Griffith 4.0/500 Drift Settings

Just to start out, as this is my first post, i've been a long time GT player! Started with GT2 and then went back and forth between GT3 & GT1. I've completed GT1 multiple times, GT2 multiple times (98.2%), GT3 a couple times, and i've only dabbled in GT4......never really sat down and played it. But i would consider myself fairly decent at the first 3 GT's. Anywho, now that that's out of the way, being my first post, onto what this post is about!

I know that drifting in GT1 is more or less a novelty thing and really just something to do when you have the game complete or are just bored with regular game play. So i tried quite a few cars before i came to the perfect car for drifting, in my opinion.........the TVR Griffith 4.0 or 500!! This thing is a beast for drifting with minimal tuning! I personally like the 4.0 better than the 500 although they are really the same car.....here are my settings for either one......

First of all the parts that i have installed......

Racing Muffler
Computer
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
NA Tune Stage 1
Racing Support Gearbox
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Driveshaft
Stage 1,2,3 Weight Reduction
Racing Modification

Everything else should be left STOCK!!!

After you have those parts installed the settings should look like this...

Spring Rate - Front - 3.2 - Rear - 2.6
Ride Height - Front - 146 - Rear - 146
Damper - Front - 0 - Rear - 0
Camber - Front - 0.0 - Rear - 0.0
Stabilizer - Front - 0 - Rear - 0
Brakes - Front - 0 - Rear - 0
Downforce - Front - 0.29 - Rear - 0.46

Now for the gear ratios im using

First - 2.950
Second - 1.940
Third - 1.462
Fourth - 1.160
Fifth - 0.919
Final - 3.310

Alright that should get you started! And of course these settings can be messed with further to suite your driving style, but this setup works excellent for me! The car is quite the hand-full at first but once you get used to it it works very well!

My favorite tracks for this car and for the purpose of drifting are, Autumn Ring forwards or backwards, Autumn Mini forwards or backwards, and Grandvalley forwards or backwards. Autumn Ring backwards is by far my favorite....i like picking the Autumn Ring forward track in Time Trial and then just go backwards so you can do as many laps as you'd like! Doing more than 2 laps really helps getting the tires in perfect drifting condition!

On either of the Autumn Ring or Autumn Mini tracks you can get a really long, multiple corner, drift going! Takes practice but if you going backwards on the Autumn Ring course, my favorite "drift line" is.......

Starting from a good speed going passed the start/finish line....lightly drift the first left, setting you up for a medium drift on the following right, then a hardcore drift to the left....holding the drift for as long as possible. Then the very next left brake super hard and turn hard left, hold this drift around this left then go hard right and drift out of that "S" like turn......now hurling towards this next hairpin, slam on the brakes just before you get to the turn while kind of pointing towards the inside of this corner....once the car comes around start tapping the gas and turning as needed. This corner is a bit tricky, but with plenty of practice, the whole corner can be drifted making for an excellent replay video! That is my favorite part of the whole track!

Anywho, this post is getting lengthy, and like i said, this car takes some getting used to, but when you have it figured out it is a drifting monster! Also, just a tip, don't look at it as getting the fastest time around the track......you'll never find a line and you'll be constantly spinning-out. Go slower and try and set up your line....once you have this down along with how to feather the gas and steering......you too can be a GT1 drifting master!

Sorry for the lengthiness. Hope this was helpful.

-GriffDrift

Just to start out, as this is my first post, i've been a long time GT player! Started with GT2 and then went back and forth between GT3 & GT1. I've completed GT1 multiple times, GT2 multiple times (98.2%), GT3 a couple times, and i've only dabbled in GT4......never really sat down and played it. But i would consider myself fairly decent at the first 3 GT's. Anywho, now that that's out of the way, being my first post, onto what this post is about!

I know that drifting in GT1 is more or less a novelty thing and really just something to do when you have the game complete or are just bored with regular game play. So i tried quite a few cars before i came to the perfect car for drifting, in my opinion.........the TVR Griffith 4.0 or 500!! This thing is a beast for drifting with minimal tuning! I personally like the 4.0 better than the 500 although they are really the same car.....here are my settings for either one......

First of all the parts that i have installed......

Racing Muffler
Computer
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
NA Tune Stage 1
Racing Support Gearbox
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Driveshaft
Stage 1,2,3 Weight Reduction
Racing Modification

Everything else should be left STOCK!!!

After you have those parts installed the settings should look like this...

Spring Rate - Front - 3.2 - Rear - 2.6
Ride Height - Front - 146 - Rear - 146
Damper - Front - 0 - Rear - 0
Camber - Front - 0.0 - Rear - 0.0
Stabilizer - Front - 0 - Rear - 0
Brakes - Front - 0 - Rear - 0
Downforce - Front - 0.29 - Rear - 0.46

Now for the gear ratios im using

First - 2.950
Second - 1.940
Third - 1.462
Fourth - 1.160
Fifth - 0.919
Final - 3.310

Alright that should get you started! And of course these settings can be messed with further to suite your driving style, but this setup works excellent for me! The car is quite the hand-full at first but once you get used to it it works very well!

My favorite tracks for this car and for the purpose of drifting are, Autumn Ring forwards or backwards, Autumn Mini forwards or backwards, and Grandvalley forwards or backwards. Autumn Ring backwards is by far my favorite....i like picking the Autumn Ring forward track in Time Trial and then just go backwards so you can do as many laps as you'd like! Doing more than 2 laps really helps getting the tires in perfect drifting condition!

On either of the Autumn Ring or Autumn Mini tracks you can get a really long, multiple corner, drift going! Takes practice but if you going backwards on the Autumn Ring course, my favorite "drift line" is.......

Starting from a good speed going passed the start/finish line....lightly drift the first left, setting you up for a medium drift on the following right, then a hardcore drift to the left....holding the drift for as long as possible. Then the very next left brake super hard and turn hard left, hold this drift around this left then go hard right and drift out of that "S" like turn......now hurling towards this next hairpin, slam on the brakes just before you get to the turn while kind of pointing towards the inside of this corner....once the car comes around start tapping the gas and turning as needed. This corner is a bit tricky, but with plenty of practice, the whole corner can be drifted making for an excellent replay video! That is my favorite part of the whole track!

Anywho, this post is getting lengthy, and like i said, this car takes some getting used to, but when you have it figured out it is a drifting monster! Also, just a tip, don't look at it as getting the fastest time around the track......you'll never find a line and you'll be constantly spinning-out. Go slower and try and set up your line....once you have this down along with how to feather the gas and steering......you too can be a GT1 drifting master!

Sorry for the lengthiness. Hope this was helpful.

-GriffDrift

Cool! But me, I don't usually mess around with my car's settings too much. I just race!:cool:

Nice to see someone actually driving the Griffith. Not many people like that car because, as you said, it can be quite handful. I myself rarely use this car, trying to gold the IA License with it is just frustrating enough to further mess around with it. But yeah, this is a good car for drifting. Hell, driven bone-stock it will still drift.

Interesting that you don't buy racing suspension, brake kits and tires.

Oh, have you tried drifting around SSR11:D?

Kudos to you GriffDrift 👍 I'll try messing around later when I got time :)

I like the Griffith, and actually found the IA tests which used it easier, and easier to gold, than the ones with the Viper. For some reason my driving managed to convert its handling into exit understeer, which is useful for powering out of corners. It was a reliable winner in both Normal and Hard-Tuned series, without seeming like a total cheat, and in race-mod form was an easy win-anything car. I must admit the Cerbera did seem more refined, however. Although in real life, all TVRs are supposedly a bit hairy.

Nice to see someone actually driving the Griffith. Not many people like that car because, as you said, it can be quite handful. I myself rarely use this car, trying to gold the IA License with it is just frustrating enough to further mess around with it. But yeah, this is a good car for drifting. Hell, driven bone-stock it will still drift.

Interesting that you don't buy racing suspension, brake kits and tires.

Oh, have you tried drifting around SSR11:D?

Kudos to you GriffDrift 👍 I'll try messing around later when I got time :)

Actually I've been rounding up my gold licenses and doing the IA test with the Griffith is what got me thinking about a good drifting car. Like you said, even stock it is a beast for drifting.......but it was just lacking in power abit in my opinion.

Normally I do buy the suspension, brakes, tires.........but with the Griffith, i really dig the body-roll it has stock.....Makes it really easy to "throw" it into corners and really helps setting up for multiple corner drifts. I guess I could install the brakes but i've just gotten used to its stock brakes. And as for tires, i've found that with my driving style when drifting, the stock tires seem to give the best effect! I've tried ALL of the other tires, semi racing & racing. But like i said in the original post, i like going to the Time Trial under the race menu, pick a track, then go backwards allowing you to do more than 2 laps. I find that after about lap 2, depending on the track, the Normal tires are just getting perfect for drifting!

And yes, i have tried the SSR11 with the Griffith.......and its pretty fun, but being that it has a naturally narrower track with the side walls.....can't really do those really long, wide, sweeping drifts that i like doing on the more "open" courses!

Wish I could upload videos, id throw one up for you guys, but i can't :(

Thanks for taking interest guys! Let me know how you like it! Just remember it's not about speed when drifting with the Griffith, more about taking it abit slower and finding cool lines to try and drift ;)

-GriffDrift

To SportWagon: For me the Griffith tests are much more difficult than the Viper ones. I always get excessive power-on oversteer, which leads to lots of countersteering and that slows my time a lot. With Viper the oversteer is still there, but you can get away with less counter (the fat rear tires no doubt helps). Maybe it's all down to our driving styles though. I always brake as late as possible and turn in at the same time, causing the car to slide and hit the apex (I usually let off all controls at this time), then after it has clipped the apex I floored the gas and correct any under/oversteer. The Griffith in RM form is very light, and that is both an advantage and disadvantage (think of Concept Car LM). I can't help but think the RM kit is a bit ugly though (IMO). The Cerbera is like a more mature version of the Griffith, and oversteer is more subtle. All TVRs are scary to drive no doubt, think of Speed 12 & 6 in GT2.

To GriffDrift: You're right, the Griffith does need more power :D. I've forgotten about the "signature" Griffith body roll, yeah that character of the car rocks. About the tires, maybe the Semi-racing and Racing tires are too grippy for drifting, so it doesn't suit the purpose well...Drifting in SSR11 is more like drifting in a carpark :lol:.

Since it's Friday I'll try it out tonight GriffDrift 👍

To GriffDrift: You're right, the Griffith does need more power :D. I've forgotten about the "signature" Griffith body roll, yeah that character of the car rocks. About the tires, maybe the Semi-racing and Racing tires are too grippy for drifting, so it doesn't suit the purpose well...Drifting in SSR11 is more like drifting in a carpark :lol:.

Since it's Friday I'll try it out tonight GriffDrift 👍

Hey bud,

Just checking in to see if you tried it out or not. If not, no big deal. Just wanting to hear some feedback from others on this setup ;)

Yea, the Semi racing and Racing tires are just a bit too sticky for drifting.....although, i tried out the Racing Super Soft tires on front and back today and after a few laps, they work REAL well too!

Also spent some time on the SSR11 today and found a few fun lines to take for drifting, although i found the Griffith doesn't do near as good as the viper does for drifting this course......if anyone wants my viper setup, id be more than happy to post it!

On a side not, i picked up GT2 today for $2.75 shipped on Ebay! So I'll probably be putting in alot more time on that rather than GT1, as i've finally (just tonight) gotten all the golds(for the billionth time) and have owned all the cars on GT1. So it was fun to get back into GT1, but im really looking forward to playing GT2 again, i fukin love that Escudo ;) Among many other cars ;)

Anywho, just checking in, let me know how the experience with drifting the Griffith goes! I found quite a few more "good" lines for drifting on other tracks today........I did notice today, the Griffith doesn't do the really tight hairpins as well as it does the really wide, sweeping corners......you just have to try it to know what i mean! Till next time.

-GriffDrift

Hey bud,

Just checking in to see if you tried it out or not. If not, no big deal. Just wanting to hear some feedback from others on this setup ;)

Well guess what GriffDrift……I tried it, and I LOVE it. It’s been a long time since I “purposely” messed around in a car, so first few laps I was like, “What the hell! This car is totally undrivable with these settings!” But then I remembered your advice that it’s not about going fast, but about finding lines. So then I got the hang of it, and I drifted ‘till daybreak……well no, but it’s still terribly fun:D.

Yea, the Semi racing and Racing tires are just a bit too sticky for drifting.....although, i tried out the Racing Super Soft tires on front and back today and after a few laps, they work REAL well too!

I tried Racing Super Softs all around, and Racing Hards all around, but none of them works as well as Normals, with Normals you can sustain your drifts longer. So you’re spot-on about the tires there.

Also spent some time on the SSR11 today and found a few fun lines to take for drifting, although i found the Griffith doesn't do near as good as the Viper does for drifting this course......if anyone wants my Viper setup, I’d be more than happy to post it!!

I have only drifted at Autumn Ring Backwards, I’ll try with other tracks later. And do post your setups :D they’re really good.

On a sidenote, I picked up GT2 today for $2.75 shipped on Ebay! So I'll probably be putting in alot more time on that rather than GT1, as I've finally (just tonight) gotten all the golds(for the billionth time) and have owned all the cars on GT1. So it was fun to get back into GT1, but I’m really looking forward to playing GT2 again, I ****** love that Escudo ;) Among many other cars ;)

Don’t forget to try drifting the TVRs in GT2 ;) and post your setups. I also suggest you claim you hate the Escudo though(but you can still love it, just keep it to yourself), people here hate anybody who uses that car.

Anywho, just checking in, let me know how the experience with drifting the Griffith goes! I found quite a few more "good" lines for drifting on other tracks today........I did notice today, the Griffith doesn't do the really tight hairpins as well as it does the really wide, sweeping corners......you just have to try it to know what i mean! Till next time.

For some reason I like the 4.0 better than the 500, maybe it’s the torque curve, but the difference is very subtle. The Griffith oversteers a tad too much around hairpins, but it rocks around wide corners, I found it very easy to hold a single drift around the whole 360 degree turn in Autumn Ring.

And um, is there any way to post vids without uploading them first to youtube? I recorded my replay and the file is now on my computer, but I can't post it because I don't have a youtube account, and ImageShack obviously doesn't support vids.

Well guess what GriffDrift……I tried it, and I LOVE it. It’s been a long time since I “purposely” messed around in a car, so first few laps I was like, “What the hell! This car is totally undrivable with these settings!” But then I remembered your advice that it’s not about going fast, but about finding lines. So then I got the hang of it, and I drifted ‘till daybreak……well no, but it’s still terribly fun:D
Excellent!! Really glad to hear you got the hang of it! I've done the Autumn Ring backwards for hours on end before.....it's just so much fun drifting that course!

I tried Racing Super Softs all around, and Racing Hards all around, but none of them works as well as Normals, with Normals you can sustain your drifts longer. So you’re spot-on about the tires there.
I noticed the same thing. Although after you really wear out the super softs, they're pretty good.....but still not like the normals.

I have only drifted at Autumn Ring Backwards, I’ll try with other tracks later. And do post your setups :D they’re really good.
I'll throw up that viper setup alittle later! And thanks for the kind words!

Don’t forget to try drifting the TVRs in GT2 ;) and post your setups. I also suggest you claim you hate the Escudo though(but you can still love it, just keep it to yourself), people here hate anybody who uses that car.
Ill definately give them a go! I've been playing the GT games for awhile now and just recently discovered actually drifting so i'll definately be trying in GT2!

I figured everyone was pretty much against the Escudo and i can understand why. But nonetheless it's still a really fun car to drive ;)

For some reason I like the 4.0 better than the 500, maybe it’s the torque curve, but the difference is very subtle. The Griffith oversteers a tad too much around hairpins, but it rocks around wide corners, I found it very easy to hold a single drift around the whole 360 degree turn in Autumn Ring.
I too like the 4.0 a bit better than the 500, but they are very close to each other.

It's alot of fun when you get it dialed in and drift that 360 turn in Autumn Ring! It's pretty much the longest single corner drift i've found in any of the tracks.

And um, is there any way to post vids without uploading them first to youtube? I recorded my replay and the file is now on my computer, but I can't post it because I don't have a youtube account, and ImageShack obviously doesn't support vids.
Wish i could help ya out here, but to be honest, i know nothing about uploading videos! I'd like to see your video so if you can find a way to post it up please do!

And thanks for trying it out! I was wanting to hear some feedback! Like i said, ill post up the viper settings i use for drifting a little later! Till next time.

-GriffDrift

Not as good as the Griffith because the Cerbera is heavier and "tamer". But it's still a formidable drift car once you raised the power and do some WR.

How do you figure that? I mean, I've seen what the Cerbera is capable of in arcade mode, but what about it in simulation?

GriffDrift08 -> I don't know why, but your settings don't work for me, the car is too bouncy and less stable, almost useless.
I had my own settings for drifting:

Normal Tires
Soft Stabilisers
Springs 4,2 / 3,5
Ride Height 135 both
Damper 4 both
Camber 1,5 both
Stabiliser 1 both
Brakes 13 both

Gear Ratio:
1st 2,950
2nd 2,045