Grids or Tables in posts

sgohsixthree

SRM High Lord Dictator & Emperor Supreme
Premium
United States
CA
smcinnis
Is this something that can be considered? Is it enabled and I missed it? For the sake of organizing info-heavy posts it could prove handy. I've tried a few things and nothing seems to work. Perhaps it's a limitation of BB code. Thought I would ask.

Thanks for everything. :cheers:

It would be useful, yes, but the technical limitations of BB code and the constraints of modern web design (the majority of our visitors are on a mobile device) makes user-generated tables in posts impractical.

I see the ease-of-access advantage having native table support, but a very good alternative is to use Google's spreadsheet editor, which can be hyperlinked. This also means that the data can be updated without having to edit a post on GTPlanet, or re-link the spreadsheet. 👍

I see the ease-of-access advantage having native table support, but a very good alternative is to use Google's spreadsheet editor, which can be hyperlinked. This also means that the data can be updated without having to edit a post on GTPlanet, or re-link the spreadsheet. 👍

I've experimented with embedding larger Google Sheets, but they were very clunky on mobile devices. Using that as a way to organize smaller amounts of data is interesting though. I'll have to see what I can get without too much, or any scrolling or awkward resizing on mobile.

I've experimented with embedding larger Google Sheets, but they were very clunky on mobile devices. Using that as a way to organize smaller amounts of data is interesting though. I'll have to see what I can get without too much, or any scrolling or awkward resizing on mobile.
Ah, forgot about those darned touchscreen devices. They are truly a pain when editing a spreadsheet. Especially on smaller, low-resolution displays, too. The only somewhat positive mobile spreadsheet experience I've had is with Excel on a mid-range Windows Phone. Although I'm not sure if Microsoft has web document hosting like Google does these days.

Latest Posts

Back