can disable damage (though it would also reduce your credit reward multiplier). I wouldn't worry too much, unless you're totalling your car every race the repair fee is quite cheap compared to the race earnings 👍
Will there be a reverse time option after crashes? Probably not now.

Back